Power towers have several advantages over free-standing towers.
For starters, they take up less space. A power tower also offers a full range workout, seamlessly integrating different exercises into one continuous workout.
Plus, power towers usually come with a pull-up bar, adding another dimension to your routine.
In this review, we present you with our picks for the best power towers, which offer the best exercises with a versatile oversize pull-up bar. We also provide tips on how to choose the right power tower for your individual needs.
Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
What Are Power Towers?
Power towers are at home in a lot of gyms, with their sleek design and versatility. In terms of features, these are similar to the standard free-standing tower, but they also feature an oversize pull-up bar.
Power towers are a good choice if you don’t have much space and you like to work out at home.
|Steelbody Strength Training Power Tower Pull Up & Dip Station VKR Home Gym STB-98501||Best Overall|
|Weider Power Tower||Budget Pick|
1. Steelbody Strength Training Power Tower Pull Up & Dip Station VKR Home Gym STB-98501
- Easy Assembly
- Sturdy, durable construction
- Perfect dimensions 9 (height) x 6 x 8ft (width & length)
- Can accommodate for all types of routines – from bodyweight workouts to weight lifting
- A very high quality product
- Can be folded into 2 separate pieces for easy storage
- Carry handle on top of each piece for easy move or lift
- Durable and long lasting product
- This product is shipped and sold in bulk and may require some minor oil and re-lubrication for the joints and bolts
- It's quite heavy for its size so lifting it to a higher level can be challenging
The product is air tight and is very sturdy and heavy. It consists of two pieces of equipment stacked on top of each other (the bottom features a pull-up bar, a dip bar, a sit up bar with a back support, and a knee raise/muscle up station). The top piece which supports the weight of the barbells features the seat where one can do leg raises, bench press etc.
The instructions are pretty straightforward and it should take you around 1-2 hours to set it up, depending on the experience of the person to follow the instructions and for the proper tools and equipment.
The instructional DVD provided is very helpful and it also offers a good workout regimen for the beginner. The fitness equipment itself is very versatile and it can accommodate a wide array of exercises and routines. It can be used from body-weight workouts to weight lifting. If you are a body builder or a power lifter, you can easily move the rope to the higher sitting position to do pull-ups and chin-ups.
- Very sturdy
- Low price
- Can hold up to 300 Ibs
- Safe – Very little framing exposed
- Easy to setup & store
- Little adjustments – Transform from pull up bar to press up bar
- Easy to assemble, only 60 minutes needed
- Comes with silver & black pads + an instruction guide
- The dip bar is wider so, some people might find it uncomfortable.
This tower- pull up bar– & dip station is a good value for your money. It’s very sturdy and can support up to 300 lbs. This strength is thanks to the thick, durable framing and the non-skid padding that is securely into place.
The design is almost entirely hidden so you can’t see any of the framing, allowing you to utilize all the space in your home. This is a handy feature since it means you can use the area you would have otherwise needed for the pull-up bar for other activities.
It has the classic pull-up bar that is great for beginners and advanced individuals. It also includes a dipping station for your upper body.
3. Body Champ VKR1010 Fitness Multi Function Power Tower/Multi Station
- Affordable power tower for home gym and multifunctional training.
- Comes with dip station, pull-up station, shoulder press, push-up station, and sit-up station.
- Easy to assemble, space-saving, sturdy, and sturdy.
- Sports equipment storage bag included.
- Ideal for both men and women.
- A fit for 3 users.
- Not recommend for users over 6 feet 5 inches tall
- No serious complaints yet mentioned.
Also, there are no customer complaints or concerns about the product and we found far few reviews from any of the users (~60 reviews, most of them 5-star).
The Body Champ VKR10 Power Tower is an awesome piece of gear that comes with many features that are beneficial to the weight lifter and a fit for people of all ages, gender and fitness level.
The Body Champ VKR10 also has a step into design that makes it unique from the other similar tables available in the market. This product can be used by multiple users with ease. It has a very solid construction making it durable and strong.
4. Stamina 65-1460 Outdoor Fitness Power Tower
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to transport
- Includes dip handles and pull-up bar
- Cheap, affordable
- Padded seat and back
- Space-efficient design
- Lightweight & portable
- Double-grip pull-up bar
- Padded seat and back
- The holes are not threaded
- The base doesn’t have padding
- The exercise progressions are not listed.
