Women face the challenge of managing fitness, work, family, and, of course, looking good.
No matter what you want to know about your body, the right fitness watch or activity tracker can help you find answers and make informed decisions.
No need to stop your workout to check your phone for your progress. Most of these devices offer multiple ways to view your numbers, including through a watch, through your phone, and with a connected work out accessory.
Keeping track of your calories burned, heart rate, pace, distance, even your sleep, you can make fitness and decisions about your health, fitness and health easier.
As far as activity and fitness monitors go, we focused on the best smart watches and fitness trackers for women that were recently released and had a good 4 to 5 star rating.
We looked at sports watches, GPS watches and activity trackers for women of all ages.
|Garmin vívoactive 3||Best Overall|
|Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit||Budget Pick|
|Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch||Upgrade Pick|
1. Garmin vívoactive 3
- Nice interface and good operating system
- Convenient contactless payments with no additional fees (except for your wallet or purse)
- Excellent battery-life with GPS + heart rate on, four days.
- Accurate GPS and good heart monitoring apps
The Garmin Vívoactive 3 is a comfortable activity tracker with a sleeker design than the fitness trackers. It is quite thin (7.5mm) and small (49mm case diameter), but it is not small and fiddly to use.
It has a highly readable color touchscreen and a speaker and microphone for making calls from the wrist, which is a nice way to stay connected. It also supports notifications from phone to the smartwatch. The quality of these alerts is acceptable.
2. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband
- High-end fitness tracker with heart rate monitor.
- Super lightweight design.
- Exercise, heart rate, and rest tracking is quite accurate.
- Call notifications are easy to setup.
- Battery life is long lasting.
The Fitbit Charge 2 is a great fitness tracker from Fitbit. It was designed to provide a way for people to get into shape, loose weight, and monitor their general health. This watch has a lot of features, but the heart rate monitor is its most significant feature. The heart rate monitor is one of the leading features that makes the Charge 2 stand out from other fitness trackers.
It monitors your heart rate at all times to show you how your fitness level is improving. The Charge 2 can also show you how your heart rate is affected when performing various exercises such as lifting weights or running.
The Fitbit Charge 2 is also great for watching how your heart is affected during your workouts. It also has a convenient notification feature so you can get app notifications when you are getting a call or text, so it’s very easy to use the Charge 2 as an activity tracker when not working out and monitor your fitness level.
3. Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit
- Long battery life
- Connected GPS
- Phone not needed for basic activity tracking
- IPX7 waterproof
- No stress tracking
- Heart rate only in 5-second samples
With advanced fitness features like VO2 max estimator, preset fitness goals, recovery advisor and the Move IQ feature that automatically recognizes activities, the Garmin vÃvosmart HR Activity Tracker – Regular Fit, Black is an ideal solution for all those fitness freaks.
It has an incredibly long battery life and is up for 7 days before it has to be recharged.
This activity tracker from Garmin is water resistant up to 10 meters or a depth of 1 ATM. This means you can easily use it while you swim.
4. Fitbit Versa Smart Watch
- Excellent waterproof and swim capabilities.
- Decent battery life of 4” weeks.
- 17 days of battery life if you turn off the 1-second sleep tracking.
- Band can hold multiple sizes, so it grows with your wrist.
- Beautiful touchscreen.
- Large, easy-to-read display.
- Call, text, email, and calendar alerts.
- Bright and colorful screen.
- Affordable activity tracker.
- Sleep tracking does not work automatically.
- Data is not presented in a visual way.
- Can be challenging to set goals and track progress.
- Not compatible with Mac OS.
- Not waterproof.
Fitbit's first smartwatch is here. The Versa is a fresh, contemporary design that is comfortable to wear at night and gets great battery life. It's a budget pick, and it's not as fully loaded as other smartwatches, but it does a lot of what most people need.
What's the Fitbit Versa?
The Fitbit Versa is the company's second smartwatch and while not a huge leap forward from the Fitbit Charge 3, it's an excellent choice for anyone who wants a solid smartwatch that also tracks activity and sleep.
5. Garmin 010-01850-12 vívomove HR
- Goes with any outfit.
