At some point, you will probably have to buy shoes without being able to try them on.
So, you need to read this review …and read it carefully.
Where do you start?
What is your budget?
Do you want the best price vs best quality?
|Reebok Men's Nano 9 Cross Trainer||Best Overall|
|New Balance Women's Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer||Budget Pick|
|Nike Metcon 5 Women's Training Shoee||Upgrade Pick|
1. Reebok Men's Nano 9 Cross Trainer
- Extremely light and low-profile shoes.
- Upper is made from breathable mesh.
- Good for workouts, light running, and endurance training.
- Breathable mesh uppers.
- Flexibility of the upper and sole provides a natural, unrestricted movement, and supports a wide range of foot movement.
- Fit, function, and performance all in one.
- Price is reasonable
- Unable to adjust fit due to non-adjustable laces and minimal upper eyelets.
- Lacing system is not customizable.
- Lack of forefoot cushioning challenges foot support during heavy exercise and long training sessions.
- Durability of the midsole material is questionable.
This pair of Reebok cross trainers is a lightweight and easy to wear shoe. The unique design of the shoes are a one-piece, seamless upper with a no-sew construction. The sole offers a high shock absorption and a long-lasting wear.
These shoes are a well-rounded, good for many types of exercise. If you are looking for a comfortable, supportive, light running shoe and cross training shoe, you will find this Reebok to be just what you are looking for.
This shoe is a neutral shoe with a balance of support and flexibility. The size of the shoe is what you would expect from a cross training shoe – not very big. Though you will need a bigger size than if you were purchasing running shoes.
2. York Athletics The Henry Lightweight Running Sneaker
- Moderate stability
- Good for both light and heavy runners
- The mesh is breathable and the shoe is lightweight
- Functional and Multi-Purpose
- Comfortable, durable and affordable
- A little heavy for some individuals
- Some issues with slipping
The York Athletics The Henry Lightweight Running Sneaker is for both men and women. This is a comfortable, multi-purpose and very affordable running shoe.
It is usually machine-washable and easy to clean, you can wash it or throw it in the washing machine if it gets a little dirty or smelly. There is no need to worry about its durability. It is durable enough to last for up to eight months. When you wear this shoe for the first time, it will feel completely comfortable and the shoe provides excellent grip.
Bottom Line: The reason why this shoe did so well is because of the price of the shoe. If you are looking for a great workout shoe for functional fitness and CrossFit gym workouts, the York Athletics The Henry Lightweight Running Sneaker is a good choice if you want one shoe that can perform a variety of tasks.
3. NOBULL Men's Training Shoes and Styles
- Stylish and comfortable.
- Breathable, full-grain leather & breathable mesh upper.
- Anti-microbial and moisture wicking mesh lining for odor control and snug fit.
- Memory foam-cushioned footbed with supportive heel cup.
- Tie in midfoot area for support.
- No-sew engineered upper with Smart-Track technology for increased flexibility.
- Full rubber outsole with razor siping for traction and durability.
- Free Fitness Kit (with purchase)
- Natural motion and flexibility.
- Nylon shank embedded in midsole for arch support and better shock absorption.
Runs small. Consider going up at least half a size, if not a whole size.
When you need to look feminine and feminine while lifting weights, weightlifting shoes that you can wear with everyday clothes are a must-have. These NoBull women's weightlifting shoes certainly fit the bill.
If you want to use dumbbells for your workouts, you'll want to use something like this easy-to-maintain pair of weightlifting shoes. They are sturdy and well-made.
4. Reebok Men's CROSSFIT Nano 2.0 Cross Trainer
- The mesh up top allows for plenty of airflow.
- Grippy rubber sole provides traction.
- Sleek modern design with a coordinated pair.
- The foam midsole keeps cushioning absorbent.
- The midsoles are a bit stiff.
- Overall the style lacks the minimalism of other cross training shoes.
Black/charcoal/red, 14 M US.
This shoe was designed to deliver the ultimate CrossFit experience. It is smooth, quick, and exciting to move in. The smart design and high-quality construction make this shoe durable since it is machine washable and you can also use it for running and other sports.
It has an upper mesh and synthetic combination that makes it durable for hours of wearing and it is also supple enough so that it does not feel too firm around the toe and the heel. The midsole is made of a foam material which is lightweight and flows cushioning absorbent.
5. Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 33
- Great cushioning and stability
- Good traction for a variety of surfaces
- Great support with the Air Zoom system
- Lighter than previous Pegasus models
- Great for everyday training and easy runs
- Versatile and stylish
- High quality mesh upper
- Nike Free heel is flexibile and cushioned
- Durable and stylish
- Some have found the Velcro wears out quickly.
The Nike Men’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33 is one of the top crossfit shoes for men. It is designed for agile training and movement. It is lightweight, but still provides high impact support with its air zoom system.
See the price here!
The midsole provides lateral stability with precise support and cushioning. The upper is made from a mesh that is highly flexible, yet durable. The shoes are fashionable and versatile, with a good mix of style and function.
6. Under Armour Men's Speedform Feel Cross Trainer Sneaker
- Its lightweight construction the shoe is popular among the professional basketball players.
- It has excellent breathability that enables you to wear the shoe for long workout sessions.
- It comes with performance fit system that offers you a custom fit with optimum comfort.
- It has a rubber outsole that provides great traction on the floor.
- It features a smooth upper that makes the shoe very comfortable.
- The shoe is well cushioned to provide sufficient cushioning for the users.
- The shoe is not ideal for running though most users used it for that purpose and said it worked well for them.
