Nowadays we see more and more attention dedicated to female athletes, an idea that has been popular for many years, although it is finally being recognized. Male athletes have the perception that females, especially professional ones, get special treatment because they are doing what they love or are gifted at. There is no argument that this gives female athletes a bit of a bonus but not the way you think. The truth is often that the male athletes don’t take women’s sports seriously and don’t push them to their limit. This results in female athletes being the ones to push and push to be better than the men because in the end, it only benefits them to do so.
The women who are in Crossfit’s are athletes who are competing on every level, whether it is regionals or the games, they are in it to win it and are not afraid to stand side by side with their male counterparts. Women like each of the women below are just that, professional athletes in their fields who are here to compete as hard as they can in every aspect. All five of the women we will be delving into have attended and competed in either the CrossFit Games or the Crossfit regionals, and it is evident to see just why.
|Herschel Strand Shoulder Bag||Best Overall|
|adidas Diablo Small Duffel||Budget Pick|
|Nike unisex-adult Sportswear Hayward Futura Backpack||Upgrade Pick|
1. Herschel Strand Shoulder Bag
- The Waterguard fabric is durable and water resistant.
- Cleaning a little watermark is enough to keep the bag looking neat and tidy.
- It’s lightweight, and it has an adjustable strap which can go down to the size of 16-inch.
- Two zip fastening pockets on the front side.
- An external pocket on the back side that is perfect to hold your water bottle
- The adjustable strap with the clasp hook is useful in supporting the bag’s weight.
- It’s not as durable as other bags made of hard fabrics.
- It’s hard to zip and unzip.
It is a success when a beautiful bag can successfully combine style and functionality. If you think that these characteristics can be a cakewalk, then you’re wrong.
Herschel, with its strong background in making bags, has created a fantastic bag that is both stylish and functional.
It’s also great for your workouts. The slim fit provides a lot of room, allowing you to put your shoes and workout attire in.
2. adidas Diablo Small Duffel
- Comfortable and durable.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Easily stored.
- Amazing quality.
- Little expensive.
- Some user complains about quality.
- Not enough space.
If you have a tight budget, then you can go with an affordable bag for your gym. This bag has an amazing quality for the price you pay. It is a light weight duffel bag and excellent for short trips to the gym or when you are going to the beach. It is cool and the main compartment has a divider inside. This bag comes in black and pink color. It is very feminine and a great option for women.
This is one of the best bags for women and works as a great gym bag. It has a lightweight design and is one of the most popular and best-selling bags in the market. It does not give an out of shape look and the material seems durable. The bag comes in different colors and a great choice for women.
This is another great option of the best bag for women for gym. The bag is small and is made of nylon and polyester. It does not take a lot of space when you store it. It has a beautiful color and an attractive design. It has several pockets outside for you to store your essentials. It is a lightweight and durable bag. Great for women who are looking for a bag within a budget.
3. Sports Gym Bag
- Large. High capacity. Can hold everything needed for 1 person.
- Outstanding, attractive design.
- Lightweight and top quality material.
- Spacious. Including a room for shoes.
- The top flap is magnetic, it can be completely folded down.
- Mesh side pockets for your water bottle.
- Reflective fabric on the front side.
- Two drawstrings on the side that can be used to keep things in place.
- The shoulder strap is extra-long and made to last.
- The color is blue, but it seems more like a slightly dark gray to us. Not quite navy, but not light enough to be considered true gray. We wish it were a little dark gray or lighter navy.
- This is not suitable for people under 5’5.
- The top does not have a strap to hold keys.
· Large bag for men and women.
· Large shoe compartment.
· Two large zippered partitions.
4. adidas unisex-adult Daybreak II Backpack
- Separate storage for shoes, gym shoes, extra clothes, food, and miscellaneous items.
- Rear zippered pocket for sunglasses, ipod, or other small items.
- Hydration bladder included with accessible ports for additional hoses.
- Large external pockets for keys, wallet, smartphone.
- Mesh side pockets for water bottles or other unstructured items.
- Very comfortable for running or just carrying around.
- Large front pocket to store a book, magazine, and other papers.
- Straps are a bit short for the tall person.
The adidas unisex bag is a large bag for men or women. It will hold everything you need to go to the gym, and then some.
It has a solid internal structure to hold items firmly in place. The shoe pocket is ventilated and large enough to fit men’s size 15 or 16 shoe. There is also a ventilated rear pouch for damp clothes that can be thrown in the wash when you get home.
The large front pocket is useful for storing books or magazines, and the large external pockets on the sides are great for storing a sweaty shirt to keep in a plastic bag until you can wash it. It also comes with a bladder so you can carry water with you, and external ports for additional hoses. The mesh side pockets are great for storing water bottles or other unstructured items. This bag is great for just carrying around throughout the day because it has a more comfortable design than most duffels.
