Most of this equipment I either have myself or I have talked to others and have reviewed. Some of the equipment may not be your cup of tea and may not be the best for you, but this list is full of solid equipment that could help your home any home gym.
9 Pieces of Equipment If you only had to pick 9 pieces of equipment for your home gym you would want something for weight and resistance training, cardiovascular exercise, core training, and a bench/dumbbell rack.
What to look for in home gym equipment: -What equipment is best for your weight loss goals?
- Is the equipment easy to assemble?
- Is there enough room to use it?
- Is it compatible with other equipment?
- Is it durable? If you need more guidance as what to look for while looking at best home gym equipment check out our guide to home gym equipment.
|Fringe Sport Matte Black One-Piece Kettlebell/Crossfit||Best Overall|
|Fire Team Fit Weight Lifting Belt||Budget Pick|
|REP FITNESS Rubber Hex Dumbbell Set||Upgrade Pick|
1. Fringe Sport Matte Black One-Piece Kettlebell/Crossfit
- Kettlebells are good quality.
- Great, as-expected customer service.
- Good value for the price.
- Good, basic fitness equipment set.
- A stash of kettlebells for Crossfit.
- It’s not a perfect set.
- The quality of the quick-release collars can be better.
- The quality of the gym bag could be better.
- Lifting blocks could be better.
- The top and bottom kettlebells are identical.
The Fringe Sport set is a nice, basic beginner’s fitness equipment. It’s a good set to have on hand for the price! It’s affordable and a good set for beginners.
There are a few things we don’t like, mainly the quality of the quick-release collars can’t compete with high-quality kettlebell kettlebells. These are good for beginners, but we wouldn’t recommend them for serious athletes and everyday workouts.
The Fringe set looks great and is a nice basic set for home or gym use. Beginners or people just getting started with CrossFit or fitness will be happy with the Fringe Sport set.
2. Body-Solid OB47B 47 in. EZ Curl Olympic Bar
- Great versatile in construction; the bar can be used for curling, bicep curls, overhead presses and triceps extensions
- Shaft is made from heavy-duty, chrome-coated solid steel specifically for weightlifting
- Welded sleeve and others contact points are made from aluminum to slide more easily during use
- Rust resistant and great quality.
- Bar can be used for bench press but is more suited for other weightlifting activities as safety concerns
- 7 feet long but takes quite a bit of space
- Construction of the bar takes skilled workers to make
The Body-Solid OB47B 4 foot bar is one of the top exercise equipment you can use at home or at the gym for balance, strength, and flexibility. It is made from chrome-plated steel which is very sturdy. The bar is coated with a resistant plastic finish which allows the bar to be used for a longer period of time compared to a bare metal finish.
The bar is easy to use as it is easy to grab and hold on to during workout sessions. It comes with a padded sleeve to prevent injuries to the hands and forearms when weight is placed on the bar.
It is very safe for use as the bar has very smooth movement. It is able to move slowly and slides easily to prevent any injuries when weight is pressed onto the bar.
3. CAP Barbell Rubber Coated Dumbbell Set
- Wide range of dumbbell sizes
- Very affordable price point
- Solid construction
This CAP Barbell set offers versatile weights without breaking the bank. It comes with sets of 2.5, 5, 7.5, and 10-pound plates for each side of the dumbbell. These allow you to customize your dumbbell weight based on your strength level.
The dumbbells themselves are coated with a rubber covering for improving your grip as you lift and also for avoiding damage to your floors or exercise surfaces. The set also comes with a storage rack so you can keep your dumbbell weights stored away when not in use.
You can get these for a really decent price, but it’s worth noting that some users have reported the coating on them chipping off after repeated years of use.
4. Merax Deluxe Foldable Utility Weight Bench Adjustable Sit Up AB Incline Bench Gym Equipment
- Comfortable and sturdy
- Easily folds up for storage
- Cheap, low price
- Ideal for dumbbell exercises
- Adjustable bench to meet your specific needs
- Dual functionality for both seated and flat-back exercises
This product is one of the best adjustable benches for sale in the market today and you will find that many people use this product in their homes, although most gyms have similar equipment because it has a long elevated steel leg with an adjustable foot rest and two height adjustments.
This can be used for free weights and many other exercises that will target your muscles and provide a strong workout for you.
If you are looking for something that you can use at home this is a very viable option. It is sturdy and stays in place, and can even be used for doing sit-ups.
5. Dark Iron Fitness Genuine Leather Pro Weight Lifting Belt
- Thick leather on the back and sturdy belt.
- Strong and durable.
- Allows you to lift more safely.
- Can be used in the gym or at home to do most lifts.
