Want to invest in a treadmill but you don't want to spend a fortune?
In this complete buying guide, we dive into the best budget treadmills from reputable brands that won't break the bank. We also look at more expensive treadmills from LifeSpan and Horizon. We also highlight the best-rated treadmills from popular brands like Sole, ProForm, and NordicTrack.
To give you the most comprehensive buying guide consider the following topics:
- Best cheap treadmills for home use
- High End Treadmills for Commercial Use
- The Best Treadmills for Garage Gyms
- The Best Treadmills for Crossfit and Home Crossfit Workouts
- The Best Treadmills for Seniors
- The Best Treadmills for Weight Loss
- The Best Treadmills for Cardiovascular Exercise
|NordicTrack T Series Treadmills||Best Overall|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Electric Folding Treadmill||Budget Pick|
1. NordicTrack T Series Treadmills
- Low-impact technology
- Wide range of performance tracking features
- Relatively affordable price
- Available in a number of attractive color schemes
- Lifelike LED monitor could be crisper
- Speakers are on the quieter side
- Maximum incline can’t match roomier models
- Taller runners might find rear-facing speed display too low
While the majority of treadmill brands are readily available in major retail stores, Nordic Track has long been headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company sells both fitness equipment for the home and the professional-grade equipment that is used by many training grounds for teams of all ages and sizes.
Its ProForm home models have been made available for a wide range of budgets, so it’s possible to find one that fits into most family’s budgets. This manufacturer’s home treadmills offer a range of features, including performance tracking, simulated incline options, and interactive entertainment features.
One of the more attractive designs on the market today is the NordicTrack T Series. This series features some of the best treadmills 2019 in the industry, each of which delivers a long list of features that can help keep you motivated and entertained throughout a workout.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Electric Folding Treadmill
- Portable due to foldable design
- Wide safety handles
- Convenient features included
- Good quality build
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Cannot track distance by cable
- Heavyweight limit is higher
- Motor does not have speed control
This treadmill is a good choice for basic workouts such as walking, running, jogging, and walking. The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is a popular treadmill among athletes as well as people looking to burn calories.
This treadmill has a sturdy steel frame, comfortable, non-slip, safety handrails, large foot plates, digital display, computer console, and an eight-level, auto-incline control knob. This treadmill also has features like Pulse Handgrip, Heart Rate Chest Strap.
However, the display does not show distance, speed, or duration. It is not able to measure distance by cable. It comes with a user weight limit of 400 lbs. It is a relatively heavy treadmill and the on-board computer has no features of a degiving or speed control.
3. ProForm 705 CST Folding Treadmill
- Folding frame design
- Nylon belt
- Easy to mount and repair
- Solid frame and construction
- Easy assembly
- Weak motor with a high-pitch noise
- Display panel brightness is a bit low
- Almost non-existent warranty policy
The ProForm 705 CST Folding Treadmill is a folding treadmill equipped with an 8-inch height non-adjustable incline. The motor of this model runs on a frequency of 0.5-10 mph and differentiates between speed and time.
This unit is comparatively cheaper than most workout trackers available in the market. Moreover, the workout tracker makes it super user-friendly. This treadmill also comes with a weight limit of 220 pounds, which makes it ideal for the daily use of the beginners and professionals.
This treadmill also has a solid steel frame with a powerful motor of 3.5 HP, which enables you to carry out various fitness activities. The ProForm 705 CST Folding Treadmill is designed to give you absolute satisfaction, offering various workout profiles and program.
4. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- Nice variety of features and workout choices.
- Great warranty and customer service, which is huge plus for new machines.
- LCD display is easy to read.
- Some customers reported the display would not turn off and create an issue if user tried to operate in a dark area.
- You cannot fold for storage.
5. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill Motorized Running Jogging Walking Machine
- Stamina, quietness and capacity. This treadmill is capable of holding 300 pounds, which is ample for most users. The treadmill is constructed to operate silently while you are working out on it.
- Easy to use. The electronic console is easy to understand and operate, and there are multiple workout programs.
- Hand rails. You can adjust the speed and incline according to your personal preference, and the hand rails on either side make it easier for you to get on and off.
- Small running area. Due to size limitation, this treadmill is designed to accommodate people no more than 5–6 feet tall and under 220 pounds.
- Usage area is cramped. To be able to run comfortably, you will need to utilize a very small margin of your treadmill.