This is a durable power tower that provides you with a convenient workout with a simple design. It is super cheap and affordable, and it can easily hold a 300-lb. person. Each and every bar and the top straps are padded with comfortable foam, making it soft to the touch and comfortable to use.
The unit features adjustable nylon straps that you can use to hold the foot bar while you are exercising. Though it doesn’t have a dip station, you can buy the Stork Stand Dip Attachment if you want one. It is an excellent attachment for people who want to add dips to their workout regimen.
Overall, it provides you with a tremendous workout when used in conjunction with the pull-up bar. It is very sturdy and strong, and it feels durable. The height of the unit can be easily adjusted by moving the pegs. It is a very solid tower and it is ideal for home or outside use, as it is compact enough to be stored in a garage, a closet, or the attic.
5. HARISON Multifunction Power Tower Pull Up Dip Station
- 4 inch Vibration and Decline Bench
- Can hold up to 300 lbs max
- High weight capacity
- Solid build and sturdy
- No wobbling when fully extended
- Comfortable and can accommodate most height people
- Sturdy and stable, does not shake during exercise
- Split design which allows vertical and horizontal movement
- Has protective pads under bar and support brackets
- Rubberized pull up bars which provide slip-free grip
- Bar is hard plastic
- The bench is a little small for tall people
- Assembly is not that easy
- Doesn’t fold away when not in use
- Does not include dip bar
This is an extremely popular fitness equipment. It is certainly one of the best power towers with pull up bar for home use. It is solidly built and is capable of holding a lot of weight on the dip and pull bar.
This fitness equipment is a cross between a power tower and a home squat rack. It is versatile and can accommodate a lot of different exercises. It includes padded safety bars and a high density foam covered multi-position bench. Harison provides customers with two free DVDs on how to perform different exercises.
The manufacturer offers a 36-month warranty for parts and labor. Because of its versatility, this is a great addition to any home.
6. Ader Adjustable Muti-Function VKR Power Tower Chin/Dip Machine
- Great for all kinds of exercise
- Durable construction
- No-slip grips
- Easy assembly and handy toolkit included
- Weight capacity of 250 pounds
- Build quality may lack at the top weight limit.
Best gym equipment for home use for serious athletes & beginners. The reason I like this rack over the other ones is because it folds up to a reasonable size for easy storage.
It is made of steel for durability and comes with a band and a pull-up bar. Assembly is easy and the construction feels sturdy.
The best part of this power tower is that it is foldable, that way it is very space-saving and can be stored in little bedroom without making it look ugly.
7. K KiNGKANG Power Tower Adjustable Height Multi-Function Home Strength Training Fitness Workout Station
- Excellent customer service. The particular power station we got came with a defect part. They replied immediately after receiving the product. They really allowed the product for free and gave us a refund. I will definitely recommend KiNGKANG to my friends.
- Ease of use. It is convenient to use this Power Tower because it is easy to store and you can do different exercises going back-and-forth between different exercises.
- Versatile equipment. Easy to adjust the height of this power tower. It is a good equipment to exercise various parts of your body.
- Durable equipment. The legs and the bar are made of metal, so it can support your weight and is very durable.
- Affordable price. It is a good value for the money.
- Easy assembly. You just need two screws to assemble this power tower, and you can finish the assembly in 10 minutes.
- Low weight capacity.
- The base seems plastic and not so sturdy.
- You need to buy this power tower at the store, because the shipping is not available.
This power tower has an adjustable height, so you can do dips, chin-ups, pull-ups, crunches, push-ups, triceps press, carrying of heavy items, stepping, pushing, pulling and can support up to 300 lbs. It is lightweight and easy to store, because you can assemble and disassemble it easily. You can exercise your back, arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen, thighs, legs and buttocks. This power tower is durable and can be used for 20 years, because the bar and the legs are made of metal. When you exercise, you can increase or decrease the height of this power tower as you like. You don’t need a bench or chairs to do crunches, because you just need to lie on the floor and this power tower will support you.
