If you are looking for folding exercise bikes, the following guide can help you find the best folding exercise bike for you.
The advantages of a folding exercise bike are as follows:
Larger, sturdier models can take up a lot of space. They are also very expensive.
When you don't use a folding exercise bike, you can easily fold it and store it under a bed.
This is important if you live in an apartment and exercise equipment is in your way. If you have a smaller house, you might not want to spend large sums of money on exercise equipment.
You can save more space by storing your bike in the trunk of your vehicle. A folding exercise bike is useful if you travel a lot, or you have limited storage space.
1. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
- Easy to fold and store
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
- LCD monitor tells you speed, distance, time, pulse and calories burned
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Smooth nylon cage is quiet when pedaling
- Simple and sturdy
- Comes fully assembled
- Great price for the quality
If you don’t have much storage space but still want to own a pre-owned exercise bike, this is a great option. The XTERRA Fitness FB150 Bike folds in half, and weighs only 39.5 pounds, so it’s easy to stick in a closet or behind the couch.
It’s built of steel construction, so there’s no worry of bending or breaking. And its size makes it the ideal bike for use in a small apartment or even a child’s bedroom.
The XTERRA has an adjustable seat with handlebars, which allows you to sit in the proper and comfortable position for long workouts. The LCD monitor shows your current speed, distance, time, pulse, and calories burned. It’s simple to use and works very well.
2. PLENY Foldable Upright Stationary Exercise Bike
- I use it for 15 minutes a day to work out
- Preset 16 levels of power, I like this feature.
- Handles sweat very well.
- For the price, this is probably the best folding exercise bike that you can get.
- Very easy to fold up and put away.
- Good value for money.
Bottom line: It works well with no issues for months now and i am happy with my purchase. The price point is good. It works as intended.
The Quality of the materials is good. The bike is lightweight yet sturdy. The frame seems to be constructed of mostly steel.
The PLENY Foldable Exercise Bike has been designed to fit into small spaces and is easy to assemble. It features an LCD screen, 16-level adjustable magnetic resistance, and oversized pedals to accommodate a variety of foot sizes.
3. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- Excellent value for money.
- Sturdy and compact, yet comfortable.
- Has an LCD computer console.
- Noiseless and silent while operating.
- Comfortable seat with spring cushioning.
- Made from high quality steel.
- Very easy to assemble, no tools are required.
- Oversized 10 inches metal wheel provides strong support.
- Extra strong extended handlebars.
- Can bear up to user’s weight of 300 lbs.
- The seat is not suitable for big people.
- Seat is difficult to adjust up and down.
- No pre-set body mass management programs.
- No water bottle holder.
- Folding pedals are a concern as they may pinch your feet.
This exercise bike is perfect for people who want to start a physical fitness routine. It has everything to support your exercise routine. The padded seat is very comfortable to use. It is very easy to assemble. The console provides you a range of information including distance travelled, speed, time, calories burnt, pulse rate and more at your fingertips. It also features a grip pulse sensor and a water bottle holder.
The extended handlebars ensure comfort while cycling. They are far enough from your thighs that the handlebars do not come in the way of your stride. The seat of the bike is adjustable up and down. It can be adjusted up to fit taller people or down for people of lower heights. Operating the bike is very easy as it has 2 simple buttons on the computer console.
The base of the bike is made entirely from steel. The support wheels are made from large wheels that support the whole bike. This exercise bike is equipped with the belts and tension system that allows you to control the level of resistance you are facing. There is no DVD player in this bike so you cannot watch TV or a workout video while cycling.
4. Marcy Folding Upright Exercise Bike
- Easy to put together
- Comfortable seats with cushiony padding
- Magnetic resistance provides a variety of workout intensities
- Pedals are adjustable to accommodate different leg sizes
- Quiet operation
- Smooth spin
- Relatively affordable price
- Assembly will take up to two hours
- Seat height is variable
- Seat is not easily adjusted
If you are looking for one of the best exercise bikes for home, you might want to consider the Marcy home exercise bike. This product is perfect for those who are training on a budget but want a product that helps them train on a regular basis.
The seat is adjustable and can be turned around 180 degrees for leg extensions, leg curls, and other exercises that can be done while seated. They are easy to handle and even with the magnetic resistance, they do not take up a lot of space.
Why You Should Buy Marcy Folding Upright Exercise Bike:
- Assembly will take up to two hours
- Seat height is variable
- Seat is not easily adjusted
5. Doufit Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
- Compact design that takes up little space
- Great for at home cycling workouts
- Solid support and very sturdy
- Draft-free operation even at high speeds
- Stability via the hall sensor
- Comfortable seat cushion
- Great ergonomic design
- The LCD monitor is easy to read
- Compatible with free app
- Assembly required
- Hand pulse sensors are not reliable
This indoor cycling bike from Doufit is a great option for people that want great exercise equipment but don’t have a lot of room.
