Weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight is not a simple cut and dry process. The challenge is not only losing weight, but also keeping it off and developing healthy habits that last a lifetime.
Weight loss rituals are often a struggle and different people try various things. Some try to eat clean and others try intermittent fasting, while others stick with group fitness classes.
Check out our full list of the 25 best pieces of exercise equipment for weight loss at home in 2021 below.
|TRX ALL-IN-ONE Suspension Training: Bodyweight Resistance System||Best Overall|
|Resistance Band Set||Budget Pick|
|StairMaster 7000 PT Stepmill||Upgrade Pick|
1. TRX ALL-IN-ONE Suspension Training: Bodyweight Resistance System
- Portable for travel
- Both upper and lower body movements
- Legs, core, and even cardio included
- Can also use for stretching
- Well-reviewed by active professionals
- You might need to make adjustments
- Number of options for exercises limited
The TRX system is ideal for military personnel, but can also work for your own home workouts. It has suspension straps of two different lengths. They are made of strong nylon and are built with high-quality carabiners at each end. The loops of the suspension straps have D-rings that make it compatible to hold up to 400 lbs.
This suspension strap workout will help your grip strength, upper back, legs, and shoulders. The system can be installed to the door frame, to a tree branch, or for travel purposes, a secured table ring.
TRX comes with a time-saving workout guide that is both high-quality and easy to follow. The set already includes the complete suspension kit, training guide, and DVD.
2. Resistance Band Set
- Multiple types and sizes of resistance bands included.
- Great for beginners. Perfect for a variety of workouts.
- Door attachment is a good way to use resistance bands to exercise.
- Waterproof carrying case keeps them all together and organized.
- Long bands are good for tall people.
- Ankle and leg straps included. These help activate more muscles.
- Nice variety of band resistance levels.
- Workout guide provides some great ideas for exercises.
- Carrying case makes them easy to transport to classes and meets.
- Very inexpensive and budget friendly.
- Some people have received used or defective bands.
- Some say they are too thin (not good for people who need more resistance).
- Thin bands can sometimes snap.
- Does not come with a workout guide.
12, 15, 18, 20, 25 Miles Each
This resistance band set is a great choice for anyone who wants to try resistance band training. It’s affordable and comes with everything you need to get started with home exercise.
The set includes 16 bands in different colors and sizes of resistance. The bands range from 12-25 pounds of resistance, which is a good range for beginner to advanced exercisers.
3. Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill
- Easy to assemble
- Provides an effective cardio workout
- Gives you many workout options
- Non-slip surface for stability
- Has 13 different settings for incline
- You can adjust the speed from 0.5 to 12 miles per hour
- 16 different programs are pre-programmed
- You can use the same program for different goals
- The treadmill has wheels for easy moving
- The treadmill is rather quiet
- Assembly is not fun.
- The instructions are written in a way that can be very confusing.
- All parts and tools are not included in the box. Make sure you count and check that everything is there.
- Some of the parts of the treadmill are of very low quality.
Summary: Overall, we believe that you really can’t go wrong purchasing this highly impressive treadmill and if you’re looking for the best treadmill for the money, then you have found it.
When assembled correctly and used properly, this is a quality home treadmill that will give you a good long workout that you can enjoy.
Buyers Guide: How to Choose the Best Rebounder for Toning?
4. Sunny Health & Fitness Stair Stepper Exercise Equipment Step Machine
- Decent warranty period of 90 days.
- Adjustable height.
- Very easy to assemble, no tool required.
- Affordable price but robust performance.
- Low impact.
- Provides an alternative to a rigid flat surface and an alternative for stretching, strengthening and toning, as well as aerobic training, for all ages and fitness levels.
- Lightweight, sturdy, compact enough to store easily and small enough to be carried around easily.
- Provides 7 workout settings.
- Conveniently folds up to half its size.
- Each stair has 2 positions that users can move it independently.
- Can be a little unstable with high user weight.
- You have to keep holding on to the rail when stepping back and forth.
- There is no built-in RPM mechanism.
This is a solid step machine that should give you an excellent workout.
While it isn’t too large, it isn’t small enough to be stored under your bed or in a closet. That said, it is easy to fold and it should fit in your closet easily or live on your floor for a while.
