|Deco Athletic Yoga Mat Bag Full Zip||Best Overall|
|Gonex Yoga Mat Bag||Budget Pick|
|Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack Two Straps Patterned Canvas||Upgrade Pick|
1. Deco Athletic Yoga Mat Bag Full Zip
- Stylish design
- Lots of storage space
- Expandable to fit large yoga mats
- Lightweight and durable
However, it’s not so spacious that your mat will flop around, and it’s not so snug that it won’t go in. There’s also an internal laptop sleeve you can use to store your laptop and keys.
It features an external mesh pocket, so you can easily store a bottle of water or a sandbag to bolster your balance. There’s also a zippered external pocket where you can store your cell phone or other devices. This is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable yoga mat bag.
2. Boence Yoga Mat Bag
- Very well made – The material feels very durable. Stitching is excellent.
- Spacious – I can carry all my yoga gear (water bottle, towel, clothes, yoga mat, etc.).
- Good design allows you to carry a few things in the main compartment and other things in the outside pockets.
- Although the sling is not padded, it's still comfortably soft and has a padded area where it connects to the bag.
- The bag is filled with pillows,
- The back of the bag is padded but the shoulder straps are not. Those are plenty padded, however.
- The bag is highly adjustable to fit your needs. The straps can be shortened or lengthened. The edges of the bag can be cinched or loosened as well.
- The shoulder straps are comfortable. I can easily carry it for hours without noticing it on my back.
- There is one outside pocket on each side. Only one side has elastic bands to keep items in place. You can't fit much in those pockets.
- The main compartment is somewhat small and I can only fit some small essentials like my wallet, keys, and a sweater.
3. Gonex Yoga Mat Bag
- Soft material keeps your mat clean and untangled.
- Large enough to fit a standard size mat with a little extra space.
- Shoulder strap is soft and has plenty of strap length to accommodate different heights.
- Construction is sturdy and made of high quality materials.
- The shoulder strap clips in securely.
- Free from BPA, PVC, Phthalate, and other harmful ingredients.
- No smell, only fresh and pure.
- One zipper lock for extra safety.
- The strap is in the wrong place. Your shoulder will be irritated after an hour of bag carry.
- It’s a little narrow for an adult male adult but it’s perfect for a child.
4. YogaAddict Yoga Mat Tote Bag Supreme and Carriers
- Bright Orange interior (a strong contrast to be able to locate your items a little easier.)
- Large interior pocket/divider/compartments with velcro top closure for a water bottle. These compartments help to keep things organized in the bag.
- A hanging locker loop so you can hang the bag from a hook at the gym rather than putting it on the dirty floor.
- reinforced and shorter handles.
- Accessible from all sides for convenience. This is a nice feature when you are trying to get to your things with things already in the bag.
- Zipper closure that extends most of the way to the bottom of the bag.
- Shock resistant/water repellent/proof. The bag is very well made.
- Most other mats fit great in this bag. I have a 24" x 6" mat with some extra room. Then I have room for some small extras.
& Carry, Black.
My only concern is that sometimes things jiggle around a bit too much in the bag. So some extra material or padding would be a nice addition on the bottom of the bag to help keep the contents from jiggling around. Maybe you wouldn't want the padding if the bag would end up getting dirty from the gym floor.
5. Aozora Yoga Mat Bag Large Yoga Mat Tote Sling Carrier
- A very large tote that can hold all of your clothes and towels for the day and your mat as well.
- The sling makes it easy to carry and the bag is light still.
- Sturdy zippers ensure the bag will remain closed, which keeps the mat in tact.
- Bag is not very thick, so softer mats will have a tough time fitting.
At last, the best yoga mat bag. Honestly, you can't beat it. Maybe it's the durableness, the sturdiness, the number one quality. But while there are definitely products that will do the job, they won't do the job they're supposed to do.
This bag will specifically tote around your yoga mat with ease. It's safe, well protected, and undoubtedly made to last.
6. JamPa Yoga Mat Carrier
- Separate compartment for tablet and iPad/laptop.
- Mat strap.
- Beautiful design.
- Padded shoulder straps.
- Extra compartment for shoes.
- Many compartments.
- Adjustable shoulder strap.
- Targus Pack-It Organizer.
- Bulky and may not fit in a lot of cars.
- Can be heavy for someone with lower back issues.
This Yoga Bag is perfect for anyone who loves Pilates and other fitness related exercises. The bag has a unique design and features great compartments for all of your Yoga gear. This bag is roomy enough to carry all the equipment you need for your next exercise session.
It offers multiple compartments for all of your gear and has a shoulder strap that is fully adjustable, so it can fit anyone.
The bag comes with a Targus Pack-it Organizer and can hold and iPad or laptop without having to take up one of the big compartments.
