Many people report losing their phone, keys, and money to keys, while running. Purses and fanny packs are cumbersome, and don’t offer much protection. Using special belts or small waist packs to store essential items is a good way to prevent them from falling out if you need to leave your pockets behind.
|SPIbelt Running Belt Large Pocket||Best Overall|
|Nathan Hipster Running Belt||Budget Pick|
|SPIbelt Endurance Running Belt||Upgrade Pick|
1. SPIbelt Running Belt Large Pocket
- Long enough to use as a universal length
- Well thought out pocket design with good placement
- Reflective design for safety
- Comfy and lightweight
- Doesn’t bounce while running
- Good pocket placement
- Not completely waterproof as claimed
- Fitting can be difficult
This running belt is loaded with features. It’s different from your average belt because it has lots of extra pockets to hold everything you need and then some. But, it’s not bulky and does not bounce around while you run.
It has a 26 oz water bottle holder so you can carry your hydration with you as you run. It attaches to the belt by using two flexible elastic straps so it stays in place. The belt is also extra long, so it will fit just about everyone.
It’s an attractive black with reflective lines, so it’s visible in low light conditions and stays in place. The hydration pouch has a wide mouth design so there’s no spillage. It’s easy to clean and has interchangeable color tops so you can mix it up.
2. SPIbelt Endurance Running Belt
- Complete security for all your possessions while enjoying your run.
- Slim & Secure.
- No one can grab or take your stuff while you are running
- No bounce felt while running.
- Real pockets within the belt to put your stuff: Keys, Phone, ID Card, Card, Cash, etc.
- Has limited space to put small items like keys, mobile phones, ID, etc.
- It's very tight and doesn't allow it to adjust very well.
This belt is an excellent option for things you don't want to carry in your hands while working out. The built-in pocket is elastic, allowing for the slim design that is essential for a belt meant to be worn while running.
The belt is also water resistant, which is great considering that sweat is a common mishap during running. It relieves stress, giving you added space and comfort, which allows you to effortlessly focus on the comfort of your run.
3. SPIbelt Running Belt
- Great for all types of cardio activities, including running and HIIT.
- Helps you stay hydrated during your fitness activities.
- Flexible reflective strap on the belt.
- Keeps your keys, phone, wallet secure.
- Great for both women and men.
- One size fits most (XS-XXL).
- Not suitable for the gym.
- For men it would be better to order a larger size than you usually wear
- Not practical for use when biking, unless you have a small phone.
This pouch is very practical for use during running, but it fits for other cardio activities and even for training and other exercise activities.
The key feature of this bladder is no bounce. It stays in place during all types of exercise.
The belt is comfortable and slip-proof.
4. FlipBelt – USA Original Patent
- Water resistant
- Adjustable belt “ very useful for both men and women
- Pockets are plenty for most needs
- Very strong magnet that holds the belt together
- Small compartment for smart phones, keys, and other small items
- Colors are limited
If you are looking for a belt that has a smaller size, holds a reasonable amount of stuff, and pulls your pants up, the Flip Belt® is the choice for the job.
It is a belt, but it also contains six pockets to hold valuables. This belt is great for working out and running. The belt slips over your pants and holds a water bottle in the larger pocket.
The four smaller pockets can hold keys, cards, lipstick, or a smart phone. This belt is very lightweight and comfortable. Baggy shorts do not work well with FlipBelt as they may not contain your key or phone.
5. Amphipod AirFlow Microstretch Belt
- Perfect size for use during any running activity
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Includes two separate pouches
- Has reflective tabs for safety at night
- Breathable mesh on front pouch to help keep you cool during humid conditions
- Easy-adjustable strap
- Available in four different colors
Our first runner’s belt is a lightweight, low-profile belt that’s great for long runs because it stays in place as you go and provides you with the comfort you need to focus on your run. The Amphipod AirFlow MicroStretch belt is lightweight, yet durable and has a breathable mesh pouch that will keep you cool and comfortable in the saddle as you run or bike.
It has an elastic fabric construction that is breathable and lightweight, yet very comfortable.
