What is perhaps most useful about this video is that the presenter has a go at using all of the headphones, not just some of them. This shows that not only is he clear and humble of what he doesn’t know, but that he has tried a wide variety of different headphone types.
Without further ado, we have also listed below the 21 best headphones in order of overall quality and customer feedback. Happy listening.
|Apple AirPods||Best Overall|
|ROVKING Wired Over Ear Sport Earbuds||Budget Pick|
|Bose SoundSport Free||Upgrade Pick|
1. Apple AirPods
- Great Battery life (24 hours)
- Android friendly
- Compact design
- Wireless & sweatproof design
- Noise isolation
- Water resistant
- Short 19-hour battery life
- No Wireless Charging
- More expensive than the Jaybird X3
- You have to take them in out of your ears to access Siri.
Have you tried the Apple Airpods with charging case? AirPods are great for all-day use, wireless as hell, and have a solid 24-hour battery life. They are often more forgiving and comfortable to use when exercising than in-ear headphones. They are not as tough as other headsets, and they don’t keep the ear canal tightly sealed, but that’s why the price has dropped from 220 to 170.
2. AfterShokz Air Open-Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones
- Comfortable open ear design
- Solid Bluetooth connectivity
- Low bass for the price
- Really great app with useful features
- Deep, rich sound
- Wind noise rejection is excellent
- Great battery life of 12 hours
- Well built with a strong flat cable
- Fun to wear!
- On/off switch is a little hard to use.
- Workout features are a little weird
- Sound could be louder
The reflective strips make night runs safe, and the open ear design for the people around you. The AfterShokz headphones are popular, very well designed to work out, and perform well for the money. The AfterShokz are a solid choice with great sound quality, a comfortable fit and a nice mid-range sound to them.
3. ONE Day Sale!
- Battery lasts for several hours
- Adjustable headband
- Ear hook design prevents strand tangles
- No wall charging cable included
- Smaller earbuds might irritate some users
Audio for Calls and Music!
These green headphones aren’t as flashy as others on this list but the quality is there and, for the price, the construction is very rugged and strong. The sound is crisp and the headset has a built-in microphone for talking on the phone.
The device works in two different modes. If you want to listen to music and take a call, connect it to your phone with Bluetooth. If you want to work out, just use the 3.5mm plug and workout. In either case you can pause, skip and select an app.
4. Sennheiser HD 4.40 Around Ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- Great sound quality and noise isolation
- Sweatproof and sturdy
- Good looking headphones
- Battery life can last one or more years
- Easy to pair with other devices
- Audio voice prompts
- Fast charging when charging time is less than an hour
- Hard to find replacement parts
- Battery drains very quickly when using ANC
- Not a lot of ANC features
- Earbud cushioning is not very comfortable when laying on your ear like others
- Less Bass and More Treble
These headphones are very popular and for good reason. The customer reviews on Amazon are extremely positive. These are trusted headphones with a lot of audio and tech to make your workout better and your life more enjoyable.
Bottom line: With cushioned ear cushions that rest comfortably on your ears and an over-ear design for extra stability, these headphones are perfect for any workout. The hooks over the top of your ear stay on securely and make sure that the earbuds stay on.
5. Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
- Intense bass levels
- Sweat-resistant and sturdy build
- Extra long cord
- 15 hour battery life
One of the best work out headphones out there is this pair from Skullcandy. The price has been reduced drastically, which is awesome for people who are on a budget.
The Skullcandy Crusher headphones have Built-in amplifier and mic, which is unthinkable in a pair of headphones this inexpensive. It is a great workout buddy, hardly disappointing you with any kind of sound reproduction. The bass levels are Intense, and listening to songs while running or exercising provides a soothing experience.
The earbuds are sweat-resistant and sturdy, so you don’t have to worry about them breaking down while you exercise. A thoughtfully long cord allows you to exercise while listening to your favorite music.
