We Written a Ultimate Guide in January 2019!
For most of us, walking is more than just a form of exercise – it’s a way of life.
Walking allows us to get some fresh air, get some alone time, and get some exercise. Whether it’s through the woods, through a nice neighborhood, or in the center of the city, walking is a great way to stay active.
Of course, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Having a treadmill at home is a great way to stay active, but there are a couple of things to consider before you rush out to buy one. Finding the best home treadmill requires you to think about how big you want it to be, how much you want to spend, and what features you want your treadmill to have.
Before you rush out to buy a treadmill, let’s cover the basics of what makes a good treadmill, and the best features to look for. We’ll cover budget treadmills, full size treadmills, and even high end treadmills. Whether you are looking for a treadmill for the entire family to use or just for yourself, we’ve got you covered.
|Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Heavy Duty Walking Treadmill||Best Overall|
|Stamina Inmotion Manual Treadmill||Budget Pick|
|SOLE S77 Non-Folding Treadmill||Upgrade Pick|
1. Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Heavy Duty Walking Treadmill
- Heavy duty construction that enables the treadmill to hold up to 350 pounds
- Quiet operation
- Easy to assemble and fold up for storage
- Easy to adjust incline
- Easy to move around for door-to-door use
- High weight capacity
- Minimal features
- Low maximum speed
- Short warranty
For the money, the Sunny Health and Fitness T7643 is a great treadmill. It stores and handles easily, works without much noise, and holds a good amount of weight. Plus, it’s built rugged. It has a 350-pound weight capacity, and it holds that weight well. I wouldn’t sit on it, but standing on it is no problem at all.
It has a large belt, and its surface is textured, almost like the rubber on a gym floor. It will be safe for bare feet, even in flip-flops, and it’s easy to clean. On the downside, you have to watch your step because the belt has a small raised lip in the middle.
The motor is quiet but doesn’t pull as much power as belt-driven models. Still, it gets the job done. The only annoying sound is a squeaking noise in the belt. It seems to go away with use, though.
2. RHYTHM FUN Treadmill Folding Running Treadmill Under Desk Walking Pad Treadmill
- The treadmill can be folded and put under the desk as a small treadmill.
- It is easy to assemble after unpacking.
- 2-years warranty for excellent customer services.
- It is not very heavy and can be moved around easily.
- The adjustable speed allows you to set it according to your pace.
- It is perfect for walking, jogging, running or moving.
- The treadmill is not very strong and needs to be careful when using.
- Assembling the treadmill needs time to set up.
- To some people, it is difficult to move the treadmill after assembling it.
- It is cheaper than others.
Weighing 79 lbs. and measuring 36.8″ x 15.7″ x 48.8″, the Rhythmn Fun Treadmill offers a walker an option to walk even at the office. It is not suitable for running, but it can help you burn some extra calories instead of sitting all day long at the office desk.
The best feature of this product is that it can be folded and put under the desk as a small treadmill, or you can unfold it and put it at the center of the office. Either way, you will still be sitting and walking at the same time.
The foldable and height adjustable handtrail allows users to extend it to the desired height. It also has a wide tread belt 12″ x 38″, the belt is made of PVC. The belt can be folded up during storage and unfolded which makes the treadmill portable.
3. Goplus Under Desk Electric Treadmill
This treadmill looks like a small under-desk elliptical machine but it is really a much smaller treadmill designed to sit under your desk and just about anyone can use it for their daily workout needs. It is lightweight so you can move it around with ease. It includes 3 workout programs for walking, running and jogging so you get a good workout in a small amount of space.
The Galaxy Pro has a maximum speed of 3.4 miles per hours and can be adjusted from 0.8 miles per hour to 3.4 miles per hour. It also features a hand rail support for those of you who want to hold on when you run. The walking deck measures 12.6 inches long so it is just right for people with a short stride length.
The controls are easy to use touch buttons for the pace and the program selections and there are even two buttons to adjust the incline of this treadmill. The Galaxy Pro includes a wireless personal entertainment system so that you can easily watch television, watch a movie or even listen to music while you are walking or running.
4. Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
- Super large running area, 22" X 60" running belt
- 10 mph speed capacity or 4 mph for walking.
- Hand pulse sensors
- Display works while exercising due to motion sensor OR can be turned off for privacy.
- Programs for manual workouts, fat burning, distance, speed, time, etc.
- Free workout DVD included.
- Transport wheels for around the house.
- 25 workouts are included.
