Grips are that small piece of equipment that, if you’ve ever had their use explained to you, you will never ever go without. These quick-fitting pieces of elastic material are mainly there to help you maintain a solid, sweaty grip on the bar, so that you don’t drop it from those last few reps before the next set of exercises.
|Bear KompleX 3 Hole Leather Hand Grips||Best Overall|
|ProFitness Leather Cross Training Grips||Budget Pick|
|Bear KompleX 2 Hole Leather Hand Grips||Upgrade Pick|
1. Bear KompleX 3 Hole Leather Hand Grips
- Billed as the most comfortable hand grips on the market.
- Washable with leather for more longevity.
- Reviews indicate that they relieve wrist pain or strain.
- Can easily be trimmed to fit smaller hands.
- Some reviewers have been using them for over a year, with no sign of wear yet.
- Comes in multiple sizes and wrist strap colors for your preference.
- Very affordable price point.
- Some users advise to measure your hands or wrists first to ascertain the best size for you.
- Reviewers think they fit small, particularly if your hands are larger than average.
- Some users note that the leather begins to fray after continued use.
Exercise Gloves, Black.
2. ProFitness Leather Cross Training Grips
- High absorption
- Durable padded leather
- Provides strong wrist support
- Attractive design for both men and women
- Great for pull-ups and kettlebell swings
- Versatile enough to be used for weighlifting, cross training, and hand-to-hand combat
- Rubber grips can dig into skin if not broken in
- Might not be appropriate for men with large hands/wrists
Cross Training, MMA, Strength Training.
The ProFitness Leather Cross Training Grips are great for pull-ups, kettlebells, and hand-to-hand combat. They are made from high-quality leather and reinforced with Velcro to provide extra support for wrist stability. The leather is high-absorbency and is perfect for Pull-Up and Kettlebell workouts because they protect your wrist and palms from rips and tears.
Because each palm is made from leather, you don’t have to worry about sweaty hands becoming slippery. The leather provides good grip and absorbs sweat to keep your hands dry. This product is 5 inches long from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinky finger.
3. JerkFit WODies Hand Grips
- Following the market feedback, the new version also has a higher elasticity Velcro wrist wrap to offer you more protection on the wrist band.
- We tried to make it more comfortable and durable. We are really proud of the result and hope you feel the same way.
- They are perfect for Cross Training, Weightlifting (dumbbells, Olympic barbells, kettlebells, etc.), Bodyline, and Gymnastics.
- You can also wash these grips several times when you are done for the day and they come out looking like new.
- These hand grips are carefully designed to be both durable and comfortable. You will get many different colors so that you can choose the one that matches your clothing and your style.
- We believe that these hand grips are perfect for any type of training. You won’t be sorry you chose these! We offer a 100% money back guarantee to prove our confidence in them.
Although they are extremely comfortable, they aren’t the best choice for a really intense training session. We highly recommend them for bodyline and Crossfit training.
If you enjoy the occasional pull up or time in the gym but are too embarrassed to walk around with your hands all torn up, then you should consider buying the JerkFit WODies.
4. Bear KompleX 2 Hole Leather Hand Grips
- Soft material for a comfortable grip
- Leather texture for a good grip
- Two holes to increase grip
- Hand straps included
- Durable construction
Looking for a pair of hand grips that performs better than a roll of tape? Bear KompleX is the solution. It’s leather texture and two holes makes performing pull-ups, rows, power cleans and other lifting exercises easy.
It’s strong and durable so you can be sure it will last for a long time. It’s also one of the most affordable choices, considering that so many of them are made from much cheaper materials, but this one holds up really well. Do note, however, that this one is just for light-duty use. It's not a heavy-duty option, and it will not support you if you're doing a heavy pull-up; it's simply not capable of that kind of strength.
5. AEOLOS Leather Gymnastics Hand Grips-Great
- Excellent grip
- Durable velcro strap
- 2 in 1 product: hand grip and weight lifting wrist wrap
- 4 sizes available: XS, S, M, L
- Available in 2 different colors
This simple but efficient product will be of great help for your hand grip. The set includes leather straps designed to improve the grip of your hands when doing heavy workouts. The straps are durable and easy to use.
The product is made of quality leather and gives a comfortable feel. Definitely a great way to improve your performance before and after workouts. This product is one of the best hand grips for crossfit.
6. Godzilla Grip Fitness Gloves
- Great grip during lifts.
- Good wrist support and stability.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- May work better for people with longer fingers.
- Some areas of the palm can be uncomfortable.
- Might not be good for people with very small hands.
Fitness Gym Exercise.
Men’s and women’s crossfit gloves made by a Japanese company called “ZillaGrips”. It has been over 2 years since they’ve launched their first fitness gloves, and they’ve sold thousands of pairs of gloves.
