But why choose an under-desk treadmill when you have one a few steps away in your bedroom?
Simple, it’s under your desk!
Yes, you read that right, a treadmill desk is a piece of equipment specifically built for use while sitting at a desk. The concept is brilliant and makes it easy to burn calories while at your home office.
The first thing you’re going to want to do is check out our list of the best under-desk treadmills. From there, you can see which one is right for you.
1. ApexDesk Elite Series 60" W Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk
- Very easy to use and very versatile
- Great price compared to other motorized desks
- Great, quality construction
- Sounds and touch-sensors are very responsive
- Can be adjusted in a variety of ways to fit individual needs
- Excellent motor
- Light duty. Can't handle large or heavy equipment
- Doesn't come with top level tray
- Deluxe memory-control series costs more; no side or mid-panel extensions
The ApexDesk Elite Series 60" desk is a great option for home or office use.
While still a compact desk, it is wider and deeper than the Pro Plus and can accommodate larger monitors or other large equipment.
The stand up desk is a great option for someone looking to make a more drastic switch to a healthy work life balance, especially when programmed to electronically lift and lower the top piece.
2. Goplus Under Desk Electric Treadmill
- Easy to assemble
- Small enough to slide under your desk
- Sturdy construction
- Size can be adjusted to fit your desk
- Can comfortably fit anyone up to 250 pounds
- Wireless remote control
- Highly affordable
- The belt isn’t very wide
- The belt is thin
- Basic features only
- Not for serious runners
This treadmill is a great for home or office use. It is solidly built and has a small footprint to slide under your desk and off of the way when you’re not using it.
The motor is quiet, and the belt is wide enough for most people to run on comfortably. You get a program to maximize your workout time and get the fat burning going. The LED display is easy to read, and the unit can accommodate anyone up to 250 pounds.
3. Pneumatic Adjustable Height Standing Desk
- No tools needed to adjust the height.
- Fully customizable space.
- Sturdy enough for more than just standing desks.
- Sedentary workers who want to stand more may benefit from this product.
- The surge is a very low price compared to its competitors.
- The size range is limited.
- The design may not appeal to everyone.
When you're looking for a standing desk, it's hard to beat the versatility of the Pneumatic Standing Desk. This is a minimalist standing desk, but it's still capable of handling everything you need for a standing desk experience. The gas cylinder can lift the surface to heights above 6 feet, which means you can adjust the desk to the comfortable height for your own height.
The construction is portable and sturdy. You can adjust the surface to whatever height you need, and it supports up to a 50 pound load. It won't fall or move when you're working, and the stable base will keep you comfortable for hours. The under-desk mat keeps your legs comfortable and fully supported.
4. Balee Crank Height Adjustable Table Sit-Stand Laptop Computer Desk Non Tilt Top Overbed Table
- Reasonably priced.
- Crank adjustment suitable for a variety of heights.
- Stable locking mechanism.
- Supports up to 70 pounds.
- Construction contains a few evident flaws.
- Build quality is inconsistent.
- Noisy crank adjustment mechanism.
This product is crafted from metal and glass. The crank rotation noise is a little bit higher than the expectations. This is a durable stand though it is not scratch proof.
Even the touch of a big hand will not ruin the beauty of this product. It weights 49.86 pounds. This table is capable of supporting up to 70 pounds. The table assembled easily. It took less than 10 minutes to assemble.
5. Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
- Fit under computer desk
- Can be installed under a conference table
- The best computer treadmill for the money
- Quite quiet for the self-powered treadmill
- Decent build quality
- The computer is useless
- The software is poor
- The heart rate monitor is inaccurate
- The fan belt is quite noisy
- The belt runs from side to side
The last thing that you want is for your desk treadmill to be something that is going to show off your bad attitude, a disdain for your life, your desire to be average, or disregard for the average person’s standards.
6. LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Under Desk Treadmill,black;gray,Large
- You can get a good cardio session without leaving your desk.
- It provides numerous health benefits.
- You can burn up to 1000 calories during a 30-minute work/walk.
- It functions without taking up space in your home/office.
- It's quiet, features a whisper deck cushioning system and a rear-oblique workout bar.
- It has a square multi-purpose frame and allows one to reach maximum speeds of up to 4 mph without exerting a lot of effort.
- It comes with a wireless heart rate monitor that allows you to track your exercise progress.
- It has 30 preset programs and a speed control console that allows you to monitor your performance.
- It is built using a durable steel frame.
- It weighs only 49 pounds.
- It is limited in terms of programmable features.
- It is pricier than other models.
- It has a low maximum speed.
To be honest, the LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 is one of the best desk treadmills for the money. It allows you to burn calories as you go about with your daily work requirements. It increases mobility, reduces muscle stiffness and promotes cardiovascular health, all at a time when these benefits are highly needed.
7. Rebel Treadmill 1000 Under Desk Treadmill
- Cheaper option to replace treadmill desks
- Very quiet operation
- Lightweight and small to fit under any desk
- Compact size that can fit almost anywhere
- Very easy to assemble
- Excellent quiet tread belt
- Shorter running belt than most other treadmills
- Doesn’t fold
- Can be awkward to carry upstairs
- It’s not the best choice for taller runners
This under-desk stationary treadmill will be a welcome addition to your home or office. It is a reasonably priced under-desk treadmill that will give you the opportunity to get your cardio fix at any time. It’s compact and economical design makes it incredibly easy to transport.
