Who doesn't love delicious, creamy, protein-rich smoothies?
And here's the best part…you can start drinking them in just a few minutes…
And… what if you could be adding protein to your diet, instead of just adding calories?
There's a good chance you're not consuming enough protein. That's because most American diets lack this vital macronutrient. In fact, according to the USDA, the average American only gets about 16% of his daily calories from protein.
Still think a protein shake is just for skinny "gym junkies"?
So, what's the best way to increase your protein intake?
Protein shakes can be a great way to get your daily fix of protein. And not only do you get plenty of protein from protein shakes, but you also get rich and creamy milk and a satisfying thick shake.
Are you making protein shakes on a regular basis but they're just not the same without "a spoonful of sugar"?
There's no need to put sugar in your shake when you can just choose to buy protein that's already sweetened. This won't affect the amount of protein that you get, but will improve the taste of your shakes.
There are 4 main sources of protein, and they all have benefits, offering virtually any combination of health and bodybuilding benefits.
Here is a list of some of the most popular types:
|Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder||Best Overall|
|Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein Powder||Budget Pick|
|True Nutrition Micellar Casein Protein||Upgrade Pick|
1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
- High protein concentrate
- Contains digestive enzymes
- Includes BCAAs
- Organic and gluten-free
- Taste is fantastic
- Low calorie
- Lower amino acid levels than some competing products
- Higher sugar
- Lacks prebiotics and probiotics
- High sodium levels
This product from Optimum Nutrition is one of the most popular whey protein supplements on the market right now. It is made using whey protein isolate to provide more protein in a smaller volume, and this is a great benefit for people who need quality protein, but not a lot of extra space.
This product also includes a number of important nutrients, including chromium and digestive enzymes to help improve the rate of nutrient absorption and digestion. It also contains a small amount of glutamine, as this can promote wound healing and muscle recovery after a challenging workout.
The taste of this product is also worth noting. Optimum Nutrition uses double chocolate to flavor its whey protein powder, and this flavor is so good that people enjoy drinking it even when they are not preparing a protein shake. It mixes easily, which can also help improve the taste.
2. MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
- Great taste.
- Quality protein.
- Low in fat and cholesterol.
- Many flavors to choose from.
- Very inexpensive.
- Halal and kosher certified.
- May be a tad gritty-feeling to some consumers.
- Not the easiest protein powder on the market to mix.
- Protein blend is not as high as protein powders in this price range.
- Some consumers complain about what they perceive as a chalky consistency.
This protein powder is of high quality, but has a few minor issues that keep it a bit lower on our list. The protein is not the purest form of protein powder, containing soy isolate as its base.
In our Best Protein Powder guide, we prefer whey protein isolate or whey protein hydrolysate, which are silkier in texture and taste. This product is also somewhat gritty-feeling, and its chalky taste can be off-putting for many consumers.
It also has a low protein blend, with whey protein concentrate as the biggest proportion. Despite these issues, consumers seem to be satisfied with its performance for the price.
3. Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein Powder
- Clean protein without any extra fillers
- Excellent amino acid profile
- Protein is made with from non-denatured, bio-active whey protein sources
- Mixes nicely with no chunks
- Great vanilla taste
- Mixes well with fruit and nut butters
- Good price point for the quality received
- There are several flavors.
- High amount of sugar in this product.
- Reported to cause stomach ache.
- Some flavors are chalky.
The Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein Powder is a good choice for your bodybuilding protein powder. It is not made of soy protein and it's flavor is delicious. If you're a fan of vanilla, you'll probably enjoy this protein powder as much as the homemade desserts you used to make. The price is a little expensive, but when you think about how much protein you are getting, it's worth the price. The protein shakes that you can make with this powder taste really good and are similar to what the protein powder shake companies make. You might even like this product better than what you can buy in the stores, and you wouldn't have to worry about the fillers and sweeteners they are using.
