You always can rely on Americans trying to come up with a sports supplement that will make them better and look better. However, not many pre workouts have stood the test of time like Jack3d.
Jack3d is a hardcore pre workout supplement that people have been using since it was first released in 2011.
While the Jack3d brand disappeared into dust at one point, it resurrected as Jack3d Micro.
Unlike a lot of supplements that come and go, Jack3d has stood the test of time and is still one of the most popular pre workout supplements online. It is rumored that 1 in every 10 people that enters a Crossfit gym powered by Rage apparel or supplements is using Jack3d.
In our reviews, we breakdown the ingredients used and why they work so well.
We cover the Jack3d Micro version and cover it in detail.
What Makes Jack3d Micro Different?
A lot of Jack3d Micro reviews point out that the micro formula does not use DMAA as one of the main cores of the product. DMAA is a chemical stimulant very similar to amphetamines. Jack3d was known for containing DMAA, and that was one of the reasons it was so popular.
DMAA was reclassified as a controlled substance by the FDA in 2013. Jack3d Micro contains more natural stimulants such as Caffeine anhydrous, green tea extract, and a few others.
The biggest difference between the two versions of Jack3d is that Micro does not contain an amphetamine called 1,3 Dimethylamylamine. This has been replaced with caffeine anhydrous.
|Genius Pre Workout Powder||Best Overall|
|Ascent Pre Workout||Budget Pick|
|Do Vitamins||Upgrade Pick|
1. Genius Pre Workout Powder
- Suitable for the most sensitive people
- Available in 3 flavors
- Is blended healthily
- Redcon1 is a reputable and trustworthy brand
- This product is not intended for children under 15 years of age
- It can cause nausea for some people
Vitamins & Minerals – Ingestible Energy & Focus Booster Powder | Burn Fat Build Muscle | Endurance & Recovery Sports Nutrition Formula | Redcon1 Nutrition.
If you have searched for prenatal workout supplements options there are some that come recommended, particularly this one thanks to its promise of healthy ingredients.Users state that they did not get any sexual side effectand they were able to get back to their daily activities with no problem.
It is also said to boost concentration and alertness and it energy levels tend to increase as well. There are no fillers or additives into this supplement.
2. Naked Energy
- Good for energy without any jittery feeling afterward.
- Tastes good, not too bitter.
- Quality ingredients, clean and effective.
This is our favorite pre-workout powder for women. It’s natural, organic, and has no artificial flavors or vanilla. It’s completely unflavored and most women will taste it all on their own. This is a fantastic option for vegans!
It also has no added colors, and it’s certified organic. It has a lot of unique ingredients that are not found in many other pre work-out powders. One of them is called “no-stimulant-jittery-trying-to-hard”. It’s only found in this powder.
It tastes really good too. It has a soft berry flavor and it mixes really well in a cup or water bottle. It’s very important to mix this pre-workout powder with a spoon, it will dissolve much easier. You might even find it lightly chalky when you mix it.
3. ORGANIC MUSCLE #1 Rated Organic Pre Workout Powder– Natural Vegan Keto Pre-Workout & Organic Energy Supplement
- Good taste
- Good value
- Free samples
- Limited number of reviews for this product.
Organic Muscle is a preworkout supplement offered in 100 and 160-gram packets. It uses a proprietary formula which athletes claim is very effective.
The passionfruit guava flavor tastes great, and it certainly doesn’t contain any nasty ingredients.
It could have more reviews to provide a better assessment, but for the money, it is hard to beat.
4. Do Vitamins
- New Perfect blend of all natural ingredients, no weird taste at all.
- Gives a burst of energy.
- Gives you a tingling sensation like you’re getting blood filled in your muscle.
- Increases blood circulation, giving you more strength during your workouts.
- Reduces fatigue.
- Makes you feel more focused and alert throughout the day, even as you sit at your desk.
- Pumps are insane, with 4 scoops you’ll be looking like a bodybuilder.
- Great for workouts, but also great for staying in shape even when you’re not working out.
- Increases strength.
- Increases endurance.
- Couldnt find any.