6. Bose SoundSport
- Waterproof, sweatproof, and perfect for workouts
- Longer battery life than other models
- Brighter, more dynamic colors fit more design styles
- Collapsible cable design simplifies storage and makes the headphones more portable
- Some users found them to be too large
- Doesn’t come with any added accessories, like a carrying case
- Fewer ear tip choices
This is one of the most popular workout headphones out there, and it’s easy to see why. It’s one of the best workout headphones out there, and it’s easy to see why.
Even as Bluetooth earbuds have become more common, the Bose SoundSport remains popular with runners and others who have an active lifestyle. It is hands-down the best workout headphones for people who are on the move.
This is a newer version of the SoundSport wireless. Like its predecessor, the SoundSport wireless has a breathable design that enables you to wear it while running without it feeling too heavy, too hot, or getting in the way.
7. Anker Soundbuds Curve Wireless Headphones
- Very good sound quality for the price.
- Good battery life. IPX7 waterproof rating.
- Good range/Bluetooth.
- Dustproof / Sweat protective / Fully wireless.
- NFC. Very comfortable.
- Considerable good looks.
- Build quality could be better.
- See-through pouch is not good.
Travel. (Black, Large)
Anker Soundbuds Curve are definitely one of the best waterproof wireless headphones in the market.
Anker Soundbuds Curve has been packaged in a black cardboard box. On the front, there is an explanation that it is IPX7 waterproof. On the back, there is a short explanation on the controls. The bottom of the box has the specifications. Inside the box, you will find the earbuds and the carrying pouch. The pouch is see-through.
8. Bose SoundSport Free
- Excellent sound quality
- Noise canceling technology
- Great battery life
- Easy pairing
- The cord is pretty long
- Can fall out occasionally
The Bose SoundSport Free is a true wireless earbuds set of earbuds which can be used for everyday wireless listening or while running, working and more. These earbuds feature StayHear+ Sport tips which are custom-fit and ergonomically designed for a secure and comfortable fit.
These earbuds have powerful acoustic technology which produces clear sounds and reduces ambient sounds.
The SoundSport Free has long battery life of up to 5 hours. They also come with a charging case which can provide one extra extra hour of listening.
9. Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds
- Perfect fit
- Great sound
- Great battery life
- Phone App support
- Secure Fit
- Easy to use
- Comfortable, secure fit
- Great sound
- Bluetooth and WIFI capability
- Lack of bass
- Small, somewhat fragile construction
The Jabra Elite Active 65t is a QI wireless pair of earbuds, with a compact charging case. They feature noise isolating technology with a secure fit for working out or just listening to music while commuting or walking.
They are IP55-rated for water resistance and allow you to listen to music or audiobooks, plus talk on the phone hands-free, all while getting in a good sweat session in any weather.
These earbuds come with both a standard charging cable and an AC adapter for charging quickly on your desk. It takes 1.5 hours for full charge. Use for 4 hours with noise cancellation, and two more with ambient sound enabled.
10. SENSO Bluetooth Headphones
SilverFox Bluetooth Earbuds Bluetooth Headset Stereo earbuds HD Stereo Sound 4.1 Sweatproof Sport Mini Earphone for Gym Running Sports…
Sweatproof Technology:The waterproof function can prevent sweat, snow, water, and dust from penetrating the headset.
Multi-pairing Wireless: Allows the earbud to connect to two Bluetooth source devices simultaneously.
11. ROVKING Wired Over Ear Sport Earbuds
- Great for iPhone, iPod, iTouch, iPad, Samsung Galaxy phones, Kindle
- Superior highs and deep bass for all music genres
- Clear balanced sound with full range (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- The bass might be too loud for some and the treble might seem too quiet.
- If you desire more bass- you might want to add a bass booster to the mix.
Noise isolating for high quality sound and smooth bass.
Very comfortable for long use, the earbuds have 42mm drivers and soft ear cushions to provide you a comfortable fit for sports and other activities.
Ear hooks to prevent the headphones from bouncing or falling out.