This is one of the most comfortable cross training shoes available in the market today. The shoes have extremely lightweight construction compared to the shoes of the leading brands. The shoes have excellent breathability. The shoes are designed to ensure that they provide enough breathability to the users.
The shoes have two models namely the UA Speedform Reactor and the Speedform Fast. The shoes feature a performance fit system that contains the Speedform’s proprietary arch band which provides you with a personalized form fit. The shoes feature a wide base which offers you a total support.
The shoes have a full length EVA midsole which not only allows you to have a secure platform but also have the cushioning that allows you to perform a variety of workouts with ease. The shoes also come with responsive CUSH+ technology which ensures that the shoe provides the cushioning that you need.
7. adidas Men's Cloudfoam Racer Tr
- Lightweight and breathable
- Zero gravity tech for comfort
- Overlays and details are really nice
- Arch support is good on these
- Great shoe for moderate to heavy lifting
Let’s start with the basics. Men’s sneakers come in all shapes and sizes. Some look like athletic shoes, and some look like athletic shoes with a twist. Either way, you’ve come to the right place.
Asics, Title, Footwear etc., we’ve handpicked our top favorites. After all, these are the shoes that you’ll want to wear as you go about your daily routine, whether it’s settling down with a good book, commuting through the city, or working up a sweat at the gym.
There are plenty of great sneakers out there, but these are the best of the best. As always, we’re here to help you find the shoes that are right for you.
8. Nike Metcon 4 Mens Cross Training Shoes
- Dynamically stable outsole.
- Accurate fit and lightweight design.
- Great full-length Zoki Huarache cushioning.
- Quick drying.
- Great colorways for men.
- Comes with a wide range of Men's sizes.
- Comes in a lot of cool colorways.
- The mesh can be less supportive for some people.
- The Flyknit upper isn't as durable as the leather.
- Specs for this model are still a little hard to find.
- The FlyKnit upper can be too snug for some people.
- The toe box can be too narrow for some people.
The Nike Metcon 4 is the latest and greatest model from the Nike Metcon series of shoes for CrossFit. This shoe is designed with precision and speed in mind.
It is the first Nike Metcon model to incorporate the new "ZOKEVA" midsole. This midsole offers support and flexibility. It provides an extremely stable platform for all of your CrossFit movements, both in the gym and outside it. Together with the FirmGround outsole, the ZOKEVA midsole has a removable insole for complete customization. You’ll also see a new midfoot strap system and heel counter.
These kicks are made with a knit upper, that allows the shoe to breath and wicks moisture away. Nike has also added Flywire for additional support and a perfectly snug fit.
9. NIKE Men's Free RN Running Shoe
- Built for speed with ultra-light support and a wider platform
- Free-feeling and incredibly light
- Responsive and flexible
- Breathable mesh apart
- Adjustable fit with Flywire cables.
- Some find the narrow sole makes them uncomfortable.
- This is a super popular lightweight running shoe that will give you the freedom you need to move and the support you need to train.
The Free 5.0 is a fantastic running shoe that offers a minimalist design with responsive cushioning. The 8mm heel-toe offset helps you land in a natural position. The mesh upper is durable and lightweight. The shoe is breathable, but also has a synthetic overlay for strength and support. Of course, it is moisture-wicking and it features a seamless design for comfort.
It has a nice, clean design that will match anything. It has a narrow, responsive fit. There are Free Weighting pods in the forefoot that give you a natural bounce with each step.
Users like the fit, the support, and the responsiveness of the Free 5.0. Plus, it is super easy on the shoes. One of the most popular minimalist running shoes, it weighs about 6.6 ounces (men’s size 9).
10. Reebok Women's Nano 9 Cross Trainer Shoes
- Lightweight and cushioned design.
- Breathable design.
- Comes in many attractive colors.
- Reebok quality.
- Durable design.
- Flexible and comfortable interior material.
- provides significant support.
- Heel support may be an issue for some individuals.
- Adhesive in the insole tends to fall off over long use.
The Reebok Nano 9 is the newest version of the Nano series of shoes and is a great option for CrossFit for women. They are lightweight and flexible right out of the box and have great traction from their rubber sole.
The shoe is narrow, but not too narrow and has a great heel support system to help keep you from wearing down the back of the shoe faster than the rest of the sole. It has a snug fit that can help prevent your foot from sliding around in the shoe and is a favorite for many CrossFitters.
Plus, it comes in three different colors, including a nice purple, so you can get something that you really like and will want to run in. The heel is somewhat high, but not too high and many people love this feature because it helps prevent heel lift when you are running.
11. Nike Metcon 5 Women's Training Shoee
- The most versatile shoes in Nike’s Metcon line.
- Lighter than the Metcon 4s, with high traction.
- Breathable mesh for summer.
- “Zonal-focus” midsole works three ways:
“It’s a “low-profile weightlifting shoe,” my husband says, with a wider toe box.
“It’s also a high-intensity training shoe,” for an athlete who strikes the ground with high impact.
“In the middle is the “workout-anywhere shoe,” with the shock-absorbing midsole so he can lift, run, and roll without giving his knees and low back pain.”
12. Nike Women's Running Shoes
- Comfortable and durable
- Non-slip laces
- Firm and supportive outsole
- Nice quality fabric and outer sole
- Nice color combinations
- Shock-absorbing heel
- Light-weight, ideal for running
- Has arch support
- Great for running on your daily route
- Breathable as it has mesh/air vents
- But for the money, they should last more than 3 months.
- Too small. The sizing is off.