- Must be kept away from dust and water. The treadmill must be kept away from dust and water, as it is not waterproof. This is critical as the treadmill is designed to be used indoors a home gym.
6. ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill 2015 Model
- great value for a very advanced machine
- feature-rich design
- smooth, durable belt
- ample workout programs
- accurate heart rate monitoring
- maximum incline speed of only 10%
- no incline ramp
- the iFit Bluetooth connectivity is overpriced and underpowered.
The ProForm Performance 600i treadmill is packed with a bevy of features and options yet still retails at a fair price point. And the Performance 600i could be one of the better treadmills for home use on the market this year.
This is a space saver with great workouts. It is certain to provide the options needed to push your summer workout regimen into the max.
This machine not has a maximum incline, but the ProForm Performance 600i does have a comfortable 10% incline, which is enough to really get your heart pumping.
7. LifeSpan Fitness LifeSpan TR3000i Touch Folding Treadmill
- It has Bluetooth and USB capabilities so you can connect it to your mobile device.
- It has a built-in fan to help keep you cooler and more comfortable while exercising.
- It has an eight-inch touchscreen interface so you can track your progress and play music through it.
- The motor is very quiet so you can hear the television or music while you workout.
- It is compact so it fits easily in small spaces like a home gym.
- It folds up easily for storage.
- The console is very easy to use.
- It is very durable.
- It is very stable.
- It does not offer any manual incline or decline features.
- It can be a little heavy to move once it is in place.
- It might not fit in a lot of standard doorways because of its large size.
- Its price is a little higher than some of the other comparable machines on the market.
This machine has a 1.5 HP continuous duty motor and a top speed of 12.5 mph. The belt measures in at 20″ and is 2 ply with a shock absorbent running surface. It is backed by a 5-year warranty on the frame, motor, and electronics. It also comes with touch controls and includes a cooling fan and two built-in speakers.
8. SOLE TT9 Treadmill
- Free programs
- Super quiet
- Space saving design
- Quick speed adjust buttons
- 15 incline levels
- Great for cardio and intense training
- High-quality, durable construction
- Long power cord
- Huge running surface
- Easy to store
- Seat could be more comfortable
- Only one year warranty
The Sole Fitness TT9 is a fantastic option for runners who want a high quality treadmill with packed with features but without a significant budget. It has a long list of features that makes it one of the top elliptical trainers for home use in 2020.
With a noise level of only 57 dB, the Sole Fitness TT9 is one of the quietest treadmills you can buy. While I would not suggest placing it in your basement or sleeping with it operating, it does a great job of being quiet while also being comfortable for both walking and jogging.
Thanks to the included motorized incline features, you’ll be able to mix up your training a whole lot more than you could with a non-motorized incline.
9. SOLE S77 Non-Folding Treadmill
10. NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill
- Large 16-inch touchscreen display
- Great range of speeds and inclines
- Easy to use burn calories
- Space saving design, folds up compactly for storage
- Full support/guarantee
- The speakers are ok but could be better
- Occasional control glitches
- Requires short power cord
The NordicTrack C990 comes with a decent suite of performance and comfort features, plus it folds up for storage when you are not using it.
NordicTrack touts it as the best treadmill for home use. If you are after a reliable treadmill that can take punishment, the C990 is worth a second look.
One thing you’ll notice right off the bat is just how quiet this unit is. Some treadmills simulate walking on grass, but the C990 doesn’t have to try. It keeps the running noise to an absolute minimum and makes more noise when it folds and unfolds. The C990 accommodates users up to 350 pounds.
11. LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
- Rugged construction.
- Deck provides a nice, natural feel for walking or running.
- Long, 50-inch deck; you have plenty of room to move on this.
- O owerful 3.0 HP motor provides plenty of power.
- Folding deck for easy storage
- Large touchscreen with easy-to-read display
- 25 built-in workout programs.
Conclusion: The LifeSpan TR1200i is one of the most popular and best rated treadmills for home gyms. It’s not going to win any beauty contests, but it’s durable, powerful, and most importantly safe. The treadmill has a space-saving design that allows it to fold up for easy storage.
It comes with a 12-month warranty, so you can rest assured your investment is well-protected.