It can be used as a stand-alone piece of exercise equipment or you can use it at home, but it can also be used by fitness centers/gyms.
5. Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set
- Good variety of resistance levels
- Extra accessories
- Small storage footprint
This set of resistance bands is a really solid value, especially for its price. It includes the bands themselves as well as some extras that you don’t always see in sets like this.
Included are a door anchor, ankle strap to help you do ankle exercises, and a workout chart that you can keep your reps and sets on to track your progress. This is really helpful for beginners to Crossfit to be able to track how they are progressing over time.
These bands have free handles that fit all of the different color-coded bands and two other handles so you can attach them together if you need more resistance. There’s also a set of inset weights so that you can add more resistance to the bands themselves if necessary. These are really useful.
6. bodylastics Resistance Bands Set
- Light weight and portable convenient to carry around.
- Suitable for all users, from kids to seniors.
- The handle can be adjusted to suit different body sizes.
- The resistance bands are made of high quality elastic that are not easy to be snapped.
- Easy to install and use.
- Setting up the anchor point could be a little inconvenient.
The body lastics kit includes 8 bands, 8 handles, 1 door anchor, 1 set of ankle straps, 1 set of wrist straps, and an easy-to-follow instruction manual. It delivers a total of 30 different resistance bands. All the parts are one size fits all (fit height from 5’1” to 6’1” ).
The door anchor and door anchor strap allow you to anchor your resistance bands to any door or object within seconds. Placing your feet in the ankle straps or laying down in the wrist straps offer additional resistance.
- Setting up the anchor point could be a little inconvenient.
7. Body by Jake Tower 200 Complete Door Gym Full Body Workouts Fitness Exercise
- Versatile design, some movement options
- Modular design, easy to install
- Simple design, good for beginners
The Tower 200 is most suitable for the everyday exerciser who wants a simple solution for building strength and adding muscle tone to the upper body.
It’s pretty similar to the CFF and RFF in terms of resistance and range of motion for each exercise, but the price is a bit higher. Also, there are a number of features that are cleverly designed to make adjustments to the tension much easier, especially if you aren’t the most coordinated person in the world.
8. NordicTrack T Series Treadmills
- Smooth and quiet running surface
- Affordable price point at a mid-range quality level
- Variety of pre-set workout programs
- Strong durability
- Electronic console keeps track of time, distance, pace, and calories
- Comfortable air-cushioned racing-style backrest
- Space-saving design
- 20 years of motor warranty
- Cannot adjust the incline or speed
- Limited customization options
- Lacks a few advanced features found on higher-end models
If you’re new to working out, an entry-level treadmill is a great way to get started on the right foot. And NordicTrack is one of the best brands around. The T Series isn’t the most advanced or impressive, but it’s a good all-around choice for the fitness level of most people.
The T Series treadmills offer a good combination of quality, performance, and price. In this review, we will look at a few different models of the T Series, including the 6.5S, 6.5Si, the 7.5 Plus, and the 8.5S, as they have all been upgraded with new features.
They all have a maximum walking area of 20 x 55 inches and a running area of 20 x 60 inches. They also have an extra-long safety cushion on the belt to provide safety and protection from the elements.
9. Precor EFX 222 Energy Series Elliptical Crosstrainer
- Great accessories for your workout
- Quiet and smooth operation
- Easy to assemble
- Large workouts area
- Low maintenance
- Heavy when moving
- No built in incline
This piece of indoor exercise equipment is great for all over body conditioning. It is a light and smooth way to keep your muscles toned, and is design for lots of varied workouts. This piece of high end exercise equipment folds for ease of storage. The 22 program workouts are just a button push away, and it has preset workouts as well.
The console is basic, but you can program it with your own workouts if that is more your style. The display shows speed, distance, time and also the calories burned. This elliptical trainer is appropriate for home and office use. It has a large keyboard to accommodate all sizes and tracks up to 8 separate users.
This piece of gym equipment is easy to assemble with the tools included. It folds for easy storage and has wheels to move it around. It is very smooth during use and will fit into the corner of your office or living room without being in the way.
10. Merax Magnetic Exercise Rower Adjustable Resistance Rowing Machine
- Great, new resistance technology.