These gloves provide unmatched grip, stability, and breathability, and are perfect for lifting, pull ups, rope climbs, chin ups, and anything else you can think of. They are made of leather and spandex, and they are anatomically fit, and made to provide maximum mobility and comfort, while giving you full protection.
7. Mava Sports Cross Training Gloves
- Free size fits all.
- Great quality, supportive, and comfortable.
Overall Length: 8.2 in Width: 4.1 in Weight: 17.6oz/7in Wrist Circumference
Your hands are a very important part used in the performing of a CrossFit WOD – they limit the amount of weight you can lift. But why damage them unnecessarily?
These fingertips CrossFit gloves help you prevent calluses or lessen their effect, and they keep your grip tight and secure. The gloves are silicone padded, so they’re supposed to grip heavy items like barbells and weights without slipping.
8. Mava Sports Leather Padding Gloves Cross Training Gloves
- Flexible finger design for good mobility.
- Very durable and comfortable for lifting weights, cross training and other fitness needs.
- Great wrist support with strong velcro fastening system.
- The extra padding around wrist make this pair stand out from the crowd.
- Not much flexibility.
- No extra space for the thumb, so you cannot push the bar forward.
- The padding is a bit thick, which reduces the comfort level.
9. Cross Training Fitness Grips by Emerge
- Fit well under gloves.
- Provide full finger grip.
- Long-lasting grip.
- Finger holes at base of wrist brace.
- Can be used for many different CrossFit movements.
- Sizing chart available.
- User manual included.
- Free shipping.
- Will not prevent finger bruising, but should reduce the pain.
- Restricted finger movement, especially in heavy weight lifts.
- Bulky and awkward during complex or highly intricate movements.
- Seem flimsy.
- Finger holes give the impression of causing finger sprains.
If you are looking for a CrossFit hand protection that will give you the hand grip to perform your lifts with confidence in your technique, then look no further. Emerge Fitness gives you the ability to protect both the thick base of your palm and the delicate finger joints, each needing a different level of protection. They perform well with any finger movements that you would commonly see in CrossFit movements, WODs, and gymnastics.
The Emerge Fitness Cross Training Fitness Grips come in two sizes. They can be worn with gloves, but are special protection for your hand and fingers with or without gloves.
10. New Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves
- Easy to use, comfortable and durable.
- Ideal for lifting or squats at the gym.
- Provides excellent support for the wrists.
- Great fitting and feel.
- Made of durable material.
- Adjustable and fits all sizes of hands.
- Firm grip on barbells.
- Great value for money.
- Some people feel that these gloves are quite short but this does not make them uncomfortable.
The Weider Pro weightlifting gloves are designed to fit any type of hand, regardless of its size or shape. It also provides support for the wrists, giving added stability to heavy exercises.
The gloves come in large quantities. This means that you will find it a breeze to replace one if it’s lost. They are also affordable, which is a huge plus.
They are designed using synthetic leather and open cell foam. This is a design that provides the user with a firm grip on the barbells or other weightlifting equipments.
11. WODFitters Textured Leather Hand Grips
- Protects your hands from calluses
- Helps to reduce stress and chafing
- Material is water resistant
- Foam padding on gripping surface
- Shipping is free
- Some customer reviews noted the grips tore
- The grips are big for smaller women
WODFitters has one of the best ways to protect your hands from calluses, blisters, and stress when doing heavy lifts and pull-ups. The grips are made from high quality leather that is soft and comfortable – yet durable. These grips are made to last!
The pebbled surface has unbeatable traction, so you will never drop the bar or weights during a set again. You will also love the foam padding which acts as insulation to give your hands a little leg up on insulating your hands from the hard cold equipment or steel bars you are using. You will be able to lift more, longer with these “grips”.
12. WOD Nation Leather Barbell Gymnastics Grips Perfect
- Lead free
- Does not shrink after pulling
- Very comfortable
- The leather holds up very well for a long time
- They are very easy to clean
- Very versatile
- Very lightweight
- Very affordable
- If your hands sweat it is harder to hold onto things.
And Much More!
This is one of the top gymnastic grips. They come in black and come in an extra large. They are lightweight, easy to use, and very effective. They make pull-ups and other kinds of workouts much easier to handle. If you are looking to get a pair of gymnastic grips, then this should be on your short list.
13. KAYANA 2 Hole Leather Gymnastics Hand Grips
- Very Cheap
- Quality seems good
- The texture of the leather wasn’t very smooth.
- Some users complained of the rubber inside making QD hurt their hands.
- The velcro on the strap is quite loud.
Our second pick of basic hand grips is the Kayana grips. The Kayana grips are made of a comfortable leather material for maximum grip and protection. They are also thicker than most hand grips, which helps a lot when you are doing chin ups and barbell work.
The velcro strap is reinforced with double stitching at the point where it attaches to the leather. And last, but not least, the price is right.