5. Under Armour Womens On Balance Backpack
- Multi-compartment design
- Stylish, sleek, and comfortable
- Durable with plenty of storage
- The straps are solid and can accommodate heavy loads
This backpack from Under Armour is stylish, comfortable, and durable. It includes an adjustable strap length, so it can be adjusted to fit the owner’s body. It is made of heavy-duty polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) coating, so you know it is going to last for a long time.
This bag has plenty of pockets and compartments to help you stay organized. It holds items securely and has a large internal storage. It can be a bit large, but that can be a plus for some, as it will fit your extra long yoga mat.
More importantly, it will hold all your gym clothes, shoes, and essentials, so you can head straight from the gym to dinner, a cafe, or your office. It also has plenty of ventilation, so sweaty clothes will dry quickly. If you don’t want to carry it on your back, it also has an ergonomic grab handle so you can carry it by the top.
6. MIER 20 Inches Sports Gym Bag Travel Duffel Bag
- Very affordable
- Plenty of pockets for all your gear
- Good for kids, too
- It’s a little bit small and might not fit all of your stuff
- Not the most attractive bag on the planet
This is a big, chunky, padded, duffel-style bag that you can throw over your shoulder like a backpack. It has plenty of room for your gear, your shoes, and still has some pockets for your wallet, keys, and phone.
It’s a little bit small but it’s great for your day to day gym needs.
7. Fjallraven, Kanken Classic Backpack
- Beautiful colors
- Great quality
- Durable material
- Lots of space
- Water resistant
- The straps are a bit tight
- The straps get dirty very quickly
- Not the most affordable backpack
This is another popular traditional backpack for CrossFit, which features a roomy main compartment with zippered pockets for a water bottle, pens, and other small items, plus a small zippered pouch at the front for your keys. It has minimal branding and looks gorgeous in colors ranging from Santorini blue to black indigo.
The straps are padded, which is a godsend in hot, sweaty gun gyms, but they can get a little stretchy when you’re carrying lots of stuff and may dig into your shoulders.
It’s not the most affordable of the bags we reviewed, but it’s well made and has been thoroughly tested by professional athletes. The company also recycles plastic bottles into fabric and dyes, and donates a part of the proceeds to protecting the great outdoors.
8. Runetz – Gym Bag
- You can carry both your Gym Bag for Women & Men and your regular bag with this gym bag.
- The construction quality is awesome.
- There’s an external pocket on the main compartment that fits my 15.6" laptop perfectly.
- There are plenty of zippered compartments for all my gym gear.
- The straps on the bag are long enough, so I can adjust the length of the straps to fit my body perfectly.
- The construction and material of this bag is very sturdy. It will last me quite a few years.
- I am able to fit everything I need and can easily take this bag on weekend trips.
- I rarely write reviews, but in this case I had to. I honestly couldn’t be happier with my purchase.
- A little expensive but it’s worth it.
Our next option in this review is from our friends at Runetz. This is one of the best gym bags on the market. This large workout duffle bag is great for travel, school, or sports.
The bag can be used for multiple types of workouts such as cardio, weight lifting, and cross training. It boasts a convenient built-in clothes hanger, so you can always look your best.
It features a large main pocket that can be used for any of the above activities. There are smaller external pockets to store your valuables.
9. Vooray Burner
- Small but can fit a lot of gear
- Knee pads
- Great for the price
- Sweat resistant design
- Padded laptop sleeve
- Cross-body strap design
- Support strap
What Is The Best Gym Bag For Women in 2020?
If you’re a female lifter, then you’re going to want a gym bag that is truly a gym bag.
It’s going to be workhorse that lives in your trunk, hauling all your gear to the gym or to work. It’s going to get soaked and messy and carry food in it. It’s going to go on some pretty intense adventures.
10. Nike unisex-adult Sportswear Hayward Futura Backpack
- Lots of room
- Foldable canopy stroller with a top entry
- Great price, a bargain for the quality
- Has a pocket for your baby’s diapers and other necessities
- Heavy duty, yet lightweight and easy to carry
- Too large for petite people or those who already have heavy bags to carry
- The diaper compartment doesn’t have a place for wet wipes, etc.
For the price, this is an excellent gym bag and a great buy. It has lots of room, so you can pack everything you need for a day at the gym, including your laptop, a change of shoes, and water bottles. It also has a separate compartment for diapers along with a changing pad, so you don’t have to carry a separate diaper change bag. Plus, it has a foldable canopy stroller, so you can safely stash your little one as you work out.