The belt itself is adjustable for you to customize it to your body and maximum comfort. There are two pockets on the belt: a main pocket and a smaller, front pocket. The main pocket is roomy enough to hold some water, small keys, gels, or other small items you need to carry. The smaller, front pocket is the perfect size for your running or cycling essentials.
6. The Belt of Orion
- Some users report no chemical odor after washing.
- Sturdy, secure, and strong, with a reinforced belt and a belt loop against your waste.
- Bring it to the gym, to the beach, on the road, and for travel.
- It will fit all phones and some cameras.
- The material has a weird smell to it.
- You need to size up.
This waist pack has a private pocket behind the vented pocket to keep your phone or gym pass. The main pouch has a large zipper that opens completely so you can see everything you have in it. It is 15 by 6.5 by 6.5 inches.
This running belt also has a mesh pocket on the outside for small items like keys and cards. There is also a D-ring to which you can attach a key fob.
This waist pack is available in black, gray, and ocean blue. It is made from high-quality nylon. It is comfortable to wear and you can combine it with other sports accessories.
7. Fitletic Neo Race Belt
- Adjustable, secure fit
- Breathable, lightweight mesh allows air flow, keeping you cool
- Belt is firm, but not hard and uncomfortable like others I’ve tried.
- Pouch isn’t too big, but still fits all my essentials
- The cell phone pouches can only fit Samsung phones up to an S4. If you have a larger phone, this belt is not for you. If you have an iPhone, this belt is probably too big.
- Pouch opens from the back, so if you stuff your pouch full, it could be hard to get your phone out.
This running belt is the best running belt for your iPhone. It is plenty big enough to fit an iPhone 6S Plus with a case on it, and an arm band or even a clear case can fit around it easily. Plus, at 6 inches wide, and about 1 inch tall, your phone is totally protected.
While I do recommend an armband or clear case, it’s interesting to note that most running belts have a point of entry at the top of the pouch where your phone can’t be tested. The Fitletic is essentially the only product on the market that almost completely protects your phone, and is the best running belt for women.
8. Running Belt
- Holds up to 4 cards or even your phone.
- Doesn’t bounce.
- Won’t ride up, even when running.
- Very low profile, hardly noticeable.
- Handmade with high-quality leather.
- Fraction of the cost of its competitors.
9. Fitletic Ultimate II Race Belt
- Has access to a water bottle.
- Wide and comfortable.
- Pee hole.
- Easy to use.
- Bladder is easy to clean.
- Machine washable.
- Wide fit.
- Affordable price point.
- It’s a little hot in the summer.
The Fitletic Ultimate II Race Belt holds everything you need in an exercise belt. It is ergonomically designed to fit securely over your hips and it is very comfortable as a result.
The belt has an almost waterproof pocket that you can use to store things like keys and smartphones and it is protected by a well-placed zipper so you can access it on the run or during a race.
The pocket can also be used to store your cell phone on the inside if you have a long sleeve top on or you desire additional security.
10. Nathan Hipster Running Belt
- The Nathan Hipster Running Belt has everything we like in a running belt:
Walking, Golfing, Biking, Hiking, Sports.
Very lightweight.… No bounce.… Great construction quality.
It’s the perfect size for a cellphone, keys, a few energy gels or a credit card plus some cash.
11. Runners Belt
- It's light, comfortable and looks great either as a running belt or discreet waist pack.
- It's made of the most durable, long lasting material.
- The strap is attractive and it's a very low profile belt.
- Breathable material allows air to flow.
- It's comfortable to wear.
- It's a sturdy, well-constructed sweat proof waistband that is very strong, reliable, and durable.
- The bag folds easily- very lightweight, and durable.
- You can support your device while listening to your favorite music.
- There is no pocket for the keychain.
- May not be the best option for extended use.
Runner's belt is a great belt for iPhone, no matter you are running, cycling, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, walking, etc. It provides comfortable, hands-free experience for you.
The running belt is lightweight, so you won't feel like you are carrying an extra load as you work up a sweat.
The belt is fully adjustable, and you can wear it either as a normal belt, or as a hidden waist pack.