12. Phaiser BHS-530 Bluetooth Headphones
Convenient and comfortable: The controls are right on the earbuds so you can easily adjust volume, pause your music, and take/end calls without reaching for your phone. Contentious motion-sensing earpiece design allows you to control your music and seamlessly take calls without touching your phone.
Deep bass and powerful sound: Phaiser BHS-530 wireless headphones can handle a variety of music genres, from jazz to EDM. With a flared bass port, they deliver deep, resonating lows with every beat.
Sweat-, water-, and damage-resistant: Built with sweatproof nano-coating, IPX5 waterproof protection, and a sturdy design, they can stand up to your toughest workouts and withstand the demands of everyday use.
13. Jaybird X4 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
If you’re looking to bump your music while working out or running outdoors, the Jaybird X4 are a great option to consider. These headphones will help you get through your fitness routine thanks to the secure fit and the high sound quality.
These Jaybird X4 headphones have an inline microphone that allows you to control your tunes and phone calls without even having to take your phone out of your bag. The sound is also surprisingly good, which is why many people choose this as their favorite pair of headphones.
14. SOUL Electronics X-TRA Performance Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
- Amazing sound quality.
- Good bass.
- Great battery life.
- Folds down flat.
- Comfortable even after hours of use.
- Affordable price.
- Extra soft cushion for extra comfort.
- Ideal for gym, office or home use.
- Unlike some other headphones there’s no microphone to take calls and a button to play or pause your music.
- SOUL Electronics wireless headphones have been getting some great reviews.
- These are for people who don’t like to be tied down to wires and prefer to have some flexibility in the way they listen to their music.
Most of the high-end headphones for gym use tend to be bulky and not the most comfortable to wear for long periods. There’s a lot less chance of that happening with these headphones.
You can even fold them down flat so they are easy to store away in your gym bag or even your pocket.
They’re very lightweight and as mentioned the headphones include a very soft cushion for extra comfort. There’s also an ergonomic earcup to prevent sweating.
15. Optoma NuForce BE Sport4 Premium Wireless Sport earphones
- Long battery life, aptX® and aptX® for mobile music sources.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Decent sound and quality.
- No water resistant rating.
We’re currently looking at the third generation of the BE Sport earphones. The newer series has a better signal range and is more durable than the previous. It also has a longer lasting battery and better materials.
If you’re looking for some good earphones that you can wear to any workout, these are a very solid choice.
Now, just because it’s a bit expensive doesn’t mean they’re not any good. They’re not without flaws, but for the price, they’re a good buy.
16. USB to HDMI Adapter
Wide Compatibility: Work with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X (Mountain Lion) 10.6-10.11. Compatible to All PC/laptop with…
Others: please put your PC/laptop to the latest Windows and Mac OS system
Plug and Play: No extra power supply or driver needed.
17. Bluetooth Headphones
- Long battery life
- Comes with a USB cable for charging
- Sounds great, like high-end buds
- Very stable and comfortable
- Fits a wide variety of ear sizes
- Best workout headphones with mic
- Takes two hours to charge
- May have some connection issues
4dB at Mid and 15dB at Low (IOS Phone).
These are the best headphones to wear while exercising to listen to music or to use while you listen to a podcast, audiobook, or radio.
They are very comfortable to wear while you are working out, never slip out of your ear canals, and are always stable in your ears.
18. Bluetooth Headphones WRZ S8 Wireless Earbuds Magnetic Mic Sport Running Workout Gym Travelling 10 Hours Playtime Waterproof Earphones
- Great sound quality.
- Some models have magnetic earbud tips.
- Earbud tips are of different sizes to fit all ear sizes.
- Secure fit and no more worries about the earbuds falling off.
- Easy to use controls.
- The fit of the earbuds is a little tight for some people.
- Others have reported wireless connectivity issues.
- The battery life has been a problem for some people.
These headphones are known for their great bass. They are noise isolating so that you get to enjoy your music as you workout. They also do a great job of canceling out noise.
The size of the earbuds will fit comfortably in the ears of most people. They provide a secure fit for working out. They are available in a wide variety of colors to suit your style tastes.