The bottom line: It almost doesn’t matter if you’re a first time mom or just want to have a little extra room to pack more stuff; this Sportswear Hayward Futura is the bag for you.
Chapter 1: Babywalkers
11. Herschel Sutton Mid Duffle Navy/red
- Durable construction.
- Large (but not too large) interior space. Perfect size for a gym bag.
- Good balance between organization and external storage (which is plentiful and allows you to get everything you need in and out quickly.
- Padded for protection of contents.
- Sizing is not ideal for taller people.
- Might be too large a bag for some uses.
- Some people report quality control problems.
Best for everyday use, this functional duffle is a top choice for many gym goers. Despite the relatively high price, we still think this is one of the best gym bags. It can also be used for travel.
The wide shoulder strap padding with a strap made of a breathable material adds to comfort. It has the standard top carry handle and two side handles.
Wide glass reinforced bottom keeps it from getting cut when it’s placed on the floor or ground in the presence of your gym’s sawdust or corrosive floor cleaners.
12. Adidas By Stella McCartney Small Gym Bag
- Will fit your shoes and a full gym outfit even if you are a plus size lady.
- Straps are comfortable even if carrying heavier loads.
- Looks crisp and clean when carrying.
- Plenty of space for all your gym and work essentials.
- Ideal for both bodybuilders and crossfitters.
- Padded shoulder straps for more comfort.
- Special compartment for your laptop or a tablet not to mention a space for your gym water bottle and other accessories.
- A bright red zipper pulls that look sophisticated.
- The high-quality material it is made of ensures that your items are well protected.
- The internal dimensions are small, in fact not large enough for more than that.
- Does not come cheap.
This small Adidas bag is ideal for those women who love to hit the gym, run with friends, and go to the office and be organized. This is considered to be the best bag for your gym clothes and shoes. It is spacious and it is made of a high-quality material that gives you peace of mind that your valuables are not going to get damaged while you are out. It comes with all sorts of different storage options to accommodate all your gym equipment and other stuff. It has a dedicated compartment for your laptop and your water bottle and in addition to that, it has other organizational compartments as well. Plus, the ergonomic shoulder straps will give you more comfort in getting it around.
13. Nike Gym Club
- Hydration pocket
- Easy-to-carry straps
- Lots of pockets for organization
- Durable fabric
Shoe compartment size is limited. Not good for men or women who have large feet.
The Nike Gym Club Duffel Bag is extremely similar to the Adidas duffel bag. It has a ventilated shoe compartment with AirCushion technology that provides some comfort and protection. It also allows air to circulate, which helps prevent stinky shoes.
It weighs slightly more than the Adidas bag, but it is still quite lightweight.
14. Lululemon Run All Day Backpack II
- Made from durable fabric.
- Roomy. You can easily fit your gym clothes, shoes, shower essentials, important documents and other gym gear, and there will be extra room.
- For a slim gym back that’s big on space, grab the Lululemon Run All Day Backpack II.
- Removable cylindrical bag fits shoes and is removable as well.
- Neoprene padded straps and back panel.
- The seams can be prone to ripping if not handled with care.
This gym bag is one of the best crossbody gym bags. It is surprisingly roomy, considering how slim it looks. The Lululemon Run All Day Bag will fit everything you need and is excellent for traveling.
It is very lightweight, and easy to carry. It has a cylindrical padded bag that can fit a pair of shoes. It is removable too, so you can use the bag to store dirty laundry.
We love the padded straps that hold the bag close to your body. This is really convenient when you’re out for a walk and want to steer clear of puddle splashes.
15. Under Armour UA On The Run Tote OSFA PURPLE EMERITE
- Roomy main compartment
- Front and side accessory pockets
- Can accommodate weight plates
- Built-in shoe bag
- Water-resistant fabric
- Zippered main compartment
- Carries up to 20 pounds of weight
- Expandable side pockets
- Interior organization
- Durable material
- Shoulder strap too wide
This roomy bag comes from one of the biggest names in gym bags. Tons of people love the sleek style, high quality materials and premium feel of this high tech gym bag. Another big favorite is the bag’s sturdy interior, which can be unzipped to reveal a pocket where you can drop in a tablet or a change of clothes. Plus, the main pocket is expandable, which allows you to have that much more packing capacity.
Many people think it’s too big, but those who buy it, end up coming back for another (usually a smaller size) because they love it so much.
We love that this gym bag is made from high-quality water-resistant fabric. It has a padded strap and padded back panel, and a built-in shoe compartment. We’re not wild about the metal hook on the front (thought it’s cool with a decorative plate), but it does help you control the size of the bag; when empty, the bag collapses down to a compact size.
16. Nike Heritage Gym Sack
- Has dual handles for carrying.
- Has strong stitching.
- Has two large compartments.