The ingredients used in Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein are excellent. The Dymatize Hybrid class 100% Whey Protein has several things that sets it apart from its competitors. First, it has whey protein. Whey protein is a highly concentrated source of essential amino acids that are required by the body to function properly. It is also a rich source of lactose and it attracts water and becomes very smooth, thick and creamy. Additionally, Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein has a quick absorption and fast digesting factors due to the added Alpha-Lactalbumin protein. This will help to digest faster. It also contains a BCAA (branched chain amino acids) blend including amino acids like leucine, which helps lengthen endurance and may delay fatigue. It also reduces muscle breakdown and increases muscle development. Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein contains high performance insulin-modulating factors, making it easier for your body to absorb and regulate blood sugar. Insulin helps to regulate your body's use of fat and its storage of carbohydrates.
4. Myprotein® Impact Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- Varieties of flavors and products
- Affordable products
- All products are safe for sensitive individuals
- Private label available
- Slight after taste in some products
- May be too sweet for some products
Myprotein is a sizeable supplier of protein powder and related fitness products. The company has a very impressive range of products including whey protein, casein protein, vegan protein, and essential amino acid supplements.
They also offer a range of tasty ‘endurance’ products including high caffeine gels, electrolyte tablets and products, and pouches for your water.
Myprotein also has a great range of protein bars. These bars are all gluten free. They contain no trans fats, no artificial sweeteners, and they are low in calories.
5. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Micellar Casein Protein Powder
- High protein content with low carbs and fat making this a perfect post workout shake.
- Casein protein, the gold standard for slow digesting protein.
- Can be used for meal replacement and to meet dietary needs, particularly for those who follow low-carb diets.
- Micellar casein protein is very stable, meaning it keeps well and can be kept for several months without spoiling.
- It has a rich, chocolate taste.
- A good source of lactose, so those who are not intolerant do not usually experience problems.
- Some people may experience gastrointestinal issues if they are lactose intolerant.
- Some report it has an “eggy” texture which may not be for those with sensitive palates.
When looking to buy protein powder, it is important to make sure you are selecting the most suitable option for your own personal situation. Whether you are a bodybuilder, fitness trainer, athlete or someone who is just trying to improve their health a protein powder is a highly important commodity. With so many brands and options available on the market and out there what are the advantages of each?
Now if you are someone looking to work out at the gym and maintain your fitness levels or build your muscles you are going to need a protein powder of good quality and something that is going to assist your recovery from vigorous training.
A casein protein is known to be the best source of protein to use for this. A casein powder is going to provide a source of amino acids which are the building blocks of all protein, but more importantly will be slowly digested so it will give you long-lasting energy which is important when you are working out. Additionally, casein doesn’t cause the spike of insulin that some other whey powders do which is important for both long term muscle growth and for keeping fat levels under control.
6. VPX Zero Carb Protein
- High protein content
- Multiple flavors available
- Lowest carb protein powder
- High in effectives bioactive compounds
- Vanilla flavor is very mild
- Some people may not like the oddly long protein-mixing time
- Rude taste
At the top of our recommended list is this Zero Carb Protein Powder from VPX. It delivers high concentrations of quality protein in a very low-carbohydrate, easy-mixing powder that is ideal for your health-conscious lifestyle. The flavor is mild and delivers a natural vanilla flavor ideal for high-fat dieters.
This blend also provides high bioactive compounds at a low calorie cost. Each serving provides over 25 grams of protein that mixes easily. The protein is also low in carbohydrates.
Each serving contains 2.5 grams of carbohydrates, 50 calories and 17 grams of protein. This protein powder is ideal for those who need to cut carbs or are on the Atkin’s diet.
7. Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Raw Hemp Seed Protein Powder
- No additives or preservatives
- Long shelf life
- Good way to add protein to meals
- Fast digesting and easily digested raw protein seed powder
- Mixes easily into smoothies
- Good protein source
- Expensive, but worth it.
- Lower quality than other
- Contains sugar
The Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder is a great protein powder that offers many health benefits. This protein powder comes in a thick, creamy consistency that stirs very easily into your smoothies. It offers 14 grams of plant-based protein per serving and is 100% plant-based, non-GMO, organic protein from hemp seeds.
Its raw, cold-pressed, non-GMO hemp seeds are also a great source of fiber and essential amino acids. This plant protein powder offers a clean, smooth, creamy taste and comes in 2 great flavors: vanilla and chocolate.
People who suffer from lactose intolerance, fiber deficiency, or gluten intolerance should consider adding the Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder to their diets because it’s completely dairy-free, soy-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free.
