For those of you who like to work out at home just as much as heading out to the gym, investing in a normal bench might not seem like the best thing to do.
Adjustable weight benches as the name suggests are a bit more of a utility for weight lifting exercises.
Instead of struggling to find space for two different devices users can simply put one bench in place. This is why many people opt for weight benches that can be adjusted to suit the needs of many possible exercises.
The weights that come with it will be made of cast iron. They are both dense and heavy, which makes the weight bench heavy too.
|Reebok Professional Aerobic Deck||Best Overall|
|Marcy Flat Utility 600 lbs Capacity Weight Bench||Budget Pick|
|Pro Clubline by Body-Solid LVBP Adjustable Leverage Bench Press||Upgrade Pick|
1. Reebok Professional Aerobic Deck
- Choice in floor height positions best suits user.
- Very wide and comfortable.
- Non slip material provides safety from sliding.
- Attractive woodgrain finish.
- Rubber pads are quiet.
- Choice of 6 aerobic pieces for versatility.
- Each aerobic piece has ribbed non-slip material.
- Aerobic pieces don’t move while in use.
- Optional crossbar accessory available.
- Variety of aerobic pieces allow versatile use.
- A little pricey.
- Ribbed non-slip material can become slippery if people sweat a lot.
- Ribs on aerobic pieces can be irritating if scrunched up against skin.
- Crossbar accessory required for aerobic pieces to work.
- May not fit well in small spaces.
If you’re interested in doing aerobic exercise in your home, you need a great place to do it. This aerobic platform will help you get the most out of your aerobic workout by giving you an awesome place to spend some time.
This aerobic platform from Reebok is a great space-saver that can be configured for many different aerobic purposes.
The platform has six sections made of ribbed, textured rubber material. Each piece has grooves and textured areas to help you gain traction on the platform.
2. Pro Clubline by Body-Solid LVBP Adjustable Leverage Bench Press
- Made from high quality solid steel.
- Resists movement to stay sturdy.
- Heavy-duty even when fully loaded.
- Can be used for many different exercises.
- Fits in any home gym.
- A versatile piece of equipment that is compact and easy to use.
- It's locked in position when you use it, so make sure to adjust it to your height before actually using it.
- A little heavier than a plastic machine but much sturdier.
As far as complete gym packages go, the Body-Solid Pro Clubline is tough to beat. You can do an incredible amount of upper body pressing, row exercises, curls, and lat pulldowns all out of your home.
This sturdy steel-made machine is designed to provide a smooth, natural range of motion for an easy workout. The arm pads are angled to ensure comfort and safety.
The seat height, back pad height, and foot rests are adjustable as well, so you can get the exact workout you are looking for regardless of your size or fitness level. It is durable, durable and well-made. It won’t creak or groan under your weight.
3. Marcy Flat Utility 600 lbs Capacity Weight Bench
- Solid option at a great price point
- 500 lb weight capacity – suitable for most users
- Includes a chin-up bar
- Assembly instructions are easy to follow
- Small dimensions for easy storage
- Not an attractive design, especially when compared to the Marcy Platinum
- Does not feel as stable as more expensive models
- Pressing onto the padding can cause it to compress
If you’re just getting into weightlifting and are looking for a basic bench that you can grow with over time, the Marcy Flat Utility Flat Bench is a great option to consider. It has a 500-pound weight limit, so it’s able to fit most users.
It’s relatively compact, so you should be able to find space for it in your basement or garage. It has a padded surface and includes an attached chin-up bar, plus the bench is only 44.5 x 18 inches, so you should be able to fit it into most spaces.
4. Body Champ BCB5860 Olympic Weight Bench
- Rust-resistant with leg developer and preacher curl attachments
- Six-position, adjustable backrest
- Adjustable seat with backrest
- 275 lbs. weight capacity
- Great for all users from beginning to intermediate
The Body Champ weight bench is a stylish entry-level bench that’s a great value. It includes a preacher curl attachment, a leg developer attachment, and a crunch handle. The bench itself is constructed from 2.5-inch steel tubes and offers a weight capacity of 275 lbs.
It also encourages proper form by including six-position backrest that adjusts according to your height and the seat is adjustable. The bench offers a sleek design and six-position, backrest, and has a 275-pound weight capacity.
5. XMark Dumbell Bench
- Good and strong and sturdy
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Grip with the bar work very well
- Light and easy to move around
- Will need to purchase weights separately
- Will need to purchase mat separately
Black color is slightly darker than white.
This is a surprisingly well made bench for the price point. I did not expect that.
If you are just starting to lift and looking for something inexpensive that will get the job done, I think this one is a good match.
6. TITAN Fitness Flat Weight Bench
- Easy setup
- No maintenance
- Maximum load capacity of 1000 lbs.
