This limited comparison of folding treadmill features those that are considered the best available and most popular among consumers. We've included a handy guide to buying the best folding treadmills, as well as the full comparison table.
|Spirit Fitness XT485 Treadmill||Best Overall|
|Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill||Budget Pick|
|SOLE F85 Folding Treadmill||Upgrade Pick|
1. Spirit Fitness XT485 Treadmill
- Great treadmill for the price
- Has a low and high-speed range
- Comfortable deck
- Good LCD display
- Cushioning is a bit thin
- Little bit of flexibility in stopping
XR 885 Treadmill is a recent model. I had a chance to test it and was quite pleased with it. It is essentially a belt-driven plastic treadmill that makes use of a motor larger than that of most treadmills.
This belt-driven unit usually tends to be a bit tougher than that of most folded treadmills that we have included in this post. So, if you want a product that can hold up for years, this one is for you. It has a good range of speed options. It makes use of its 19-inch by 55-inch belt to get your heart rate up.
This unit also offers a wide array of preset programs if you get bored easily. This includes programs for weight loss, interval running, and heart rate control.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Asuna SpaceFlex Motorized Running Treadmill
- Space-saving design
- Adjustable incline
- Space saving folding design
- Large running belt
- Low-quality parts
- Difficult assembly
- Limited control panel
The Sunny Health & Fitness Asuna SpaceFlex Motorized Running Treadmill with Auto Incline, Wide Treadmill, Space Saving Folding and Walking Treadmill with LCD Display is a combination of an elliptical and a treadmill, so you can worry about your heart rate, calories burned, and progress and feel like you are getting the best of both worlds.
It comes folded up, so you can actually store this treadmill in a small area and still have room for it. When folded, it measures 47 by 35.5 by 8.7 inches and weighs 62 to 83 pounds. When used, it measures 86 by 25 by 11 inches and weighs 128 pounds. It is a three-wheel design, so it is nimble and portable.
This treadmill has a low maximum speed of 4.5 miles per hour. It has two LCD windows to read and review your time, distance, and speed. It also comes with two heart rate grips and a small clip to attach your clothes to so that you don’t have to stop. It comes with a very detailed user manual to help you assemble it, use it, and care for it properly.
3. NordicTrack T Series Treadmills
- 12 incline levels
- Double-beam tracking system
- NORDICSTRACK SPORT EXPERIENCE APP
- 17in HD military style display
- Max User Weight: 375 lbs
- QuickSpeed’ and Comfort Zone’ speeds
- 20 training programs for all levels of user
- Solid steel construction, cushioned running surface
- 20 workout apps with free additional content
- Two user profiles
- The LCD display is good for monitoring many things but the speed is not easily seen.
- The treadmill will not keep you engaged when using the manual mode during your work-out.
- There are no cooling fans on the treadmill.
- The transport wheels are nice but I wish they could be locked in place for moving the treadmill.
- The treadmill could use a bit more storage under the console.
4. 3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Incline Treadmill
- Increases your walking distance.
- Sets up within minutes.
This is an extremely good treadmill for beginners. It provides users with a great range of features that may not be available in other models of this range.
It comes with only two incline levels-2% and 5%. But if we talk about its quality, then this is the best treadmill for beginners of 2016-17.
To increase the maximum stride length, the 80i features two moving handrails.
5. Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
- Consumer Reports Best Buy
- Cheapest of the treadmills we looked at
- Lightweight and small enough to fit in almost any space
- Very quiet after a minor breaking in period
- Effectively simulates outdoor jogging
- Good customer service and easy to assemble
- No multi-year warranty
- App not available
- Console is a bit small for older folks with vision problems
The Goplus 2 in 1 Electric Treadmill is a high-quality and inexpensive home treadmill. It is lightweight and takes up little space in your home. Not only is this a good option for people that are looking to save money and do not need a top of the line machine, but also, it is the best choice if you live in a place where space is limited (such as an apartment).
Starting off with the treadmill’s features, you get a 2.25 HP motor that will help you get to your goal of getting fit and losing weight. The treadmill has a magnetic resistance and there is an emergency stop button present to make sure you don’t get injured while working out.