- Conveniently folds up, more compact than traditional rowing machines.
- Includes digital heart rate monitor, some excellent built-in programs.
- Perfect for legs, arms, and core.
- Great left-handed ergonomic design.
- Perfect for the home or gym.
- Great price for an excellent rowing machine.
- Only weights 43 pounds.
- Extra features include thigh and arm pads, and low-impact sliding seat.
- 15 levels of increased resistance. Plastic composite handles.
- * Limited warranty period.
The Merax Magnetic Rowing Machine offers a fun and challenging workout that encourages cardio training and strength building. You can work on challenging your endurance or your speed. You will work harder than you ever have before and you might not notice the time going by.
If you are like most people, you want a machine that doesn’t take up much space. This machine is 42 by 27 by 9 inches, and the footprint is just 12 inches by 12 inches. Just be sure you have the space for it and that it will fit where you want to use it.
You will notice a considerably more intense workout than you are likely to experience with air and water resistance rowers. At just 12 inches, it’s also a much smaller rowing machine for your home.
11. Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym
- All the exercises you want in a compact, space saving design
- The home gym is designed for heavy usage, so you’ll rarely need to maintain it
- Few moving parts, so it should require little maintenance
- Well made
- Very strong
- Some challenge to put together
- Lack of handle bars for the lat pull as an accessory
- 300-pound weight limitation
The BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Exercise Gym is a simple, compact, and powerful machine. It is excellent for all your home exercises, and it comes with everything you need to build muscle and burn fat.
This vertical bodyweight home gym allows you to do a wide variety of bodyweight and weight-assisted exercises with the revolutionary design that offers a very efficient use of space. You will get all the exercises you want in a convenient and compact design.
It is a good product for a serious user who exercises on a regular basis. It provides a powerful workout and a challenging and productive training regimen. You can do pullups—15, dips—10-15, pullups —26, dips — 16-20, pushups —22, situps —4-6, crunches —42, pivots —7-8, muscle-ups —2-3, dips —16. However, it can’t perform all of them simultaneously. It is quite close, but not close enough for the death march from the movie. However, you can adjust the repetitions wt the rep panel that slides up and down.
12. Nautilus Treadmill Series
- High-speed, low-impact design
- 17 training programs to choose from
- Vibration-canceling technology for a smoother workout
- Comfortable, over-sized extended deck cushion
- LED console display
- Secure and smooth welding technology
- Highly progressive and effective workouts
- The console is built into a fixed position on the console
- The light can be a hassle before you hit the app
- The noise can be an issue
The Nautilus Treadmill Series is a solid machine that is perfect for home use. It has a maximum user weight of 350 pounds and a noise level of only 68db. It includes a large running belt at 21 inches and a 1 HP continuous-duty motor that can maintain speeds up to 10 miles per hour.
This treadmill is well-suited for use by both runners and walkers and includes high-quality components to make your workouts more efficient and effective. The competition has a 34-inch running belt and an entry-level 2HP motor.
This machine uses 2.25-horsepower continuous-duty motor that allows a speed range between 0.5 to 10 miles per hour. It also has 12 built-in pre-programs, a safety key, auto shutoff, and heart rate monitoring.
13. Octane Airdyne ADX Fan Bike
- Great for training for athletes and general fitness.
- Adjustable seat height.
- Very lightweight and foldable.
- Bluetooth chest strap integration.
- Doesn’t have dual handlebars to isolate upper and lower body training.
This is the next model down from the fan bike I use at the gym. This is an air bike that simulates the rowing motion of an indoor rower.
It is significantly less expensive but still has the adjustable resistance and dial/fan combo system that I love. It is simple, but effective. It comes in one color only: black.
This bike is way more than just a piece of exercise equipment. This bike is a performance training tool used by competitive and professional athletes, including professional crossfitters.
14. Marcy 150-lb Multifunctional Home Gym Station
- Total body station
- Robust weight plates that hold up under pressure
- Sturdy construction with a solid steel base
- Space efficient design
- Cheap and affordable price
- Solid company with a good reputation
Let’s take a look at what is included in this super versatile home fitness station:
O Functionality – At first glance the Marcy 150-pound Home Gym Station is massive. It has a pulled together look that rivals any other machine you have ever seen. It has two fully adjustable weight bars, a single weight bar, a lat row, an abdominal and leg curl exercise station, and a seated pulley machine. The versatility is what makes this fitness juggernaut so appealing.