- Durable vinyl seat
- 3 pulley systems to keep hand muscles active
- Includes standard barbell and weight plates (6, 10, and 25 lbs)
- Accessories only add 3-4 inches to the length of the bench
- Low to the ground
- Can be a bit difficult to assemble
- Not exactly comfortable for tall people
- Some have reported a strong odor from the vinyl
- The rollers are not the best and make for a lot of noise
- Attractive finish starts to fade after a few years
This workout bench is the best buy for all-around home or commercial use. It has a capacity of 1000 lbs, so you can work out with a lot of weight on it.
It is covered in a durable, attractive vinyl material that will not wear out quickly and helps to cushion the uncomfortable bench press. It’s low to the ground, so you don’t have to sacrifice a lot of leg strength on the way up and down. It’s simple to assemble, and can be finished quickly.
Bottom line: This is the best home flat backed weight bench that will hold up for years of use, ideal for someone who regularly lifts weights or for a commercial gym.
7. REP FITNESS Adjustable Bench
- Dimensions: 65.25 x 35.25 x 43.5 inches.
- Weight: 150 pounds.
- Material: 16-gauge steel.
- Surface finish: Black powder coat finish.
- Maximum weight: 1,000 pounds.
- Assembly required.
- Warranty: Three years.
- Slightly lower quality than other models.
- Longer delivery time than some benches.
- A little on the pricey side.
- No padding.
So far, we’ve reviewed some of the best CrossFit equipment available on the market. Now let’s focus more on one of the essential tools you need to perform your workouts: the bench.
If you’re an experienced CrossFitter or trainer, you already know that a great equipment makes a big difference in the way you perform your workouts, and also in your comfort throughout your workouts.
So, let’s see what one of the best adjustable benches for CrossFit is.
8. Universal UB300 Adjustable Bench
- Easy assembly
- Cheap price
- Small foot print
- Flimsy seat cushioning
- Seat cushioning has a cheap, uncomfortable feel to it
- U-bolts which hold the seat to the vertical frame feel loose and insecure
The Universal UB300 is a 30” long and 17” high chrome plated weight bench. It has a maximum capacity of 300 pound and is designed to help you with weight exercises by providing you with a strong and stable workout platform. It has a heavy-duty steel frame which not only gives the bench a very high level of stability but also makes its weight of 60.1 pounds very manageable for a wide range of customers.
Resiliency is one of the major requirements of a weight bench and this model from Universal UB300 gets a perfect score in this regard. The backrest is designed keeping customers with different body sizes in mind. It is 4-4.5” high and is about 20” deep which means that it is comfortable enough to be used by people of all body sizes for more than just working out. The backrest offers a very good level of support for people with back injuries or for those whose back is weak.
Setting this model up is very easy. It has two height settings, 17 inches and 20 inches. The 17″ setting is good for under 5′ customers and smaller 5′ customers can go with the 20” setting. The bench measures 47.2” long from the 17” setting and 44.3” long from the 20” setting. The bench boasts of a 1″ thick padding to provide a comfortable workout experience. The padding is made of a high-density polyurethane foam. The bench also has knurled seat and back which promotes better grip and stability of the body parts while working out. The frame of the bench is made of heavy-duty steel and it weighs 60.1 lbs.
9. Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable Weight-Lifting Bench
- Seat can be adjusted from flat-to-declined position
- Weights shelf can hold 1 to 5 adjustable plates
- Non-slip foot pads
- Made in USA
- Easy to set-up, with plenty of needed tools included
- Versatile, with a wide array of bench position and squatting options
- Excellent value
- Very sturdy, stable, and won’t wobble like some others
- 4 years warranty
- The step-up/step-down plate hole configuration might hinder your ability to use rogue plates
- There is a slight learning curve for new users
- Even though the material is durable, there is a chance of lead chip exposure
- The assembly directions are pretty vague
- You'll probably need to invest in a power screwdriver if you don't own one
This is a company that has been designing, producing and supplying weight equipment since the 1960’s. It has been bringing its …a-game to the table for a long time.
The Ironmaster Super Bench is not a flashy model, but it is a pretty solid and durable bench. The first thing that is noticeable about it is that it is a bit different looking that others.
Unlike many others on our list it is a bit more “old-school” looking than modern and sleek. Some users will prefer its simplicity while others may be put off by its appearance.
10. Flat Incline Adjustable Rugged Weight Bench 1500 Pound Capacity
- Can can be adjusted to flat or incline positions
- Durable frame and back rest have a 1500 pound pound capacity.
- High-density foam cushions your back and torso for maximum comfort.
- Storage system is convenient holds up to 100 lbs of dumbbells in adjustable racks.