6. Merax Folding Electric Motorized Running Treadmill
- Suitable for safety
- Exercise can be done anywhere
- Light weight and compact
- Quiet and stable
- Easy to put together
- Noiseless during the process of exercise
- Has a HR (Heart Rate) function.
- It is not good for tall people
- The speed is not as quick as one might expect
- Assembling the engine
By Purchasing this product you will no longer need to worry about the weather outside and you can get your exercise done almost anywhere with this treadmill. It can reach and incline up to a certain level. It is easy to assemble. It is very easy to use. It’s also safe. This is a great thing to have.
If you are a fitness-oriented person, you should have the Merax Folding Electric Motorized Running Treadmill at home. It will be your exercise partner.
This product is suitable for everyone. It does not matter your age, gender, weight, size, walking, jogging, running, or fitness level.
7. Goplus Electric Folding Treadmill
- Folding design makes storage and transportation easy.
- There is an adjustable safety bar and a wide belt for stability.
- It comes with a tablet holder and a chest strap.
- The speed goes up to 3 MPH and the belt is 40 inches long.
- Console is nice and large with easy to use buttons.
- This treadmill is very easy to assemble, about 20 minutes.
- The treadmill has a 1-year warranty.
- The belt vibrates a bit when you are running at 2 MPH.
- It’s loud when in use.
If you are looking for a folding treadmill, this design from Goplus is one of the best. It has an impressive maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Of course, that means that this treadmill is rated for people only and not for pets or animals. The maximum running speed is 3 MPH and the maximum incline is 10%.
This treadmill has large, easy-to-read buttons on the console and large, easy-to-read digital controls on the display.
8. Reebok Jet 100 Treadmill
- Comfortable running
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with lifetime warranty on the frame
- Quick speed adjustments
- Comes with built-in cooling fan
- Comes with motivational displays.
It is tough to go wrong with a treadmill made by the legendary athletic gear company Reebok, and the Jet 100 is no exception. This one has an attractive black design with silver accents, and it can support a maximum weight of 220 pounds for a medium-sized user.
The tread belt is moderately wide and features a comfort cushioning design that’s reasonably soft. You’ll feel more like you’re running on running track than concrete.
Plus, it can be folded up quickly so you can store it when you’re not using it. The Nautilus inspiral and treadmill are pretty much the same in terms of build quality and prices.
9. SOLE F85 Folding Treadmill
- best folding treadmills review online here
- Sturdy, durable foldability.
- Has an excellent work capacity.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Fairly easy to set up.
- 2 walking and 2 running modes.
- Adjustable speed setting.
- Useful programs and console monitoring.
- Can be connected to Android and iOS devices.
- Can be folded and carried around.
- Needs to be leveled properly so that it does not move when in use.
- Can be quite noisy when working.
If you are looking for a folding treadmill that will give you flexibility in terms of both size and weight, the SOLE F85 is the one for you. This treadmill provides the convenience of minimalist folding, all the while being stable, durable, and accessible. The SOLE F85 is manual folding, which makes the folding process a little bit more hectic, but it is nevertheless equipped with a handle that ensures it can be folded pretty easily.
This treadmill is also very portable and lightweight, providing the user with more control over his product. It can be folded down to a mere 7 inches, making it compact and easy to store. It also comes equipped with a convenient handle that makes it simpler to carry around.
10. Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill
- Provides a good cardio workout and strength training.
- Accommodates people up to 6'8" tall.
- Features an LCD display that tracks your distance, heart rate, calories burned, speed, and more.
- Includes floor protective mat, AC power adapter, and water bottle holder.
- 25% incline for tougher workouts.
- 220lbs capacity.
- Computer offers over 20 workout programs.
Bowflex and its BXT216 Treadmill are leading models in the industry for several reasons.
The BXT216 is a strong and sturdy treadmill with a high capacity of 220 pounds. With this machine, you can perform a wide array of cardiovascular workouts and exercise for all of your lower body muscles. Moreover, you can strengthen your mid-section and improve your stamina.