- Lightweight for easy mobility.
- Rubber grip deck.
- Top cap is not stable. Leans back and forth.
- Walkers must adjust belt with both hands.
- Small display.
- Heart rate chest strap not included.
- No door stopper included.
Exerpeutic is an excellent budget option in the walking treadmill category and comes with an impressive 10 mph pace rating. A great feature is the Walk to Fitness' foldable design that allows for convenient storage and transportation. If you don't have a lot of room, the size of this machine may be exactly what you're looking for.
Now onto the bad reviews…
Your treadmill will require minimal maintenance but as with any machine that operates by air or gasoline, it may need some maintenance and care over the life of the product. You will need to change the walking belt regularly (every 500-800 hours) and lubricate the pedals. Here is a decent belt replacement video:
5. LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Under Desk Treadmill,black;gray,Large
- Small size
- Offers quiet workouts
- Slim design that can fit under a desk
- Great for extra workouts while working
- Awesome running surface
- Doesn’t fold up for storage
- May squeak a little bit
This is a unique treadmill to say the least. We were actually blown away by how well this one worked. It is actually a bit of a water-bottle treadmill, but you can use it as a walking or running treadmill although it is limited to 500 pounds.
Plus, it’s a great option for those who work in a confined space like a cubicle or office. It can fit under your desk or work table and allows you to keep your workouts private. Plus, it includes an exceedingly large display for keeping up with your distance, time pace, calories, pulse, and more.
It also has a handy progressive running surface that can be used for regular use or a quick walk outdoors to get some fresh air. It also has a neat little water bottle holder for your convenience that helps you stay hydrated during your session.
6. iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill
- Foldable frame that makes storing and transporting the treadmill a breeze
- Sleek design
- Equipped with 16 different programs
- Each program can be customized based on your preferences
- Bluetooth heart rate monitor
- Revolutionary design
The iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill is a compact folding treadmill for home office use. It has innovative design combined with 16 different programs which help you to maximize your activities while working. The patented design is capable of 360° folding and it has the unique feature of dual side-bars and handrail extensions. It is used by many people around the globe including people who suffer from back pain and stiffness.
This treadmill is different than all other treadmills. It can be converted into a standup desk and helps in reducing the overall pressure on the back of the individual. It improves the blood flow and brings numerous health benefits, such as enhanced cardiovascular endurance, reduced abdominal fat, and enhanced balance. This attractive treadmill is sure to impress any onlookers with its super sleek design and high-quality manufacturing. It comes equipped with Bluetooth connectivity and you can also use its pre-installed app to maximize your workouts. In addition to this, you can also use its integration with Fitbit devices to analyze your results.
Bottom line: The iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill is a high-quality treadmill with a number of useful features. You can adjust the speed and incline configurations depending on your preferences.
7. Sole Fitness TD80 Treadmill Desk
- Treadmill component is full size
- Large desk surface is great for your computer monitor
- Desk is wide to accommodate two monitors
- Pedal attachments can accommodate non-flat feet
- Double-sided design works for left- and right-handed people
- Short warranty period
- Relatively heavy work surface
The Sole Deitc Treadmill desk comes in several different models however they all share the same design. It features a belt that is 20.75 inches wide. This means is double that of other desks which range from 13 to 15 inches. This allows you to spread your legs to walk while increasing the stability.
The treadmill can work at speeds of up to 3.5 miles per hour. The digital display is clear and easy to read. There is a desk that is made of wooden panels and is 31.97 inches high. It is 55 inches wide. The desk features a keyboard tray, however you won't be able to see it if you have a large monitor above it. The desk is easily moved to the left or right with the help of its casters.
The Sole Fitness treadmill desk is easy to set up as well. Once you get it out of the box, all you need to do is adjust the desk and attach the sturdy cord to the treadmill. You also need to figure out how you will take care of the power cord. It is quite long, so it will take up a lot of space.
8. Goplus Electric Folding Treadmill
- Best value for price.
- You get what you see.
- Smooth, sturdy and quiet operation.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Some users experienced loose wiring.
- Plastic parts may seem cheap.
This folding treadmill is the best option when you want to combine good durability with a great price. Although it is inexpensive, it is made of great quality. The folding treadmill is steady, quiet, and has a decent range for speeds.
The machine is equipped with an ergonomic design and a large backlit LCD display. It has an impressive maximum speed of 10.0 mph, which is very impressive for a folding machine.