- Can answer calls, play songs, but not track reliably.
- Workout tracking is limited.
- On-watch work-outs limited.
- Doesn’t look as awesome as it’s marketing materials.
- Style is not as elegant as many reviewers claim.
- The plastic around the metal frame scratches easily.
- Can’t read emails on it.
- Only uses vibration instead of audio to notify of texts.
- Band is hard to expand.
A new contender enters the ring. One of the new entrants to the hybrid smartwatch market is the vívomove, made by Garmin vívo. Garmin is one of the biggest watch brands in the world, so it’s surprising that smart wearables have taken them so long to get into.
The vívomove is a mixed bag, but it’s not as bad as people say. On paper, it looks very attractive, but in use, it’s not always the best. This isn’t due to the hardware (which is excellent), but the software, which is deeply flawed.
The vívomove HR is a very attractive watch, but it’s a bit more sporty than most people like. It’s definitely more sporty than the Garmin Vivomove without the HR, but the vívomove HR can only track steps taken, while the normal vívomove can track altitude, stair climbing, and swimming, but not heart rate.
6. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
- Heart-rate monitor
- Easy to use
- Suitable for any activity
- Long battery life
- Not fully waterproof
- The screen is not big enough
Fitbit Blaze is one of the leading brands in the fitness industry and their first GPS tracking watch is the Blaze. The Fitbit Blaze built for those who are looking to seriously monitor their exercise and sports prowess so this watch offers a great selection of fitness features to track fitness and daily activity status and progress.
The Blaze has a stylish and distinctive style. It is loaded with advanced technology and everything is designed to fit your wrist. It comes with a comfortable and lightweight package that are both durable and sturdy.
If you are looking for a smart watch to track activity and fitness like a pro then the Fitbit Blaze ticks all the right boxes and is one of the best exercise watches for women in the market today.
7. Bellabeat Leaf Urban Smart Jewelry Health Tracker
- Full smart notifications for texts, calls, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Tracks activity & sleep with a silent vibration alarm.
- Simplistic, chunky style, 25mm case.
- Battery lasts up to 6 months.
- Works with an app for more features if you want to pay a subscription.
- Cannot be worn with metal jewellery.
- Not waterproof. Not suitable for lap swimming etc.
- The rubber strap is quite plain. It could be better – they suggest this on Amazon but they are not the same price.
This is an fashionable smartwatch health tracker. This is the latest and greatest in activity and sleep tracking. It comes with an app, which is free to download.
The Bellabeat Leaf Urban is a 4-in-1 jewelry piece that is the size of a chunky bracelet. You can wear it as a watch, a bracelet, or a necklace. It has a 25mm thick case. The latest 2015 version is improved to accommodate bigger wrists. It also comes in more colours than ever, to suit everyone!
You can wear it as a chunky watch or bracelet. It tracks your activity and sleep patterns. It provides a silent vibration alarm to wake you up without disturbing others.
8. Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Wristband
- All-around fitness tracker
- Tracks steps, runs, distance, calories burned, active minutes, and sleep quality
- Monitor and record your exercise without having to wear a heart rate monitor
- Water-resistant, so you can use it to count your swim.
- Solid sleep tracker, can be worn at night without disturbing your sleep.
- Display is demure and easy to read
- Wake-up alarm
- Reminders to move, vibrating wrist alarm, silent alarm
- Can track your sleep even if you don’t wear it to bed.
- Battery lasts 4 to 5 days
- No GPS capabilities
- Limited support for other sports
- Doesn’t accurately detect push-ups
- Has no web portal
- Doesn’t come with a heart-rate monitor
The Flex wristband is the baby brother of the ever popular Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Charge HR. When you look at it, doesn’t look too different from the Charge HR. The latest Flex comes with some improvements you welcome since the Fitbit Charge HR is quite an expensive wristband.
You might not be too bothered about heart rate monitoring features but when you start comparing it with the Charge HR you will quickly begin to see the improved features for the price.
Fitbit Flex is a waterproof wristband with a refreshingly simple design. It has a simple black rubber band and a tucked away OLED display highlighting your fitness progress.
