I mean, let’s face it, you can lift more weight using lifting straps with minimal risk of injury since they help you hold the weight for longer.
Wearing lifting straps is a form of cheating, I know, but if you want to lift more weight, nobody will blame you for it.
I’m not saying don’t try to get bigger and stronger without using them, but wearing a pair of lifting straps for big, heavy and explosive lifts like snatches and clean & jerks will definitely help you progress faster.
And getting better at the snatch and clean & jerk will make you a better weightlifter, so there isn’t much to complain about.
So here, I have tried to find the best lifting straps based on different criteria.
Which lifting straps are the most durable?
Which are the most comfortable?
And which will protect your hands best?
All of the lifting straps on this list will hold heavy weights and are comfortable to wear, but some are stronger, feel better, or more durable than others.
|Harbinger Padded Cotton Lifting Straps||Best Overall|
|DMoose Fitness Lifting Wrist Straps||Budget Pick|
|Stoic Olympic Lifting Wrist Straps Genuine Leather||Upgrade Pick|
1. Harbinger Padded Cotton Lifting Straps
- Padded wrist support
- Shoulder-length cotton strapping
- Hook and loop closure
- Cotton length is not adjustable.
This is one of the best CrossFit lifting gloves in its class because of the comfortable padded wrist support it offers. The wrist support is wide and thick, which is good for people who have wide and thick wrists.
The cotton straps are tapered, so they grip the bar nicely. The wrist support snaps around the wrist and offers a good amount of support.
2. Deadlift Straps Best Straps ON The Market Figure 8 Lifting Straps The #1 Choice
- Hooks are rubberized for a good grip
- Vibrant color
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Very high quality
- Extremely durable
- Keeps wrists straight and prevents injuries
- High-strength rated
- Top-of-the-line quality
- Great for both men and women
- Available in four color choices
- Long shipping time, sometimes, due to demand
- Some users reported quality issues with leather
- Leather scratches easily
If you’re a weightlifter or an overall power lifter, then you know no pain, no gain rule was never more true. To make your training sessions even more painless, and your workout even more effective while minimizing the chances of injury to your wrists and forearms, it’s definitely a good idea get a pair of high-quality weightlifting straps.
3. Serious Steel Fitness Figure 8 Straps
- Heavy duty workhorse.
- Best long-lasting, functional, best pair of Deadlift Straps.
- No worries about adjusting.
- Unbreakable, heat-treated spring steel.
- Fully adjustable, to fit all hand sizes.
- Doubles as hand protection.
- Value for money.
- Option to further support elbow may have been nice.
- Placement of the loop where one attaches the strap is far back which makes it far too long and uncomfortable on the wrist.
Thickness – The ‘arch’ of the strap: suitable for Heavy Lifts
Let’s take a look at the Serious Steel Fitness Figure-8 Deadlifts straps .
If we are to talk about the best workout equipment/accessories, then it should be without a doubt these straps. They are most suitable for heavy lifts. I have found them to be very useful to me over the years and to be of the highest quality. They are made using heat treated high tenacity spring steel which makes them extremely durable. The design is simple, yet effective. The Figure 8 design of the strap provides secure hold and helps in taking off pressure from your wrist. The strap has an ergonomically shaped PVC handle which gives a firm grip and at the same time provides convex shock absorption.
4. Anvil Fitness The Last Pair of Lifting Straps You'll Ever Need
- Guarantee – this is what helps make this product so popular
- Top of the line neoprene wrist wraps
- Break up sweat.
- Fully adjustable.
- Top quality.
- Longer than other brands.
- Quite pricey compared to other brands.
The straps come with a 7 day, 100% money back guarantee. If after trying the product, you do not feel that it is one of the best weight lifting straps for the money, get your money back in full.
They are offered in two different sizes and have a set of instructions on the product page on how to choose the right size for your wrist. Just know that they are designed for people who lift weights and may be too small for normal wrist sizes.
The material for the Anvil Fitness straps is thick and very comfortable. They have made the material without any seams or stitches to prevent chafing or any kind of pain.