The incline on the Goplus treadmill can be set to 0%, 2.5%, 5%, 7.5%, or 10%. This is beneficial because it gives a bit of variation. The incline is increased or decreased by pressing the appropriate buttons on the console.
9. Confidence Fitness Magnetic Manual Treadmill
- Pulse Grip Heart Pulse System
- Convenient, Compact, Easy to store
- Good for all ages and abilities
- Can be folded and easily stored
The Confidence Fitness treadmill does not have precise speed increments. It only allows you to increase or decrease the speed up without using the treadmill.
The Confidence Fitness 4.0 Magnetic Manual Treadmill is rugged and comfortable, also easy to store after use. To fold, remove two bolts at the base of the running track. The two front wheels help to make it easy to move.
The Confidence Fitness treadmill has a running track that can be adjusted in 4 levels incline position so you can walk, jog or run at the speed of your own choice.
10. SOLE S77 Non-Folding Treadmill
- Heavy duty treadmill with a maximum user capacity of 400 lbs.
- The treadmill has a sleek, modern design with black tempered glass rails and a few silver accents.
- 18 different built-in workouts help you get the most out of your time on the treadmill, including walk, jog, run, intervals, and fat burning modes.
- The powerful 3.0 HP Motor is designed to give you all the power you need to maintain a solid pace and still gives you the maximum incline of 10%
- The display console is designed to be eye-catching and comprehensive and shows you the time, calories burned, calories per hour, incline, speed, pulse and distance with a backlit LCD display.
- The console also comes with built-in Bluetooth speakers and you can use them to listen to your favorite playlists as you work out.
- For safety, the console has a tread belt stop that will keep the belt from moving in the event of an emergency
- The treadmill has a Rolling Desk that allows you to relax while your body is working out and it has a great design that is sure to freshen up any home gym.
- The treadmill is folding and comes with rollers for easy transport and storage when you want to put it away.
- The machine has a standard perimeter frame and the maximum dimensions it will occupy when assembled are: L 22.8" X W 65.5" x H 75.1"
The machine is much heavier than most at over 350 lbs. and this is one of the reasons for the high shipping costs
11. NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill
- Easy assembly.
- Excellent variety of workout options.
- High quality LCD display.
- Compatible with iFit Coach.
- 25 programs and a 400-pound weight capacity.
- Light on advanced workout programming.
- The plastic console might feel flimsy.
This is one of the best treadmills for walking because it’s easy to use and ideal for beginner level users. NordicTrack has added a slew of lower-impact workouts that focus on strength and conditioning. A C 990 Treadmill with Pulse boasts twelve preset programs and a 25-user memory capability.
The 990’s console includes a generous 3-by-5-inch window, so you can read all of your workout data with ease. The console is equipped with a 5.5-inch backlit display and 1-inch blue LEDs. You can track everything from your speed, distance, calories burned, workout time, heartbeat, and other information.
The treadmill also has a 400-pound weight capacity, so this model is great for heavier users. The stride length is 22 inches, which is great for taller users. With its large running surface, the C 990 is ideal for walking and brisk walking and is ideal for users looking for maximum support and stability..
12. ProForm Treadmill Desk
- Shuts off if you fall
- Solid construction (lots of additional support)
- A/C powered
- Racks to hold up to 20lbs of books
- Chest strap included
- User manual
- Small footprint
- Not designed for running
- Directions for assembly are unclear
- Setting speed is hard to modulate
- Controls take a lot of getting used to
- Window tension seems a bit off
( Model 9999983 )
This treadmill belongs on our list of Best Treadmills for Walking because it is a walking-specific product. This is also the easiest treadmill to set up of any we have reviewed.
The treadmill can accommodate a person up to 6 feet 5 inches tall and 300 pounds (124 kg). This treadmill also comes with a water bottle holder.
13. Stamina Inmotion Manual Treadmill
- Easily folds up
- Storage and transportation can be as easy as folding it up.
- Sturdy, affordable, and built to last
- Decent treadmill for walking and jogging.
- Manual operation, no electrical power needed.
- A large variety of speed programs you can choose from.
- Non-slip running surface
- Not designed for constant heavy use.
- It does not have a heart rate monitor built in.
- The display screen is rather small.
One of the biggest advantages of this particular treadmill is that you don’t need any electricity to run it. This is a manual treadmill, so you can determine how fast you go.
It additionally has a large selection of speed programs, which provide you with a number of different options to pick from.