- Tightens easily and fits properly.
- Buckle is of very good quality.
- Sturdy and thick leather on the back.
- Has a lifetime warranty.
- The leather is not too soft.
- The belt has a harder time staying in place.
- Hardware is not very high quality.
Weight Training, Powerlifting – Professional Equipment for Home Gym and Crossfit Boxes.
If you want to lift a lot, or train for power lifting. Then you need a belt like this one.
This is a very simple leather belt that is very sturdy and can take the abuse you will be giving it. The leather is thick and is a lot tougher than other belts that I have owned in the past.
6. Fire Team Fit Weight Lifting Belt
- Breathable, comfortable material
- Aluminum buckle fits many sizes
- High quality leather material and build
- Serves as great support for squats, heavy lifts, and bodyweight exercises
- 6 inches wide for comfortable waist support
- Affordable price point
& Lifting, Made of Premium Leather with Steel Tooth.
Fire Team Fit is a sporting goods manufacturer that makes high-quality products with attention to design, materials, and durability.The Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt has a breathable, resilient leather exterior with a thick layer of support material inside. This construction makes for an ideal combination of form, function, and support.
The premium leather material has a sporty style that you’ll love. It is also provides a thicker, more durable belt that can last quite a while. The belt is designed for comfort and safety while exercising, so you can worry about making gains instead of aches and pains.
7. TITAN Olympic Barbells
- Very affordable.
- If you do NOT want the Olympic size, the barbell works for average building weight as well.
- A bit smaller.
- Can’t be used by both men and women.
- Does not have that standard diameter of a regular barbell.
The TITAN Olympic Barbells are a set of two, one for men and one for women. The dumbbells are made of high-quality solid steel and not hollow and round like most of the bells available in the market in the same price range.
If you are on a budget and looking for a decent set of Olympic barbells that won’t break the bank, the TITAN pair might be your perfect choice.
8. Kettlebell Kings
- Powder-coated for durability and rust resistance
- Available in different weights and styles
- Lifetime guarantee
- Variety of handle types
- Can be used for Olympic lifts
- Powder-coating makes them glide much smoother than iron
- Quick and easy shipping
- No customization options
| 10, 15, 25, 35, 55, 75, 90, 105, 150, 185 lbs.
The Kettlebell Kings have been around for more than 10 years, and they offer some of the best kettlebells out there.
They are available in a variety of weights and styles: kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells, and logs. They also offer a color customization option, so you can have your own unique kettlebell weights.
9. XMark Voodoo Commercial 7' Olympic Powerlifting Bar
- This is one of the best weightlifting bars for its price.
Bar, Commercial Gym Equipment Bars, Workout Bar.
This bar is made from solid steel, which will maximize your workouts while minimizing the risk of injury. You also get a nice grip from the center knurling and the high-polish chrome finish.
An added benefit to this bar is its rust- and corrosion-resistant coating. This means that even if you live in a humid area where your metal tools tend to rust, this bar will stay good as new.
10. REP FITNESS Kettlebells
- Use as a warm up or for conditioning …
- Variety of set weight options
REP fitness is the industry leader in commercial fitness equipment for sports facilities and home use. This one of the best kettlebells for Crossfit, is designed for intensive training, CrossFit workouts or for aerobic conditioning, and heavy lifting programs.
- Made from solid cast iron
- Variety of sizes and weight options
- 10-year warranty
- Excellent customer service
11. CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch Plate Rack
- Can hold 15 pounds of weight
- Equiped with extra long horizontal bar for easy access
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Sturdy and strong construction
- Includes six plastic weight plates
- 15 pounds of plates takes up a lot of space for storage
- Plates lack space between them
This Olympic Plate Rack comes with two 2-inch weight plates and four standard ones. It has a sleek design that works great for storage and it is strong enough to hold all the weight you need for your daily workouts.
The two weight plates can support up to 15 pounds of force which means you can do overhead presses and shoulder presses with this weight rack. It also includes a horizontal bar for easy access, so you can use it for conventional lifts as well.
The CAP Barbell Olympic Rack is made of high-quality steel and has a 1-year limited warranty. It is durable, comfortable to use, and perfect for beginners who want to ease into weightlifting.
12. REP FITNESS Rubber Hex Dumbbell Set
- Great all-around set for your home gym.
- Excellent for all levels of lifters.
- Great replacement for free weights as they are safe for everyone to use.
- Solid quality and performance they won’t break in half.
- Dumbbells are much easier to adjust than plates.
- Can be used for a variety of different workout.
- Easy set up or storage.
- Huge variety of weight options.
- Can be used along with barbells and weight plates.