You won’t find many complex and expensive machines in a good home gym. There’s no need to spend thousands on a set of leg press machines when all you really need is a couple of dumbbells, some weights, and a bench to get started. For that matter, you probably don’t need any money at all if you have the right things to get you started.
This is where the Flat Incline Adjustable Rugged Weight Bench 1500 Lbs Capacity comes in handy. It’s one of the most feature-rich benches you can find for this price, so it’s a great option to get you started. It has a wide range of weight capacity, it can go from flat to incline, you can adjust its height and decline while you work out. It includes 35 weight plates and lower weight sling to add another 45 pounds of weight. It also comes with a 100D weight sling and two four-sided, adjustable weight storage racks. The durable frame and back rest, along with the high-density foam cushions, make this a comfortable option for gym enthusiasts as well as beginners.
11. Bodycraft F602 Flat/Incline/Decline Bench
- Sturdy enough to handle athletes and powerlifters.
- Adjustable seat height.
- Sturdy construction.
- Easy assembly.
- Five year warranty on everything but the upholstery.
- No-risk trial.
- The adjustable seat height leaves something to be desired.
- Not quite enough room to do decline and incline presses.
- May require at least two people to assemble.
When it comes to finding the best bench for your home workouts, these units from Bodycraft should definitely be considered.
The company has been manufacturing home gym products for close to 50 years, so they really know what they’re doing.
These benches are also rated to handle athletes and powerlifters, so you won’t have to worry about them snapping or cracking under pressure.
12. Soozier Ten-Position Adjustable Home Fitness Weight Bench
- Smooth glide back pad
- Easy to set up and breakdown
- Sturdy, durable construction
- Comfortable padding
- Lots of included extras
- Back pad, handgrips, feet attachment, and anchor straps
- Great price point
The Soozier Ten-Position Adjustable Home Fitness Weight Bench is one of the best budget adjustable weight benches. This bench is easy to set up and breakdown. All you have to do is fold it up and hold it up. The padding is very comfortable and the back pad, handgrips, feet attachment, and anchor straps makes this bench one of the best weight benches for the price that you can buy right now.
What I really like about this bench is that it is suitable for people of all experience levels. Beginners and intermediate lifters will find this bench very useful.
However, this bench isn’t suitable for advanced lifters. Advanced users will find that this bench is not durable enough for them.
13. Titan Fitness Adjustable Flat Incline Weight Bench
- Hundreds of positive reviews
- Sturdy and well constructed
- Smooth action for side, incline, flat, decline, and military press exercises
- Great for various different workouts, including free weights, bench press, curls and more
- Compact, lightweight design that allows for easy mobility
- Inexpensive compared to other free weight benches
A lightweight and portable free weight bench, this Product is crafted from a durable steel frame and measures 29.5L x 31W x 45H inches. With an easy to adjust incline, users can perform a wide range of exercises to target their chest, back, abdominals, shoulders, and legs. Additionally, the backrest is a great option for a comfortable working position.
Assembled, this weight bench weighs 36.8 pounds and comes with included ankle and wrist straps, giving users the option to add extra resistance to their exercises. The feet of the bench are large, helping to provide stability during use.
It is recommended that the user should also use an Olympic or thin weight plate to cover the hooks for storage.
14. fortunershop Marcy Multi-Purpose Utility Bench
- No assembly required, directly ready to use.
- 2-inch-thick high-density foam upholstery for comfort.
- Heavy duty steel frame for stability and sturdiness.
- Durable construction for longevity.
- Cantilever weight plate storage rack to hold weighing plates.
- Hard wearing straps to hold the weight bar & CrossFit weight plates.
- Simple to adjust the decline bench.
- Safe and stable for training.
- Some users report the padding isn’t as thick as they would have liked.
- Some users say the bench is too heavy for standard weight plates.
- Lack of pad for the seat.
Ideal for weight lifting training, this Marcy weight bench offers an ergonomic workout solution from a world class manufacturers. This bench is extremely well reviewed and rated by users and experts alike.
The Marcy Multi-Purpose Utility Bench is a great all-round multi-function workout bench for both gym and home use. The weight rack on the side is capable of holding 2 x 45lb plates beside 2 x 25lb plates, with 2 x 10lb plates can also be held. The bench also features a cable padding, adjustable bench press stations and a leg developer exercise station with the multi-grip pads.
The bench only weighs 65lb and is extremely simple to assemble and use for everyone, including the elderly. It also comes with a generous 4-year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best weight bench for a home gym?
To answer the question above, some of the factors you should consider when looking for a weight bench are the height, support and the padding. Select a weight bench with maximum comfort, quality and durability and will allow you to work out for a longer time without straining your body. Resting your body on the bench after your workout will not be a painful experience.
Weight benches can be used for different purposes, but the most common are for a normal bench press, incline, and decline bench press. These benches should be able to hold more than just weights.