With this treadmill, you also get a large variety of speeds that you can choose from. This allows you to determine the right speed that’s perfect for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best treadmills for walking?
The best walking treadmills are the ones that keep moving no matter what you do. That is, they have at least a one-horsepower motor (enough to move a 12-pound load on a level surface), and they have a minimum speed of 2.5 miles per hour. Most important, on a treadmill, at least two of these measurements should be in the 10-horsepower range and there should be a minimum of two speed settings.
When used in the right way, treadmills allow you to vary your workouts by walking at a variety of speeds, which increases your cardiovascular benefits and keeps your muscles and joints challenged. Take a look at the ConsumerSearch ratings and reviews and you will see scores of walkers who gave their machines top scores for durability and ease of use.
What is the most reliable treadmill for home use?
Among treadmills, CardioZone's Sport T9-2 treadmill tops our list for the best treadmill for a home gym. First of all, it is much more affordable than most treadmills on the market, but it has the cushioning and features that make it a good choice. If you are familiar with the “good, better, best” buying habits which apply to treadmills, then you will appreciate that this one falls under the “good” category, but performs well enough for most users. It also has features and a suspension system that wouldn't be expected at the price range. The treadmill is simple, chic and attractive with features that are easy to use and well placed within the console. There are some drawbacks that are intrinsic to treadmills and if the slight incline is a problem for you then you should probably shy away from this treadmill. First of all, it is much more affordable than most treadmills on the market, but it has the cushioning and features that make it a good choice. If you are familiar with the “good, better, best” buying habits which apply to treadmills, then you will appreciate that this one falls under the “good” category, but performs well enough for most users. It also has features and a suspension system that wouldn't be expected at the price range. The treadmill is simple, chic and attractive with features that are easy to use and well placed within the console. There are some drawbacks that are intrinsic to treadmills and if the slight incline is a problem for you then you should probably shy away from this treadmill. For the price, this treadmill is an excellent bargain that will give you years of reliable use. If you can't afford a top-of-the-line model, this will be a good starter treadmill that will get you into shape and then allow you to move up to something more fancy and pricey.
What is the best speed to walk on a treadmill to lose weight?
What is the best walking speed on a treadmill? To lose weight you should walk between 3 and 5 miles per hour. You can walk faster if you want to build up your cardio fitness or do interval training.
Important: If you are a beginner or if you are not used to physical activity or walking workouts, it is important that your start out walking at a comfortable speed. After warming up a bit, you can go up to the speed you want. By walking at a comfortable speed, you can get into the rhythm of walking for a longer period of time. Going too fast too soon often leads to frustration and usually ends with the treadmill being stopped.
Walking is a very easy exercise. It is also one of the best to lose weight. It is very easy on the joints. Most anyone can walk and so walkers are very common, especially older people. The best part about walking is that it does not require any special equipment or a gym membership. You do not even have to go outside to do it. In fact, many people prefer to walk on a treadmill. This is because you can control the pace, the distance you walk, and the incline of the treadmill. Walking on a treadmill is often a more comfortable way to walk because you are generally in a climate controlled environment and you can control the pace of the treadmill.
What is the best treadmill 2021?
Not all treadmills are made equal. There are many good options out there but we start with the best.
Picking out a treadmill is no different than picking out a running shoe. There are a lot of good options out there but only a few that are great, really will help you achieve your fitness goal.
The best type of treadmills are usually ones that can be folded away when not being used. However, there are other factors you should put into play when deciding on which treadmill will be best for you.
There are many great treadmills on the market right now – treadmills that have functional and exercise programs, along with entertainment systems. The best treadmill, in our estimation, is the Precor 9.31. However, they are definitely more expensive than others on the market. If you would like a treadmill that is less expensive but still has some great features, we highly recommend the Nordic Track 20XI Folding Treadmill.
A treadmill is an excellent option if you want a good cardio workout that requires little or no coordination and limited skill to master. That’s why treadmills are so popular in gyms.
At home, treadmills are a great solution for anyone in a high-rise apartment building, who has no outdoor space, or if you have limited family members or roommates to share a fitness room.
Below we have looked at the top 13 best rated treadmills for walking and reviewed.
If you’re looking to buy a treadmill for your home there are some important questions you need to ask yourself before buying.
|Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Heavy Duty Walking Treadmill||Best Overall|
|Stamina Inmotion Manual Treadmill||Budget Pick|
|SOLE S77 Non-Folding Treadmill||Upgrade Pick|