As mentioned earlier, we got this power tower for free after ordering the first one; so, I will definitely recommend this item to my friends.
8. Fitness Reality X-Class High Capacity Multi-Function Power Tower
- Very low price point
- Low footprint, making it perfect for home gyms
- Huge weight capacity.
- Extra thick and high-quality padding
- Comes with a variety of useful workout DVDs
- Can be used by a wide range of ages
- Very safe
- Unique design allows for a wide range of exercises
- A bit rickety – if you don’t anchor this to the floor, it could tip over.
- Not extremely sturdy – depends how much weight you use.
- No place to attach an anchor system.
So far, the Fitness Reality is the best power tower we’ve come across. It’s a high-capacity, multi-function power tower that can be used for a large variety of different exercises. It is very adjustable and has a low footprint that makes it perfect for those with smaller and home gyms.
It uses thick and high-quality padding and can be used by virtually anyone. The only complaint we have is that it’s a little rickety when used without the anchor system that comes with it. If you plan on using it on carpeting or soft flooring without using the anchor system, an alternative power tower might be advisable.
9. Bowflex BodyTower
- Small footprint – has a 4-gallon water bottle holder and fold-down leg.
- Wide range of exercise options – over 70 different exercises can be done.
- PVC dipped grip for more control.
- Incredibly easy to build.
- The price is very affordable.
- Some shortcomings with the leg raise and dip station.
- Minimal weight load capacity (350 pounds).
- Some parts are not as sturdy as some users would like.
- A little limited in weight capacity
The Bowflex Body Tower has a smaller footprint than most other body towers and it includes a 4-gallon water bottle holder. It also has fold-down legs that stabilize the whole unit. Additionally, it is extremely easy to assemble.
The Bowflex Body Tower provides a wider array of exercise options than some other body towers. In fact, over 70 different exercises can be performed using this tower.
This tower’s PVC dipped grip pedals, combined with its wide range of exercise options, allow the user to do CrossFit and functional training. The nylon pulley and pulley cables are designed for easy adjustment and smooth sliding so that exercises can be performed more efficiently.
10. Powertec Fitness Basic Trainer
- Unlimited weight capacity, suitable even for advanced users
- Up to 300 lbs of weight can be used during exercises
- High weight stack
- Unique design
- Foldable for storage and easy storage
- Lifetime guarantee
If you’re looking for premium home gym equipment that’s sure to take your workout experience to the next level, theTower 300 has a wide range of versatile movements that can be used anytime, anywhere. Measuring 54.625 inches wide, 16.25 inches high, and 58 inches long, this machine provides a rock solid stable platform for a full array of exercises.
This Power Tower has a full 300 pound stack and it folds up into a surprisingly compact footprint that can easily be stored against the wall when not in use. With a weight capacity of 300 pounds, eight different height adjustments let you fine-tune your workout exactly to the level you desire.
You can expect to see significant improvements in your overall strength and athleticism as your other body parts and different muscle groups get in on the action. This unit has a deep knee-bend dip station at a level so that you won’t need to do any unnatural modifications for proper form.
11. Body Power Multi-Functional Power Tower PT728
- 2 inch padded top handles to maintain comfort
- 3 grip handles for pull-ups and push-ups
- Max height: 128cm/50"
- Max weight: 120kg/264lbs
- Made from durable 11 gauge steel
- Simple assembly needed
The Body Power Multi-Functional Power Tower PT728 with pull-up bar comes with several features that help you build strength and tone your arms, chest, shoulders, abs, and back. Using the grip handles and padded top handle and the bodyweight station allows you to do a variety of exercises safely. This steel constructed tower is 41.5 lbs and can support up to 264 lbs. The max height is 50 inches and the max safe user weight capacity is 300 lbs. It's also easy to put together and you can watch the video to understand that.
The Body Power PT728 is a really nice multi-gym tower that will help you build your strength and tone your arms, shoulders, abs and back. This plyometric station can also help you keep your body toned and fit throughout the year. The various built-in features such as the handles and the 360-degree pushup stations allow you to build your strength as well as work in your weaker areas like the triceps and biceps. It's a great way to include pull-ups and push-ups in your current routine if you are looking for alternatives using your own bodyweight.