This is a compact bike that is made of high quality materials from the handlebars to the water bottle holder.
6. Exerpeutic Gold Heavy Duty Foldable Exercise Bike
- Compact length dial
- Micro adjustments
- Chrome plating is a little flaky
- Pulley attachment is a little weak
This Exerpeutic Gold heavy duty exercise bike is a great piece of equipment for the price. It is heavy duty, with a great 400-pound weight capacity, and will stand up to years of use.
The bike features a heavy duty steel frame, super wide seat with adjustable height, and eight magnetic resistance levels. It would work well for anyone looking to add a bike to their home gym.
These sturdy and durable exercise bikes come in a wide variety of sizes and color options to help you find the perfect fit for your home. They can be easily folded up for convenient storage when you are not using them.
7. Xspec Indoor Foldable Stationary Compact Upright Cardio Workout Exercise Cycling Bike w/Heart Rate 16-Level Magnetic Resistance LCD Monitor w/Phone Tablet Book Holder
- Foldable design. Save space when storing.
- Easy to use. Grab and go, start enjoying your workout.
- MAX.kg support. 200kg in total.
- 16 levels of magnetic resistance.
- 30-minute time limit function.
- Water bottle holder. Fit most kinds of water bottles.
- Adjustable seat.
- Suitable heart rate range: 30-170bpm
- Speed: 20-20km/h(12.5-12.5mph), high speed for advanced exercisers
- Easy to assemble and store.
The Xspec Indoor Stationary Bike is foldable with a stand design. It is compact and easy to store. Just grab and go. Good for the elderly, lose weight, enhance exercise and cardiovascular. Comfortable cycling with natural experience. Enjoy your cycling experience with the comfortable seat and the heart rate sensor on the handlebar.
This bike is suitable for office space, home, gym or anywhere that has an outlet. It is supplied with an USB charging cable and an earphone.
The bike supports speed 0-20km/h, 6.0 inches wheels, and 16 levels of magnetic resistance. The LCD monitor displays the time, speed, calories, RPM, heart rate, odometer, scan, and the level of exercise. It is easy to assemble and well constructed. Enjoy the elegant and fashion design.
8. ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- Large, adjustable seat for most heights
- Larger, easy-to-read display
- 20 resistance levels
- Long warranty period
- Assembles in less than 20 minutes
- Easily folds up for storage
- Heart rate pulse monitor
- Foldable design for small spaces
- Smooth riding experience
- Noisier than other folding exercise bikes
- Weight capacity for user is only 250 pounds
- The heart rate sensor may not provide accurate readings
- Only one user program
ProGear has created a compact folding bike with an oversized, adjustable seat and simple operability. It has a lightweight steel design that folds and stores easily so you can keep it in your car or tuck it away in a closet.
This bike is noisier than other folding exercise bikes. The heart rate sensor may not provide accurate readouts due to the noise of the bike. This noise means you cannot really use it to watch movies or television while you exercise.
To use this bike, you must download the iFit workout app because it does not have any pre-installed workouts. The bike may not store your height correctly, so you will have to enter this information each time you use it.
9. BulbHead As Seen On TV Slim Cycle 2-in-1 Stationary Bike
- Folds flat for storage.
- You can work the arms and burn fat while pedaling.
- The seat is cushioned.
- The system is made in the U.S.A.
- You have a full year to return the product for a full refund if you aren’t satisfied.
- You can’t adjust the intensity manually.
- The seat is a bit narrow if it’s someone with a larger butt or wider hips.
- The band resistance isn’t too severe.
High-quality folding exercise bikes are on the rise in popularity, and people are becoming more and more open to using them for everyday workouts … including people of advanced fitness levels.
The BulbHead exercise bike offers an all-in-one solution to an indoor cycling, cardio and strength training routine. Its primary selling point is that it involves multi-joint and whole body movements that strengthen the body without the strain of high-impact workouts. It has an 8-level flywheel that can be adjusted by the user. The seat features multi-grip handlebars for resistance arm exercises.
The BulbHead bike comes fully assembled. Assembly is a snap if you have even half a clue what you’re doing, though it may take you an hour or so. It comes with a 1-year warrant and 60-day money-back guarantee. It’s a full-sized stationary bike with a footrest and belt drive. The seat and handlebars are fully adjustable and the frame is sturdy.
10. Fitleader Indoor Exercise Bike Folding Upright Bike Compact Stable Cycling Stationary Cardio Cycle
- Solid anti-slip pedals designed for breaking.
- Simple design and easy to fold
- Space saving, easy to take down and store.