12. BANDI Large Pocket Belt Holds Phone
- Slim and comfortable belt
- Breathable and flexible fabric
- Secure storage area for smart phone, keys, cards, or cash
- Offers several buckle options, both Velcro and normal
- Doesn’t hold sweat in
- Comfortable enough to wear all day
- You can wash and dry it when it gets dirty
- The area for your phone is a bit small
- The Velcro might not be large enough for some users
Executive Choice: 4.7 Star Rating View Price on Amazon
Summary: The BANDI Belt is a comfortable belt with a slim, flexible frame, which will keep you comfortable during your workouts. It is large enough to accommodate phones at almost any size, though it may not work well for men with larger phones.
13. Nathan Peak Hydration Waist Pack
- Big storage: Two large external pockets, one 4L expandable storage pouch, one small organizer compartment, and one soft mesh back pocket.
- Comfortable: Adjustable waist to fit waists up to 40 inches, high-quality elastic belt, rubber trim, and waist belt padding make it comfortable to wear.
- Plenty of pockets: There’s no shortage of storage. You have extra-large side pockets, organizes your gear and keeps your stuff safe.
- Accommodates a lot: The pouch expands to fit 18 oz. water bottles and the main compartment can fit a 3L hydration bladder.
- The belt is adjustable to accommodate waists up to 40 inches, and have plenty of extra room for adjustment if you’re on the taller side.
- The belt pockets are only about seven inches wide, so we’ve had a few issues with phones slipping and wearers having to hold onto them.
- Big back area (especially when expanded) can feel heavy after a day with a lot of water.
- Hook and loop fastener for closure could have been made stronger.
Fitness, Travel – The Solution for Active People.
14. PakRat Running Belt Waist Pack
- Ultra lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Adjustable waist belt fits up to a 48" waist
- No bounce
- 3 different sizes of pockets to accommodate your gear
- Reflective strips for visibility
- The “shoe pouch” is something of a misnomer as it is a very small pocket that won’t fit full size basketball or tennis shoes comfortably.
Plenty of Room for More with 9-Pocket Pack Pockets & Waist Strap Included for Long Runs & Workout/Crossfit.
This running belt sits at a very affordable price point and comes in 12 different colors so you can get the right look. It has 3 different sizes of pockets which means you can carry all your gear without your phone or keys bouncing around. It is made from a nylon and spandex blend which is comfortable to wear and helps it dry quickly.
All in all, a great buy if you want a running belt with a waist strap that will hold in place. It can be used for a variety of activities including CrossFit so you can take your best workout buddy with you wherever you go.
15. AVANTO Slim Fit Running Belt
- Sleek and attractive look
- Zip pocket on the wrist strap very convenient
- Comes with a 1-year guarantee
- Overweight people may find the waist pack to be uncomfortable to wear for the long-term.
For 3.5+ Inches Smartphone
Use-Case: This fanny/waist pack is appropriate for weight-loss training, daily exercise, walking or running, music festivals, travel and work. The best way to carry your phone, keys, passport, money, credit cards, headphones, driving license, keys, etc. Access to your items is easy through the zipper on the back.
Though they are no longer as popular as they once where, waist / fanny packs offer a number of benefits over regular bags. Especially for those who are traveling, going to a running race, or enjoying music festivals or other outdoors sports.
16. RooSportPLUS Magnetic Running Pouch
- Affordable price
- Double layered neoprene
- Large enough to hold your phone, keys, credit cards and a small snack.
This running belt is the perfect combination of function and style. It has a double layer of neoprene with a mesh lining in between that prevents rubbing and chaffing. This is a big plus for runners who want to maximize their comfort levels.
There’s a pocket for your phone and two smaller pockets for snacks, keys, ID cards and other small items. They’re also strategically placed so you can get to them when you’re on the move.
The most important detail about this running belt is the fit. It has an adjustable waist belt and buckle closure in case you want to wear it over your hips. The pocket is large enough to fit even the largest smartphones like the iPhone 7 Plus. Plus, it will never bounce or shift when you’re on the run.