Do Vitamins – PurePump Natural Pre Workout Supplement for Men & Women is designed to be used by both men and women. It is 100% pure American made pre-workout powder.
The added ingredients also come with no artificial colors or flavors and are NON GMO, VEGAN, and CRUELTY FREE.
The Do Vitamins team has been creating the best nutritional products for over a decade. Purity is always a priority with each product. Everything is as Paleo, Vegan, Non-GMO, and 100% natural as possible. Not only are the products 100% natural and deliver results, but they are made in a certified gluten-free facility to prevent the annoying side effects associated with gluten consumption.
5. Nature's Pump Plant Based Pre Workout
- Effective, Pre Workout (All Natural with no Artificial Ingredients or Added Fillers, Proprietary Blend of BCAA’s, Peptides, Nitric Oxide Boosters, Amino Acids)
- No Sodium, No Chloride
- Vegan and Keto Friendly (Non GMO, No Soy, and Gluten Free)
- Perfect for any Active Lifestyle, including Boxing, MMA, and CrossFit
- Helps Stimulate and Promote Lean Muscle Growth while Reducing Body Fat and Water Retention
- I always struggle getting enough energy to last me the day but that is no longer a problem with Nature's Pump.
- It's no longer an issue that I get to the gym, and I'm already tired.
- It gives you a new motivation to get into shape the natural way.
- My energy levels at work and when I go the gym are through the roof.
- I have tried many different pre workout supplements and this one has helped me like no other one has.
Who is Nature's Pump for:
- Weight Lifters
- Body Builders
- Gym Enthusiasts
- Athletic Gamers
- High School & College Athlete
- Nature’s Pump contains Beta Alanine which is an amino acid that works with out muscles to help build more muscle during workouts.
6. Ascent Pre Workout
- Great overall energy boost and focus
- No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or dyes
- GMO-free and gluten-free
- No banned substances
- Sweeteners can trigger headaches/migraines
- 100% caffeine-free version is not available
- Contains a small amount of sucralose
- Does not mix well with milk
This pre-workout is all about taste, flavor, and incredible energy that will enhance your workout. The flavor is amazing, so this is one of my favorite pre-workouts to take before a training session.
To be honest, I don’t know much about the company that makes this pre-workout. I know the packages all say “Created by the guys behind PEScience,” and that’s it. I am guessing that has to do with the fact that Ascent is a PEScience product containing many of the same ingredients, but honestly, I don’t know. However, since I did my research of this product to find out is Ascent pre workout safe, I will tell you about the ingredients.
One thing I like about this pre-workout is that it contains a lot of B Vitamins, which are not found in a lot of pre-workouts. B vitamins aid in energy as well as carbohydrate and fat metabolism. I have a friend who swears by this protein powder because she uses it before and after a workout.
7. Legion Pulse
- Very good taste from fruit punch flavor
- Add focus to your muscle recovery
- Better digestion
- Amazing citrus flavor
- Need larger scoops than most other pre-workouts
- Does not have added arginine
- Need a lot of water to drink
- Advertised as a pre & intra workout not just a pre-workout
The Legion Pulse is an awesome tasting pre-workout powder that is made with just the right consistency of natural ingredients that are needed to get the most out of your workout.
- It give the energy and focus you need to get though the toughest wod.
- Supplementing with L-Citrulline and L-Arginine can boost your nitric oxide levels. This will give you an insane pump to help loosen up that muscle you have been so sore and tight and need to stretch. Legion Pulse pre-workout for athletes of all types will enhance and improve your performance.
- Increase your muscle size and strength.
- Increases your energy levels over time.
8. Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer Acai Berry
- Acai berry flavor is great.
- Pre workout energizer not too sweet.
- Best for any on-the-go people.
- Gluten free.
- 60 servings per container.
- Some people don't like the smell or taste.
- If you are sensitive to stimulants, some people say it made them feel jittery.
- Some people said they felt nothing from it.
With Antioxidants, Performance-Grade Ingredients with Citrulline, Beta-Alanine, Creatine, Electrolytes & Amino Acids.
This pre-workout energizer superfood supplement is a great choice for anyone who likes great flavors and a formula that's packed with antioxidants and superfoods.