- Can adjust your workout intensity levels.
- Built with a comfortable seat.
- Smooth and easy to ride.
- Great resistance, up to 275 LBS of weight.
- Adjustable seat, handlebars, backrest and pedals.
- Not as much workout program options as other bikes.
- No bottle holder, desktop.
The Fitleader is a great entry level folding bike; it is affordable and very easy to use. It has a solid design that is built to last, not the cheap flimsy folding bikes on the market that look the same as a full size model.
Best Used For:
This folding exercise bike is great for your small apartment because it is easy to store. It's easy to take down and around in case you need to move for a setup or just to get it out the way in your small space.
11. PEXMOR Foldable Exercise Bike
- Price is very affordable.
- Combines the features of different kinds of exercise bikes.
- Can be folded.
- Can give you cardio and strength training workout at the same time.
- Scratchy seat.
- Handlebars are built low.
- The seat too broad for some people.
The PEXMOR Exercise Bike is a great value for a foldable exercise bike that basically has all the features of a spin cycle. It has up to 300 pounds of weight capacity and can be used by people who are below six feet of height.
It can provide you with cardio and strength training when used. It has eight levels of magnetic resistance and can have a console showing time, speed pedaling, distance, calories burned, odometer and so on.
This bike is suitable for people who are at least 12 – 13 years old. The bike can be folded, so you can store it in a small amount of space. There is a special console that displays information when you ride
12. FitDesk Standing Adjustable Desk Bike
- Designed for Total Body and core strengthening
- Counterbalanced pedals
- Exercises lower body, leg muscles, thighs and buttocks
- It is designed to have an 8-Point full range of movement
- All parts are made of premium quality materials
- The Desk Exercise Bike is made of Heavy-duty steel with powder coated paint
- Easy to assemble – tools are required but well-described on the manual
- Smooth and quiet operation – the pedals are easy to move and the machine is well-balanced
- Resistant to scratches and abrasion
- This Standing Desk Bike has a bike style saddle seat adjustable to fit different leg lengths
- Limited motor power – Does not have accurate readings on the display
- Seat is not non-slip – doesn’t have grips on the seat
- Minimum distance from seat to pedal is 9 inches
Having an exercise bike at your workplace is not only good for your health, it is also good for your productivity at work. Having an exercise bike at home is also a good idea to stay fit as it keeps the body healthy and when you are healthy, you can have a happy and productive mind at work. Keeping the mind and body fit also reduces stress and improvement in general lifestyle.
For those who work in an office and wish to keep fit, you need to look for the ideal exercise bike that would enable you to do your daily workout at your workplace. The first priority when choosing the right exercise bike for your office would be its features.
You must be able to have an exercise bike that is versatile in its features. Like the Fitdesk Exercise bike that comes with adjustable height, armrests and seat and having a built-in tablet holder designed for 10" tablets. A feature that is also good is the dual action handle. This is for you to have full control on your workout and its target spot. You can adjust the level of resistance with it. You can steadily increase its resistance as you progress to a better fit and health.
13. Body Rider Leisa Hart Folding Exercise Bike
- It has seat adjustment aids for high and low impact.
- Magnetic brake system for safety.
- Heart pulse sensors are easy to read and not intrusive.
- Difficulty levels and rhythms are programmed well.
- It has a complete computer system that can monitor calories, pulse, speed, distance, time, etc.
- Seat padding is thick.
- Seat is adjustable up or down.
- It has a water bottle holder.
- It comes with a limited warranty.
- It is low to the ground and may not fit under a bed.
- It has a small reading area for watching the screen.
- It is only for one person’s use.
- Can only be used in a limited area.
- It takes some assembly to use.
The Body rider Leisa Hart exercise bike is a great, low-impact, compact bike. It is a popular choice among users because it is easy to understand and operate. It is basic but well-built, and it provides a great low-impact workout to strengthen and tone your lower body muscles. It is a simple design that is perfect for those of you who need a quick workout in a small amount of space, thanks to its compact design. The Leisa Hart bike can be used by anyone, and it is fantastic for beginner athletes as well as those more experienced.
This bike works well for men and women of all ages, and it is easy to assemble. Best of all, it is well-priced to ensure you don’t overspend on a product that is only going to be used a few times a week. The Body rider bike comes with resistance levels to help you get a more intense workout for advanced athletes or beginners just getting started. And it helps you to keep up with you fitness goals on a day-to-day basis.
