While working out at home would suffice for some people, others want nothing less than to work out in a commercial gym to be able to give it their all when it comes to their workout.
For those of you who like to work out at home just as much as heading out to the gym, investing in a normal bench might not seem like the best thing to do.
Adjustable weight benches as the name suggests are a bit more of a utility for weight lifting exercises.
Instead of struggling to find space for two different devices users can simply put one bench in place. This is why many people opt for weight benches that can be adjusted to suit the needs of many possible exercises.
The weights that come with it will be made of cast iron. They are both dense and heavy, which makes the weight bench heavy too.
|Reebok Professional Aerobic Deck||Best Overall|
|Marcy Flat Utility 600 lbs Capacity Weight Bench||Budget Pick|
|Pro Clubline by Body-Solid LVBP Adjustable Leverage Bench Press||Upgrade Pick|
1. Reebok Professional Aerobic Deck
- Choice in floor height positions best suits user.
- Very wide and comfortable.
- Non slip material provides safety from sliding.
- Attractive woodgrain finish.
- Rubber pads are quiet.
- Choice of 6 aerobic pieces for versatility.
- Each aerobic piece has ribbed non-slip material.
- Aerobic pieces don’t move while in use.
- Optional crossbar accessory available.
- Variety of aerobic pieces allow versatile use.
- A little pricey.
- Ribbed non-slip material can become slippery if people sweat a lot.
- Ribs on aerobic pieces can be irritating if scrunched up against skin.
- Crossbar accessory required for aerobic pieces to work.
- May not fit well in small spaces.
If you’re interested in doing aerobic exercise in your home, you need a great place to do it. This aerobic platform will help you get the most out of your aerobic workout by giving you an awesome place to spend some time.
This aerobic platform from Reebok is a great space-saver that can be configured for many different aerobic purposes.
The platform has six sections made of ribbed, textured rubber material. Each piece has grooves and textured areas to help you gain traction on the platform.
2. Pro Clubline by Body-Solid LVBP Adjustable Leverage Bench Press
- Made from high quality solid steel.
- Resists movement to stay sturdy.
- Heavy-duty even when fully loaded.
- Can be used for many different exercises.
- Fits in any home gym.
- A versatile piece of equipment that is compact and easy to use.
- It's locked in position when you use it, so make sure to adjust it to your height before actually using it.
- A little heavier than a plastic machine but much sturdier.
As far as complete gym packages go, the Body-Solid Pro Clubline is tough to beat. You can do an incredible amount of upper body pressing, row exercises, curls, and lat pulldowns all out of your home.
This sturdy steel-made machine is designed to provide a smooth, natural range of motion for an easy workout. The arm pads are angled to ensure comfort and safety.
The seat height, back pad height, and foot rests are adjustable as well, so you can get the exact workout you are looking for regardless of your size or fitness level. It is durable, durable and well-made. It won’t creak or groan under your weight.
3. Marcy Flat Utility 600 lbs Capacity Weight Bench
- Solid option at a great price point
- 500 lb weight capacity – suitable for most users
- Includes a chin-up bar
- Assembly instructions are easy to follow
- Small dimensions for easy storage
- Not an attractive design, especially when compared to the Marcy Platinum
- Does not feel as stable as more expensive models
- Pressing onto the padding can cause it to compress
If you’re just getting into weightlifting and are looking for a basic bench that you can grow with over time, the Marcy Flat Utility Flat Bench is a great option to consider. It has a 500-pound weight limit, so it’s able to fit most users.
It’s relatively compact, so you should be able to find space for it in your basement or garage. It has a padded surface and includes an attached chin-up bar, plus the bench is only 44.5 x 18 inches, so you should be able to fit it into most spaces.
4. Body Champ BCB5860 Olympic Weight Bench
- Rust-resistant with leg developer and preacher curl attachments
- Six-position, adjustable backrest
- Adjustable seat with backrest
- 275 lbs. weight capacity
- Great for all users from beginning to intermediate
The Body Champ weight bench is a stylish entry-level bench that’s a great value. It includes a preacher curl attachment, a leg developer attachment, and a crunch handle. The bench itself is constructed from 2.5-inch steel tubes and offers a weight capacity of 275 lbs.
It also encourages proper form by including six-position backrest that adjusts according to your height and the seat is adjustable. The bench offers a sleek design and six-position, backrest, and has a 275-pound weight capacity.
5. XMark Dumbell Bench
- Good and strong and sturdy
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Grip with the bar work very well
- Light and easy to move around
- Will need to purchase weights separately
- Will need to purchase mat separately
Black color is slightly darker than white.
This is a surprisingly well made bench for the price point. I did not expect that.
If you are just starting to lift and looking for something inexpensive that will get the job done, I think this one is a good match.
6. TITAN Fitness Flat Weight Bench
- Easy setup
- No maintenance
- Maximum load capacity of 1000 lbs.
- Durable vinyl seat
- 3 pulley systems to keep hand muscles active
- Includes standard barbell and weight plates (6, 10, and 25 lbs)
- Accessories only add 3-4 inches to the length of the bench
- Low to the ground
- Can be a bit difficult to assemble
- Not exactly comfortable for tall people
- Some have reported a strong odor from the vinyl
- The rollers are not the best and make for a lot of noise
- Attractive finish starts to fade after a few years
This workout bench is the best buy for all-around home or commercial use. It has a capacity of 1000 lbs, so you can work out with a lot of weight on it.
It is covered in a durable, attractive vinyl material that will not wear out quickly and helps to cushion the uncomfortable bench press. It’s low to the ground, so you don’t have to sacrifice a lot of leg strength on the way up and down. It’s simple to assemble, and can be finished quickly.
Bottom line: This is the best home flat backed weight bench that will hold up for years of use, ideal for someone who regularly lifts weights or for a commercial gym.
7. REP FITNESS Adjustable Bench
- Dimensions: 65.25 x 35.25 x 43.5 inches.
- Weight: 150 pounds.
- Material: 16-gauge steel.
- Surface finish: Black powder coat finish.
- Maximum weight: 1,000 pounds.
- Assembly required.
- Warranty: Three years.