Prepping for your first long run? Or just need some new spandex?
Invest in some running tights and see how much you'll kick your own ass.
I've discovered that many new runners neglect the fat-burning qualities of running tights, opting for the 'gotta keep it cool and comfortable' attitude.
However, there's a market for running tights that's only getting bigger, as people realize that warm legs means a warm torso, which helps them run longer and harder.
On a winter day, running tights are one of the best ways to keep the chill off, while allowing the runner to participate in an activity that gets their blood pumping and their heart pounding.
1. TSLA Men's Windproof Cycling Thermal Fleece Winter Pants Running Hiking Cold Active Bottoms Sweats
- Free size available for best fit.
- Very breathable to ensure comfort in all year.
- Upper pants design with elastic cuffs.
- Double side pocket for the phone, watch or chapstick.
- Two side pockets with zippers.
- Reflective tape at the end of the legs for night safety.
- With elastic waist for better fit and comfort.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Lite and thin material. Needs some upgrading.
- When you have to squat, the pants are somewhat long.
This sleek and comfy pair of pants is designed for sports enthusiasts who want to enjoy their workout in the cold weather. Made from lightweight, breathable, and quick-drying fabric, these pants keep you warm and dry even when you sweat.
In addition to the pockets for your phone, satellite trackers and chapstick, the pants also have reflective tape at the bottom to help keep you safe. Made of high-quality material, these pants never rip or tear and have lasted well for years and years.
They are also available in three colors: black, grey and khaki. By that way, you can choose the style that best fits you.
2. 4ucycling Mens Fleeced Windstopper Cycling Pants
- There are a lot of colors to choose from and all of them are very pretty.
- Soft and comfortable. Breathable material.
- There is enough space for a pair of warm tights underneath to add more warmth.
- Fits pretty well, not too loose or tight.
- The windproof built-in leggings fit securely and reliably, and the length is also decent for tights.
- It is good quality, and I would recommend it.
- Does the job, blocks the wind, and air flow is good enough.
- Size is not so perfect, If you have a bigger calf I would expect some wrinkles, so you might want to get a bigger size.
This pair of windproof leggings is very thin and comfortable to be worn outside. This would definitely be useful if you are out for a long time on a winter day and want to help yourself keep warm.
The material is very thin and soft, not stiff at all. It feels very smooth so you would not get static when putting these on.
These leggings might be a little small for large framed men; however, they are great for women and those who wear skinny jeans. You can wear them with several layers underneath, and it will not appear too bulky. The length is decent for leggings, just below the knee.
3. Under Armour Women's ColdGear Authentic Leggings
- Very soft and cozy
- Keeps legs warm and snow-free (compared to bare legs)
- No storage bag, but the legs are not so bulky that I can't shove it in a gym bag
- Very flattering and flattering
- Run a little small (got them in medium, I am a size 6-8 and they fit very well)
- On the pricier side
The Under Armour ColdGear Authentic Leggings are a pair of super-warm tights that will keep you cozy even in the freezing cold. These are not your average windbreaker tights; these are meant to keep you warm when it’s -10 degrees outside.
They keep me warm, toasty and comfortable during my cold or windy morning runs. The tights are super-snug against the skin with little to no loose fabric, but they have the perfect amount of stretch. I like that the tights rise high enough to cover my lower back and they fit just right in the calves.
They are not able to fit over my calf-high boots, but I like that they reach above my ankle for extra warm and support, and I can still wear my running shoes with the tights. I ordered a medium and they are a little big, but I can live with it.
4. BALEAF Women's Thermal Fleece Running Pants Cycling Tights Cold Weather Leggings
- Suitable for training and outdoor activities.
- Adoption of high-quality fabric, soft and comfortable.
- Powerful windproof performance, breath ability, and ultra comfort.
- There is a pocket on the left thigh which you can hold keys,phone….
- It’s a three-dimensional knitting, no pilling, no ripping, sturdy and durable.
- Made from lightweight, soft, and water-resistant fleece, with innovative knitting patterns that act like air particles to whisk away moisture from your body, keeping you warmer without weighing you down.
- Two way zipper, convenient for you to take off .
I live in the northwest so I need warm exercise clothing year round. These are very warm and fit true to the size. I would only order another color option if the grey is still available because I much prefer grey to neon. It is a solid and warm pant. I am so glad that I purchased it.
5. BALEAF Men's Tapered Athletic Running Pants Joggers Lounge Workout Sweatpants
- Super comfortable design
- Ultra-thin and lightweight
- Comfortable to wear all day
- Breathable material
If you’re looking for the warmest winter running tights, this pair from Baleaf provides one of the best options. The company is from Korea and offers products that are designed to enhance total performance. This is a high-tech winter running tight that provides moisture wicking for maximum breathablity. It is one of the best tights for running activities because it’s designed for quick movement with a four-way-stretchable material and a slim fit.
This product also uses Teflon technology…it’s water repellent to keep you warm in wet weather and snow. It will keep you dry and comfortable not matter what the environment or weather conditions are outside. The Stretch-tric technology is ideal for any kind of exercise and it uses anti-odor technology to keep smells from becoming irritating. The product is ideal for use under any conditions because it is lightweight, moisture wicking, and ultra thin.