Weight benches should be able to hold a flat barbell, dumbbells and barbells with plate holders on each side. These benches will present enough room to do all three exercises mentioned above. These benches can be attached to a rack. They should have enough space so that you can do all types of deadlifts and squats. A comfortable bench will allow you to do all these exercises without straining your body.
Are Marcy weight benches good?
The Marcy Deluxe Weight Bench is an effective tool for improving your overall strength and functionality. It is a high-quality product that is well-equipped with durable components, such as the steel frame, beams and pads. The bench’s overall stability and comfort are guaranteed. The 800-Pound Capacity Combo Olympic Weight Benches is made of quality high density heavy-duty steel, while the end caps are made of hard maple. Durable high-density foam is used in the weight bench experience. Marcy’s weight bench is designed for commercial use with a weight capacity of 800 lbs. It will give you a quality experience for your money.
Marcy Deluxe Weight Bench is a Great Workout Bench all the way around. It is sturdy. Well Constructed. Easy to use. Good storage capacity for your weights. Height and angle adjustments are smooth and easy. Overall it is a great addition to your home gym.
Why are workout benches so expensive?
If you want to have the good gym treadmill or elliptical machine you have to set aside some budget. Quality home gyms are expensive but not as expensive as you would think. You need to understand from the beginning that you will need to both buy the machine and use for long time. If you have limited space and no place for the gym equipment box look at foldable elliptical machines.
Another idea for small exercise equipment is workout benches. Quality benches are not expensive if you know what brands to look for. Biped Exercises stands for high quality, heavy duty and low cost. You may ask yourself can you workout at home using those top rated home gyms, treadmills or elliptical exercise-bikes? You sure can!
High-quality equipment designed for fitness workouts, equipped with the latest fitness technology is available at affordable prices. Don't spend a lot buy a quality machine that will fit your needs and supplement your training.
What should I look for in a workout bench?
First of all, you need to think about how many people are likely to be using the bench. If you think you will be using it on a fairly regular basis, it is likely that you want a heavy duty bench capable of supporting upwards of 300 pounds. For lighter use, or if you want a bench that you can use in your closet for working out, an adjustable bench may be a good option.
The next thing you should be concerned with is the weight capacity of the bench. The last thing you want is to be getting yourself pumped up for a bench press, only to find out that the bench can only support 185 pounds. There are many "workout benches" that will probably already be found in your typical home gym. These are usually very low-quality, and will not hold up under enough weight to be used for any serious weight-lifting. If you're going to spend money on a bench, don't waste it on the kind of thing that you can get in any department store. You want a real workout bench.
Workout benches come in a wide range of weight capacities. Typically, you can find models that will support anywhere from 300-500 pounds. This is important, as you certainly don't want to be limited in the amount of weight you can put on a bench. Usually, the more expensive the bench, the more weight it will support.
This may be because they're built heavier. In some cases, this may be true. In other cases, the manufacturer may intend for you to use two or more benches stacked on top of each other.
While you are certainly interested in a bench that can support a lot of weight, you also want to be sure that it's comfortable enough for you to use. Different people have different needs when it comes to padding. Some people want a foam padding, while others want something sturdier and more natural. If you're using it to do sit-ups, crunches, or other abdominal exercises, you will want a pad that can support your back.
You may also want to consider what types of materials the padding is made out of. Because you will be sweating while you're using it, the last thing you want is for the bench to be slippery or uncomfortable. Make sure you take the time to consider the padding before purchasing your bench.
Weight benches are an important element of any home gym. It's where a lot of the heavy hitting take place. Your shoulders, legs and even your core muscles are under a lot of pressure during bench press.
So it's not surprising to know that your home gym would need a good quality weight bench. Whether you workout in the gym or at home, you will need a weight bench to train with.
Even if you aren't a bodybuilder or athlete, it is important to do some kind of bench workout.
Weight benches are great additions to any home gym and there are many benefits that you can get from training on one.
We made a list of 15 good quality weight benches, and we have reviews for each one.
This list includes both the cheap benches as well as the more expensive ones. As there are many choices out there, we researched for you and handpicked the best ones that fit in this price range.
With so many options out there, it can definitely get confusing choosing the best weight bench for your needs. Before you start shopping, decide what your needs are first.
Do you need a weight bench for your home gym or are you looking for a bench to use in a commercial or school gym?
Do you need a back support with your weight bench? Maybe you need a spotter or don't need any of those features. The choice is yours.
|Reebok Professional Aerobic Deck||Best Overall|
|Marcy Flat Utility 600 lbs Capacity Weight Bench||Budget Pick|
|Pro Clubline by Body-Solid LVBP Adjustable Leverage Bench Press||Upgrade Pick|