You can choose from several different models, full sets with or without the dip bar. If you are looking for a multi-gym tower that will help you build the strength to do pull-ups and that can also help tone and build muscles in your arms and shoulders, look no further than the Body Power PT728 Multi-Functional Power Tower with pull-up bar. You can build muscles on the move and you can use your creativity to do different types of exercises on this tower. It's a good addition for strength training purposes and it's especially safe when you use it alongside other products in the Body Power line.
12. HYD-Parts Power Tower,Standing Full Body Chin up Bar,Adjustable Dip Station,Strength Muscle Training Fitness Workout
- Easy to assemble, minimal tools needed.
- Good instructions.
- Portable, even with the pull up bar attached.
- Excellent construction.
- Space-saving unit.
- Does not take up much room.
- Sturdy and has a bit of a weight capacity.
- Can easily be folded up and moved.
- Shipping could be better.
- Feels cheap, I am surprised at how solid it actually is; however, it has a slight gap and is not perfectly smooth.
- It just needs a touch up in color for a nicer look.
- No proper instructions on how to use the pull up bar. I had to search for them online.
- It is a little tricky to assemble and I had to get some tools.
The product consists of two main parts – the base and the column. The column is simply screwed to the base. You don’t need any tools, and 2 adults are needed to assemble the 2 parts together. It is made of sturdy metal, and the welds are not very visible, especially if you have some pieces of wood to hide it. It is finish in natural color, and it is not scratch resistant. With the wood placed on the top, it becomes very attractive.
The major advantage of HYD-Parts Power Tower is that it’s flexible. It can easily be moved, and the large base and strong construction makes it very sturdy.
It has numerous exercises included, but it offers more if you are creative. You can do push ups or dips, pull ups, sit ups, or several other different exercises.
13. Weider Power Tower
- Very sturdy and stable with a wide base
- Heavy duty steel and welded tubing construction
- Extra wide dip bar is great for dips and double leg lifts
- Short height allows for squats and leg press
This power tower is a the right choice for you when looking for an affordable power tower with collars and dip bars. It is built for high-intensity workouts and will keep you on track to reach your fitness goals.
The Weider Power Grip Power Tower is designed for your ultimate efficiency and will help sculpt your muscles. It has an easy-to-use, secure collar system. It is very sturdy and stable with a wide base. Its heavy duty steel and welded tubing are built to last. Eight position height adjustability ranging from 46" to 69" allows for various exercises. You can do dips, double leg lifts, pull-ups, and squat. Plus, it is equipped with a chin-up bar & dip station and a foot crutch for pushup and sit-ups. Durable padding and rubber grip handles will provide a secure and comfortable grip as you workout.
14. XMark Fitness XM-4432-WHITE Power Tower
- Enables user to get a complete workout in an easy to use design
- Provides a comfortable and stable workout
- Easily folds up when not in use
- Can hold up to 300 pounds
- Supports dips, pull ups, leg raises, exercise pushups, and more
- Ideal for those working out at home or in limited space
- Tough, sturdy construction
- Easy to follow templates and instructions
One of the best workout equipment for home gyms is the XMark Fitness XM-4432-WHITE Power Tower. The product features a combination of various exercises that can get you in optimum shape in a short period of time. With all the exercises provided by this machine, you will not only be able to make your body stronger but also lose weight. With its sturdiness, you will be able to do different workouts comfortably.
The product features sturdy rubber gym mat surface that will enable you to do dips and pushups. The sturdy construction of the two pull-up bars will help to support your weight. Also, the product comes with a sturdy dip station that can be adjusted. The adjustable steel weight-bearing frame will make fitness workouts comfortable and safe.
The product is designed with simplicity in mind and the XMark Fitness XM-4432-WHITE Power Tower provides mid-level to advanced workouts to anyone looking for a full-body workout. This product can support up to 300 pounds and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
15. IRONMAN Triathlon X Class Multi-Function Power Tower
- Model offers pull-up stations that can support up to 300 lbs.
- Pull-up stations are both v-shaped and parallel both of which can be adjusted.
- Can adjust the height of your pull-up station by a minimum of 24 inches and a maximum of 78 inches.