O Workout Programs – This home gym allows you to train six muscle groups in a seamless stream. You have the back, chest, and leg workout sections that are each preset and ready to use. If you are the type of person that likes to customize their workouts to suit the mood or schedule then this is also a good feature to have. It allows you to change the program and move from one to the next so you can get a good mix of exercises done while you are working out.
15. Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Dual LCD Display
- 18 Stride Length and 13" Flywheel
- User Profile
- 25 Workout Apps
- Resistance and Incline Adjustments
- Applications with WI-FI
- USB Port For Smartphone/Tablet
- 30 Challenge Workouts
- Advanced Cooling Fan
- Weak Warranty
- Poor Warranty Customer Service
- Problems with the heart rate monitor
- Heavy machine to move from room to room
- The machine arrives in a big box and requires assembly
If you're looking for a full-body, high-quality elliptical machine, the Sole Fitness E35 is an excellent place to start your search. It includes apps to connect your elliptical to a wireless heart rate monitor. You can track your performance and improve your health. You can do this at the gym or at home with the same great machine.
This elliptical is a solid investment. It's built to last, and it comes with a total of 30 resistance and challenge workout apps. This is a great way to keep it fresh and beat the boredom that could lead to giving up on your high-quality machine.
The Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical offers 25 different workout apps, 26 built-in workouts, and 12 heart rate programs. This means it will be easy to keep yourself engaged in your training. You can alternate between your favorite workouts or switch it up and try new exercises.
16. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- Its 12 programs include 3 custom programs and 3 heart rate programs, so there’s something for everyone in your family
- Dual fans and four levels of incline help keep you cool while you exercise
- A generous 2-year warranty backs up this solidly-built piece of exercise equipment
- The ProForm Pro 2000 is the perfect treadmill for a small or mid-sized home gym
- Lower maintenance than most treadmills
- Although the motor is strong the electronics are not particularly durable.
- The ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill boasts a robust motor and unique features that help you not only burn calories but also monitor your workout.
- For example, it can track distance, time, speed, and calories burned and also comes with programs that help you to achieve a healthy weight and an improved heart rate and blood pressure level.
- It’s also equipped with a handrail and a reading rack and the LCD control panel is fully adjustable.
ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill has a whole lot going for it. And surprisingly, it’s not even in the running for the title of best treadmill for weight loss.
Overall, the ProForm Pro 2000 is one of the best treadmills for its price. But be aware that its durability is questionable.
17. StairMaster 7000 PT Stepmill
- No impact, non-weighted exercise
- Multiple, built-in workouts
- Different workout stations
- Single-track design
- Not ideal for larger users, for whom steps are not high enough
- Seat could be more comfortable
The first step of an adrenaline pill or a massive rush of endorphins is stimulated with this workout device. It also brings out the competitiveness in you as you try to beat your own records.
It has over 11 adjustable speeds and options to 14 programs, which are also customizable. It takes only a few hours to assemble. The build of the machine tower is sturdy, to say the least. Made of iron and steel, it can take a lot of strain. It is otherwise of the same height and breadth as a regular staircase, so you will have absolutely no trouble walking up and down its treads. It also reduces the stress on your knees and joints without compromising on intensity.
It further helps you to improve your overall athletic performance and stamina. It is a great fitness tool that allows you to better breathe, train and prepare for any activity you may be involved in. With this stepmill, you will realize a strengthened core, increased endurance and muscle development, and a higher endurance level. The device also builds up your speed and stamina and improves your concentration and balance. It also increases your efficiency, power and strength and reduces bodily fatigue.
18. Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer
- Quiet and smooth 3.5 CHP motor.
- 12 programs that are great for both beginners and intermediate users.
- Entry level elliptical with extra cushioning.
- Nautilus Group has a good reputation for support and repairs.
- Leg extension/leg curl only works the hamstrings and calves.
- Fewer programs and features compared to some of the other ellipticals.
