Headbands are an easy way to protect your hair when you go to the gym (or do intense exercise).
Also, a good headband that is well-made, such as those listed below, will stay on even when you sweat!
What makes a good headband for gym activities?
Durability: you want a headband that will last a long time. Thickness: thicker material will prevent your hair from getting oily. Size: choose a headband that won’t slip off.
A versatile headband you can wear to the gym or in the office is the Zensah Sport Headband. Zensah is, of course, dedicated to helping athletes keep cool and comfortable on the go. This headband is made of stretchable and high performance fabrics that make this headband a versatile option.
Mentioned below the Zensah Headband is the Manduka Headband. This headband is made of cotton. It is stretchable and comfortable. This headband stays in place. It is easily washable. It is hand made. It is affordable and its style does not hinder your ability to move.
If you want a headband that will stay in place during high intensity exercise, the Puma Skin Headband is one of your best options. You get a headband that is lightweight, fits well, and is made of high quality materials. The headband is very breathable and you will sweat less with it on.
|Turtle Fur Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Bang Band Shaped Headband||Best Overall|
|Halo II Headband Sweatband Pullover||Budget Pick|
|Nike Swoosh Sport Headbands 6pk||Upgrade Pick|
1. Turtle Fur Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Bang Band Shaped Headband
- Colorful and vibrant.
- Thin, no bulk.
- Not slippery on your ears.
- No chemicals.
- Easy to wash and dry quickly.
- Can be worn over or under your hat.
- Good for bald heads.
- Wide enough to protect my ears and wrap around my ponytail if needed.
- Don’t lose.
My favorite headband ever. I have not found any ear band that I like as much as this. Til now. I have worn them for years. Does not slip on ears. Doesn’t pull or cut into head. Doesn’t cause headaches either.
I’ve worn these in a rowing, outdoor, and crossfit rain storm and cold temps and they did not soak through or cause ear pain from being so close to a wet head. I wash them constantly, and they are still like new. Buy some. You won’t regret it.
2. Halo II Headband Sweatband Pullover
- Extremely comfortable & stretchable to fit all sizes.
- Moisture-wicking material is guaranteed to dry quickly.
- Ideal for everyday workouts & extended exercise sessions.
- Keeps sweat from your eyes and prevents irritation and rashes.
- Machine-washable, non-allergenic & non-irritating.
- Comes in different colors and three sizes.
- Comes with a full braids strap for additional comfort, keeping the sweatband secure and the hair in place.
- Be aware that the color Black does not have the strap.
The Halo II Headband is fitted with elastic straps that are designed to accommodate any sized head, which makes it perfect for anyone (including kids). The one-size-fits-all design ensures comfort and durability, while the sweat-absorbing material on the inside will keep you feeling cool, dry and fresh during workouts. The non-slip grips on the band reduce slipping and sliding and releases in the back for added airflow. The Halo II Headband is machine washable and can be worn under helmets, caps, ball caps and helmets. It’s available in black with gray printing, black with pink printing, black with gray and pink printing, black with blonde and blue printing, black with pink and gray printing, black with pink and pink, black with black, black with yellow and purple printing, black with pink and gray, black with pink and pink print, black with blue and gray, black with gray and blue, black with gray and pink.
Bottom Line: Halo’s trademarked SweatBlock Seal channels sweat back and away from your eyes and face, so you can perform at your best, no matter how intense the workout. These headbands stay in place during any activity, from yoga to Tough Mudder.
If you’re like me, you cannot go anywhere without a headband. I can’t stand running without one of these babies. I keep one in my car, in my purse and in my office desk. I’m always looking for the hottest & the most comfortable headband on the market.
3. Sweaty Bands Womens Girls Headband
- There is a line of sweat seeping over the front edge of the headband. This was the main reason why I ordered this one. This sweat line perfectly positioned over my bangs, so I can pull back my hair when I need to.
- The headband covers the ears. The coverage point is natural and doesn't look like I'm wearing a weird helmet headband for women.
- The headband is made of a cotton blend. It is not made of sweat absorbent material, but it's close.
- These headbands are also made with a non slip velvet surface.
- This headband is very fashionable.
- Although I have thick and coarse hair, I was afraid this band wouldn't hold the peak, but it did. The band was tight enough to keep everything in place during my workout.
The band is not stretchy, I wish it had a bit more give. I like to have some slack while I'm exercising. The extra give in the fabric would've made this a great choice for me. But the fit is still good and the non slip bands certainly help.
4. TrailHeads Women’s Ponytail Headband
- Fleece earband warms the ears
- Fits comfortably under a helmet
- Soft, stretchy microfiber material is warm without being bulky
- Ear band has a slight 1 to 1.25" brim
- Genuine. made in the U.S.A.!