Women enjoy running and naturally want their shoes to help them do it comfortably. The Nike Women's Zoom Pegasus 35 running shoes for women is perfect for any running route that you choose. They can be worn for any other sports. You will enjoy these shoes!
The upper is made with a combination of padded nylon and mesh. This gives the shoes a light-weight feel while providing ventilation for your feet. Shock-absorbing is provided via a Nike Zoom Air unit in the heel. There is also foam in the heel for cushioning. There is comfortable mesh in the mid-foot area to help keep your feet fresh.
The Nike Zoom Pegasus 35 shoe is made with a combination of a rubber outsole and a carbon rubber plate. The carbon rubber plate provides you with a more firm grip, which is useful on wet surfaces. You'll really appreciate this when you have to stand on a slippery surface. The rubber outsole also provides you with a firm grip allowing you to move around naturally during your workout or when you are running along your route. The laces of this shoe are non-slip, which makes them even more perfect for workouts.
13. ASICS Men's Conviction X Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Padded insole.
- Responsive sole on the bottom.
- Textured upper.
- Flexible outsole.
- Breathable mesh structure.
- Rubber outsole.
- Tread design could be better.
- A little on the heavy side.
- Some reports of the outsole peeling off.
- The upper is a little uncomfortable.
The Cross Training shoes from ASICS have a really sleek design. They come in a nice red and blue hue which provides a nice contrast to the black and green. The contrasting colors compliment each other well and the laces provide additional style to the shoes.
One of the biggest standouts with this Cross Training shoe is the material that covers the upper. The material is structured and allows your feet to breath. Allowing your feet to breath can make a big difference when it comes to the overall comfort of your shoes.
14. ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 22 Running Shoe
- A great choice for long, endurance runs.
- Lightweight and very comfortable.
- Cushioned midsole…
- Grooved outsole for a better traction.
- The design isn't ideal for training due to a simple upper structure.
- The thin upper and sock-like design is a poor fit for narrow feet or runners who prefer a snug midfoot fit.
This ASICS running shoe is a redesigned version of the popular Kayano model. It is lightweight and very durable. It delivers a great fit and ample responsiveness. The upper is very soft and has a sock-like feel.
The midsole is super cushioned to absorb the ground impacts. The grooves in the outsole provide excellent traction. The design is perfect for long runs. It has a modern look. There are many color options to choose from. They are low and lightweight. Men will feel very comfortable wearing them.
They are specially designed for long distance runners. These Asics shoes are an excellent choice for marathon runners. They come with a very high price tag. But with this price, you get a lightweight running shoe that gives you the performance you would expect.
15. INOV-8 Men's Barefoot Running Minimalist Cross Training Bare-Xf 210 V2 Shoes
- Excellent grip
- Very lightweight
- Slim fit
- Good for travel and everyday use
- Somewhat low arch support
- Strictly for the neutral footed
- Heel may be a bit low for some people
The Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V2 weighs a mere 7 ounces. It is a rather simple looking shoe with a wide toe box, a low heel, and a sock like upper made out of T-web. It is made to support training sessions for the whole body. It employs a flat sole giving a natural running gait. It supports short distance speed-work and other CrossFit moves.
They offer great traction on most surfaces, they won’t slip on wet or dry, the sole is made to enhance the foot movement for greater efficiency and speed. They are great for fast runs and medium intensity training at the gym and they are also great for everyday use. These are a great choice for casual CrossFit gears and fitness enthusiasts who don’t want too much bulk and specialized equipment.
The inov-8 Men’s Bare-XF 210 V2 Cross Training Shoes are ultra lightweight with T-web and X-Lock technologies. They are flexible and highly breathable, ensuring your feet stay cool whether you’re crafting an intense workout or going for a light stroll.
16. adidas Performance Men's Crazypower TR M Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Sturdy, grip-type outsole with thick rubber makes you feel like you’re not moving on a smooth treadmill surface.
- Beveled heel makes it easy to step off the treadmill.
- Supportive upper made of breathable mesh and it has a padded ankle collar. This one isn’t bulky.
- Shoe runs true to size.
- It’s not really a shoe for wider feet. Trim feet should do fine.
- You will need to break these in before you can really use them during an intense workout.
This shoe from Adidas is one of the best shoes for working out on the treadmill, thanks to a shock-absorbing midsole, sturdy outsole, and less bulky design.
Breathable mesh upper and strategically placed mesh inserts and perforations make it comfortable and airy. It’s not the best running shoe out there though. The upper is thicker than what most runners will like.
Overall, you will like this model for its comfort and less bulky design. But it’s not for running. It’s for all kinds of cardio, including deep-water exercise, biking, walking, and lower-impact cardio machines like ellipticals and stair climbers. As you’ll see below, Adidas has a high-performance running shoe that’s made for this, too!
17. Vibram Men's KSO EVO Cross Training Shoe
- The KSO Evo offers a great cross-training experience for modern activities and movements
- The updated Y-shaped outsole pattern offers more support and better ground contact
- The upper is made from a lightweight combination of breathable nylon and synthetic leather
- The KSO Evo feels super light for a potential shoe weighing in at 7.9 oz (women's and men's)
- The midsole offers enough cushioning to keep your feet happy during workouts
- Due to the open-air design of the KSO Evo, you will have to be very wary if your feet sweat regularly per their website
- The upper is very minimal, and the shoes have less durability than a traditional shoe or road-style running shoe
Leave it to Vibram to make what just might be the most comfortable pairs of workout shoes available for men today.
The KSO Evo is one step above the original KSO model. Made from synthetic leather in an open”toe design, it allows a lot of airflow while training. The MTEF footbed offers optimum cushioning and arch support.