5. Grip Power Pads PRO Level Cotton Lifting Straps
- Improved Heel Lock Hooks
- Durable Material
- Comfortable neoprene wrist wraps help prevent wrist and hand fatigue
- Non-slip silicone grip for a secure hold
- Longer length than other straps
- Breathable cotton material for sweat absorption
This is another premium weight lifting strap with an ultra-durable design that will help you maximize your lifting potential and make more lifts. It comes with non-slip silicone grip and other useful features.
The Breathable cotton material makes this CrossFit weight lifting strap very comfortable. The Grip Power Pads Pro weight lifting straps come with improved heel lock hooks.
These provide a secure hold for your foot so that you can lift more weights. The increased length makes these Crossfit weight lifting straps more comfortable for use while doing deadlifts, cleans, snatches, etc. Overall, I would say this is one of the best premium CrossFit weight lifting straps you can buy.
6. IronMind Strong-Enough Lifting Straps
- Nylon construction
- Longer than average length for added versatility
- Heavy duty stitching for durability
- Perfect for all kinds of lifts
- Comfortable to wear
- Includes a convenient carrying pouch
IronMind is a brand that is synonymous with quality. You can tell that when you use the Strong-Enough Lifting Straps. These nylon straps are 3 inches longer than average, which can come in handy for taller lifters who need more strap to grab onto.
They also offer an extra five inches of strap between your hands for added security. The strap material is sturdy and can easily support heavy weight without stretching.
Directly on the palm of the hand is a non-slip gripping patch and these features combine to create a very secure grip. The extra length and extra width also make these straps perfect for most functional training exercises.
7. Dark Iron Fitness Weightlifting Leather Suede Lifting Wrist Straps Bundle
- Superb Quality Straps for Weight Lifting
- Great for heavy lifts, easier to use at home
- Comes with pain relieving, instant relief grip added for smooth comfort
- Simple Hook/Loop design is durable and catches when not used
- Strap lengths are long and hold up
- No Stretching of stitching
- Stitching is off on hook aspect of strap after few weeks' use.
Grips for CrossFit, Push ups , Bench, Squat, Power Lifting, etc.
Staying within the gym, we can also check out the most popular lifting straps. Straps are designed to permit the user to hang heavy weights from the wrists alone, enabling them to lift heavier weights than could otherwise be achieved by using straight hands alone.
Top quality and Good Price. The weight lifting straps are built to comply with the highest quality standards and the price is affordable. The quality material makes the lifting straps durable. These straps for CrossFit will be long-lasting, of good quality and come in a variety of sizes.
8. WARM BODY COLD MIND Lifting Wrist Straps
- Sturdy Velcro.
- Comfortable, sturdy, durable.
- Doesn't rip your wrists.
- Thick and wide strap
- Can't find a pair of these in your gym.
- You may get scratches on the barbells.
- The straps are not made for Crossfit.
The WBCM lifting strap is available in four different sizes. You can use them when performing heavy weights at CrossFit training for a better grip.
The WBCM lifting strap is made of durable cotton with Velcro closure that makes it long lasting. Use it for lifting, squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, bench presses, and many more.
The WBCM lifting strap is available in different colors, and you can choose the one you like. It is double stitched, and the straps have a sturdy Velcro closure with a wider area that makes it more comfortable for lifting. It is tapered at the end, for better gripping.
9. Wrist Wraps + Lifting Straps Bundle
- Velcro is in high quality.
- The gloves feel light due to soft leather.
- The wrist wraps are versatile.
- The material is a little thin.
- The wraps are a little loose, but you can tighten them.
- The gloves feel a little stiff. They will break in with time.
This combo pack includes wrist wraps and lifting straps.
These wrist wraps and lifting straps are made of soft leather. They’re great for working out in the gym. These items are stylish, comfortable, and high quality.
These lifting straps provide support for all kinds of weight-lifting exercises. You can use them for chest presses, squats, bench presses, and many other exercises.
10. DMoose Fitness Lifting Wrist Straps
- Very comfortable, especially if you are an absolute beginner.
- Great for a wider range of weight lifting combinations than most straps on the market.