- Can be left on the best during the sweatiest workouts
- Fully adjustable, one size fits most makes it best for those of us with a smaller head
- Quick drying material is great in cold weather
- Draw string keeps it snugly in place
- Made with a cute, fun bow to cutely accessorize any outfit
- Some users find that sweat or moisture can cause the trimming to loosen
- The material does not have a patented seam to keep it from fraying.
- For some, the drawstring is uncomfortable
This fleece band is high quality, and very soft, fleece lined band that will keep your head and ears warm while you exercise. It wicks away the sweat and holds in the warmth.
The band is thin enough so that it will not be in the way of your helmet. It has a 1” – 1.25" brim that makes it ideal for wearing under a helmet. You can wear it for cold weather activities as well as for outdoor workouts.
5. French Fitness Revolution Mens Headband
- Versatile headband fits any type of workout
- Made from comfortable material
- Can be worn under a helmet or on its own
- Cost effective
- Lightweight & breathable
- For those with a clip-on rotation cap, it is hard to snag the back of your cap when you wear one of these
- Great for any type of sweaty activity, including cycling, hiking, backpacking, weight-lifting, running, yoga, crossfit, climbing, rowing, pilates and any high-intensity sport
- If you have thick, long hair and struggle to keep your hair out of your eyes, this headband will solve your dilemma!
Comfortable & No Sweatband.
Although most people say that they are breathable, a few have complained that their heads get hot. It all depends on each person’s unique body chemistry, so experiment with how you wear it.
This is also great for women. And for those with long hair, it doesn’t snag like regular bands.
6. adidas Interval Slim Headband
- 2 pack
- Great for any routine
- Fits great
- Quality product
Adidas offers a great pack of workout bands for a good price. These are a definite winner. They are super comfortable and while I’m working out, I don’t even know that I have them on. I don’t feel like they are stretching or about to fall off. They work well and keep my hair back which is awesome. I don’t have to constantly run my hand through my hair during an hour workout. I just leave these in place and that’s it.
These bands do a really great job at keeping my hair out of my face while I’m exercising. The band is not only comfortable, but a great slim look with my hair pulled back away from my face. These are soft and comfy on my head. They even feel good as I am running outside in the wind. I can feel confident with less hair in my face while these bands keep my hair out of my face.
And the price is great too. You really do get a great quality product with a fantastic price. I don’t like to spend a ton on workout gear because I’m not a fanatic, I’m just working out to stay healthy. These are great for anyone. I’m so happy that I found these and I would definitely recommend them to others.
7. 2in1 Headband & Face Mask
- Made from fabric and elastic to mark and not break your hair, sweat and water off your face
- Moisture wicking
- Machine washable
- Perfect for running, biking, yoga, pilates, hiking, gym workouts, crossfit, cross training and much more.
- Offers UV protection
To Keep Hair in Place and Sweat Off the Face, Best for Run, Crossfit, Yoga, Cycling and Any Sport or Outdoors Workout, Black.
The best-selling 2in1 Headband & Face Mask is a great option for anyone looking for something light-weight yet durable. This headband and face mask combo is perfect for varying levels of exercise and offers protection from weather or sweat.
The face mask portion comes in handy for those “all over” workouts or after you have been sick and need protection to keep germs away while exercising. The headband and face pieces are both made from 100% polyester material and are velour lined for comfort. It features a soft elastic spandex band that doesn’t stretch out and is fashionable and cute.
8. Pearl Izumi
- Stays in place throughout exercise
- Keeps sweat out of eyes.
- Easy to wash.
- Great brand.
- This favorite sports headband is made of a soft, absorbent, wicking material that’s also breathable.
You can hand or machine wash it and it will dry quickly. It fits on your head snugly, but it will not hurt your ears like some other tight-fitting headbands. It also never rides up. You can wear it during your sweaty workouts or when you run outside. It will not fall off. That's why this popular headband is one of the best workout headbands for athletes to wear.
The headband comes in two different sizes and has a rubber gripping patch on the back of it so it will not move around on your head. It’s quiet, breathable, and it’s moisture defending abilities. This is truly one of the best budget running headbands to buy. You’ll be happy with it.
9. Nike Swoosh Sport Headbands 6pk
- Variety of color options
- Great to use in a pinch when you’re out of headbands
- Might be too thin for some people
- Might be too thick for some people
This little 3-pack of headbands from Nike is a great backup for when you are out of your favorite workout headbands. It’s a great way to add a little variety to your workout game, because it’s going to be super useful as workouts and sweaty hair get the best of you.
They stretch well, and they’re very convenient. They also dry quickly in case you miss and they get a little muddy during an intense workout.
The best workout headbands are comfortable and durable, but there are some other factors that you should consider when you’re looking for the best workout headbands for your CrossFit gym bag.