The best part about it is that because of the open-air design, they are much more versatile than your average workout shoe. You can pretty much wear them everywhere.
18. Reebok Women's CROSSFIT Nano 8.0 Flexweave Cross Trainer
- Easy to clean up, and should not absorb too much water during the wash.
- The collar is low-cut and provides ample support to your ankles no matter what the exercise.
- The shoe’s upper is also breathable, as well as its cushioned midsole.
- Great for CrossFit-type workouts and even HIIT cardio workouts.
- The outsoles of the shoe provide traction, which is useful during workouts that involve lifting heavy weights.
- The shoe’s upper also features an anti-odor technology that keeps your feet fresh.
- The shoe is not built for running.
- The shoe lacks durability. After some time, the shoe will lose its traction, its support, and its overall feel and function.
- For some, the shoe runs a little small. If your foot is on the broader side, the shoe can feel small.
- The shoe’s traction is especially bad on wet floors.
This women’s CrossFit Nano is one of the most dependable shoes out there. It is made specifically for CrossFit workouts. It provides you with enough support, comfort, and durability that it will allow you to keep going back for more workout routines. It’s especially great for cardio, weightlifting, and HIIT workouts.
Regardless of the intensity of the workout routine you are going through, it’s not a foot that will let you down.
CrossFit is the best workout program on the planet, and with this shoe, you will be able to go through your workouts with more confidence and assurance. You won’t have to worry about your feet giving out on you.
19. NOBULL Women's Training Shoes and Styles
- Ideal for squatting as it offers support for your ankles and midfoot.
- Available in various sizes, styles, and colors.
- Not ideal for heavy lifting as it's more geared towards women who are training for agility and speed.
This training shoe was designed for women who are searching for a natural running shoe that provides comfort and support during HIIT or CrossFit-style training. This shoe is constructed with a flexible outsole and a multi-directional traction so you can tackle devious surface conditions. The NOBULL is packed with breathable mesh and features a crash pad at the heel to make you feel comfortable in just about any environment.
For advanced levels of activity, this sneaker is built with a customized midsole that offers instant reaction and a wide range of motion for agility and speed. It’s designed for women who want a shoe that offers protection from both the outside elements and the inside construction.
As a part of a wider training program, this shoe is ideal for agility drills and speed training. It won’t work well as a lifting shoe, however, so this is not the ideal pick for CrossFit training.
20. adidas Alphabounce+ Parley Running Shoe
- Snug, no-stretch upper fits well
- Good toe box
- Sturdy cushioning prevents feet and ankles from experiencing pain during intense workouts
- Well-designed upper: no hard seams
- Not a good shoe for wide feet
- May have weird rubber smell out of the box that takes a few weeks to go away (just wash the shoes and this will take care of the problem)
When it comes to comfortable, quality training shoes, this pair from Adidas is among the best.
When you wear the shoes, you’ll find that they’re very lightweight and thin. Due to their thinness, the shoes don’t feel bulky and restrict movement in your workout. The shoes are also very flexible. They have a no-stretch design and fit snugly, so they’re perfect for martial arts classes or other workouts that require flexibility in the feet.
The upper of the shoes are also made of breathable mesh material, which helps to regulate your body temperature as you work out. Plus, the shoes have very good arch support and a lot of cushioning that protects the feet and ankles from injury.
21. New Balance Women's Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer
- The treads on outsole are water-repellent.
- The toe-cap provides excellent cushioning.
- It’s lightweight and offers great cushioning.
- There are perforations on the upper side to give it great durability and superb breathability.
- It has a lightweight and versatile design.
- It’s soft and sturdy in construction.
- It offers the wearer with plenty of room for an array of different mobility options.
- It’s ultra-light and comfortable in fit.
- It’s not a good fit for women with high arches.
This cross training shoe from New Balance is the best shoe for women when it comes to cross fit. It’s probably the only one that comes with the features of stability and high durability. Its best features involve a lightweight design, a comfortable fit, as well as a waterproof and breathable mesh upper.
This shoe from New Balance is a cross-training shoe that truly serves its purpose well and will provide you with a comfortable fit and a great performance. It has a flexible and sturdy design that’s durable in nature and guarantees you with a top-notch performance. It’s lightweight and versatile design enables it to serve as the ideal cross-training shoe for women who are involved in workouts like running, power walking, and aerobic exercises.
This shoe is made up of a mesh and synthetic upper material, a rubber sole, as well as a cushioned EVA midsole. This shoe comes with removable micro-fiber inserts, and these inserts also offer a secure fit and enhance breathability. It has a durable and protected outsole that can accommodate a multitude of movements and improves your mobility. This shoe also provides you with great flexibility, making it easy for you to move in all directions.
22. Reebok Women's Flashfilm
- Water-resistant upper (with weather-resistant coating).
- Breathable mesh lining.
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Breathable mesh lining and insole.
- Ultra-lightweight design.
- No-sew overlays.
- Double-strap closure for customized width.
- Low-cut design fits low-top sneakers.
- Weight: 11.4 ounces.
- Can be too tight.
- Only comes in one color scheme.
- Reviewers complain that the back of the shoe does not have much support.
- Reviewers say that the shoe runs small and narrow.
These women's cross-trainer sports shoes from Reebok have a unique design with a stand-apart look that will work well with a variety of casual or athletic looks.
They have a minimalist design, which is a good thing if you're looking for something trendy but also functional. We're a fan of the unique look they bring to the table, and you'll catch lots of people checking you out as you walk the isles of life with a pair of these shoes on your feet.
