What equipment do you need for a effective full body calisthenics workout? Not that much!
Read on to find out what equipment you need, and how to maximize your home workout space to get a great calisthenics workout.
1. Rubberbanditz Pull Up Assist Resistance Bands Heavy Duty Loop Exercise Workout Bands
- Great for beginners to advanced users.
- Use to increase weight on bodyweight training exercises.
- Great for enhancing flexibility and loseing weight.
- Ideal for training and exercises such as pull ups, dips, gymnastics, calisthenics, pull ups, powerlifting, rowing, and stretching.
- Ideal strength and mobility training for CrossFit, weight lifting, powerlifting, functional fitness, athletic training, and home use.
- Portable and travel size. Ideal for traveling workout bag.
- Made of rubber, simple and durable material.
- Difficulty to store, inconvenient to put away.
- Bulky and big.
- Can only be used for bodyweight exercises.
- Can only be used in different angles for pull ups.
- Not for static stretch.
This is a great little product that can help you get extra reps on your pull ups and that’s perfect for what it is. It’s cheap, has a nice wide grip so you can keep your hands together and get assistance on the way up and down.
You can use it together with your regular weight belt to do weighted pull ups or for dips, depending on how tight you want the band to be and how much weight you need.
2. RUNmax Pro Weighted Vest 12lbs/ 20lbs/ 40lbs/ 50lbs/ 60lbs
- The main compartment of the vest has a dual internal zippered mesh pocket for extra storage.
- There is a sleeve at the back of the vest to allow you to slide the 20lb weight plate inside but you can always fill in other weight plates if you want to.
- There is an attached waist belt to give you stability and comfort during exercise.
- The weights vest is not the kind of vest that would make you appear bulky. The weight of the vest is evenly distributed across the back, chest, shoulders and mid-section.
- The vest has a solid and firm stitching. The Duraflex buckles and Zippered pockets are strong and do not seem like they would break.
- The men that I know that use this weighted vest seem to really dig it. They really like how they feel when they put the vest on and also, they seem to like the way it makes them look.
When you wear the straps over your shoulders, they are not that comfortable. However, putting the weight plate in the back sleeve makes it a whole lot better.
A weighted vest is a great way to increase the resistance for squats, upper body pulling exercises like pull-ups, dips and muscle-ups, weighted squats and bench presses, kettlebell swings, snatches, farmer walks and overhead carries.
3. ProFitness Cross Training Gloves Non-Slip Palm Silicone Weight Lifting Glove to Avoid Calluses
- Comfortable, no more calluses!
- Sturdy and doesn’t slip off!
- Perfect for weight lifting and cross training.
- Great Palms to ensure a secure grip.
- LONG Wrist Wrap for better support.
- Doesn’t slide off when working out.
- Many colors to choose from.
- Great wrist support instead of tape.
- Good grip.
- Extra long wrap comes folded and gets in the way.
- Finger holes don’t have an extra wrap for support.
These gym gloves are perfect for Insanity, P90X, CrossFit, Powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, and other weight training. It’s lightweight with long wrist wrap support and has many colors to choose from. For this price range, it’s one of the best weight lifting glove you can get. It’s comfortable and it’s not bulky so it won’t interfere with your calisthenics workouts.
4. Gold's Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower
- Versatile with multiple pull-up/dip station and push-up pad positions
- Solid and stable
- No middle dip bar
- Assembly instructions could be better
The dip bar has a 400-pound weight capacity the pull-up station has a 500-pound capacity, and the push-up pad has a 300-pound weight capacity. That’s 2,400 pounds of workout and exercise capacity!
When it comes to adjustability, the XR 10.9 has you covered. You get three different pull-up bar positions, three different dip station positions, and two different push-up pad positions.
5. Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex 10-Pound Adjustable Weighted Vest
- · Works for men and women.
- · Best fanny pack option for gym wear for both men and women.
- · Loose fit around the abdomen due to design.
- · Can be considered pricey.
Durable, Comfortable, Lightweight, Breathable and Comfortable.
· Comfortable – high-quality adjustable Velcro straps, Boa Inner Velcro, and top-grain leather construction.
6. New Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves
- Sewn with Kevlar thread for long-lasting durability, their gloves are designed to withstand the rough treatment of a rugged training schedule.
- These gloves are strong, light, and nimble – they have a general finger length of 2.4 inches.
- They are constructed with an adjustable spring-loaded wrist & thumb loop.
- These gloves offer full palm protection, which is perfect if your hands sweat a lot.
- They are made of synthetic leather and a Lycra hand strap for a secure, comfortable fit.
- If not properly maintained, these gloves smell rather bad after first 2 months.
Calisthenics involves the practice of gymnastic-like exercises to build strength, agility, and endurance. It is a form of bodyweight training that requires you to exercise within the limitations of your body weight. It uses gymnastic-like exercises that engage multiple body parts and increases your overall functional strength.
To perform some of these exercises, you have to use a lot of equipment. You need equipment that is durable and will serve you for long. Look for weight lifting gloves that are breathable, have good grips and will hold up to hard use. Don’t compromise on the quality of the equipment either, especially since calisthenics is a low-impact form of exercise.
7. Iron Core Athletics Pull Up Assistance Bands
- 4 different strengths to choose from. From 2-17.5 pounds of assistance
- The bands are high-quality and are meant to last.
- Bands can be used for ring training and more.
- Reviews from customers are glowing. Many people use these bands for multiple things, not just pull ups.
- 31-day money back guarantee – 1 year replacement warranty.
- Work for anyone who has a pullup bar in their home or garage.