10. ASICS Thermopolis Lite 2-n-1 Headwarmer
- Wonderfully versatile
- Excellent fit and feel
- Three different ways to wear, depending on weather conditions and your workout
- The headband is made of high-performance fabric to keep you comfortable during your workout
- The hat is made of a soft material to keep you warm on chilly days
- Awesome design
If you’ve ever had a runny nose, a sweat patch or just an uncomfortable workout, you’ll love this high quality headband from ASICS. It’s made of high-performance fabric that clings to you but controls your sweat and keeps you cool. It’s also very soft and comfortable so you can focus on your workout.
The Thermopolis Headband is not only great for running and working out, but it’s versatile, too. It comes with a cool black hat so when you need a little warmth, you can put it on. It’s very light and thin and it fits securely under your hat.
The headband has awesome Pro-Fit technology so it keeps staying in place. One size fits all, so if you’re a man or a woman, and you have really long or really short hair, it will still fit comfortably. The hat that’s attached to the headband will easily fit under a helmet, too.
11. JUNK Brands Big Bang Lite Headbands
- Washes well, always looks and feels new.
- Has a clip for when you want to pull it off your head.
- Perfect for any kind of workout.
- Cute colors and brightens your day.
- Washable and also comes with a bag to store it in.
- Nice and stretchy and not tight.
- Reflective and helps keep the sweat off your forehead.
- Fits all sizes and shapes of heads as the band is very stretchy.
- Can be worn under a hat or helmet so you do not ruin your hair.
- Hair friendly: no frizz, no static.
These headbands are amazing. They are super adorable, not too tight and actually work. I am able to wear them under my hat or workout hat and keep my bangs off my face and my neck. I love these. They wash well, they stay soft and smooth after many washes and they stay in place. I normally hate headbands but the JUNK Brands have made a customer for life. I love them.
12. Under Armour Women's Mini Headbands
- 1.8" in width
- Assorted colors for attractive designing
- Elastic: 83% nylon; 17% spandex.
- May get dirty easily.
- If you are looking for the best workout headbands that will fit in your glasses as well, Under Armour Women's Mini Headbands may be a good option for you.
They are about the right size for any type of glasses. Also, it has a small profile for when you need to look cool while you go to the gym. With these headbands, your workout should be comfortable and fashionable.
It is easy to put it on and take off, you don’t need to use your hands. You can adjust it to fit your head comfortably. Moreover, it is lightweight, so it will not add much weight to your hair.
In addition, it is moisture-wicking and quick drying. Also, the elastic material has an excellent durability. Also, you don’t need to worry about this headband fading out.
13. Columbia Men's Fast Trek Headring
- Wicking technology helps absorb moisture
- Lightweight construction
- Available in a ton of different colors and patterns
- Affordably priced
- Thin enough to be washed and dried in a ndler
- Great for a variety of sports and activities
- Especially ideal for runners and hikers.
- Not great if you have an exceptionally large head
- Not super stretchy, so stay away if you have a very big or very small head
- Many find it is big for their head
This headband is designed for a wide range of outdoor and indoor activities including running, yoga, CrossFit, weightlifting, cycling, skiing and hiking. It is made of a microfiber terry cloth material and wicks perspiration away from your head and face. It is machine washable and dryable, so it is a great choice when you are on the go and it is easy to maintain.
The Columbia headband is available in several trendy patterns and comes at an affordable price. Many owners of this gym headband say that it has held up to washings and use and still looks exactly like new!
Bottom line: The Columbia Men’s Fast Trek Headband is a great choice for men who are looking for an inexpensive, functional headband that can be worn for many different activities.
14. Women's Nike Therma Running Headband
- Adjustable performance headband
- Breathable fabric
- Breathes well while staying in place
- Separates sweat for quick evaporation
- UV protection to keep you cool and protected from the sun
- Stylish and simple design
Cold Black/White One Size.
This Nike headband is more like a piece of clothing than other headbands. It’s extremely comfortable and will keep you cool and dry during your run. It’s high-quality materials help to wick sweat away from your face and prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes.
The tapered edge style of the headband makes it’s easy to regulate the amount of pressure on your head. This also provides a nice amount of UV coverage that will protect you from UV rays and give you the confidence to run outdoors.
15. Buff Headband
- Unisex design for fitness and gym wear
- Great for women who wear ponytails while working out (won’t move when sweaty)
- Includes a loop for holding a small towel for wiping sweat
- Clothes-friendly material
- One size fits all
- Sweat can get trapped in the headband and cause it to smell
- Less than 10 colors available (mostly neutral)
- Only has a 90-day warranty
This is one of the most popular brands for running and fitness enthusiasts. The Buff headband is incredibly versatile and convenient to use for both men and women. It is designed to keep sweat out of your eyes and allows you to wipe away any sweat before it gets in your eyes.
The material is thin and soft, and it is made of a fabric that will stand up to repeated washing. It does not get stretched out or lose its shape, and the one-size-fits-all design makes it easy to use without a fuss.