7. FODOKO Yoga Mat Bag
- made from high quality, long lasting, light weight material
- Has a simple design, conveniently carry your yoga mat, towel and water bottles
- Very easy to maintain, just shake it to clean
- Includes a hanging hook
40" Long Yoga Strap Strap Included.
This yoga mat bag is the perfect choice for carrying your yoga mat to your yoga classes, or even at the beach. It comes in 2 colors such as Charcoal Black and Sky Blue. It is a convenient yoga bag that can hold your yoga mat, water bottle, keys, towel, hat, phone and etc.
This bag includes a large pocket which is the perfect space for putting your yoga mat. And there is a zipper pocket for keeping your towel and other accessories. There is also a handy pocket on the side of the bag for keeping your ID card, cardigan, water bottle or cell phone. And also there is a carrying strap for carrying the yoga mat bag easily.
8. Uhawi Yoga Mat Bag Large Yoga Mat Tote Sling Carrier
- Stash a yoga mat inside this sleek bag and be on your way!
- Hands-free and convenient.
- This yoga mat pouch will carry your yoga mat wherever you go.
- This yoga mat bag has double zippers to protect your yoga mat.
- It also has 4 different compartments for yoga accessories.
- Too big and heavy for some people.
This yoga mat bag is great for short-term storage, but it is not suitable for a long-term storage. This is an ultra-portable carrying bag that you can use to bring your yoga mat to and from the gym or studio.
This bag has six pockets of different sizes. It has two pockets on the external side with large enough to hold a phone or other accessories. It has a large zippered pocket on the other side that is ideal for a yoga mat.
Plus, it has a small pocket on the bottom to hold a block. You can keep your keys and cleaning cloth in it.
9. Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack Two Straps Patterned Canvas
- This Yoga Mat Bag is available in a lot of pretty good looking patterns like this one that looks very stylish while having a lot of space for all your stuff.
- It comes in a good looking variety of patterns and colors. So you have many options to choose from depending on your style preference.
- It is a durable bag made from quality canvas material. It will last for a long time without getting damaged.
- It fits all the basic stuff you need for Yoga sessions.
- It is a lightweight bag so you can carry it around with ease.
- The shoulder straps are thick and soft. So you can carry the bag without feeling any irritation on your shoulders.
It might not be so comfortable for people who have back pain. The strap might feel like a burden on the back.
Summary: This backpack Yoga Mat bag is a basic one. It is ideal for people who just need a bag capable of carrying their Yoga Mat along with some other stuff like their Water Bottle, Keys and Phone, etc. It is casual, so it doesn’t look really that stylish or any of that sort. It is a durable bag. The straps are alright as they are thick and soft. So you will not feel the weight of the bag much while carrying it around.
10. RIMSports Yoga Mat Bag
- Storage for mat or towel.
- Zipper closure.
- Easy carrying handle.
- Stitched seams for durability.
- Mesh pocket.
- Water resistant material.
- Two large side pockets.
- Waterproof material.
- Perfect for travel and everyday use.
- Small pocket.
- Not for thin mats.
- A little taller than other bags.
Overall, the RimSports yoga mat bag is a perfect bag for all yoga mats. It is available in 5 different colors, which will allow you to choose your favorite one. The mat bag is suitable for many uses, such as during practice, traveling, gymming or for a day out. The yoga mat bag can be used for many purposes. It is also useful to hold your gloves, water bottle, and towels. This bag can also be used to transport your school things especially that it has large compartments and reflective elements.
11. BalanceFrom BFGYFM6BLK Goyoga Full Zip Exercise Yoga Mat Bag
If you are looking for the lightweight yoga mat bags, then they are the ideal choice for you. The bag is lightweight yet very durable. The design of the bag is broad and has enough space to carry your yoga mat along with some other exercise equipments.
The bag comes with drawstring closure and boasts of a number of utility pockets which are very useful for keeping your things organized.
You can comfortably carry the bag on your shoulder as it comes with fluffy padded shoulder straps. This yoga bag comes with a lifetime guarantee and is available in different colours.
12. Large Yoga Mat Bag SKL Yoga Mat Tote Sling Carrier
- The top zipper is large enough to fit your yoga mat easily.
- The outer pockets are perfect for water bottle, keys and other larger accessories.
- The shoulder strap is strongly built for holding up to 30lbs.
- The shoulder strap is detachable and adjustable, so you can adjust it to your suit accordingly.
- The water-resistant outer material makes it durable and waterproof.
- The PU Leather Material makes it soft and easy to clean.
- It has a large capacity (up to 20.8″ x 61″).
- Brand New without tags.
- Printed design is not that good.
- The shoulder strap is too big compared to the carrier size.
This Yoga Mat bag is excellent for those who like to attend yoga activities regularly. It features a large zipper pocket for iPad, books, clothing or other items. You can also access the bag through large zipper pockets on the side. It is a great Yoga mat carrier with extra large side pocket.