This is a plant-based, nutrient-rich performance supplement that contains a powerful complex of amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
9. Fitness Labs Pre-Workout Intensifier
- Huge amount of ingredients and very economical
- Intense energy that is well-rounded
- All the necessary ingredients to keep your mind sharp during intense training
Some reviewers said that the pre-workout was a tiny bit too strong. Perhaps the formula needs to be altered.
This pre workout supplement from Fitness Labs is a great option to add to your arsenal. With over 30 different ingredients, you will get everything you could possibly need to ensure that you have a fantastic training session.
The energy and performance hit provided is fantastic, but it is also fairly mild. That is to say that you do not have to worry about any intense jitters that make it difficult for you to fall asleep the night before. However, you will be rocking out during your training session and that is likely what matters most to most people.
10. PRE – All Natural Pre Workout Drink
- Powered by one natural non-stimulant plant-based ingredient that kicks your energy without the jitters.
- Clean energy without the crash, no artificial additives.
- Strictly made in the USA
- No artificial flavors, colors, MSG, fillers, soy, gluten, or GMOs.
- Provides you with the energy and focus to complete your workouts, boost your natural metabolism.
- Can help increase explosive energy and naturally aid in muscle growth.
- Take just one serving 30-45 minutes before your workouts for a natural boost in energy
- No information on label about key ingredient theacrine
- Not enough information on label about how this product works
- You use the product everyday
Nutrex Research's PRE is all natural and fueled by one natural non-stimulant plant-based ingredient that is called theacrine. While this ingredient is a stimulant it does not give you the jitters. Instead, it has been shown to help support energy, focus, and mood. Look for PRE pre-workout on the bottle. Then go to the website to learn more.
The PRE All Natural Pre-Workout Drink does not have any artificial flavors, colors, MSG, fillers, soy, gluten, or GMOs. It does not contain any artificial or natural sweeteners. It is made in the USA and it is a good product to take for athletes. PRE uses the naturalacrine to give you a clean energy without the crash.
11. Pre Workout
- Organic and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, and colors.
- Increased endurance, strength, and stamina.
- Fast-acting muscle pumps and improved vascularity.
- Available in 5 delicious flavors.
- Loaded with vital nutrients and immune boosters.
- No harmful, banned or illegal ingredients.
- Manufactured in GMP-certified facilities.
- Developed with medical professionals.
- Backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in a cGMP facility.
- The grips are rough, and I replaced them.
The Flat Bottom Barbell Lifting Powerlifting Bar is a solid, quality, multipurpose barbell that fits comfortably in the trunk of my compact car. It is sturdy enough for me to squat and deadlift heavy (for me). I use it for both powerlifting and CrossFit. I bought the 20kg version. There is a 20kg men’s model (‘Light’) and a 15kg women’s version (‘Lite’).
I also picked the 20kg one because it weighs the same as the bar I used at my CrossFit gym and it has been great for my squat form since I was doing it from a deficit. You can lift the bar out of the sleeves without banging it against the inner collars. I bought a cap to protect the barbell from my lifting platform, but you often see powerlifters lifting barbells off their platforms into other racks.
Finally, the bar has a thick knurl that didn’t even need to be broken in.
- Designed to help increase energy, stamina, and endurance.
- Tastes delicious
- Natural ingredients
- Only comes in 8 flavor options.
- Can cause some users to feel anxious
- Can cause the unwashed version of this to smell like dirty gym socks
This is a new pre-workout product that is made of 100% plant-based components. It is made of brown rice straw powder, rose petals (rosa rugosa and chamelaucium), guava, and camu-camu essential oil.
This product is best for those who are looking for an environmentally friendly product. They are also made with low-allergenic ingredients.
This product is both vegan and gluten-free. Also, CleanEnergy is great in that you can really taste the flavor of the drink. Many of the flavors are sweet and tasty. They have an energy and endurance blend that is intended to increase your stamina during your workouts. They are non-GMO and all-natural.