- There have been a few complaints regarding the straps smelling very strongly after a couple of weeks of use.
- The lifespan of each can be either very short, or very long, but on average, they last around 3-4 months, which is about how long you should use strap before switching to a new pair.
Bench Press, Wrist Support and Training Aid for Bar Muscle Up.
DMoose’s brace is adjustable. This allows you to make it as tight as you like, which eases pressure on the elbow or shoulder joints.
The product is made from high-quality materials. It is strong and durable, and you can wash it in the washing machine (by hand).
11. Stoic Olympic Lifting Wrist Straps Genuine Leather
- Genuine leather straps
- Wraps help prevents falling and sprains
- Padded and ventilated for comfort and stability
- Increase wrist support for better technique
- Velcro fastening for easy entry and removal
- Reinforced seams, reinforced
- Brought down by 10 kilograms
- Not well-constructed on the edges and the seams
- Colors are darker than expected
- Doesn’t come in many sizes
- The length seems shorter
- The first few weeks of use the velcro wore unevenly
If you're serious about your lifting, you likely think about using lifting straps to help you perform the most effective lifts possible. When doing overhead lifts, deadlifts, or even bicep curls, you need the added wrist support to avoid injury.
So, if you're serious about lifting, then you know about lifting straps, and you may also have a pair of your favorite straps from the brand name you love. However, if you're curious (like many other serious lifters) about an affordable, quality pair of lifting straps, then this pair of straps from Stoic is a good option.
12. IRON APE Figure 8 Straps
- Highly customizable.
- Pretty darn cheap.
- Easily adjustable.
- You can wear it on any hand.
- The gloves come in a compact size.
- Can be adjusted to almost any hand size.
- Unless you like the color blue, you’ll have to settle for black.
- You can only adjust the gloves to certain sizes.
- The gloves do not have an inside liner.
For people who feel that regular straps do not offer enough wrist support, this pair of gloves will make the task a whole lot easier. It is a figure of 8 strap that stretches over the hand and wrist. It is designed to provide support to the wrist without being obtrusive.
The material used to construct this item is a combination of cotton, polyester, and neoprene which makes it resistant to sweat and tears. It is the perfect finishing touch for workouts that involve a lot of lifting as it offers a wrist support that keeps the wrist from straining.
13. Bear Grips Lifting Straps
- Great for those who dislike wearing gloves.
- These straps could be used for exercises such as deadlifts, bench presses, or shrugs.
- Cute colors that will go with any exercise outfit.
- Attach and detach easily.
- Not ideal for those with large hands.
- Some felt the straps were too large or too wide.
- Straps may need to be broken in before using.
For those who dislike wearing gloves during their workout or while lifting weights, you can use these straps to provide extra support. The strap is really easy to install. It can be used for various workouts, athletic activities, and lifting weights. This is a great alternative for individuals who have trouble gripping the weights well. Also, they do not have to struggle when their hands sweat. These straps will keep your hands strong and dependable. They are also comfortable to give the user the perfect fit. The materials are tested for various conditions and will hold up well.
The users can choose from the sizes that are available for each pair of straps. These are soft, comfortable, and very strong. They are also long enough to be adjusted easily and correctly. This is very important for the users to get the correct weight.
14. Spud, Inc. 2" Lifting Straps
- Extend your range of motion
- Improve gripping power
- Help build forearm strength
- Recommended to carry 75% of your back squat
- Great for deadlifts and cleans
- Comfortable, easy to use
The Spud Inc. 2” Lifting Straps include a comfortable closure system and pair well with 2” Olympic bars. They are recommended for those who have adequate overall wrist strength for lifts of 60-75% of the back squat. They are ideal for those with longer arms or big hands. The spud is the best pair of lifting straps for heavy lifts.
The strap features a no-slip elastic closure with extra length sewn in at the top to allow for easier all-around use. They are good quality and worth the price. It’s not the longest strap on the market but it is long enough for everyday gym use. The heavy duty cotton is ideal for keeping the straps in good shape over time.