The footbed is removable to facilitate quick cleaning if you get caught in a rain shower or mud. The upper is made of mesh and durable suede which makes them look sleek, durable, and gives them durability. It has a light rubber lug outsole with a sticky design which also helps the shoe grip the surface it's on.
23. Ryka Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe
- Wide platform makes you feel very stable
- Living room workout shoes
- Great for wide feet
- Extra support for side-to-side stability
- Cushioning in the heel
- Most durable dance shoes out there
- Step lightly on balls of feet when stretching
- Sizing can sometimes be off
- Too much cushioning can get in the way of muscle development
- Not for wide-set, long toes
Ryka has been a great producer of shoes for years with an outstanding reputation in the market. If you are looking for a good workout for your fitness journey, Ryka is the brand to try.
The Ryka Women's Influence Cross Training Shoe is an amazing women's cross training shoe with the features to help you reach your goals. The shoe is designed with a low-to-the ground, wide platform to equip you with the stability you need to perform a wide variety of movements, such as forward lunges or squatting.
They are designed with a cross training grip. Moreover, this shoe boasts of a highly durable TPR outsole which promises you of high traction- even when performing heavy, moderate-weight lifts. The cushioned collar provides additional support and is great for preventing ankle injuries.
24. Under Armour Women's HOVR Phantom Running Shoe
- HOVR midsole technology
- Lace closure with asymmetrical tongue
- Breathable mesh
- UA Unlimited support
- Under Armour’s classic looks
- Solid traction
- Narrow toe box
- Not ideal for running on rougher surfaces
This is the Under Armour HOVR Phantom a very popular hybrid running shoes model. They have a very comfortable and responsive midsole that provides superior comfort and natural motion. These run all day long and feature the HOVR midsole technology.
The upper part is constructed with durable mesh materials that are breathable and eliminate odor. They also include the Under Armour’s classic looks and a feminine design. For a perfect combination of comfort and style, these light and flexible running shoes are very good options.
25. Merrell Women's Vapor Glove 2 Barefoot Trail Running Shoe
- a bit of a minimalist shoe
- Smooth lace closure to secure fit
- True to size
- Waterproof and quick drying
- A little bit too narrow for those of us with wide feet.
This minimalist shoe is a great option for women who enjoy trail running. The shoes are ultra lightweight so you will hardly know you’re wearing them. They are also very soft and comfortable to wear while you’re out on the trail. They’re a bit narrower than some other shoes, so they might not be the best option for those with wide feet.
The traction on the outsole is a solid one, so you can feel confident about your footing when you’re on the trail. This is a bit of a minimalist shoe, so it will give you a more natural feel on the trail, although the minimal padding in the feet and on the tongue make them a bit more fragile than you might like.
They are simple to put on, so they are a great option for people who are short on time. They also are a bit difficult to get off, but not so difficult that they impeded my use of the shoes.
26. Vibram Women's KSO EVO-W
- Has a variety of color options.
- The flexibility of the design is a nice plus.
- Very lightweight footwear.
- Proprietary outsole rubber called Traklite, designed by Vibram.
- made from vegan-friendly synthetic materials
- Great for cross-training exercises.
- Some people didn't like the roughness of the ball-of-foot area.
- Not made for running.
- Some customers felt they were too wide for their size.
- Some customers felt they weren't as wide as advertised
Vibram Women's KSO EVO-W Training Shoe is meant for training and cross-training or light trail running. It has a forefoot rubber toe rand. It's a casual looking shoe, so it won't look too odd if worn with yoga clothes.
The toe box is bigger than the heel of the shoe, so it feels comfortable when you put it on. It has a contoured, slip-resistant rubber sole with a non-marking outsole. The Vibram Trail Meausre rubber used is durable, flexible and provides great traction.
One of the design features is the toe-thong that helps reduce wear and tear on shoes, as well as providing protection from rocks and other debris.
27. Nike Men's Fitness Shoes
- Has a lightweight design with mesh fabric construction.
- Provides good support and stability for CrossFit training.
- Built for moderate movement.
- Rubber traction on the outsole helps to prevent slipping.
- Cost effective price point.
- Feel heavier and clunkier than other models.
- Has a less comfortable fit.
- Other models are more breathable.
- Does not have durable laces.
The Nike Men’s Fitness shoes, at a first glance, look like a the perfect pair of CrossFit shoes for men. They feature many of the attributes that you look for in a shoe.
First, they feature a lightweight and breathable design which will provide comfort for long training days. The combination of mesh fabric and synthetic material provides good air flow and good insulation.
Second, they’re high enough to provide some additional ankle support which is critical for CrossFitters. The outsole is rubber and does a good job at preventing sliding during your workout.
28. Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave Sneaker
- Eco-friendly upper
- Excellent grip and traction
- Wide heel base
- The flexweave lacing system is easy and fast to lace up and get you running
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Great grip for traction
- Cross-trainer style with a running shoe feel
- Exceptional shoe quality
- Reebok is a reputable company that makes quality footwear
- Not ideal for people who want a very firm or stable running shoe
- The level of support could be better
- The heel portion of the shoe feels narrow and could be more comfortable
If you want a running shoe that feels like a cross-trainer, you can’t go wrong with the Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0. It has proven itself with athletes everywhere in daily workouts and races.
This running shoe is well-balanced enough to work with the everyday rigors of a CrossFit regimen. It’s great for training and for running. They’re durable, and they have a flexible feel for wide-ranging movements.
The bottom line: The Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0 shoe is an excellent shoe for everyday use, and it’s built to last and earn your trust over time.