6. Brooks Women's Threshold Pant
- Great style and fit
- Lots of breathability
- Swiftwick liner is very comfortable
- Easy to wash and dry
- Perfect for cold, rainy days
This women’s running tight from Brooks is equipped with Swiftwick internal liners to help increase your comfort and prevent blisters.
These feel great on, and how you just feel ready to get warmed up outside. They’re moisture wicking to help keep you dry and comfortable and they’re easy to throw in the washing machine and dryer.
These run true to size, so they’re easy to get a good fit. The black is a nice, classic color. A really comfortable pair of pants for women.
7. ASICS Women's Thermopolis Tights
- Has a lightweight HeatGear fabric that’s breathable, quick drying, and soft to the touch
- The Gusseted crotch, Gusseted flex zone, and Active Stretch provides for a superior range of motion and maximum comfort
- Unique flat-seam construction on the legs provides comfort and less rubbing
- VELCRO® brand fasteners on the inner waist for a secure, comfortable fit.
A number of users have reported that this running tights run smaller than the size chart indicates. Try ordering a size larger if you’re not sure.
This is a fantastic pair of running tights from a great brand. They are comfortable, durable, and attractive.
When you wear these tights, they’ll make a great foundation for a layered look or they’ll look just fine as a standalone pair of tights with a sweater. They’re great for pretty much any occasion.
8. adidas Men's Running Response Climawarm Tights
- Simple, light weight design
- Zero chaffing or irritation
- Versatile, benefits male and female athletes
- Efficient, stretchy material
- Wicks moisture away from skin
- Evenly distributes heat
- Material can be a bit thin, so can be an issue for winter running
- Color designed for the ladies
- Female specific design can take time to break in
- A bit thicker fabric than the Women's Climawarm Tights, so could present an issue in spring running
- You can choose between black or grey, both of which are on the masculine side
The Adrenaline Climawarm is a water-repellent running tights designed to reduce the risk of overheating before, during, or after heavy activity by creating convective loops to pull away heat from the body. Lightweight polypropylene fibers provide excellent moisture transport to minimize heat retention and odor. The jeans also have minimal features, ensuring that there is nothing flapping or chafing the skin.
Among the other great things about these running pants is that the waistband provides a comfortable support for your hips without feeling tight; and the material pulls moisture away from the skin and keeps you warm, so you’re not left feeling too cold, or too warm during or after your workout.
9. ASICS Mens Lite-Show Winter Tight
- Breathable to allow heat to escape in this system.
- Full length side zip large for easy access.
- Leg openings have a little stretch for increasing movement.
- Grips on bottom side to avoid slipping over
- Density of fabrics is not wicking enough.
- Men's fit is not the best.
- Logo size is a little big and awkward.
- Price is a little high.
The Asics Tight is great for running to the gym or running errands on the weekend. They are warm for your legs and very comfortable. They have a mesh lining for great breathability.
If you are a running tech that needs a pair of winter running shorts for the gym or the weekend, this might be a good combo for you.
10. Brooks Men's Notch Thermal Pants
- Notch thermal pants have a thick and warm fleece lining.
- Zippered back secure pocket. Perfect for keeping your phone, keys, and other essentials secure.
- Adjustable waist and cinch cords.
- Drawcords at ankle.
- Hidden hand warmers.
- It is available in sizes M-XL.
- Machine washable.
- Highly durable.
- They cost more than ordinary pants.
- They run quite small. So order 1-2 sizes up.
With this pair of pants, Brooks has combined actual patagonia merino wool with nylon and elastic. So you get the best of both worlds. The wool fibers are natural and soft. They do a good job of wicking moisture away from your skin and keeping you dry, warm, and odor-free.
They have a nice, ribbed elastic band that runs the length of the waist, which keeps the pants in place and prevents any chafing. They are available in sizes XS-XL. You can also get them in a more attractive and shorter model for the ladies.
11. Oiselle Women's Moto Lesley Tights
- Amazing for winter running
- Adjustable waist size
- Super warm and the fleece band is very soft.
- Compression is really firm
- Great length allows for tucking into boots
- The material is stiff and heavy and not so flexible
- Sizing is inconsistent even in the same style
- Ankle elastic isn’t as comfortable as others
As the name suggests, these tights are mostly for bikers. In fact, the Moto Lesley derives their name from a famous biker group, the Mariposa Bikers. The tights are made with the same kind of warmth and protection as the bikers’ leather pants and have a thermal lining for extra warmth.
The pants have a wide, elastic waistband for extra reinforcement and comfort. They also feature a drawstring to adjust the waist and secure the pants to the ankle.
One of the best parts of these Moto Lesley tights is that they are 73% nylon and 27% spandex. So, if you have problems getting the right size, at least during the break-in period, nylon and spandex makes it easier to get a custom fit. The polyester lining will pull in and expand the stretched material in either case. Thus, you will get your best possible fit.