8. Muscle Milk Pro Series Protein Powder
- Delicious vanilla flavor
- Boosts muscle protein synthesis
- 25% less fat compared to their other proteins
- High in protein
- Solubility is very good in water
- Mixes easily, no clumps
- Taste is not too sweet
- Minimal aftertaste
- Very low sugar (0g)
- Highly bioavailable. Amino acids are easily digested.
Muscle Milk powder is a well-liked supplement among the pro body building circles due to the way that it tastes, mixes, and provides a balanced amount of essential nutrients.
The protein powder consists of both fast and slow digesting proteins.
Fast digesting proteins are best suited for post workout to support your muscle gains and slow digesting proteins are best suited for before bedtime smoothie as they will keep your body anabolic all night long.
9. True Nutrition
- Lowest carbs of any whey protein powder
- 85% pure whey, tastes great, mixes well, no extra fillers
- Highest protein content of any whey protein powder
- Whey protein isolate (WPI) and whey protein concentrate (WPC)
- 90 servings per container
- A bit pricey, but worth the cost when you consider the quality of the protein and calorie count.
- 4 grams of sugar per serving in chocolate fudge brownie flavor
Many people that are on high protein diets use protein supplements to increase protein levels in their diet. But if you are worried about all the carbs in other protein products, then this whey protein product has only 2.5 grams of carbs per serving.
With 85% protein content (and the other 15% is essential amino acids, vitamins, and electrolytes) you will need fewer servings to get the same protein level with other protein products. It's great for people that dont want to buy a lot of protein powder product and have a lot of servings in their house. It's also great for the on-the-go athlete or gym rat who doesn't have time to make protein shakes at home before hitting the gym.
With 35 servings per container, you will take a lot less trips to the grocery store for protein powder. It mixes well and makes the best tasting protein shakes, according to many users. The chocolate fudge brownie flavor tastes especially good. Many people like it even more than traditional chocolate or vanilla protein shakes. It works well in both chocolate and vanilla based protein shakes – it gets the consistency just right so you can't tell the flavor difference.
10. Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein Powder
- Created to be very clean, pure whey isolate that’s perfect for post-workout recovery or anytime protein needs
- Added digestive enzymes and antioxidants to assist in protein synthesis
- Contains no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or hidden fillers
- Gluten-free formula
- Delightful taste; not at all chemical-tasting in any way
- Contains 25 grams of hydrolyzed proteins which are absorbed at up to 10x the rate of non-hydrolyzed proteins
- Reduced fat, lactose, and carb content
- Delicious and comforting whey flavor
- Mixes extremely well with just water, and can be added to any liquid or food for an instant protein boost
- The price per pound is a bit on the high side
- There are some uncolonized species of dairy that may create gas and bloating in sensitive individuals
- Compared with eggs and some other proteins, it may be lacking in the essential amino acid, lysine
- The 2.2 pound tubs have a tendency to retain moisture and stick to the bottoms of their bags.
Unflavored, and Chocolate.
The Dymatize ISO Protein Powder is one of the best whey protein powders available. Being 100% hydrolyzed means that it will be digested quite quickly. This makes it a preferred choice by many athletes and bodybuilders. It contains no artificial ingredients, flavorings, or fillers.
It is a very pure and clean protein that tastes fantastic and mixes incredibly well with just water. This flavor of protein powder is unflavored, which gives you an excellent platform on which to build your own flavors for adding into smoothies or other drinks.
11. Biochem 100% Whey Isolate Protein
- Chocolate flavor is rich and delicious
- Mixed easily
- Includes glutamine and BCAAs
- Contains no fillers, trans, or artificial ingredients
- No refrigeration required
- Some say the flavor could be a bit better, but most customers love it.
- Biochem 100% Whey Protein Isolate delivers 30 grams of protein with no fillers for only 100 calories.
Biochem 100% Whey Protein Isolate is the best budget protein out there. You will not find a whey protein isolate with so few calories at this low a cost. It is 100% pure whey protein isolate, and with no filler, you can be sure you are getting what you pay for and nothing more.
The texture and consistency are both great. It mixes better than most other whey isolates. It mixes easily with a spoon, blender, or shaker without clumping. The taste is great; it hasn’t been overly sweetened. The chocolate flavor is rich and delicious.