- Inexpensive set compared to a full rack.
- Not color coded with bars.
- Only available in black.
- Friction lock doesn’t feel as solid as the elite version.
- Less color options than elite.
This is a quality set that is great for lifters of all levels. Since these are hex dumbbells, they will fit into a 5-foot gym, and their weight increments are 25.5, 5, and 2.5 pounds. The weight increments in kilograms are 0.5kg, 1kg, and 0.5kg, so the set is perfect for those who are getting started.
13. Body-Solid Tools Olympic Straight Bar
Accommodates 1 in Olympic weight plates, increments of 2.5 lbs
Inclusing a straight bar into your weight lifting routine is one of the best ways to give your upper body a good workout.
This bar from Body-Solid is six feet in length and has a 1 1/4 inch diameter. It is made with Hi-Impact, aircraft-grade steel and has a black and chrome finish. It can accommodate up to a load of 1,000 pounds and has adjustable knurling.
14. REP FITNESS Power Rack
- Easy to assemble
- Excellent for beginners, but can be used by more advanced lifters.
- Pull-up bar is fully adjustable and wide. It can accommodate all grips and heights.
- Adds the extra stability you need for heavy squats
- Affordable price
- Strong and sturdy
- Unstable when assembled. Needs to be sand-filled.
- The finish is not as nice as some of the other options.
- Using a barbell on the pull-up bar is tricky for taller people.
- Rogue is a more solid product
When it comes to CrossFit, there are some serious questions regarding whether or not to use a home gym. Though a CrossFit gym can cost more (even with a membership), having a home gym can actually cost quite a bit less in the long run.
CrossFit is an exercise regimen that involves pushing yourself to your physical limit. It relies on training a variety of different body parts and in many different ways.
This means that you need to plan out your workouts to the last detail. It also means that you need an excellent facility in order to keep up with the demands of CrossFit workout.
15. Titan Fitness Elite Olympic Bumper Plates
- solid despite being quite light (some people would say heavy)
- 10 different size options
- colors are true, not strange/off-putting as on some other plates
- being made of steel makes them less prone to chip or crack than some other brands.
- BARELY made in China (honestly, not really made in China, but color me a cynic. The color side bears the stamp "Made in USA." I’ll purchase some similar plates from a US-based company if this is not corrected.)
- Spelling of TITAN on the set: H-E-A-V-Y
- These weigh in at a whopping 43 pounds per pair, although if you are moving up to weightlifting territory, perhaps your bodyweight is up too.
- I would be nice to have two pairs of 25s and two pairs of 35s for an Olympic bar, not just the one large pair of 45s.
Introducing the New Clubbell Training Program that topped my bestseller list for over 9 months!
If you are here to lose weight, then do so. Focus and be patient. Stick with this program, and you’ll be on the right track to losing weight and starving fat out in no time.
16. XMark Olympic Bar EZ Curl Bar
- Attractive casing
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- 30-year warranty
- No attached weights (when purchasing the bar only)
- Some buyers have received defective models that have bent during use
In search of the best olympic weight set for home use? Consider this sturdy but attractive 47-inch olympic weight bar from XMark Fitness.
The bar is multi-grip, so you can use whichever grip is most comfortable to you as you perform your olympic lifts. If you are lacking the free floor space that’s needed to safely use heavy, traditional olympic plates, consider purchasing the bar with the pair or set of weights from this company. They’re attached to the bar and are just as effective as their free-standing counterparts.
You’ll find that popular Texas Star Olympic weight plates fit perfectly on this well-built, yet affordable bar. They won’t budge once you set them in place, so you’ll be glad you chose them when you use your bar-and-weight set in your home gym.
17. Body-Solid Rubber Grip Olympic Sets
- Great small weight sets
- Heavy duty
For those that need to add a little more weight to their training, these weight sets are perfect. They come in 2.5 lb, 5 lb, and 10 lb increments. Don’t worry, the smaller weight can be used for a variety of exercises like the bench press, bicep curls, etc. However, they really excel with the larger weight increments for the deadlift and squats.
The grip is very important when it comes to Olympic weight sets. Many sets are poorly made which can lead to unsafe training conditions. These are excellent because they have comfortable rubber grips that feel great. You can workout for hours without issues. This allows you to maintain an upper hand on your goals.
Finally, the price is great relative to other sets on the market. The rubber coated bars and the weights are extremely durable. The weight sets work great at home, commercial gyms, and everywhere in between. If you need an Olympic weight set to use for high intensity workouts, this is an excellent option.