29. adidas Men's Crazytrain Elite M Cross Trainer
- Nice sneaker style.
- Roomy for both training and casual wear.
- Very cushioned.
- Breathable mesh.
- Seams on the upper can rub.
- Can’t go sockless.
- A bit bulky.
The adidas Men’s Crazylight Elite M is a decent all around shoe. It has some flaws and issues but most are extremely common for a multisport CrossFit shoe. It has a roomy toe box, is very supportive (it’s a very cushioned shoe) and has great traction.
The mesh fabric is very breathable and the shoe is actually very lightweight. It fits people with normal to wide feet.
It’s good for:
- Seams on the upper can rub.
- Can’t go sockless.
- A bit bulky.
30. Mizuno Men's TC-01 Cross Trainer
- Breathable mesh upper
- Lightweight design
- High level of comfort
- Substantial rubber studded outsole ideal for gym workouts
- Lightweight with good cushioning
- Looks like standard tennis shoes, not designed for running or walking long distance
- Narrow fit
- No opinions about durability
The Mizuno Break Point 2 Cross Trainers are warm-weather training shoes. These shoes are lightweight and provide a comfortable fit. They have a breathable mesh upper, lightweight midsoles and Outlast® temperature control foam sock liners.
You can use them for a variety of activities from the gym to the beach. They feature an aggressive tread pattern designed to provide traction in the health club, on the bike path or playing sports.
You can also use them for cross training and weight training if you do not want the distractions of clunky running shoes that make it difficult to maintain your form.
31. Under Armour Men's Commit Cross Trainer
- Good for HIIT
- Mid-cut height is reinforced with a molded platform for stability
- Sturdy rubber sole for traction and durability
- Very good price point
- Flows plenty of air
- Moisture-wicking Goretex external bootie
- Heavy for its size
- Laces on this model wear quickly
The Under Armour Men’s Commit is a well-constructed cross trainer that can stand up to hardcore training sessions. It boasts a Goretex” molded external bootie, which keeps the shoe waterproof and breathable. The mid-cuts also feature an internal shank for added support.
The tongue acts as a gaiter, keeping debris out of your shoe. The mid-cuts also have a molded heel counter and cupsole construction, to add to the stability of the shoe. The tread is designed for traction and provides a nice grip, and the mid-cut height is reinforced with a molded platform for stability.
The UPWEAR commando mesh upper design is breathable, provides plenty of airflow, and won’t wear or fade. A molded rubber outsole with Ndurance technology completes the shoe. Overall, this is a very durable yet lightweight cross trainer that’s comfortable for most.
32. Inov-8 Men's F-LITE 275
- Highly flexible and comfortable
- Sturdy and well built
- Great balance of lightweight, cushion, and support
- Great for most any training or exercise
- Generous toe box, excellent for long distance running or high-impact workouts
- Fast drying
- Not good for sports that require a lot of lateral movements
- The laces are a little short
If you are looking for the best trainers for cross training, you should consider this heavily padded shoe from Inov-8. Its lightweight mesh fabric, coupled with a plush, full-length insole make this a comfortable, supportive choice for workouts and other athletic events. Plus, they are just so comfortable to wear.
These shoes are made available in several colors including teal/lime, orange/black, black/white, and black/orange. Choose the color to suit your style preference.
While these shoes are great for hardcore or long distance running, training, and walking as well as high-impact workouts, they’re not the best choice for training in a gym that requires a lot of lateral movements. So, avoid using them for training like crossfit or gymnastics. However, they are perfect for weightlifting and most cardio workouts.
33. Reebok Women's CROSSFIT Grace Tr Cross Trainer
- Can accommodate very wide feet
- Extremely lightweight
- Highly durable
- Comfortable to wear all day
- Good amount of ventilation
- Some reports of a poor smell on some rubber components
- Shoes could use a little more structure
- Leather shoe laces in some sizes of this shoe are built with weak laces that require the use of inexpensive replacement laces
The Reebok women’s CrossFit Grace TR Cross Trainers are designed with a CrossFit workout in mind, but they can certainly be used for other types of workouts. They are designed to accommodate wide-toed feet, and they fit remarkably well.
The Grace TR’s breathable uppers have a durable double layer nylon mesh that allows your feet to breathe, and the wide tongue provides extra comfort and help to keep debris out of your shoes as you work out.
They have a Compression-molded EVA midsole that offers plenty of support and comfort. The midsole is also designed with a ribbed and textured bottom to give you a better stick to the ground beneath you as you work out.
34. Nike Men's Metcon 2
- Very comfortable.
- Good support for high-intensity activities.
- Looks sporty.
- Expandable tongue to accommodate different foot widths.
- The shoe runs a bit small.
- The lacing system is a bit bulky and makes it somewhat difficult to put the shoe on.
Nike Metcon 2 is definitely one of the best CrossFit shoes on the market. It has an aggressive and sporty design and a wide mid-top profile. It looks mainly grey while it has faint hints of white and black. These shoes are made of a high-quality mesh covered with a solid layer of synthetic material. The shoes are secured around the feet with an adjustable buckle.
This pair of shoes is specially designed for CrossFit workouts. They have a drop-in midsole made of a Phylon material that provides the necessary comfort, while the rubber midsole provides the necessary stability. The seamless external lining is flexible and breathable. It offers a close fit and a high level of support.
These shoes are suited for men with narrow feet. If you have wide feet, you may find them too narrow. But you may try to buy a half or full size larger than your usual size. They do have an expandable tongue to accommodate different foot widths.