17. Soren Running Belt
- The belt is made of high-quality materials. The belt is made with thick elastic and soft neoprene fabrics.
- Ventilation is provided from mesh openings in the waist belt.
- The belt is offered in 8 different fun colors.
- The belt offers four pockets. The pockets are large enough to carry essentials. The pockets are made using high-quality materials with zippers.
- The belt also offers a cell phone pocket. This pocket is large enough to fit the cell phone.
- The belt also offers a pouch that is large enough to hold car keys. The pouch can also hold other items.
- The belt features a hydration pouch. This pouch can hold fluids or gels.
- The belt offers an extra mesh pocket. This pocket can be used to hold essentials.
- The belt is made in the USA from imported materials.
- The belt features a superior design. The belt is designed with delicate skills.
- The belt will need to be washed with care.
- The belt might stretch out over time.
Gym Workouts & Hiking.
18. SPIbelt Waterproof
- It features a generous-sized compartment to fit your cell phone, keys, ID, credit cards and small bottles.
- SPIBELT No bounce The belt is so effective that the word bounce does not exist in the companys vocabulary.
- SPIbelt is waterproof. So if you get caught in the rain or go swimming, there is no need to worry. Your items will not get wet.
- This belt is available in four sizes and two colors (black or blue).
- HIGHLIGHTS: Waterproof (buckle is sealed), can hold up to 10 pounds, expandable, key clip, reflective safety strip, cell phone pocket.
- DRY SPIBELT technology keeps your stuff dry even in the wettest weather.
- Teach your children proper hydration habits with this hydration and sport belt designed specifically for kids.
- Lots of storage compartments!
- The locks can be a little difficult to push in especially when you’re wearing gloves.
- The belt really only holds the flat or smaller sized phones.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best hydration belt for running?
The Kriega US8 is a highly popular hydration belt that is designed specifically for runners. It includes two 4-liter bladders, compression straps to enhance stability and rear tension control to make it more comfortable to wear. Its ¾-inch waist belt is also purpose-built for running. With all of these features, count on the Kriega US8 for stable, reliable hydration, even on long races.
It is worth noting that the US8 is incredibly simple. When you put it on, you fill the two bladders, tie them in place and head out the door. Because you don't have to mess with straps, buckles or a back protector, you can get out the door and running in no time.
What is the best running waist pack?
The best running belt/runners belt is lightweight, dependable and comfortable. Comfort that you won't even know or feel you have on. Ensure it has a phone zip pocket and at least one other compartment so you can store your keys and ID in it too. Use the waist belt for your every-day-carry items like phone, credit card, ID and a small comb.
If you run in the summer time, belt packs with cooling chamber would be very nice. A bottle is a great way to keep hydrated during your run. Some of these running belts have storage for keys and even have a tiny pocket to fit a USB drive.
How do you carry your phone while running?
I run an iPhone and my wife has an Android. Both work well with the belt. I've had lots of 3rd party armband and belt cases that did not work in any way, but an iPhone works great. A plastic, rugged case is nice because the phone has some heft to it and can mash up with a very light case otherwise.
The best basic item to get is a phone case that allows your phone to sit in landscape mode. That way you use the full screen to run apps while running. Just this basic feature makes these belts so much better than armbands.
I have the belt with the large pocket, it also includes a key clip and a small zippered pocket. I usually have my keys in that pocket and a chapstick in the pouch.
I also tried a fitness tracker with the belt. Both the fitbit charge and the fitbit altimeter work in the belt.
Can you run with a fanny pack?
I prefer to run without anything in my pockets because I don’t want my items bouncing and that’s with or without a belt. The downside to this is I am at risk of my keys or my phone falling out of my pockets. To avoid this I prefer to wear a running belt or a small waist pack. I’ll compare both of the running belts that I own below.
From the companies listed above, here are our top picks for the best running belt for exercise 2021. If you are looking to run safely and listen to music or
Take calls while running or walking, we suggest you consider our top recommendations below.
|SPIbelt Running Belt Large Pocket||Best Overall|
|Nathan Hipster Running Belt||Budget Pick|
|SPIbelt Endurance Running Belt||Upgrade Pick|