9. Fitbit Ionic Watch
- Replaces your activity tracker, running watch, and cross-training watch.
- Auto-recognizes what you are doing and starts tracking you without your input.
- Personalized daily guidance and insights with the Fitbit app.
- Can do all the above plus water resistance and GPS tracking.
- Super stylish for a fitness tracker.
- Easy to replace bands if you go for just black.
- Has a longer battery life than most other fitness trackers.
More than just a fitness tracker. Can’t just wear it to the office.
Fitbit has become the gold standard for fitness trackers. They’ve been around for a long time and helped digital health devices take off in the first place. Now they’ve got things heating up with the Fitbit Ionic!
The Fitbit Ionic is a digital activity tracker that offers GPS running and cross-training features as well as being a smartwatch with a personalized coaching feature. The Ionic also features a breathtaking design that is sleek and sophisticated. It’s a fitness watch that can be worn with any outfit.
10. Apple Watch Series 3
- Lightweight and compact design
- Sports watch with removable GPS and heart rate sensors
- Integrated Ambient light sensor with Display power-saving mode
- Exceptional battery life with up to 18 hours of normal use
- No built-in GPS or cellular connectivity
- To some, this is no big deal, but it’s a big drawback for many
- A lack of built-in GPS is like driving a car without a speedometer
Full-screen design, Ion-X strengthened glass, anti-reflective coating.
Fitbit is well known and respected for making fitness devices and this is one of it’s best accessories.
The Fitbit Blaze is a wrist worn fitness tracker and works in conjunction with your device via Bluetooth. You will require smartphone or tablet for the setup and it can sync with iPhone, Android and Windows phones.
11. Garmin vívofit Fitness Band
- Durable and water resistant up to 50 meters
- Interchangeable bands with thousands of color and material choices
- Looks elegant with a wide variety of styles
- Tracks your sleep and the time it takes you to fall asleep
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and heart rate.
- Can get text and smartphone notifications
- The band is small and discreet enough to be worn all day.
- High price point.
- Sleeper data accuracy is questionable.
- Many different functions and features can be a bit confusing.
- Battery will die quickly if you do not regularly sync with a computer.
- No GPS function.
The newest and most advanced activity tracker from Garmin, the vívofit, is a great pick for those looking for a fitness accessory that looks more like a watch than a clunky band or belt.
The vívofit is a very sleek and stylish fitness device that is small enough to be worn all day. It can be worn on the wrist or as a pendant or clipped near clothing, so it is versatile as well as comfortable.
The vívofit tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and heart rate. It can track your sleep, including the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep. You have the option to have the time displayed on a secondary screen so you can always keep an eye on the time.
12. Fitbit Alta HR
- Easy Fitbit app features.
- Works with a broad range of smartphone operating systems.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Keeps track of all components needed for number of steps, distance traveled, and calories burned.
- Syncs wirelessly with other Fitbit devices.
- Too large for some women.
- Needs to be worn a bit high on the wrist.
The Fitbit Alta HR is one of the top selling activity trackers and for good reason. Overall, this Fitbit is a capable, feature-rich activity tracker that has all the key features users will need to track their health and fitness.
The Alta HR also has a sleek, attractive design that’s great for women who want an activity band that’s also a stylish timepiece. It’s available in many different styles from classic bands, whisper-thin bands, to metallic and leather bands.
The best part is that Fitbit Alta HR has upgraded features, including the ability to track heart rate, plus all-day activity and sleep tracking. It has a bigger, better display, and a battery that lasts for over 7 days. It even is water resistant, so it can be worn in the shower.
13. Spire Stone: Stress Management and Activity Tracker
- Very attractive smartwatch with sapphire crystal watch face.
- Very affordable.
- Bluetooth enabled for cross-platform use.
- It comes with heart rate monitor and activity tracker.
- Incredibly fashionable. You can wear this watch with virtually any kind of outfit.
- With this configuration, you can wear it as a regular, casual watch or wear it as a simulated smartwatch.
- It features an OLED screen, a rechargeable battery, and a premium metal strap.