- Great for indoor or outdoor use.
- Many people wanted more of an extended grommet. It would make it easier to use.
- A few customers had trouble with the pull up bands stretching out quickly.
- Not for people with bad shoulder injuries.
BEST PULLUP AID EVER!
The Iron Core exercise bands are really popular with athletes. They are made with premium grade raw materials and reinforced for rock solid consistency.
You get one for each hand which is perfect for when you’re doing double handers, which add a ton of difficulty to your body weight workout. These bands are great for box jumps, pull ups, inverted rows, muscle ups, and even snatches.
8. Gym1 Power Fitness Package
- Essential set for anyone looking to build a powerhouse body.
- Great for the core, back, and arms.
- Comes with great instructions to get you started.
- Material is made from steel and is sturdy.
- Other great things about this product include the Amazon price and the customer service.
- It does not come with a weight set.
- You need to install this equipment, which for most people isn't a problem.
- Some users also noted that the instructions were missing for their equipment.
A lot of the equipment needed to rebuild yourself and build a powerful and strong body is not cheap. However, this package is a great way to save on the initial purchase of equipment. Everything you need to start your journey to being healthy and in shape is included in this package.
If what you have just read interested you and helped you then head on over to this link where you can check out the product, read the reviews and get the specifications and the important information you need to know about the product.
There is also a video attached to this product so there is not any room for doubt in your mind. That's what I love about Buying and Selling.
9. XMark Fitness XM-4446 Power Tower
- Durable construction
- Wide range of exercises
- Many adjustments
- Easy to assemble
- Numerous users
The XMark Fitness 54-inch is a great multipurpose piece of home gym equipment that offers a wide range of variations for strength training and cross training. It features numerous pull-up and chin-up styles, dip stations, and even lower anchor arms for suspension training to target your abs.
The XM-4446 is a high-quality product that should last for years in your home gym. It is easy to assemble, and simply requires a screwdriver and some weight plates for weights. The tower has inch-worm, dip, and chin-up stations for a variety of functional training exercises.
A few features that may make this power tower a good fit for you is its height that’s just right for a range of pull ups. Plus, this tower provides extra-wide grip handles for comfortable lifting. It takes up very little room in your garage or home gym and is just perfect for those who are looking for a reliable, sturdy tower to add to their home gym.
10. Gravity Fitness Portable Bodyweight Mate & Pull Up Rack
- Comes with a work-out mat and two pull up bars.
- Can be set up and broken down in under twenty minutes.
- Ideal for those with limited space.
- Perfect for the garage gym or bedroom.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Can help you to establish traditional pull-ups.
- The height of the bar might be a bit low for some people.
- The Velcro strap for holding the feet in place can be a little uncomfortable.
If you are looking for a sturdy and reliable pair of pull up bars, consider a pair that you can mount to a wall or ceiling. They are cheap and easy to install. The Gravity Fitness portable pull up bars are one of the best fitness equipment for anyone who wants to develop traditional pull ups at home …
Gravity Fitness – Bodyweight Mate ‑ After a lot of searching around, we came across the Bodyweight Mate from Gravity Fitness. We were impressed by the simple design, solid construction, and price tag. This pair is located in our office and used regularly. It comes with a mat and we added a pair of cheap and easy to install pull-up bars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What equipment is needed for calisthenics?
For starters, you need a good pair of gymnastics rings,(If you want something more affordable you can try a pair of tree climbing straps) you'll need to invest in some flooring of some kind and a pull-up bar.
For most of the techniques you'll want some type of closed-cell foam that is relatively smooth.
What equipment is essential for a home gym?
Check out the below equipment list for the must-have calisthenics equipment required to get started with calisthenics.
For calisthenics and bodyweight exercises, you need a pull-up bar, dip bars or something to hang on (such as monkey bars, gymnastic rings, suspension trainer, etc.) and push-up handles. In this case the push-up handles are just two small bars, which can be placed anywhere on the pull-up bar, and you place your feet into them while doing pushups. Cool, huh?
Which is better working out at home or gym?
Calisthenics can be performed anywhere. However, the physical activity AEROBIC exercise can only be achieved in a controlled environment. It must be conducted with the right equipment in a safe surrounding with a professional trainer that ensures the safety of the trainees.
The home gyms have a limit of the amount of weight that can be lifted and the number of repetitions that can be done. There is a focus on the muscle parts of the body- small and large muscle development and muscular endurance.
Gym and calisthenics are the traditional methods. One uses heavy and larger machines while the other depends on the body to move in an infinite number of ways. The two systems can be combined into a unique and effective fitness regime.
Can I do gym and calisthenics?
Yes. Calisthenics is one of the original forms of exercise, but it has been revived in the past decade or so. The benefits of calisthenics are that you can use your body weight to make strength and fitness gains without additional equipment. One drawback is it can get boring, so you might want to incorporate some gym equipment in your routine.
A gym can provide you with a lot of equipment to work with. An entire system of gym exercises can be designed on your home gym based on your budget, space and what equipment you choose to buy. Adding calisthenics to your home gym allows you to take advantage of a budget, while retaining the abilities to pursue more advanced goals.
Are you ready for a calisthenics workout at home? Calisthenics is a universal exercise that uses your own body weight to create resistance to build your muscles. With proper training, you can build muscle, strength, stamina, and tone. There are many ways to perform calisthenics ‡ and hundreds of exercises you can do to target your whole body.
For many, performing calisthenics means using the essentials only. The following equipment is recommended for a calisthenics workout:
- A pull-up bar
- Comfortable footwear
- Knee pads
- Door frame pull-up bar is a must