- Has two front zipper side pockets with mesh.
- Zipper is smooth and quality.
- Has a sturdy base.
- Has a cushioned shoulder strap.
- Zipper pulls are good size.
- Material is strong and resistant to water.
- One shoulder strap is adjustable.
- Size is not good for a lot of equipment.
- Color may fade.
Conclusion: The Nike Heritage Gym Sack is a great bag for the price and size. It’s not too big and not too small and it’s easy to carry and pack. Its ventilated shoe compartment is great, but will not fit larger shoes such as men’s basketball shoes. The material is strong and durable and holds up well to heavy use. This is a women’s gym bag that can be used by men for sure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best gym bag for women?
We have found that women find the most success using a stylish gym bag with multiple compartments, lots of room to store their gym clothes and drinks and towels and other miscellaneous waste products. We like to see a separate compartment for shoes as they tend to stink up a bag and are best to be kept separate.
If you want more suggestions, we have updated this review in December 2018. We have found the best gym bags for women that can be used for the gym or when traveling. Those are:
But for some women, it's not all about style. Just like you have different types of bags for different occasions, the women's gym bag kind also comes in different types. Here are the different types and their uses.
Simple Gym Bag – A simple gym bag usually has one compartment for clothes. It can have a smaller compartment for shoes if needed.
Designer Gym Bag – A designer bag is a gym bag that is stylish but uses the same compartment as a regular gym bag.
Sports Multiple Compartment Bag – Sports multiple compartment bags usually have 3-5 compartments. They are great for carrying all your stuff and keeping you organized.
What is the best gym bag on the market?
Our top choice for women is the Rush. The Rush has sturdy wheels and a pull strap so you can be confident in its durability while still being lightweight as a gym bag. It also has an outside two-zipper pocket that is ideal for a few things, like your wallet, the key to your car, lip balm and other items that you may need on a regular basis while you are at the gym. It also has dual straps to hold your water bottle and MP3 player.
We also choose the American Tourister as one of the best gym bags for women. The American Tourister is sturdy and has a double pull handle, which is ideal while traveling. It also has a large compartment with interior pockets so you can organize all of your accessories as well as two exterior pockets for items like a water bottle.
The Nike Legend is another good gym bag for women. Not only does it have a strong handle, but it also has four wheels so you don’t have to worry about it wearing out when traveling from the gym to your car. In addition to its convenient wheels, it also has several pockets so you can stay very organized and expect your clothes and other items to be crushed or damaged.
We also choose the Under Armour as one of the best gym bags for women. The Under Armour is a nice sized bag that has a sturdy pull handle. It also has two zippered compartments and several pockets that allow you to organize your accessories, keys, wallet, water bottle and other items. The Under Armour has a stylish and modern look as well.
There is also the Nike Gym Vintage as a good gym bag for women. The Nike Gym Vintage has a double handle that is very sturdy and durable. It also has a large compartment for your clothes and other things as well as a place to hold your shoes. With the Nike Gym Vintage, you can be confident that you will keep your clean clothes and shoes separate from your dirty clothes.
Another good gym bag for women is the Nike Classic Gym. The Nike Classic Gym not only has a pull handle, but is also equipped with two wheels so you can travel easily from your home to the gym. The Nike Classic Gym also has a compartment for shoes and another large compartment for clothes as well as two zippered pockets on the side.
What should a woman pack in a gym bag?
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST CROSSFIT GYM BAG IN 2022?
I am a chiropractor who works in a busy gym 24/7 and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of gym bags. The biggest problem with gym bags is that they are poorly made, which results in damaged goods. Or, the bags are so large that it is hard to transport them to and from the gym.
Can I use a backpack as a gym bag?
Sure you can. Backpacks are convenient and practical if you don’t have that many things to carry to the gym. The main reason people want to carry a gym bag is to make sure they have a shoulder strap to use when they lift weights.
For the most part, backpacks are too large and bulky for this. If you would rather use a backpack, make sure you choose one that is designed for gym bags. If you have a lot of stuff for the gym then you will find a backpack is far more convenient than a shoulder bag.
If you are looking for a gym bag that balances function and fashion, then you must take a look at one of the bags we have reviewed.
With a lot of options out in the market that fall short when it comes to quality, we know how important it is to have a bag that can hold up during your long haul workouts.
That’s why our team examined the best gym bags for women to find what works and what doesn’t.
From small handy bags for carrying around your essentials to large versatile duffel bags that can sustain your whole workout gear for the day, we have you covered.
|Herschel Strand Shoulder Bag||Best Overall|
|adidas Diablo Small Duffel||Budget Pick|
|Nike unisex-adult Sportswear Hayward Futura Backpack||Upgrade Pick|