13. Lotus All Natural Pre Workout Supplement
- Vegan pre-workout powder – no animal products or by-products
- Features a whole-food blend of organic fruits and veggies
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Doesn’t give a jittery feeling like caffeine
- No bad aftertaste
- Can satisfy your sweet tooth while fueling your workouts
- Contains the electrolytes in which your body loses while working out
- Lightly carbonated
- Made in the USA
- An uncommon texture might throw you off at first
- Won’t give you that long-lasting pump like other pre-workouts
- Doesn’t have that energy boost that other pre-workouts do
- You have to blend the powder well or else it can be difficult to drink
- What is the best protein powder for women 2019?
Protein powders are one of the staple supplement choices for a vegan diet. The vegan market doesn’t have as much choice, so it’s important to be familiar with your product. Do your research and take the time to read over the nutrition labels and ingredient lists.
You’ll notice a lot of complex protein blends. Don’t be confused by the words proprietary blend. This just means that companies aren’t given a full list of ingredients and they can put in anything without telling you.
14. Ground-Based Nutrition Organic Natural Pre Workout
- Organic, natural, gluten free, no added sugar.
- A full palate of natural tasting flavors.
- A small amount of natural flavoring that makes it the best organic pre workout on this list.
- Creatine and Nitrates free
- No artificial flavors or sweeteners
- There is no caffeine added.
- It readily dissolves in water
- It has zero calories and zero sugar.
- It does not contain flavor enhancers.
- Tastes great with water
- It is too expensive
- Has no caffeine. Gulping it down is not the best way to enjoy it.
- It has some artificial ingredients
- It has no added Creatine or Nitrates.
The Groundsupplement is an ideal pre workout to be taken before you work out. The fact that it has no caffeine means that it is not going to interfere with sleep. Even though it is flavored, it does not contain any artificial flavoring. The sweetness of the tastes is due to natural plant extracts that are completely safe.
The Groundsupplement is available in different flavors such as Huckle Berry, Cacao, Blueberry, and Super Pomegranate. They are all sugar free, which is good for people who are on a Paleo diet.
How important is cleansing your body before you work out? Wouldn’t you rather spend your money on your exercise rather than taking expensive pills to cleanse your body? With the Groundsupplement, you can enjoy the workout and get the detox at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the most natural pre workout supplement?
Pre-workout supplements are perhaps the most popular supplements among critics and experts. They just love that an individual can go into the gym or just in their home, take a pill, drink a glass of water, and their workout will be maximally effective because of the pre that was taken.
Up until now, the only way to get a pre-workout supplement was to buy a pre-made one from a supplement company. If you wanted to get the best option available to you, all you had to do was look at the ingredient list to know if the product was made in a compromised way.
What is the cleanest pre workout?
Many preworkout supplements contain artificial colors and dangerous substances, like nitrates and nitrites. PreXTF Natural Pre Workout powder is 100% naturally derived, This is the cleanest and safest pre workout on the market.
PreXTF was also named Fave Supplement by Men's Journal in 2016 as they said "PreXTF is able to maximize strength, enhance endurance, improve speed, agility, power, and explosiveness and provide a post-workout repair."
PreXTF is all natural, without any artificial ingredients or fillers. It is vegan and vegetarian safe and contains only essential amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients.
PreXTF maximizes the very best of what the body produces naturally. It works with your body’s biochemistry to improve speed, stamina, power, agility, explosiveness and muscle endurance.
The main component – HMB (beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyric acid) has been scientifically proven to aid in protein synthesis, resulting in lean muscle growth and faster recovery from workouts.
PreXTF contains an ingredient called CinnulinPF, which is made from cinnamon extract. The supplement helps muscles recover and maintain muscle mass.
Free form amino acids in PreXTF are the building blocks of protein. They are essential to your body, which means they have to be ingested through your diet. Amino acids help build muscle and aid in recovery.
Is there a safe pre workout supplement?
The proper supplementation can dramatically improve your performance and overall results for your hard work at the gym. But as we all know, no supplement is magic, they can’t replace the healthy diet.
Many arm-chair experts will condemn the use of supplements, but when used correctly they can help you get the most out of your workout and diet. Unfortunately, supplements can also be expensive and ineffective. Here is a short list of supplements that are not only safe, but also reviewed to be effective for the users.