- Its accompanying phone app allows you to track your daily activity, heart rate, calories burned, time spent sitting, quality of sleep, and how often you are moving.
- It allows you to monitor your stress levels in real-time. You can use the app to relax throughout the day by breathing exercises from experts.
- High quality and easy to use.
- The watch is not durable. It has a plastic wrist band and a plastic housing which is stiff and weak.
- The battery does not last long.
- It’s a bit stiff to use.
- Not user-friendly.
- You have to pair this watch with your smartphone, and sometimes this does not work well. Plus, you cannot send an automatic reply to a text message if you are busy and need a minute to respond.
The Spire is not your typical smartwatch. This is the first watch of its kind. It is a stress management and activity tracker that works with your smartphone to monitor your heart rate, breathing patterns, yoga, sleep, and fitness. By constantly monitoring these things, it alerts you when a spike in your stress occurs, and you start breathing quickly or irregularly, or when you are sitting too long and need to stretch.
14. Lumo Lift: The First Wearable Posture Coach. You slouch
- Tells you the ideal position for both sitting and standing.
- If you’ve got bad posture, an automatic vibration will nudge you back to work.
- Tells you when you’ve slouched long enough so you learn to sit or stand better.
- It can be worn either on the shirt, or inside the pants.
- The metal contacts are a bit too sensitive.
- Can’t wear it when doing an intense workout.
- Makes a buzzing sound when in use that annoys some people.
At present, Lumo Lift is the most popular wearable posture coach in the market. Sync this device with your smartphone app and track your progress as you improve your posture.
To sum it all up, we’d like to leave you with this piece of information:
The best option is to quit your job and join a boxing gym. I guarantee that at least one slip up like the way you are headed will become an opportunity for you to turn the tables when you work out with a trainer whom you absolutely want to impress. From there on, you will naturally be motivated to continue on your diet and exercise routine because if you fail, you will lose your coach’s respect.
15. Motiv Ring Fitness
- Accurate heart rate tracking
- Very comfortable and lightweight
- Can be worn while swimming
- Tactile touch and tap interface
- Seamless user experience
- Great battery life
- No audible alerts
- No GPS
- Software is rather buggy
Multifunctional Bracelet (Bluetooth – Bands and.
The Motiv Ring is a fitness tracker that is designed to look like a regular ring. It is made from soft silicone and is waterproof so it can be worn while swimming or in the shower.
This ring makes it very easy to track your daily activity stats, including steps, calories burned, and distance traveled. It features a separate sleep tracker and sleep cycle monitor as well. Motiv also provides tools for increasing fitness and an accompanying app includes a coach to help you be more active.
16. Amazfit Moonbeam Activity + Sleep Tracker
- It is so cheap, that you can use it for a year and save the money for a more expensive watch.
- It counts steps and monitor sleep for you.
- If you want, you can connect it to your smartphone, and use all of its features.
- It loses all the functions and only becomes a regular watch.
- It’s a bit big for a female wrist.
So, you are probably asking the question…why do you need this watch? Why can’t you just use any other fancy watch and an old regular one? I must say that’s really why I don’t understand the craze about fitness trackers and all the new smart watches.
So I found the solution for both. I choose the cheapest fitness tracker and put it on my wrist. It doesn’t look crazy, it doesn’t vibrate when I get a message or anything like that, so I can’t get distracted while I’m working out. The fact that it also keeps count of my steps and sleep, is just an added bonus.
The strange thing is… I really like the peace and quiet, and I don’t miss my old watch at all.
17. Activity tracker Pedometer Bracelet Calorie Counter Sterling Silver Jewellry Swarovski Jewelry
It’s the perfect companion for you during your workout, the bracelet will quickly measure your speed, distance, calories burned, etc. with the tap of an Android or iOS app. It also links all your fitness stats to your social media for some motivation.
The bracelet is adjustable and very sturdy, so you can wear it all day without worrying the closure may come loose. It is very easy to snap in and out of the bracelet, so you can remove it when you shower or wash your hands.