35. New Balance Men's Minimus 10 V1 Trail Running Shoe
- Lightweight and low-drop
- Wide toe box
- Durable construction
- Variety of height-adjustable options
- Reasonably priced
- Moisture-wicking and breathable
- Excellent grip on trails
- Constructed for trail workouts only
- Laces begin to fray after some time
- Only half sizes are available
The Minimus 10v1 Trail Running shoe from New Balance is a trail shoe designed with comfort in mind. It is constructed with mesh and synthetic materials. They have a breathable upper and an arch that is sturdily wrapped, certainly accommodating most runners. These shoes are specifically designed to be lightweight and very comfortable. They are designed to handle most different kinds of trails.
The upper is made with a combination of synthetic and mesh materials to provide an excellent fit. The shank plate and midsole is designed for strength and durability. These trail running shoes are designed for a more comfortable run on most trails.
They are well constructed of many materials for comfort and durability. They can accommodate the demands of vigorous trail runners.
36. Nike Free Tr 7 Amp Size 8.5 Womens Cross Training Armory Blue/Armory Blue-Thunder Blue Shoes
- Sneakers for women
- Anti-microbial technology to prevent smelly feet
- Breathable mesh upper for durability and comfort
- TPU cage to provide sturdiness and support
- Midsole design to ensure stability, cushioning and comfort
- Rubber outsole for durability and traction
- Shipped with a dust bag
- May feel too narrow or short in length
- Some users feel they didn’t get the same quality as previous purchases
- Some users feel the shoes are too thin
If you are looking for the best women’s cross training shoes for the gym, look no further than these Nike sneakers from the Free Tr 7 Amp line. They have great style, and they are good for everyday wear, so you don’t have to fear about them getting ruined in the rain.
These sneakers are particularly great for women who need something with arch support and ankle support for keeping them stable during their workouts.
They also have a mesh upper, which your feet will appreciate during hot summer months. Breathability is a top priority for many working out in the summer when they’ve been in the gym for a while, and these shoes have that covered.
37. Nike Women's Metcon 2 Ankle-High Fashion Sneaker
- Breathable and flexible
- Lightweight and fit well
- Moderate arch support
- Convenient and supportive shoelace clip
- Nike air is a little less supportive than they should be
- Non-removable insole makes it harder to customize than some competitors
This women’s Nike Metcon 2 is a great choice for the women looking for the perfect CrossFit shoe in 2016.
Firstly, they are extremely lightweight and provide excellent mobility. They are totally appropriate for light to moderate CrossFitter workouts.
They also have a barely there, flat-bottom sole, which provides great flexibility. They are also a great option for athletes doing bodyweight workouts.
38. ASICS Women's Conviction X Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Decent cushioning
- The upper is breathable
- Quick lacing system
- Quality materials and craftsmanship
- Very comfortable
- Vulc soles are perfect for any surface
- Great shoe for both indoor and outdoor use
- Very durable
- The new explosive rubber is long-lasting
By now you know that ASICS makes good quality running shoes, and you can think of this model as one of their high-end pieces. The last time I was writing about the ASICS Gel-Kinsei 5 shoe for men, and I know that women can wear them as well.
However, the Conviction X is a great choice too, and the shoe is very good at what it does.
It has a floating SpEVA midsole foam which gives the shoe a more lightweight feel as compared to other competitors.
39. Nike Women's Flex Supreme Tr 4 Pr Training Shoe
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Decent motion-control capabilities
- Cost-effective option
A high quality shoe for a great price is exactly what this cross-trainer from Nike is. These shoes feature lightweight and flexible quality that allows you to take the shape of your foot and gives you a comfortable, breathable fit.
The rubber soles grip and cushion your feet well, while lace-up closure eases the proceedings and offers a wide range of adjustment. The tongue is well-cushioned and padded, offering even more comfort, and the interior features mesh for breathability.
The upper is made from sock liner material that is evident of it’s name. It enables you to slip into the shoe easily and adds to the comfort and breathability. It’s a small touch, but one that makes you appreciate the attention to detail that this shoe offers.
40. Brooks Women's Revel 3
- Improved elasticity in the uppers provides flexibility
- Fully adjustable lacing system
- Nice added cushioning and additional arch support
The Brooks Women’s Revel 3 Running Shoe is one of the best running shoes for women. The Revel 3 offers you a high level of flexibility and is built for endurance. The Revel is a cross training shoe designed to run, weight lift, perform plyometric and functional movements, climb, go trail running, and even take your dog for a walk. The Revel 3 offers you an articulate foot design and a full length Segmented Crash Pad. It also has a rearfoot propulsion plate. This shoe offers you a comfortable mid-foot fit design and a 10 mm heel offset. The upper is made of breathable mesh, welded stretch mesh, and suede overlays. It offers you a nice lightweight feel that you need for performance. It also offers you a sturdy toe cap to protect your toes from impact during high impact workouts.
There are many great things about the Revel 3. First, it is very flexible and responds well to the multi-directional quick movements of strength training, CrossFit and any high-impact workout. The shoes are built to last. The fit of these sneakers is wonderful and the comfort is great. These shoes are great for a lot of different workouts, and they’re also great for running and for walking. They’re wonderful for short runs, too.
The styling of these cross trainers is great. They’re attractive navy and black with a nice mix of mesh, synthetic leather and suede-like materials. The upper is very stretchy and conforms to the shape of your foot. The shoes fit well in the heel and are structured nicely to support a high-impact workout.