The independent drive provides a whisper quiet tread belt operation with its unique four-wheel design. The energy efficient design permits an easy 1 mph increase in speed without increasing the treadmill’s motor power. The folding design makes it easy to place in a closet or stack behind the door.
8. RHYTHM FUN Treadmill Under Desk Treadmill Folding Portable Walking Treadmill
- App display on treadmill.
- Space saving design.
- Can connect to your smartphone.
- Variable speed.
- Allows you to adjust the incline.
- Lightweight and collapsible frame.
- Possibility of wireless charging.
- Three color options for the frame.
- 1 year warranty included.
- Only top end of the range models feature the cross trainer.
- Poor customer service.
- No heart rate monitor.
To ensure that you do not get bored at your job, the Treadmill Under Desk Treadmill is the product that you need. It can help you relax from the tension during the working hours. The treadmill comes with a remote control, and it has a belt width of 11.8 inches. With its slim body, you can easily slide it under your table.
9. WALKINGPAD A1 Foldable Treadmill Walking Pad Smart Jogging Exercise Fitness Equipment
- Folding, easy to get under desk.
- Low noise.
- Step comes with a lock for security.
- Can be used anywhere.
- Very solid construction, good support for the feet.
- A little slow. 0.9 to 2.7mph.
- Doesn’t work on hard wood floors.
This is a truly unique treadmill. After all, it’s a treadmill you can cut out a small section under a desk and stick the walking area down under. That’s pretty cool.
The actual treadmill belt isn’t that wide, you’re going to cover a tiny area underneath your desk. But it’s a very cool idea. The actual belt is on the wide side. It’s a full 6 feet long, so you can cover a wide piece of carpet without having to lay the belt out.
If you buy the optional mat, this is a pretty smooth treadmill too.
10. iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill
11. Sole Fitness TD80 Treadmill Desk
- Lowers footprint by 50% compared to most treadmill desks
- MyFitnessPal mobile app lets you track your calories, steps, and sleep
- FitDesk software lets you target your calories burned, distance, or time
Declaring this Sole Fitness treadmill desk your new heart healthy workstation is as easy as unboxing it, connecting it to your PC, and setting the incline. From there, you’re ready to start sprinting from your desk.
This treadmill desk has a top speed of 4 mph and accommodates users up to 300 pounds. At its highest incline setting, it provides a slight incline for an even better calorie burn. This innovative product can accompany you through your CrossFit workout, jog, or marathon.
You can track your progress through your PC or Mac, and can easily plug in your smartphone so you can stay connected while working out. Plus, you can measure your daily goals on the Sole Fitness mobile app, MyFitnessPal, by tracking your steps, calories, and distance.
12. Xspec Under Desk Walking Treadmill
- Fits under desk without wheels on treadmill.
- Adjustable incline.
- Positive reviews from users.
- Easy to setup.
- Does not fold up.
- Treadmill surface is not that big.
- Tread belt might not last long.
- Foot rails can be difficult to adjust.
This treadmill is the right specification for fitting under the desk. The Xspec Under Desk Walking Treadmill for Standing Desk and Cubicles is a small treadmill that can do everything you need for work including running for a few minutes and stretching your legs after sitting at the desk for hours.
It is not for running or walking on for an hours. No one wants to though.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best under desk treadmill?
The main idea behind this application is to combine your treadmill with your office desk. Companies like Google have realized that sitting still all day is bad for your health. Furthermore, in this day and age where you are expected to be much more productive than everyone else and work on multiple deadlines, being tired out by the end of the day can be very bad for your performance.
As a result, these companies have been driving in the right direction and have started encouraging office workers to move around a bit by providing them treadmill desks.
Do treadmill desks really work?
Do treadmill desks help you lose weight?
The answer is a big impressive YES! At least compared to sitting on a chair all day. On average, treadmill desks can help you burn about 200 calories per hour more than sitting on a chair. Some citizens with mobility problems claim that using a desk treadmill for work has helped them feel better.
If you are short of time, walking while at work is more efficient than standing. According to the American Council on Exercise, walking burns around 527 calories per hour for a 160-lb person in comparison to 380 calorie for a 160-lb person sitting on a chair.
Boosting your normal calorie-burning metabolism is not the only way treadmills can make you lose weight. Many studies have linked sedentary work with obesity and other health ailments. Walking improves or helps maintain mental health, physical conditioning and promote healthy living.
Is Ancheer a good treadmill?
Ancheer has been in the business of home and commercial use treadmill for a number of years; so they have had ample time to fine tune their design to perfection. They have put a lot of effort toward making their treadmills as sturdy as possible.
This model is quite big, measuring 26 x 63 inches and weighing nearly 250 lbs. The deck has a maximum incline capacity of 8%. A 25-degree incline setting is perfect for any cardiovascular workout. The Ancheer treadmill has 20 built-in exercise programs to make your workout more interesting. The running belt is extra-long, the cushioning system is soft and the motor is not too noisy.
This is a good walking treadmill but for running, you’re better off getting a more powerful model.
When it comes to purchasing a treadmill desk, the choice is not only between a stationary or a treadmill desk. Today different variations and types of desks exist for you to consider, but how do you know which one to go for?
A quick check-list is provided to help you know your options and make the decision easier for you.