The external features like shoulder strap, front zipper pocket, and side zipper pockets make this Yoga Bag is an attractive choice for active yoga lovers. I highly recommend this Yoga Mat bag to Yoga practitioners and I am pretty sure they will feel no hassle in carrying their yoga mats.
The Blue bag is the best color for yoga fans and the black bag looks great as well.
13. The Great Oak Yoga Mat Bag
- Check price on amazon now
- Three large pockets to put your stuff.
- Comes with a detachable strap you can use when carrying other things.
- Very well built.
- There are three colors to choose from.
- No cons were found with the product, besides the fact that it is difficult to find cons with this product.
This yoga bag is a very well-detailed yoga bag, and the manufacturer of this product cares about the quality of the materials used. The bag is very well built and the materials are very good quality.
The product is very big and spacious with zippers for organization and even a phone and keys fits in the bag with room to spare.
The product can hold up to three 1-liter bottles, which is a lot of water. And all pockets are zippered so none of your things will fall out of place.
14. Blue Dove Yoga Cochin Yoga Mat Bag Made from Organic Cotton
- Wait for it… It becomes very light and handy when not in use.
- Allow you to transfer from one place to other without any problem.
- World’s best yoga mat bag actually looks nice in all kinds of situations.
- Nothing significant to mention.
Canvas and Cotton, Natural Hemp Linings.
The Blue Dove Yoga Cochin Yoga Mat Bag is actually made from organic cotton canvas and cotton. It is 11 inches by 6.7 inches by 24 inches in size when fully expanded. It is suitable for both men and women to use. It is mainly designed for those who are looking for a high-quality, genuine and traditional yoga mat.
It can also be used in other areas like camping, travel, gym, beach, yoga workouts, etc. as a lightweight bag or pouch. This bag is really convenient to use with a zipper compartment and shoulder strap. It has a broad and roomy inner compartment, which is spacious and fits very easily at the bottom range of the bag. It has a small internal pocket, a key holder and two external slip pockets.
15. Faswin Yoga Mat Tote Bags
- Adjustable shoulder straps make it easy to carry
- Roomy enough to carry several yoga mats.
- Canvas exterior will be able to withstand long-term use.
- Can be used to carry books, videos, gear, shower supplies, and more.
- Is stylish and convenient.
- Makes a wonderful gift for any yoga practitioner.
- No extra side pockets or zipper pockets to hold keys, money, and other small items.
This mat bag has everything you could want in a yoga mat bag. It is roomy enough to carry several yoga mats and it has an adjustable shoulder strap that makes it extra easy to carry.
This bag is made of durable canvas and will be able to withstand long-term use. This bag will look great and is a wonderful gift for any yoga practitioner. Plus, it makes a wonderful shower gift or gift for any gym activity.
It is great for both men and women and is roomy enough to carry all of your gym or travel items. This is one of the highest-rated yoga mat bags on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best thickness for a yoga mat?
For a beginner or for a girl who is looking for a mat for her daily 5-minute practice, a 2-mm mat will be good. It will give you good grip and keep you comfortable. But for advanced yogis it's better to go for mats around 5-8 mm. They will help you to develop better posture and allow you to go deep in your poses. Also, if you don't change your mat for several years, go for something more cushioned, to keep yourself from sliding around. Some people even put towels on their mat to keep it cushioned.
Which is the top side of a yoga mat?
Longer side of a mat has a long and short side. This is the full length of a mat and side without printing on it.
Short side of a mat has also a long and side without printing.
Can you bring a yoga mat on an airplane?
If the airline you are flying allows you to carry on your yoga mat, then yes. If your yoga mat is too long, too wide and/or weighs too much, you can try to have the airline waive their fees and purchase an extra seat for it. If this doesn’t work, they can ask you to check that yoga mat for an extra charge.
Is it better to get a thicker yoga mat?
As long as your yoga mat is sticky enough for you, there is no need to get a thicker mat. To increase thickness, some manufacturers cut the mat so they can get more foam on top. That’s not a good idea. A yoga mat should have a good balance between cushioning and firmness and that is hard to get if you are dealing with an unbalanced product.
Struggling to keep your yoga mat clean after class? And to always make sure you bring your yoga mat with you after class?
Each yoga mat comes with an overwhelming amount of perks – all offering varying degrees of thickness, length, texture, weight and even grip in terms of how sticky it is. With so many aspects to choosing the right mat that fits your needs, this guide will help you find the best yoga mat for you.
|Deco Athletic Yoga Mat Bag Full Zip||Best Overall|
|Gonex Yoga Mat Bag||Budget Pick|
|Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack Two Straps Patterned Canvas||Upgrade Pick|