14. ANCHEER Magnetic Resistance Exercise Bike
- A real bike, not a “sit-on-top” style
- Dual pedals with pedals angled outwards, to provide a real ride feel
- Slim and strong with a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Quiet and smooth with its whisper quiet magnetic resistance
- Excellent heart rate feedback as it comes with a wireless heart rate strap that measures your heart rate anytime, while running, at any pace
- Can be set at 16 levels of resistance
- Stable and smooth compact design
- Foldable design with wheels which means it can be carried around for easy transport
- Folding pedals, but the resistance is NOT magnetically controlled
- Meets the safety and performance standards of ANSI, CE, GS and UL
- The seat is hard and this bike is not as comfortable as other models, but it still works for many folks if you just get your butt in gear and start riding.
“The pedals are made from metal and they’re heavy. If you live in a high-rise apartment and have problems with your knees this might not be the best choice. However, if your knees can handle the pressure of the pedals, you will get a real ride feel. In fact, most people who have used this bike have really liked it because they feel a real bike ride.
15. TechFit Folding Exercise Bike
- bike is very easy to setup
- bike is very easy to set up
- bike is very easy to use; it looks great in my kitchen; it feels great; it's easily adjustable
- bike has cut like a dream
- bike is a little heavy physically
- bike started getting loud when pedaling for 1-2 minutes
- bike is heavy compared to my other bike
- bike is very heavy
The TechFit Folding Exercise Bike with Computer and Pulse Sensors is a great value, making it our best folding exercise bike on our list of the top 15 exercise bike for home gym and small place. This upright bike is easy to assemble, the foldable frame is a helpful feature for the storage and leaves the easy to use.
It is an indoor workout equipment that is useful for your body, your health and your fitness goals. This bike provides a comfortable seating position with back rest and secure, adjustable handlebars. The bike has a fixed resistance system and it is perfect for resistance-based cardio workouts.
The padded seat provides a comfortable ride and the spin handlebars enable you to adjust the handlebars for a more comfortable pedaling position. The handlebars are included with your bike.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are fold up exercise bikes any good?
Foldable exercise bikes are essential for many users. Most cheap exercise bikes, and some tier 3 and tier 4 exercise bikes included (the ones that come with power supply) have this ability but not many of the higher tier exercise bikes usually comes with this ability.
The foldable feature is very essential if you really need to put your exercise bike in a little room for at least a couple of months. Foldable exercise bike has a compact foldable design that allows the unit to be folded.
Foldable exercise bike requires you to use a screwdriver since you need to secure the screws back to the frame. If you are not that smart in using a screwdriver or you are afraid of breaking part of the body of your foldable exercise bike, then better not to purchase one.
Foldable exercise bike might have a small footprint but the frame is just as big as a normal one that you can find in stores. I bet our specialists already informed that almost all Tier 3 and Tier 4 exercise bikes comes with this ability.
What is the best folding exercise bike?
A folding exercise bike offers a convenient way to get a great workout in tight quarters. They fold up, taking up less space, and can even be mounted on a wall so they don’t take up any floor space at all. They are also very lightweight, making them easy to move.
Because of their portability and easy storage, folding exercise bikes are great to keep in a home gym. They also make it easy to workout in a dorm room, apartment or on the road. With all of the benefits, it is no wonder that many people choose to get one.
What is a good inexpensive exercise bike?
You want to find an exercise bike with magnetic resistance so that you can easily change the process as you progress. In a bike with a magnetic resistance, your pedals actually move over magnets, which causes harder pedaling at a higher level. This allows you to make your workout more challenging over time.
You also want to find a bike with a comfortable seat. It is very important that you have a seat the is comfortable for you because you will be sitting on the bike for extended periods of time. A seat that does not fit your body well can cause you to have back pain or to not be able to work out as long as you would like.
Consider how easy it is to store the bike, too. When you are using the bike on a regular basis, you need to be able to store the bike in a place where it is both out of the way and easily accessible.
What is the best upright exercise bike for home?
Upright exercise bikes are preferred by many because they tend to be less expensive than other types, are easier to mount, and tend to be more stable. There are some drawbacks, however. You can spend less and get a better workout on an upright bike than you can on some of the recumbent models. If you prefer a more intense workout or you want to use the bike for cardiovascular purposes, you may want to consider a recumbent model.
The biggest disadvantage of recumbent bikes is that they do not lend themselves well to vigorous exercise and tend to be less sturdy than upright models, but if you are looking for something more for cardiovascular training than for vigorous workouts, this might not be a problem for you.
Have you dreamed about owning a home gym where you can keep track of heart rate, and keep fit with strength and aerobic workouts?
Probably you are dreaming about an exercise bicycle. But did you know that you need to choose carefully which model to purchase? There are a lot of varieties, with varying levels of quality, and since it is a purchase you are going to make for your needs, you need to make sure your money doesn’t go to wastepaper.
So take your time, and study this guide which is going to help you decide if the folding exercise bike is the right choice for you.