Bottom line: The Buff headband is one of the best accessories to invest in for people who engage in hot yoga classes. It is popular for everyday wear as well, and a must-have for runners who want to keep sweat out of their eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best headbands for working out?
Headbands are a great essential accessory for anyone who works out. They help keep sweat, hair, and other things out of your face and they keep your eyes better protected. That said, not all headbands are alike. Some are meant to look good and are more of a fashion piece. These types of headbands are not really useful for working out.
A lot of people still wear headbands from high school or college. Unless you are still at the same weight you were in high school, you probably need to buy new headbands for working out. There are pretty cheap and they are a great way to keep yourself from dreading that next workout.
Do hair sweat bands work?
Can they help with your workouts?
Although the persistent myth states that having long hair enables an individual to have better workout performance, a study by the University of Central Florida just disproved that claim (Cunningham, 1996). The approach taken by the researcher was to work with females — along with research assistants, of course — who would be involved in several workout sessions. The females in the study had long hair that hung to the middle of their backs and maintained buns, with long hair in the buns. During each specific workout session the women's hair would either be tied back and secured in the bun, or let loose.
The conclusion of the study was that long hair does not have any effect on a person's workout performance (Cunningham, 1996).
Now, if you are in a workout and you want hair out of your face — which I understand, especially if you are doing burpees — there are hair sweat bands that you can use. These hair sweat bands can go over your ears, around your forehead, under your hair, on top of your head or on your neck. They come in all kinds of colors and patterns that you should be able to find one, if not more, that suits your tastes.
One thing to keep in mind: Don't use hair sweat bands that are tied together. These hair sweat bands could hit you or get tangled under a machine you may be using. Untie hair sweat bands before each use.
What should I wear on my head while working out?
Whether you sweat a lot or just don't like the feel of wet hair against your skin a workout headband will keep it off your face and neck.
Cooling headbands, such as a hydrophobic material that also helps reduce sweat, will keep your head higher than your body temperature. Breathable material allows you to keep your head cooler and dryer.
If you want more compression, look for an adjustable, elastic headband. These are excellent for workouts that involve lifting because they don't slide off your head.
What about hats? Certain types of hats, like neoprene hats, can be worn for workouts. Just make sure to choose a hat that is comfortable if you are going to wear it, or you may be distracted by the sensation of the hat while you are working out.
How do I keep my sports headband from slipping?
Know the type and color of your hair. Try to choose a headband that fits snugly but isn’t tight. You don’t want to give yourself a headache. Pull your hair back from your face. It will help keep sweat and hair from sticking to your face. Choose a headband made of a moisture-wicking material. Cotton buffs moisture away from your face. Keep your headband clean. A clean headband will last longer and have greater germ-fighting properties. Protect your hair with hair care products like conditioning serums and hair fibers. These products will help keep your hair and scalp moisturized even while you work out.
Our Opinion: don’t worry about it!
If you’re sweaty or your hair is wet, the elastic band is going to slip. It’s not a big deal. It’s relatively inexpensive to replace if someone tears it or the elastic wears out. We like the classic black and yellow. You can find them here.
There isn't a workout out there that doesn't get better with a headband. In fact, maybe they should call them workout savers.
Workout headbands are perfect for everything from workouts to yoga, running, biking, grocery shopping, and running to the corner store. There isn't anything that can't be improved with the right headband.
So we decided to put together our list of the best workout headbands for girls. Get excited because there are some awesome options on the market right now.
In fact, there's something for everyone.
All of the headbands in this list are made from the softest, sweat resistant fabric and include features that make them ideal for every workout – from yoga to pilates, running to gym classes, gym work and everything in between.
There's no shortage of runners on Instagram or even on the streets wearing their headbands in style. It's a timeless piece of equipment for athletes of all kinds, but there's more to it than fashion.
Running with a headband is the perfect way to increase resistance.
What does that mean?
Well if you like to wear earbuds while you run, the headband will prevent the earbuds from constantly falling out of your ears.
And that's not the only benefit.
When you wear a headband, it adds a ton of resistance to your workout.
But, you won't be wearing a headband just to look cute.
That's exactly what makes these the best workout headbands for girls.
Because we all know that more resistance = more calories burned.
And, believe us, that counts when you are shaving off seconds in a 5K or minutes in a marathon.
But if you're brand new to running, you might think that adding more resistance doesn't make sense, but that's okay.
In fact, you might even be wondering what I'm talking about.
Don't worry – I'll explain it all in a minute.
First, let's talk about the different types of exercise headbands.
|Turtle Fur Chelonia 150 Classic Fleece Bang Band Shaped Headband||Best Overall|
|Halo II Headband Sweatband Pullover||Budget Pick|
|Nike Swoosh Sport Headbands 6pk||Upgrade Pick|