18. REP FITNESS Iron Plates
- Ability to pin the plates
- EZ Fit Collars for Easy Plate Changes
- Attractive Design
- Ideal weight increment for beginners
- High quality design with elegant, durable finish
- Great price for number of plates
- 15 pound plate is not cast iron; only plated steel
- Some durability issues due to quality control
At first glance these iron plates seem tough enough to be shipped around the world. They accept EZ Fit collars for easy plate changes.
And with a weight load of 15 lbs each, these are perfect for beginners. Being a pair you can put in unique workouts such as: 1+1, 1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 1+C, 2+2+2, and so on etc., increasing intensity as you go.
A pair of these have a good weight load to include in a CrossFit type of home gym. That is, if you take good care of these, they are sure enough to last you a lifetime.
19. Powerline by Body Solid Flat Incline Decline Folding Multi Bench PFID125X
- High quality construction
- Heavy-duty frame
- Instructions are easy to understand and quick to assemble
- Folds for convenience
- Optional Olympic weight stack plates
- Includes a comfortable, padded seat
- Does not have built-in wheels
- Some users have experienced issues with the seat sliding into the bench through continuous use
The Powerline Flat, Incline, and Decline benches are designed to give you a complete experience when using your multi-gym.
One of the most important things with a bench is its stability. This one includes adjustable height settings and safety bars that lock in place.
The Powerline also comes with optional weight stack plates. It can accept up to 200 pounds of weight so it supports all recreational to advanced bodybuilders.
20. XMark Fitness XMat Ultra Thick Equipment Mat
- Complete equipment mat
- Padding is 4 inches thick
- Rubberized surface keeps the area dry
- Not as costly as some of the other mats
- Some customers have reported that it is too heavyweight for home use
- Rubberized surface is not as certain as rubber
The XMat Ultra Thick Equipment mat is what you need to gear up for Strength Training at home. It enhances your comfort and reduces the chances of you slipping and injuring your back.
The mat is made from quality materials and is backed by a 1-year warranty. The high-end rubberized material is ideal for Crossfit and weight lifting equipment. Its textured surface keeps the mat in place and prevents injuries and slippage.
Plus, it is ideal for any level of work out that you decide to perform in your home gym.
21. TITAN FITNESS Short Power Rack T-2 Series Weightlifting Equipment
- Solid Design
- Expands quickly and easily
- Can be used for squats, bench press, etc.
- Comes with a sliding bar catch
- Sturdy and durable
- Many reports that it is too short for a 5 ft. tall person to safely perform squats
- Cheap paint does not withstand wear and tear from heavy use
- The bar catchers are plastic
With these racks from Titan Fitness, you can perform more exercises without having to use a barbell. A weight lifting cage can be used alone or in conjunction with a bench. The Titan Fitness cage is made of high-quality, durable steel. It is much stronger and sturdier than other models priced the same.
It can be assembled in a matter of minutes and is virtually maintenance-free. The Titan Fitness cage adjusts to six different heights without the need for additional attachments and can hold up to 440 pounds.
The Titan Fitness cage will quickly and easily hold up your weights, and provide you with a safer and more comfortable environment in which to lift weights.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What weights should I use for a home gym?
What is the most effective piece of gym equipment?
The most effective is Olympic Barbell Set with Olympic Weight Plates.
Here is a very good solution to get very good workout at home.
It includes everything you need to get started on weight training:
This Olympic Barbell Set Features Excellent bar with one end safety collars.
It includes two Olympic sized collars and four rubber sleeves, which provide a secure fit for even the thickest Olympic plates.
Bar is 2" diameter and 190" long.
Bumper plate collars are 2" diameter.
If you are about to start training at home then you want to have safe place to keep your barbell.
It holds your Olympic plates securely and protects them from damage.
It is solid and made of high quality rubber coated steel.
What equipment should a gym have?
Squat Rack, Barbell, Weight Plate, Dumbbell, Weight Bench, Fitness Bands, Stability Ball, Pull Up Bar, Weights Belt, Plate Tree/Nautilus, Box, Kettlebell, Jump Rope, Bench, Barbell, Pull Up Bar, Weight Belt, Weight Plate, Dumbbell, Plate Tree/Nautilus, Rowing Machine, Bench, Barbell, Kettlebell, Jump Rope, Exercise Mat.
Weight lifting sets are some of the best pieces of fitness equipment you can have in your home gym. Even if you presently do not have a home gym, you might want to consider building one. They are a great way to work out at home and be able to control your health and fitness.
|Fringe Sport Matte Black One-Piece Kettlebell/Crossfit||Best Overall|
|Fire Team Fit Weight Lifting Belt||Budget Pick|
|REP FITNESS Rubber Hex Dumbbell Set||Upgrade Pick|