Organo Gold Maca is a true maca root from the Peruvian highlands, organically cultivated, with the diversity of nutrients needed by our bodies. It’s extremely valuable in restoring depleted adrenal hormones, and boosting energy levels.
Whey protein is a widely recognized supplement for muscle building and muscle growth. It‘s a by-product obtained from the cheese production, which has a high biological value, meaning its protein portion easily gets absorbed by the body.
BCAA (Branched Line Amino Acids) is by far the most effective supplement to stimulate protein synthesis for muscle building, which is a process that produces muscles. You’re putting your body in a position to rebuild your muscles, so you can see results quicker.
Pre Workout is a pre-mix of different ingredients that you’re obliged to combine during your workout. It includes ingredients that help your body produce nitric oxide and blood flow, boosting your blood volume, so you can see better results from your workouts.
The Recovery is a highly appreciated supplement that uses natural ingredients to help you rebuild muscles, as well as boost your immune system. Since muscle rebuilding takes place during sleep, this supplement increases the frequency of deep sleep.
As the name says, Nutritional Shake is a shake (powder) prepared from health food values. It’s made from whole-grain cereals, yogurt, fruits, and vegetables, aiming to offer a multivitamin supplementation.
Vegetable capsules are the best way to intake and provide the body vitamins and minerals, usually richer in natural products; most vitamins that can be found in green leafy vegetables and vegetables are also found inside the capsules.
Ultra – Man is a testosterone booster, being one of the natural supplements to increase your production of testosterone. Tests showed that after a month of use, testosterone levels increased tremendously.
What is the best pre workout 2021?
A pre-workout supplement can be used to support your workouts. These supplements provide extra muscle energy and endurance, as well as improved nutrition. The best pre-workout supplements are natural and organic, and also contain antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts to support a healthy workout.
Some people also use pre-workout supplements to boost their workouts the same way as they would use a stimulant. Some common supplements include caffeine, creatine, carnitine, l-carnitine, and nitric oxide enhancers. Before you make a decision on whether or not you want to take a pre-workout supplement, consult with your doctor. A doctor or nutritionist can determine if a pre-workout supplement is right for you.
Pre-workout products are available in forms such as capsules, tablets, powders and energy gels.
As you know, we didn't include pre-workout supplements in our Top 10 Supplements for Men (But Worth a Mention).
Instead, we decided to devote a whole separate article to this subject.
Have you ever considered that the pre-workout "Stack" you are using may contain harmful or artificial ingredients?
After all, the Onnit website guarantees that Alpha BRAIN is:
- Virtually tasteless
Yet the label below says that it contains 36 ingredients, including a "patented compound."
What does that tell you?
So we decided to begin conducting research and to compare various pre-workout products based on their ingredients and their effects on your body.
And we discovered something important…
What's even more important, we discovered that some people are worried about the side effects of these products!
As a matter of fact, one of the reviews stated the following:
Tried b4 after reading a few reviews, and feeling absolutely sick after taking it. Kinda worried now.
And another one says:
Tried this before a work out yesterday – within 5 minutes I was dizzy, nauseated, my heart rate reached rapid late 120's, I was uncomfortable where I sweating like crazy – I didn't get to even finish the workout as I puked and felt like I was going to throw up more – It may have been a bad Batch – But I'm staying away from this product.
Wow, that's a pretty serious side effect!
And if you'd like to see some more reviews, you can look at the Amazon page.
Now, we won't say that these side effects are unusual. But we worry about them because such user reports can be found on many of the best rated pre-workout supplements.
Another thing we have noticed is the fact that many users are concerned about the ingredients in these supplements.
In fact, one user said that:
L-Citrulline malate is a potentially dangerous drug. It's contained in around half the pre-workouts on the market, and the top 4 ingredients are basically caffeine, citrulline and taurine, which is a cheap alternative to the amino acid L-arginine. Taurine is sometimes held to be dangerous as well.
These are the reasons we started this research.
|Genius Pre Workout Powder||Best Overall|
|Ascent Pre Workout||Budget Pick|
|Do Vitamins||Upgrade Pick|