They have been designed to fit most of the ear sizes. Some models are backed with extra soft memory foam cushions to ensure that they keep the earbuds in place all the time.
19. BlueAnt – Pump Soul On Ear Wireless HD Headphones
- BlueAnt’s Monster Sound Technology, and 3-in-1 microphone system, allows you to be truly free to move
- Lightweight and compact, featuring a 20 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response, along with superb sound isolation
- Flexible headband, precise fit
- Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR, and aptX
- Built-in microphone, that enables high definition voice for your iPhone or Android phone
- 8 hours of play / charge time
- Sound quality is good, but could be better
- Slightly bulky, and heavier than other wireless headphones in this price range
- Short warranty period
The BlueAnt Pump Soul is a different kind of wireless headphones, they look like a premium pair of sports headphones, but sound like a top-of-the-line general use wireless headphone. BlueAnt claims the Pump Soul headphones provide “Monster Sound Quality”, and after listening to them on different devices, I wholeheartedly agree with that.
The sound is quite pleasant, not too bass-heavy, and perfect for all musical genres and voice. The bass range is not booming and muddy, but is clear and crisp.
20. Koss KSC32M Fitclips Headphones
- Great sound quality
- Cushioned ear pads
- Stretchy headband
- Cord has clip to keep cord from getting tangled
- Soft, velvet-like earpads are comfortable to wear
May not be a tight enough fit for some. If you have a small head, they may not stay on while you exercise.
The Koss FitClips are a nice, inexpensive alternative to the high end brands like Bose, Beats, etc. Not only are they affordable, they sound great, they are comfortable, and they are extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear.
The cushioned ear pads are very soft and the stretchy headband will fit just about any size head.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which headphones are best for working out?
Because tough, sweat and moisture resistant materials are used to manufacture the JLab Audio Epic Truly Wireless Sport earbuds, theyï¿¥re an ideal choice for use during exercise sessions.
Noise isolation is enhanced by an enhanced fit, and a choice of three ear fit tips enables the listener to find a comfortable and quiet listening experience.
For safety during workouts and jogs, the earbuds have an efficient in-ear design and include a 3-button remote with mic for smart phones.
Great for the regular gym goer and the power user who wants to go big on their outer ear training.
What are the best earbuds for 2020?
Crossfitters usually like in-ear earbuds or earphones because they are small and usually they are cheaper than over-the ear headphones. Most of them are sweat/waterproof and their size makes it easier to take them to the gym with you. Comfort is also a big thing when choosing earbuds and In Ear Headphones. You want them to stay out of your way and you want them to feel comfortable when you are exercising hard.
Are over ear headphones good for working out?
The right workout headphones can keep you motivated when you hit the gym. Music is known to have a positive impact on physical (sports) performance. It distracts your mind from feeling of fatigue and discomfort, raises your energy levels and tells your body that it is ready to move further.
A comfortable, secure wearing style and sweat proof, durable design is a must for gym headphones. Apart from the right fit you should consider good sound quality and comfort. A quality pair of gym headphones will generally last for many years.
What are the best sounding earbuds on the market?
If you're looking for something cheaper than the Bose set we recommend above, we think Sony's XB40s are really the best sounding wireless earbuds you can buy. They're priced at a much more reasonable premium than the Sonys, and feature much bigger sound drivers that sound just as good, with bass that really kicks. They also look great, feel comfortable, and generally sound better than Jaybird's signature sport Bluetooth earbuds. Although, those do have better battery life, but the XB40s sound much better. If you're looking for the best wireless earbuds out there today, these are the ones you should buy.
The market for sports and activity headphones is growing rapidly, due to the fact that more and more people use headphones to listen to their favorite podcasts, audiobooks, music, and more. This makes it harder to find the right pair of headphones made specifically for sports, but also for your needs.
|Apple AirPods||Best Overall|
|ROVKING Wired Over Ear Sport Earbuds||Budget Pick|
|Bose SoundSport Free||Upgrade Pick|