The Nautilus E614 is the best beginner elliptical ever made. No other treadmill comes close with the quality and features the Nautilus elliptical offers.
It has 12 programs, including 2 heart rate, 6 fitness tests, 4 custom user defined, 1 heart rate zone and 1 quick start option. The two heart rate programs are useful for checking your pulse during your training session.
The fitness tests are a great way to measure your progress at the end of each workout. The tests measure the amount of calories, fat burned, distance traveled, pulse and time. You can use these tests for cross training, interval training, or just to measure your progress in the long run.
19. Fitness Factory Body-Solid EXM1 Home Gym
- Strong, solid, easy to set-up, and easy to use.
- Great for toning muscle and burning fat and calories.
- You get a lot of options; it can be used for a wide variety of body shapes and sizes.
- Many great add-ons are available including chin-up bars, lat pull-down bars, leg attachments, bar attachments, and many others.
- Free shipping is available on Amazon.
- There is a DVD included that teaches you the basics and provides you with several workout routines.
- The legs are solid and won’t move when you perform squats, leg lifts, leg extensions, or dips.
- A great way to challenge yourself and get the most out of your workouts.
- Great for fat loss and toning muscle.
- Very low impact on knees and joints.
- It can take up a lot of space, so it’s best to measure out the room you want to put it in before deciding whether to buy this or not. You’ll want a space that’s at least 5 feet away from your walls, 10 feet long, and 2.5 feet wide. There’s a lot of weight on this, so you want to have access to a solid surface. A garage may be the best place for this.
- You can’t be lazy on this machine. You need to pay attention to form and do the exercises as prescribed in good form.
- You might need to invest in a mat. There’s rubber on the bottom of the feet, but a thin mat can provide and extra layer of comfort.
The Fitness Factory EXM1 Home Gym is great for toning and shaping muscles, burning fat, and building strength. The Manual, DVD, and Manuel are especially helpful if you are new to working out or if you need a jumping off point for building a workout routine.
This fitness machine is sure to provide great workouts and results every time you use it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which fitness equipment is best for weight loss?
Exercise equipment, which includes treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical track machines, stair climbers, exercise programs, and home gyms, is essential for being able to get the most out of your cardiovascular workouts and weight-bearing exercises. A variety of the following products is necessary for a successful weight loss. These machines will train stand-alone muscles as well as increase coordination and overall balance. Thus, when necessary, a person can use weight-bearing exercises along with cardiovascular exercises for a well-rounded fitness routine.
All of the equipment here is designed for home use. Some of the equipment is designed for commercial use, but there are no products actually being sold to be used in a gym. These items are made to be used by the general public from home.
What exercise machine burns the most belly fat?
That depends on the type of exercise machine. The stationary bike is one of the most effective for burning the most amount of belly fat. Do bike for 20 to 30 minutes every day or a few times every week. You will soon know it if you are doing it right. You will enjoy riding it just for the sake of riding it. And as you pedal on your stationary bike, you will sweat and burn fat. And your abdominal muscles will get stronger and your posture will improve.
The treadmill can be another very effective tool at burning calories and fat from your belly and body. Do 20 to 30 minutes on a treadmill, and you will have reached your daily requirement of burning fat. And, remember, the amount of time is only the minimum; do more if you can, like 40 to 60 minutes on a treadmill.
What machines should I use at the gym to lose weight?
If you are aiming to lose weight, you will be working out in two ways: First, you need to be using cardio machines to burn fat and calories and second, you need to be using muscle-building equipment to build muscle mass and raise your metabolism.
The specific machines you should use for your specific goals might vary if you want to use machines to build muscle as well as lose weight. In general, though, these machines are extremely good for your overall health and fitness and for your weight loss program.
Finally, one more important thing. Must-have items for weight loss at home.
Below we have our guide on the best pieces of exercise equipment for weight loss for anyone who is looking to get slim with minimum equipment that you have at home.
Remember, the most important thing here is that you are setting goals and writing them down!
|TRX ALL-IN-ONE Suspension Training: Bodyweight Resistance System||Best Overall|
|Resistance Band Set||Budget Pick|
|StairMaster 7000 PT Stepmill||Upgrade Pick|