You can start with just 5-minute running intervals and eventually increase to 10-minute intervals.
11. Confidence Fitness Magnetic Manual Treadmill
- Solid body
- High-quality belts
- Ease of folding and easy storage
- Good for light to medium weight people
- Narrow design
- Lacks a USB port or phone support
One of the highest rated folding treadmills for home in the market today is the Confidence Fitness FS4007X. It’s just a spectacular machine that’s loaded with simplicity and affordability. It comes with a solid 2-year warranty and it’s backed by an honest seller as Confidence Fitness is a reliable brand in our opinion.
Another thing we like about it is the body as it’s very sturdy. The design quality is also second to none and the reliability of the machine is what amazed us.
With this price you can’t expect more and coming from a trusted brand like Confidence, you shouldn’t get disappointed.
12. adidas T-16 Treadmill
- Quite sturdy (can hold up to 400 pounds)
- Comfortable, padded controls
- Large walking track (20.8- x 55-inches)
- Three incline settings as well as five programmed workouts
- ADA-approved product
- Uncomfortable handlebars
- The belt is squeaky, especially on the highest setting
If you are looking for a treadmill for commercial use, then adidas T-16 treadmill is one of the best choices for you. It is a commercial quality treadmill with large surface area (almost 55 inches wide), large walking track and can hold up to 400 pounds.
With a three-position base and comfortable controls, you can choose how you want to work out whether in the fast, medium or slow mode. You can also adjust the amount of incline according to your workout goals. This treadmill weighs 430 pounds with dimensions of 89 x 55 x 14 inches.
If you are looking for a treadmill that will provide you with a smooth walking area, then this adidas treadmill is a good choice for you. It has very good cushioning that molds itself around the shape of your feet and so you will be able to walk for extended periods of time without having soreness in your ankles and joints.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best folding treadmill for home use?
There are a limited number of manufacturers that offer decent home treadmill choices compared to the home elliptical selections. The best folding treadmill reviewed above is a great option to consider. It is a recumbent style unit with a folding feature that allows you to tear it down and save space.
The price tag is not the cheapest option but it won’t break the bank. This model is also a good example of a home treadmill that offers some advanced features, but has the lower price tag to suggest it’s more for beginners than serious exerciser.
The price of this model currently falls into the mid-range category, so it’s far from the cheapest option on the market but you also aren’t paying the high-end price either. The 1hp motor offers decent power but tops out at a speed of 10 MPH.
What is the best foldable treadmill?
Ideally, you would have a room that would fit your treadmill. Yes, it is possible to take it apart, but you would have to be extremely careful. It is possible to get a foldable treadmill, but you will have to sacrifice some of the functionality and durability. In the end, a foldable treadmill isn't the best option if you want to sustain your running for a long period of time.
If you have the space for a treadmill, then go with a non-folding treadmill. It will provide you with a smoother experience and provide you peace of mind knowing that you won't have to buy another one half way through your running journey.
What is the most reliable treadmill for home use?
A high-quality treadmill is safer and more convenient for walking and running than the concrete sidewalks outside of your home. If you have the space for one of these machines inside your home, you’ll get plenty of use out of it.
The following are our favorite folding treadmills for home use. These options can be folded or rolled away so you don’t have to leave them out all the time. These are great if you need to put the treadmill away for guests or if you simply want to save space for other things.
Are fold up treadmills good?
It depends on how long they fold up. Often, when they are folded up, they tend to take up large spaces. However, there are foldable treadmills that can fit in a room. They take up less space than a folded elliptical machine or a NordicTrack walking machine.
You have to measure your room when buying a folding treadmill. Most folding treadmills are foldable through the console; their folded length often exceeds the machine's standing length. You'd want a folded treadmill with manual folding, not electric folding.
When shopping around for your next treadmill, you may notice that there are several different varieties of treadmills that are available. This guide will help you review the features of each type of treadmill that can be found on the market today and aid in deciding what treadmill to purchase for your home.
|Spirit Fitness XT485 Treadmill||Best Overall|
|Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill||Budget Pick|
|SOLE F85 Folding Treadmill||Upgrade Pick|