Many of the customers who bought this protein say they’ve tried a lot of different brands and believe Biochem is one of the best out there. Most people say the taste is great, especially the chocolate flavor.
12. BodyMe Organic Vegan Protein Powder Blend
- Source of protein derived from:
- -chia seeds
- -organic pea protein
- -organic hemp protein
- A good source of fiber
- Contains non-GMO ingredients
- Fairly low carb count for protein powders
- Contains both beneficial fats (omega 3 fatty acids) and dietary fiber
- Unflavored is fairly bad tasting
- Only 90 servings of protein per container…very low calorie-wise
- Serving size is only 1 TBSP, when other protein powders are 2 TBSP
- Weight is very low at only 1kg
- Expensive for a protein powder
If you’re looking for a plant-based vegan-friendly protein powder that doesn’t have a lot of extra preservatives, sweeteners or sugars in it, the BodyMe Organic Vegan Protein Powder Blend is a good choice.
It has a decent amount of protein per serving, but only a single serving (1 TBSP) is quite small. So if you like protein shakes, you’re going to be having a lot of them.
It’s fairly low in carbs for a protein powder, too. It’s easy to digest, a good choice for anyone with sensitive digestive issues, and it’s gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free, too. It’s made of ingredients that are grown without the use of synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.
13. BSN Syntha-6 Whey Protein Powder
BPI has NO artificial colors, fillers, and ingredients.
It can be used as a morning beverage, pre-workout powder, or even as a meal replacement.
It is a great source of high quality protein and high in BCAA (branched-chain amino acids).
14. Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder
- Rich taste
- Best organic protein shake
- Cheapest whey protein powder for mass gainers
- Rich mixability
- Best vanilla protein powder
- Slightly higher sugar content (from all the non-dairy)
- Too much artificial sweeteners
Top Supplements Recommendation:
A great organic protein powder, Muscle Milk’s rich taste and mixability make it perfect for people who are diabetic and for anyone who wants a delicious drink after a grueling workout.
If you’re looking for a mass gaining protein powder, look no more, you found one of the best here. This body building supplement has such a high protein content that your blood-glucose levels may rise significantly.
15. Animal Whey Isolate Whey Protein Powder
- Highly digested whey isolate protein; fast hitting BCAAs; ultra low sugar
- Certified in organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and soy
- The smell of whey protein is slightly different from the taste.
Whey protein isolate protein (90%) that is made from ultra-pure whey protein. This protein is high in BCAAs that help stimulate muscle growth and repair. It also has little fat, lactose, and carbohydrates that improve post workout recovery.
The whey protein isolate protein is 20 grams of pure protein per scoop. To gain the best results with animal whey protein isolate, its best mixed with water. Then combine it in your daily smoothie mix and even other recipes.
Although this tastes great, there are other flavors like strawberry and banana cream. This whey protein isolate protein powder can be used before, during, and after your workout to add quality protein.
16. PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder
- Helps you build muscle.
- Made with organic pea protein.
- Zero added sugar.
- Tastes great.
- Doesn’t dissolve very well.
- A few people reported stomach bloat and gas.
Would I buy this product again? Yes. (Although my local grocery store sells it for less.)
We continue to use this protein powder because we love the taste, and it’s made with organic pea protein instead of whey protein.
I’ve been making protein muffins with it, and they’re delicious. When I mix it with non-dairy milk, it dissolves and doesn’t clump. When I make a shake, it’s good right away, unlike the 100% whey protein, which takes a few minutes to dissolve.
17. Myprotein® THE WHEY Protein Powder
- Extensive range of flavors to suit all tastes.
- Great quality and value for money.
- Myprotein brand has been rated amongst the top.
- Suited for all kinds of enthusiasts.
- Has been formulated to meet the requirements of professional athletes.
- This protein does contain whey concentrate.
Protein is an essential part of your diet when you are dieting, building muscle, or trying to keep body weight stable. One of the best whey protein powders is the MyProtein's The Whey Protein Powder. It is one of MyProtein's highest grade protein powders which helps you to build muscle, lose weight, and is suitable for vegetarians as well.
The MyProtein brand has been developed to cater to the needs of the health conscious, athletic enthusiasts, and people who are looking to achieve their health goals in a more convenient and effective way.