14. Best Gymnastics Grips
- Stays in place very well
- More effective than gloves
- Grips are a solid 1 inch wide
- They are colored, so they do not work if you want to hide your grip.
- These grips are made of nylon that blends in with your skin tone for ultimate function and to help you hide your grip.
One of the main reasons to use a CrossFit gym is to get better at CrossFit. Improve your WOD times, lift heavier weights, and finish more reps. How do you do that?
Remember using a weighted vest for the first time? Remember how it made you feel like you could do anything? That’s kinda how you feel when you start to apply these tips.
Important note: A lot of these fitness tips come from people who have been in the game for many years. They are tried and true, which is why I use them myself. Some of these tips are even considered mandatory by hardcore CrossFitters.
15. PHERAL FIT Natural Leather Hand Grips
- Extra wide grip
- Gripping surfaces have great texture.
- 2 months free shipping.
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Durable cotton material
- 1 size fits all
- It does not smell
- Conveniently goes under the wrist straps of your gloves.
- Some users complain the dimensions aren’t accurate.
- The wrist strap gets twisted for some users.
- The leather material doesn’t last long.
The Pheral fit product is made of leather with non-slip silicone. These gymnastics grips are specifically meant for gymnastics, CrossFit, pull-ups, chin-ups, weightlifting, rows, the gym, kettlebells, running, rowing, and deadlifts and all other workout activities.
The product comes in black, and it is available in one size that fits all. With the product’s two-month free shipping, there is really nothing to lose especially that the manufacturer offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
16. 321 STRONG Premium Leather Hand Grips
- Great for pull-ups, push-ups, lifting, and inverted rows
- Leather and neoprene design for extra support
- Low-key design fits into any gym bag
- Most users seem to really love these
- please order the correct size
- The small size for a man is supposed to be large
- and the large for a man is meant to be extra-large.
A lot of people ask about what the best grips for pull-ups are, and so this is one of the most popular choices for that.
These are leather/neoprene hand grips for men and women that are designed to fit right in with any workout. They are great all-around grips that can also be used for boxing, MMA, and other sports.
These hand grips also have a very low-key and minimal look, so they fit in with almost any gym or training environment. They are not flashy, but they are also not basic and annoying like some of the other options out there. Most people like that.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which gymnastics grips are the best?
So why do people wear gymnastic grips and what are the best options available? There are many different types of gymnastics grips, but they all do the same thing, wrap around your hands and help to increase grip strength and endurance.
The reason why gymnastics grips are so popular is because gymnasts wear them to protect their hands from rope burns and to improve grip strength for handstands. Since gymnastic grips help to protect your hands and improve grip strength, they are suitable for any activity that requires you to grip with your hands, for example, CrossFit, rock-climbing, weight training, power-lifting, and any other activity you would want to wear gymnastic grips for. They are an inexpensive way to protect your hands as well as to increase your grip strength.
What grips do CrossFit Games athletes use?
You can see CrossFit Games athletes using many different types and styles of grips. To find out what you like best, you should try a lot for yourself. Some work better for certain hand sizes than others. Some are more comfortable than others. Some are more durable than others.
In the end, it is up to you to find the different brands and styles that you like best. But with different types to choose from, you are bound to find a winner at least a couple of them.
How do you wear CrossFit grips?
They are wrapped around your wrists when you use them for pull-ups or chin-ups. That way, you can pull yourself up quickly and not lose your grip. You can also wear them when performing other exercises where you push or pull a weight.
How are bear Komplex grips measured?
Bear Komplex grips are measured by the circumference of the hand measured from the crease on your palm to the top of your ring finger knuckle. If you do not know your hand size, you can measure your hand using a tape measure or string. You can measure two different ways to ensure an accurate measurement. To measure your hand/wrist you will want to measure with your hand/wrist in a similar position that you use for the bear Komplex grips.
You will want to measure with your hand open and with your hand closed. This way you are able to find the true circumference of your hand. To measure your hand with your hand closed you wrap your string or tape measure around the top of your hand as shown.
To measure your hand open you will want to wrap the string or tape measure around the back of your hand just before the knuckles. This will give you a bit more of an open measurement instead on a closed one.
Crossfit and gymnastics have so much in common. They have a lot of movements that are mirror images of each other but there are some slight differences that will be revealed in this article.
So, if you were a gymnast before, you may immediately recognise some of these moves and they may feel a bit different to you.
At the end of this article, you'll have a better understanding of what these differences are and how they're similar to gymnastics.
So without further ado, let's get into this list of the best gymnastics grips for CrossFit and hand grips.
|Bear KompleX 3 Hole Leather Hand Grips||Best Overall|
|ProFitness Leather Cross Training Grips||Budget Pick|
|Bear KompleX 2 Hole Leather Hand Grips||Upgrade Pick|