What shoes should you buy when you are overweight?
I am sure a lot of you were sitting there patiently thinking that it doesn’t matter what shoes you wear. Correct shoes matter and they make a difference.
Just because you are overweight does not mean you can wear anything you want. Most likely, you have a wider foot and bigger ankles. Shoes designed for people with smaller feet will not fit you properly.
We found that my feet got a hell of a lot of issues from poorly designed shoes. It was hard for me to find something that I was happy with and that didn’t bother my feet. Most shoes were too narrow and cut off my circulation.
You do not want to show up to the gym or run out to the neighborhood track with shoes that make you have a less than stellar workout. It is really important that you find a pair of running shoes that work for you.
It can be difficult finding shoes if your feet are bigger, but we have you covered. I have put together a list of the best running shoes for heavy runners in 2022.
|Brooks Mens Glycerin 17 Cushioned Road Running Shoe||Best Overall|
|ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe||Budget Pick|
|HOKA ONE ONE Mens Clifton 6 Running Shoe||Upgrade Pick|
1. Brooks Mens Glycerin 17 Cushioned Road Running Shoe
- Great cushioning and great support.
- Performs well on heavy runs.
- Made by Brooks, who is a leader in running shoe technology.
- Men’s style.
- Can be used by neutral runners.
- May be less ideal for longer distances.
- A bit high priced.
- Less ideal for people who like to run on hard surfaces.
- Doesn’t come in women’s sizes.
The Brooks Glycerin is a cross-training shoe that is ideal for men who run on the heavy side and have a high arch.
The Glycerin shoes were designed with a high level of cushioning for heavy runners. The shoes are designed with a unique DNA cushioning technology which provides great support and has a soft bounce.
The Glycerin foot bed is made with Brooks’ ASR technology which in turn helps control pronation. ASR technology is featured on many of the most innovative running shoe models.
2. ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
- Has a wide toe box.
- Offers good arch support.
- Breathable mesh fabric.
- Can offer a custom fit with the Lace Pocket system.
- Makes transitioning easy.
- Great upper-midsole stability.
- Spring-loaded heel.
- Very durable construction.
- Laces fit well.
- Great for long runs.
- Sizing is off.
- Sizing runs big.
- Little support.
- Little arch support.
- Price is a bit steep.
Some people prefer leather over synthetic, but they can be a little stinky. The Gel-Venture 6’s synthetic overlays mean they will probably be more comfortable for a lot of bigger guys.
There are a lot of shoe options, but I’m not sure if they will expand the shoe sizes and widen the toe box in the future. Only time will tell, but these can be good for a lot of big guys and provide good traction for trails and tough conditions like mud or rain, too, so they can meet the needs of a lot of big guys.
If you prefer a lot of support, I’d try a different shoe, but if you like a low profile shoe with a soft ride, you really can’t go wrong with these.
3. Saucony Men's Kinvara 9 Running Shoe
- Better grip in varied trail conditions than other low-burky shoes.
- 10mm drop, so they work well on smooth surfaces as well.
- Quick lacing system makes for easy on and off access.
- Plenty of support and a comfortable fit.
- Good traction and an efficient ride.
- Durable enough for long distance use and varied terrain.
- Well-cushioned for heavy runners.
- Not good for use on slippery surfaces.
- Material is thin and not very protective.
- Not supportive enough for running on heavy terrains.
- A little snug on the forefoot.
- Some reports of Achilles tendon pain.
This update of the Kinvara is a great casual or light trail running shoe that works well for heavy runners.
It gives you the same low-profile cushioning as the original with a little extra support.
The upper is breathable mesh with a sock-like construction. The sole is a full rubber design that provides plenty of traction on all surfaces.
4. HOKA ONE ONE Mens Clifton 6 Running Shoe
- Thermoformed EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning and support
- Full-length EVERUN topsole provides just the right amount of bounce and responsiveness
- Molded PUMA Formstrip at the lateral and medial sides for support and structure
- CMEVA midsole
- Padded collar and tongue for added comfort
- PUMA No. 1 Logo at tongue, quarter, and heel
- Padding in the midsole and collar is not enough.
- Only it is good looking, this pair of HOKA ONE ONE HOKA ONE ONE Mens Clifton 6 Running Shoe is also provides the comfort for you.
Black,10 M US.
In straight to the point, this pair of running shoes is a beast! Built for speed and agility, this men’s running shoe is designed for speed and agility. Strategic overlays and an ultra light midsole combine with a lightweight upper to create the most nimble and comfortable ride ever.
While it is constructed with full-length EVERUN topsole cushioning, the shoe also includes Zero-Drop construction, Waffle out-sole pattern, and a HOKA ONE ONE Speedboard.
5. Brooks Mens Beast '18
- Support for normal to high arches
- Form-fitted and very comfortable
- Durability rating is high enough that the shoes will last a long time
- Good for gait issues
- Not good for very low arches
- Might cost more than expected for this type of shoe
If you have a bigger feet size, especially for your weight, you will probably need large shoes for running. Here is the main features of running shoes for obese men with large feet. The Brooks Beast 18 is one of the acceptable choices for obese men and bring you a comfortable running experience.
These shoes are high enough to provide enough support for high arches. On the other hand, they are acceptable for normal to high arches. High arches force you to have to buy bigger shoes, but if you buy shoes that are too big for high arches, you will experience knee pain or other foot problems. Check more running shoes for men with diabetes or Thigh boots for men.
Speaking of the upper, it is made from a breathable mesh material so that your feet are able to breathe. The tongue is padded with foam so that it can provide comfort where is needed the most.
6. Saucony Men's Echelon 7 Running Shoe
- Ability to be used for running or walking
- Removable insole for customized fit and support
- Foot grip and support
- Readily accessible eyelets for lacing system
- Breathable mesh material
- Offers cushion and comfort during running.
- Can be worn both indoors and outdoors
- Summary Review: Designed for larger feet.
Saucony is a well-reputed brand for running shoes and the Echelon 7 fits like a glove. It has been designed for men needing support in their feet, arch, and back. The shoe looks stylish, is lightweight, and is breathable.
These shoes are designed for a neutral gait and accommodate various foot shapes and sizes. Its sole is made up of highly responsive materials, which provide great grip when you run. They are also made from lightweight materials that move with the foot to prevent injuries and offer a more natural stride.
The shoe’s upper is made from mesh material, which breathes easily. Its calf supportive is padded for your comfort.