This protein powder is a combination of protein complex that is absorbed by the body very easily. The formula has been enriched with BCAA and Glutamine which help with recovery, building lean muscle, and weight maintenance.
18. True Nutrition Micellar Casein Protein
- High-quality casein protein at a reasonable price
- A great addition to your pre-sleep smoothie
- Gluten-free and uses all-natural ingredients
- Comes in many sizes
- A reasonable amount of protein for a reasonable price
- Some users report it not dissolving completely
- A bit high in sugar (the reason for the great taste)
True Micellar Casein is a high-quality casein protein supplement with a great amino-acid profile. It contains a good amount of BCAAs and other essential and non-essential amino acids. Many other casein powders use artificial sweeteners, but the makers of True Micellar Casein broke from industry norms and used natural stevia to sweeten their product.
With 19 grams of protein in every scoop, it’s a great addition to your pre-sleep smoothie.
It’s also available in 5 lb. and 15 lb. tubs, and you can choose from a variety of flavors to blend in smoothies, coffee, or just have milk with.
19. NOW Sports Nutrition
- Contains Whey protein isolate and other whey protein concentrates.
- Contains whey protein hydrolysate.
- Has a creamy texture that mixes well.
- Has a very high protein content.
- Contains 70% of the daily value of high-quality protein in each serving.
- Contains probiotic and digestive enzymes for added digestive support.
- Has a Gestation-friendly formula that is ideal for expectant mothers.
- Contains leucine, which makes this product perfect for building lean muscle mass, aiding in recovery from workouts, and aiding in fat loss.
- Contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- Contains no colors from artificial sources.
- Some consumers didn’t appreciate the addition of the probiotic.
- Some consumers felt that the taste was not very good.
The NOW Sports Nutrition, Certified Organic Whey Protein, 1-Pound is a high-quality protein powder that comes in a wide variety of flavors. But its best feature is its farm fresh taste.
This product contains no colors from artificial sources, and it’s made with non-GMO ingredients. It’s also gluten free, contains no artificial flavor, has no added sugar, and has a high protein content. It’s perfect to use as a protein shake after a workout or as a protein shake for breakfast.
This product has a creamy texture that mixes well and has a smooth, slightly sweet taste. These features make it ideal for use with many types of high protein recipes, including hot chocolate, pancakes, waffles, muffins, brownies, oatmeal, smoothies, and more.
20. EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder
- Tastes great
- No sugar added
- Rich Vanilla flavor
- Mixes easily
- Easy to digest
- Fewer calories than similar whey powders
- Some people reported delay in shipment.
- Low-quality packaging and flimsy tubs
- Some reports of receiving expired product
- Some slight chalky taste
- Some people reported getting blisters in their mouth after drinking this protein powder
Anyone who is a fan of whey powder needs to have this EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder in their pantry. It is a dependable choice for workout supplements.
It comes from a reputable brand, and is made from a high-quality whey protein blend. This newest formula of EAS Whey protein is so smooth and creamy, and it makes great-tasting protein shakes.
It’s ideal for athletes, bodybuilders, and everyone in between. EAS 100% Whey Protein turns flavorless liquids like milk and water into tasty protein drinks. If you enjoy after-school snacks, you can even mix your chocolate and peanut butter whey powder into your chocolate milk. It’s ideal for any meal of the day.
21. Dymatize Elite XT Extended Release Whey & Casein Protein
- Double layered with very tight seal.
- Very nice protein powder Taste.
- Keeps you full for a long time.
- Great value for the price.
- Very effective at reducing cravings for sweets and junk foods.
tastes just a little weird if you take it on its own. I like to mix it with a little Stevia and either have it as a pudding after a workout or as a shake with protein and some berries. The taste is a little better this way.
If you are like me and have a hard time getting rid of cravings for sweets you absolutely have to try this protein powder. I’ve been lifting for almost 40 years and have tried A LOT of protein powders over the years. This one has hands down been the best. * It has no fillers * Gluten-Free * Dissolves easily * Controls hunger * No-taste * Great value for the price. As long as Dymatize Elite XT is on the market I won’t try another brand.
A great tasting, no-taste, and high-quality protein to take after a workout. When mixed with water it takes a bit of stirring to get it smooth for drinking. It’s comparable to some of the more expensive whey protein mixes I’ve tried.