15. RDX Weight Lifting Straps
- Padded wrist support that is comfortable on your hands
- Oxford fabric that grips well and feels soft
- Conveniently packaged in twos
- The hook and loop closure is easy to adjust
- Great for powerlifting, bodybuilding, gym workouts, strength training, deadlifts and fitness work
- High-quality material that can withstand heavy weight training during workouts and barbells have a weight rating of 300lbs
- Strong and durable, lasting for a long time so you can buy them without worrying about quality
- Probably not suitable for those with very small wrists as the sizing chart can be misleading.
- These wrist straps are a great for those who want a long lasting product and like the convenience that a wrist pad can provide.
- The durable material can withstand heavy weight when lifting and adds the additional security of a silicone pad that secures your grip and eliminates the risk of dropping the barbell.
16. Average Broz Weight Lifting Straps by ABG
- Breathable, padded protection.
- Gel-ribbed with ergonomic thumb loops.
- Available in over 40 color combinations.
- High-quality leather.
- Straps are not long enough for some.
- The wrist support is not thick enough to cushion smaller/smaller wrists.
- Not very much padding.
If you are looking for a decent pair of weight lifting straps and they are currently not sagging off your wrists, then this product may be your best bet.
These weight lifting straps are designed to wear around the wrists to help you lift more weight than would normally be possible. While not all people need a pair of weight lifting straps, if you are doing a lot of heavy lifting, then these may be intended for you. .
They are primarily designed to help the average person who does not have the wrist strength to hold onto heavy weight for extended sets (i.e. heavy bench, squat, deadlifts, etc.).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best weight lifting straps?
You should always have a few pairs of lifting straps with you. Don't use them often? You'll be surprised just how quickly you find them useful. You will find numerous types of straps, though the best ones are made from leather and have several strengthening non-slip indents.
You need to take care of your hands, though. Use lifting straps where appropriate, but don't use them to the exclusion of good hand care. You should wash your hands after each use, wear moisturizer regularly and take time to use a pumice stone to smooth rough skin.
Are straps good for lifting?
Yes, and no. Lifting straps are used by some weightlifters to improve their grip on the bar for heavy lifts on big lifts.
However, there is a bit of a controversy about whether or not this is cheating. Some federation officials won’t allow them in competitions, but many lifters find them helpful for certain competitions. Some lifters use weightlifting straps for virtually every single lifts they perform in the gym, while other lifters refuse to use them in any circumstance.
If you don’t use them to cheat in competitions, then yes, lifting straps are perfectly fine for lifting. You should be aware of the controversy, but anyone who is training to get stronger is going to find them useful.
How much more weight can you lift with straps?
If your grip on certain exercises like deadlifts is the only thing holding you back, lifting straps may not solve the problem. If you really struggle with grip strength and your grip is the limiting factor, then beefy lifting straps will probably help you match your previous grip-strength performances.
If you are relatively new to lifting and/or are lifting at a level that isn't near your 1-rep max, then chances are you might see some measurable growth by getting lifting straps to assist with your grip a bit.
If your grip is your limiting factor, you will get the most value out of your lifting straps if you have been through the process of gradually moving closer to your 1-rep max. So if you rarely deadlift or make use of squats, good luck using previous warm-up weights with your straps.
Are figure 8 straps better?
Some people claim that figure-8 straps are better than straight straps, but I don�۪t agree. Figure 8 straps do indeed have a loop in the middle of each strap, but they still only have 2 attachment points (2 ends and 1 loop in the middle).
Every lifter out there knows how important heavy wrist support is for that heavy last rep of a set or for that final few of your deadlift or bench surpassing your one rep max. Wrist straps are designed to protect and support your wrists from injury and are used almost by every lifter at some point in their lifting career.
There is a wide variety of different types of weightlifting wrist straps available on the market. You can choose from velcro or non-velcro versions and the best leather lifting straps, which are commonly used by strongmen and power lifters to endure the toughest of moments during a big lift.
|Harbinger Padded Cotton Lifting Straps||Best Overall|
|DMoose Fitness Lifting Wrist Straps||Budget Pick|
|Stoic Olympic Lifting Wrist Straps Genuine Leather||Upgrade Pick|