12. Confidence Fitness Magnetic Manual Treadmill
- Highly portable
- Easy to assemble and use
- Manual operation
- Can be used just about anywhere
- Adjustable incline and digital display
- Durable construction for home use
- The steps are very small and hard to start off
- Heavy and big, ideal for home use
The Confidence Fitness Classic manual treadmill is a highly portable home treadmill, perfect for the home user seeking a machine that is easy to use.
It is ideal for walking, jogging and running and available in an attractive black.
The treadmill features an easy to use handle for a twist start and has a compact size that allows it to be easily positioned wherever the user requires.
13. Weslo Cadence G 5.9i Treadmill,WLTL29615 New Model
- Uses space-saving folding mechanism.
- Has a high deck for taller individuals like myself.
- Easy to use.
- Lightweight and easy to move.
- Includes a 4.0 hp, 3.75 CHP motor.
- A solid and durable treadmill.
- Perfect for cardiovascular workouts.
- You can easily fold up the treadmill storage for convenient movement and storage.
- Perfect for heavy duty with excellent shock absorption and stability.
- Affordable treadmills for home use.
- The LCD display is too small and not very accurate.
- The fan is too loud, making it a little irritating to operate.
- The assembly is quite a big task.
- It does not have workout programs to choose from.
- It does not have folding capability for easy storage and portability.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9i treadmill is one of the best buy treadmill for home use thanks to its high lifting deck capacity.
Most individuals 5 feet and over find it easy to operate the treadmill which makes it highly recommendable.
It has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 pounds and is a great piece of equipment. It includes a strong motor with a long term reliability and covers an adequate amount of workout space.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best brand of treadmill for home?
When you are shopping for a treadmill, it is very important to consider the features to make sure it can handle anything you plan to do on it. Many treadmills are designed for jogging but some are for walking, running, or for a mixture of both. Think about the features you will need on your treadmill.
Things like shock absorbers, a raised back, heart monitor, programmable workouts and a good warranty should all be on your list. Like many things in life, you get what you pay for when you buy a treadmill. The more expensive it is, the better and more durable it will be.
What is the best treadmill for home use in Australia?
Treadmill is one of the top-ranked pieces of equipment for doing cardio. This is true for both home use and commercial gym use. It is important that you not only get a good treadmill that will last for a long time but also a treadmill that will meet your needs and goals. The best treadmill for home use will be portable. It should be compact enough to store out of the way but sturdy enough to withstand regular use. Having a treadmill that is space efficient and easy to use is the best way to maximize your workout.
What is the best home treadmill for walking?
A good treadmill can help you achieve your fitness goals for weight loss or weight training. It’s easy to become a couch potato when you are sitting and watching TV, but when you use a treadmill you are burning calories and increasing your fitness level.
There are two kinds of treadmills available to the home fitness enthusiast. The most-common is the traditional treadmill that includes the tread itself and is operated on a flat surface. The second, and more expensive, category is the foldable treadmill. Foldable treadmills often have a variety of settings such as heart rate monitors and built-in entertainment systems.
Foldable treadmills are intended to provide a full workout without taking up a lot of space. After you use them, you can easily fold them and put them away in a corner.
What is the best space saving treadmill?
The Stamina X Air Treadmill is one of the few treadmills in this price bracket that is able to work on inclines.
It has a 2.75 HP motor which is more than capable of taking on most users and its maximum speed is 10 km per hour.
12 PRESET PROGRAMS – Choose from 12 programs to follow, including a heart rate program, a speed intervals program, a calorie goal program and a comfort (1 to 6) program.
CUSHIONED INDOOR TREADMILL – The 9" x 48" comfort leading deluxe running surface is 1" thick with a soft, shock absorbing sponge layer. The treadmill also comes with an adjustable, cushioned V3 comfort cell shock absorption deck to ensure a more comfortable and smooth workout.
Incline and decline capabilities on treadmills?
Weight machines don't come much more sophisticated than a treadmill. These devices have been around for a long time and have proven to be a solid investment for bodybuilders and those just starting out.
Treadmills are one of the best ways to burn calories while doing cardio. They also have added health benefits since they exercise multiple muscle groups at the same time.
If you are a home gym owner, you may already know how expensive good equipment is, especially when it comes to high-quality running machines. Because of this, many people are turning to a great alternative, the treadmill.
|NordicTrack T Series Treadmills||Best Overall|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Electric Folding Treadmill||Budget Pick|