For some reason, the pedometer is inaccurate. It regularly registers half the actual distance you are moving. You can count on it to give you a good idea of your distance, but don’t plan on using it to accurately measure your route. Overall, it is a great bracelet and can give you what you need to be motivated during your workouts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best fitness tracker Watch 2022?
The full-featured Apple Watch gives you access to the entire App Store and Google Play Store. You will be able to choose between a wide variety of apps that will help you stay motivated and stay on track with your fitness goals.
Some of the fitness app recommendations include:
Kindle, Weather, Yelp, Instagram, Facebook, Plank Timer, RunKeeper, Apple Music, Radio, Uber, Snapchat, Uber Eats, Timer, Uber, Fitbit, Pinterest, Lose It, Google keep, Calorie Counter, MapMyWorkout, Run.
It has a wide range of customization, is attractive and high quality. A definite upgrade from most other smart watches.
What is the best fitness tracker for a woman?
A fitness tracker is a piece of wearable technology that you wear on a wrist, wristband, or clip-on. It measures your daily activity and sleep quality and some can measure other basic stuff, like your heart rate and pulse. These devices signal when you have not been moving around enough, and they motivate you to be more active.
You do not need to be an athlete to find value in one of these gadgets. Many people find that once they start wearing a fitness tracker, they are more likely to be physically active in their daily lives.
In the beginning, wearing a tracker may feel like a chore. The novelty of the device tends to wear off after a few days, though, and then you will begin to value it for the incentives it gives you to be on the move.
Tracking your daily activity level will indeed give you a better idea of how active you are and how you can improve over time.
Here are some of the best products to get this year.
What is the best watch for tracking fitness?
This will come in handy if you are exercising and want to see how much energy you have used or how many calories you've burned, and more importantly to display your record of achievements.
An activity tracker watch will measure how many steps you are taking, the distance you've walked and your calorie burn. Activities that are more intense will result in a greater calorie burn.
When you set your daily activity goals, you can see how many steps you need to take to meet that goal.
Most of the fitness watches automatically monitor your activities. They have built-in altimeters, accelerometers, and gyroscopes to estimate how far you’ve walked and how many calories you’ve burned. Some models even calculate how many floors you climbed.
An activity tracker watch monitors your heart rate throughout the day. Some watches may also display your heart rate.
Whether you are a fitness enthusiast or just someone looking to stay fit, there is a wide selection of the best activity trackers or smartwatches for you. If you are beginner, then you will see a long list of products.
To find the best fitness watch for you, you need to understand is what purpose you need it to accomplish? Do you want to track your daily activity, workouts or even your sleep?
Once you have made up your mind, then finding the best fitness watch for your needs is not difficult. But, do not jump into the sea before reading this complete guide.
So, let's dive in.
Why do you need an activity tracker?
Tracking your activity is a great way to get inspiration to keep you motivated, especially if you’re new to an active lifestyle.
Tracking your activity will motivate you to be consistent in your fitness goals, rather than starting a trend and failing at it soon after.
Plus, monitoring your daily activities can have positive long lasting effects on your health, like making you a lot more aware of the calorie intake or the time spent sitting behind the desk.
But, the market is full of hundreds of options available in the market, which is why many beginners are confused about what to choose and why to choose.
In this article, we've compared and reviewed the 17 best fitness watches or activity trackers that are available in the market in 2019.
Well, we’ve decided to review every best activity trackers so you can get a clear idea about what to expect from them. Before you start, keep in mind things like durability and accuracy, especially if you’re serious about your health, you want the trackers to be durable, reliable and accurate.
Moreover, if tracking activity levels is your primary goal, then choosing a band may be a better option, which is a cheap solution to track your daily activities. But, if you want to track your workout sessions like running, gym, swimming, then you need to buy an activity tracker that has a display and connects to your smartphone.
Features you should expect from the best fitness watch or activity tracker:
You can expect basic features like call & text notifications, a calendar, alarms, sleep tracking, heart rate tracking, etc. Normally your smartphone comes with these features so why buying a wearables that do same things?
|Garmin vívoactive 3||Best Overall|
|Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit||Budget Pick|
|Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch||Upgrade Pick|