12. ASICS Men's Thermal XP Extra Protection Slim Pant
- Thermal fabric to keep you warm
- Silicone grip on pocket for a phone or keys
- Reflective detail for safety
- Slimming fit
- Affordable price point
- Includes zip pocket for valuables
- Not for high-activity
- Not for high activity due to a lack of padding
The Men’s Thermal Climantherm XP Extra Protection Slim Tights by ASICS Sportswear are made of a thermal fabric which provides extra warmth. They’re a good choice for wearing during those cooler winter runs. These are slimming snug warmer or nighttime running tights. In addition, to the thermal fabric, they’re also made of nylon, so you can wear them on frosty mornings.
These pants include silicone grip on the left leg pocket which makes this an extremely versatile piece of running gear. You can stash your stuff or your phone in the pocket and worry less about where to put your belongings.
Uppers made of breathable, stretchy and comfortable fabrics. Prevent snagging.
13. Nike Women's Dri-FIT Thermal Pants Black/Refelctive Silver Pants LG X R
- Sleek and attractive design.
- Comfortable and fitting pants due to under-heel cuffs that help prevent slippage.
- 100 percent polyester fabric with Polygiene anti-odor technology.
- Lots of useful zippered pockets to store your credit cards, keys or wallet.
- The inner waistband is not breathable which results in uncomfortable sweating.
- Little to no pockets on the leg length.
- The hemming is half-finished meaning the fabric is loose near the edges.
All seam details. Adjustable side cuffs and a hem to prevent movement. Drawcord at the elastic waistband. Adjustable waistband. Shaped waist with a narrow, cord band.
In 2011, this trend-setting athletic manufacturer was acquired by Nike. Ever since its founding in 1972, the brand has strived to deliver high-quality performance apparel and shoes to athletes across the globe.
In that spirit, Nike Company’s mission is to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
14. New Balance Mens Windblocker Tight
- Subdued colors for a nice conservative look.
- Relatively light weight for the warmth offered.
- Moisture wicking, quick drying, and odor resistant.
- Great price for the overall quality of the tight.
- Only one color.
The New Balance men’s windblocker tight is an excellent winter running tight that offers a great combination of style, comfort, and performance. These are nice, basic black tights.
They are designed to wick moisture and resist odor, and they also are lightweight and breathable making them ideal for cold weather running.
This tight is equipped with NB’s windproof windblocker fabric that reduces the windchill factor and helps keep you warm. The small reflective accents improve visibility and keep you safe.
15. Salomon Women's Elevate Warm Tights
- Breathable, wind-resistant material
- Very lightweight
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Includes a key clip
- Two secure zippered pockets
- Flat-lock seams
- Cord pull inside the right pocket
- Available in multiple sizes and colors
- Bottoms are slightly longer
- Bottom hem has a silicone gripper material to keep these leggings from riding up your leg
The Salomon Women’s Elevate Warm Tights have an attractive, minimalist design and are designed with a flattering waistline and bottom to make your appearance more feminine. The fabric has a heat-retaining ability which also increases their warmth.
This is a very lightweight pair of leggings which are great for running in warm weather. Their fit is very comfortable and flattering due to the quality material and the way the waist tapers in slightly. They have a soft inner lining, and the zipper and pockets are high-quality and snag-resistant.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best jacket for winter running?
This really depends on where you live. If you live in an area where it snows, probably you need some kind of outer insulation layer. If you have a heavy winter jacket and the temperature is above freezing, then you probably don’t really need it. I just wear a long sleeve running shirt, a hat and winter running gloves.
What are the best leggings for winter?
When most people think about purchasing leggings, they usually think about buying them for the warmer months. But why limit yourself to wearing only All-Weather compression leggings in the summer? They are great in the winter, too!
Several online reviews highlighted the APL Women’s Active tights as being comfortable, for instance. The material is a blend of 96% polyester and 4% spandex, so it moves with you. Because of the spandex content, the material stretches just enough to be comfortable.
In addition, it has a moisture-wicking capacity, which means it absorbs sweat quicker and lets it evaporate out of the fabric. This makes it ideal for athletes who work out hard but also run in the colder months of the year. They dry quickly and are odor resistant and anti-bacterial.
Which running tights are best?
We brought some of the best winter running tights in this article just because of the natural cold that is blowing outside. These days, someone just looking for a pair of regular running trousers might find themselves in a difficult situation. This happened especially after buying a pair from a certain price range and not being satisfied by the product. But, not to worry, you will be pleased with any of the products we have here.
As a matter of fact, if you are here, you came specifically to look for this. And you are definitely satisfied with these products. So, let's go down and see what these amazing products have to offer:
Are compression tights good for cold weather?
Yes, they can be. Compression tights can keep you warm in the cold by fighting against air, water and snow. This is not entirely good for your legs, as you give yourself nearly no room for air circulation. The muscle layer you can create may not be as hot. Still, it’s a best option against the cold.
Here we are delighted to share with our readers that you have just found the best winter running tights for men and women in reviews to get through the cold winter.