- It also has push-up bars for you to do push-ups on.
- Leg extension/chin-up station is designed well and is very sturdy
- You can perform dips on the dip bars on the power towers. They are wide enough to fit your hands comfortable.
- The power tower is collapsible, which makes it easy to store in a garage or in a room.
- The power tower combines a lot of exercises into one with its versatility.
The chin-up bar is a little hard to adjust. It tends to have a little bit of play in it.
This Ironman Power Tower is one of the top rated power tower for a lot of reasons.
First, it’s design is very balanced. It doesn’t tip easily and provides a lot of great exercises.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are power towers any good?
Power towers are typically small folding pieces of equipment that come with a pull-up bar or a dip station, and sometimes both. They are often easier to store than equivalent free-standing equipment, such as a door-mounted pull-up bar. Some people, however, simply choose to use a full-size pull-up bar because it takes up less space than the power towers with dip bars.
There are many ways to work your muscles, though. In some cases, a power tower is your only affordable options for doing pull-ups and other bodyweight exercises. They are also relatively cheap, so they are good as a bare minimum if you are on a tight budget. Ideally, you should have a power tower along with a free-standing pull-up bar, though, because that gives you much more flexibility.
Do power towers build muscle?
Power Towers are often used to build strength by supporting your bodyweight when doing workouts like pull-ups and dips. While doing these specific exercises are not going to give you a bodybuilding physique, they are a very efficient way to build & strengthen your muscles.
If you have a home gym, these exercises can be an efficient way to use it. And besides, if you want to build muscle and don’t have access to a gym membership or don’t want to head to the gym, power towers can help you out too.
What is the best pull up bar for an apartment?
I heard people who live in an apartment or don't have enough place for traditional pull up bars, but I do have a mount for a doorway.
The doorway pull up bar is inexpensive, and it adjustable to any doorframe.
The doorway pull up bar offers a minimal doorframe doorway with a maximum workout, and it also not only for pull ups, it can do dips too. You can do any exercise for the upper body with this moveable doorway bar.
It fits almost any doorframe, and you can do upper body exercises like chin ups, wide grip, pull ups, archer pull ups and the grip for the person who does not need a wide grip, the narrow grip.
The doorway pulley allows you to do a drop down and even a tuck knee pull up, and you can exercise a martial arts with a punching dummy hanging from it, if you attach it to the pull up bar.
It's easy to install – you just put the mounting bracket up in your doorway, there's a door hinge attached to the center bracket, and then you put a screw into the bottom part of your doorway pull up rig, and there is the screw holes in both of its ends, so you can mount the doorway pull up bar to the top or the bottom of your doorframe.
There is a resistance band wrapped around the doorway bar for a pop-up into a pull up. You can use this bar in any setting for almost any exercise for the upper body. You can do a shoulder press, a chin up, and a dip as a forearm under this bar.
A doorframe doorway is a good addition to any workout routine for those who live in an apartment or who do not have a workout area, but you can do a pull up anywhere like living room, bedroom, or swimming pool areas.
You can see in the picture, the doorway pull up bar is mounted to the top of the doorframe. I can do a pull up on this doorway pulley, or this doorway pulley with the pull up grip, or I can do a chin up or combination of the pull up and the chin up, or I can swing as a resistance band for a pop-up.
How tall is a power tower?
Power Towers typically are around 4 feet tall to accommodate the pull-up and dip station.
A power tower is a compact gym piece that is sure to make a big impact. Rather than having to purchase all of the separate pieces of workout equipment, a power tower combines a number of the most vital pieces into one. This saves a lot of space and money and gives you a lot of the same benefits as having these separate pieces of equipment.
Power towers fit anyone on any budget, and are perfect for home or commercial gyms. They're easy to assemble, versatile for all fitness levels, and you can do a host of exercises.
When shopping for a power tower, make sure it's sturdy and stable. It should be heavy duty and made from high quality materials. It should have handles on the inside for storage, and a flat base so it doesn't tip over.
|Steelbody Strength Training Power Tower Pull Up & Dip Station VKR Home Gym STB-98501||Best Overall|
|Weider Power Tower||Budget Pick|