22. NOW Sports Whey Protein Isolate
- 100% Whey Protein Isolate from Grass-Fed Cows
- No Added Soy or Sugar
- 16 Grams of Whey Protein in Every Scoop
- 5 lbs of Whey Protein Isolate per Tub
- Great impact on Muscle Growth
- Possible GI issues for some sensitive people
- Contain a lot of sugar
- Contain some ingredients not natural
In a recent clinical study conducted by a reputed company that has been active for over three decades now, it was determined that the NOW Sports Whey Protein Isolate has the ability to increase the body’s immunity. It is comprised of two different types of Protein, i.e. 80% Whey Protein Isolate and 20% Whey Concentrate.
Although there might be some ingredients that might not be natural in this protein product, their inclusion has been made in order to make it more compatible with the other flavored items that are available on the market.
23. Biochem 100% Organic Plant Protein
- Mixes easily in a shaker.
- Tastes great.
- Low in sugar.
- Contains high levels of essential amino acids.
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, and Soy Free
- The ingredients are all sourced from the USA which is great in terms of quality and making sure you are getting what you are paying for
- High in calcium which has been linked to brain health and cognitive sharpness.
- A bit expensive when compared to other brands.
- It doesn’t have as many BCAAs as some of the other brands.
Biochem is a good brand for those of you who are looking for a vegetarian-friendly protein powder. That means it’s not made with any animal products.
This is very important for vegan and vegetarian diets or for people that do not eat meat products for health reasons or religion.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best protein supplement on the market?
To choose the best protein powder among thousands in the marketplace it is better to look at customer reviews and most importantly look at ingredients and protein content. Some products have over 11g protein per serving, while others have as low as 3g per serving.
Proteins are not all the same, they have different amino acid profiles, different preferences, different absorption rates and different benefits. Some, mostly plant based, like hemp, are also 100% organic. Others, like whey products, are non-organic and, although they work, you can experience a bloat after due to its higher rate of lactose.
Personally I prefer plant-based protein powders like pea, brown rice and hemp protein. Their properties and amino acid profiles are different from animal based protein powders.
What protein powder do doctors recommend?
The medical journal, The Lancet reviewed Randomized Controlled Trials comparing the effectiveness of protein-supplementation with (whey) and without resistance-exercise training in healthy adults, and found that protein supplementation combined with energy-restricted diets was more effective for weight loss that energy restriction only.
So what does this mean? At the end of the day, you are what you eat. Improving the quality of your diet, revamping your nutritional habits, and getting rid of soda, junk food, cookies, and pizza will make remarkable changes in your energy level, cognitive ability, and overall physical wellbeing.
What are the top 5 protein powders?
Most of us have just three downfalls when it comes to the protein powder selection process:
What is the best protein powder 2021?
Milk and eggs are the most common sources of quality protein. However, we also use pork, beef, chicken, fish, and turkey in our diet. All these foods are great sources of protein, but how do you know that the protein you are getting from whey protein is better than the protein you are getting from eggs or fish protein? Another important factor to consider when working out your diet is your needs.
A post-workout shake is the one-shots protein that you may need as opposed to the all-day protein that you may need. There are many different protein powders on the market, but whey protein is one of the best sources of protein that is easy to get.
Thank you for taking the time to read this review! We have prepared this guide to help you eliminate the guesswork when it comes to picking a quality protein powder.
Protein powders are an excellent way to get high-quality protein into your diet since they can fill you up, and keep you feeling full longer than most foods. Plus, they can be added to shakes, smoothies, oatmeal… just about anything!
Protein powders allow you to consume an adequate amount of protein at every meal without consuming excessive amounts of saturated fats and carbohydrates. The fermented soybean yeast, also called the konjac plant, is a great source of dietary fiber, while adenosine, neuropeptide Y, and glucagon all increase the energy expenditure of your body.
Sometimes even the best protein powders can’t provide you with everything you need for the proper nutrition. Other times we can get all we need from them. The choice is up to you!
Here are the 17 best-selling protein powder brands for the year 2021. You can purchase them now online by clicking on the links to Amazon on the links above.
|Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder||Best Overall|
|Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein Powder||Budget Pick|
|True Nutrition Micellar Casein Protein||Upgrade Pick|