41. Nike Metcon 5 Mens Aq1189-344 Size 7
- Looks great
- Tons of color patterns
- Low price
- Great for all training
For the best basketball shoes for women, the Women’s Nike Metcon 5 running shoes are superb. The dynamic Flywire cables that run along the sides of their feet secure your feet in place. A full-length zoom Air foam cushioning system gives you a responsive ride and a high-energy return.
These cross trainers are as durable as they are functional. With advanced materials and technologies, they will last thousands of miles for both men and women. The mesh air vent design also allows your feet to breathe throughout your workout. The mesh panels are reinforced with synthetic, which helps guard against wear and tear.
The mesh upper makes the Nike Metcon 5 super light. It weighs only 9.6 ounces. This gives you the ability to run full speed without worrying about a shoe slowing you down.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best running shoe 2021?
The best running shoe 2021 is designed for your specific running needs like road running, trail running and so on. It has to fulfill your craving about the cushioning and grip. People also need to find out the weight of the best running shoe 2021 and the most suitable size.
It is important to identify your needs, potential issues, pronation, foot type, arch, gait before choosing the best running shoes.
In finding the best running shoes, you must figure out the key features like comfy cushioning, excellent forefoot cushioning, strong traction, light weight, stability, responsive cushioning, responsive forefoot cushioning, good support, better for over pronation.
To find the best running shoes, you should pay attention to the breathability, waterproof, solid, flexible and comfortable overall design.
The best shoe for running must have the best shock absorption system. You should be confident that the running shoes will give the most comfort while using it, must be snug and fit to your feet, must be light weighted, must be good for the pavement, and must be suitable for wet road.
The best running shoes for women will ensure that these women feel confident and comfortable throughout the run.
If you are looking for a shoe that can provide a great fit, your choices will be much wider.
There are a variety of choices available for you but choose your running shoe only when you are sure that it has all those features and elements which you are looking for.
What are the best shoes for gym workouts?
The best gym shoes are going to be lightweight, have breathable material, and durable. If the gym you go to tends to be chilly, your gym shoes are probably going to have a thicker sole as well.
Perhaps the most remarkable thing about a solid pair of gym shoes is how little the specific brand or model actually matters. It is hard to do a bad job with any of the current gym shoes so long as they are solid. That said, there are many different things that distinguish one shoe from another.
What are the most popular shoes in 2021?
There are many types of athletic shoes, with specific features. Recently popular are the cross trainers, or tennis shoes with running shoes. Also popular are designer fitness shoes, with names from popular clothing manufacturers.
Hoka makes stylish and comfortable running shoes in all sorts of different price ranges. These shoes happen to be terrific for walking or light jogging, while being comfortable for long hours.
They also happen to be extremely popular in CrossFit circles due to their comfort and excellent grip on the oftentimes slippery flooring found in many gyms.
What is the best running shoe on the market?
Asics Men's GEL-DS Trainer 20 Running Shoe are very comfortable to use. And they are also good for running on different surfaces. The feature of these running shoes is, they have GEL cushioning along the elevated heel.
Asics shoes have always been one of my favorites. Asics, a Japanese-based brand has been in the running and walking shoes industry for a very long time. Their shoes always fit well and have proven track record of endurance. A few years ago Asics reinforced their iconic Adrenaline GTS 16 with GEL technology in the heel and it became a huge hit.
Asics Men's GEL-DS Trainer 20 Running Shoes are a great pair of shoes, especially if you want a good running shoe for your low to moderate impact running. These shoes are very comfortable and lightweight.
What I also like about these shoes is that the midsole is responsive, excellent cushioning, and the outsole is well designed. These shoes are also well ventilated by the mesh fabric used in the shoe.
I also enjoy the colors of the shoe and think it is a stylish pair of sneakers, which is not only good for running but could be worn casually as well. During my run wearing these shoes I found them to be comfortable, not too heavy and the cushioning that they have makes my foot not so sore, which is because the cushioning is not that hard.
Converse Men's Chuck Taylor All Star Hi, Core Solid Sneakers, The Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi combines a classic design with the laces and hexalite cushioning that made this famous shoe a favorite of basketball fans and sneakerheads since the early 20th century.
Mens Nike Air Force 1 High, "Forged Leather," Mens Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG 'Midnight Navy', Men's Nike Air Force 1 '07 LV8, ALTAMONT X UNDEFEATED X NIKE SNKRS AIR MAX 1, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Sneaker, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star II, 9m7545, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Ox, Men's Vans ERA 59 Authentic, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Seasonal Colors Hi Sneaker.
New Balance Men's MX608V4 Training Shoe, Men's Nike Air Force 1 High "Gold Pigeon", Men's Vans AUTHENTIC, Men's Vans SEASONAL COLORFUL SKATEBOARD POLO SHIRT, Men's Vans AUTHENTIC SLIP ON SHOE.
New Balance Men's MX608V4 Training Shoe, Men's Nike Air Force 1 High "Gold Pigeon", Men's Vans AUTHENTIC, Men's Vans SEASONAL COLORFUL SKATEBOARD POLO SHIRT, Men's Vans AUTHENTIC SLIP ON SHOE.
Men's Nike Air Force 1 '07 LV8, ALTAMONT X UNDEFEATED X NIKE SNKRS AIR MAX 1, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Sneaker, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star II, 9m7545, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Rubber Ox, Men's Vans ERA 59 Authentic, Men's Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Seasonal Colors Hi Sneaker.
|Reebok Men's Nano 9 Cross Trainer||Best Overall|
|New Balance Women's Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer||Budget Pick|
|Nike Metcon 5 Women's Training Shoee||Upgrade Pick|