If you are one of them, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!
Although gear is important and necessary in CrossFit, it doesn’t always make a huge difference for the individual. Many people may say that the CrossFit shoes can make a huge difference in your performance. And in fact, some studies say that the CrossFit shoes improves your conditioning and efficiency.
Others claim that you simply cannot wear a pair of high-performance shoes and expect to become better at CrossFit.
So, does it really make a difference and if so, which CrossFit shoes is right for you?
It can be a little confusing trying to sift through the different types of CrossFit shoes and shoe brands. There are a wide variety of shoe configurations and you need to be aware of the benefits/detriments of each when looking for the best CrossFit shoes for women.
Below we have compiled a list of the top 25 CrossFit shoes reviewed by actual users. The shoes are presented in no particular order.
|Reebok Women's Nano 9 Cross Trainer Shoes||Best Overall|| |
|AVIA Women's Avi-Tangent Training Shoe||Budget Pick|| |
|Inov-8 Women’s Fastlift 335 Powerlifting Weight Lifting Training Shoes||Upgrade Pick|| |
1. Reebok Women's Nano 9 Cross Trainer Shoes
- Awesome for running and sweating!
- Awesome stability. So light!
- Very breathable – your feet will breathe easy.
- Feel great on your feet!
- Great non-slip bottoms, these are great for working out at the gym as you perform compound movements.
- Lightweight and comfortable for daily wear.
- Quick-dry material helps prevent you fatigue by pulling sweat from your feet.
- Comfortable but supportive!
- Great arch support.
- Very good support for CrossFit work.
- Clunky sole might not be appropriate for heavier weight lifting.
- Poor breathability and ventilation.
- No cushioning.
- Not best for running.
- Not suitable to use in rain.
These shoes were released in 2015 to rave reviews. Everyone noticed a difference in the Nano line of running and training shoes.
Anticipated 1,200–1,500 foot pounds of impact on any given step, the Reebok Nano line employs a new level of cushioning. Compatible with barefoot training, the extra thick midsole protects you from the impact of every strike.
The Nano series has been thoroughly tested at the Reebok Headquarters. After millions of steps, they came away with a large amount of data. They have a complete picture showing they are more effective than typical runs.
2. NOBULL Women's Training Shoes and Styles
- The trainers have a solid feel, protect feet well when doing squats, rasing weights and running around.
- It is very stylish, easy to clean and care. Comes in many colors.
- The shoe is very comfortable. Many people with sensitive feet or bunions said that they are able to train in them without getting blisters.
- You can order insoles if you feel the need for them. They are comfortable without the insoles.
- If you have really wide feet, these shoes might not be good for you. The shoes fit on most narrow and average size female feet.
- It’s a bit stiff to begin with, but they are comfortable after a while.
- The sole is not as durable as some of the other mixed martial arts shoes, so it may not be the best choice for training purposes.
The NOBULL Women's Training Shoes is an attractive CrossFit shoe for women. They have a nice appearance with a fresh and unique modern look that goes well with your everyday fitness wear. It is a great choice for women if you are looking for a shoe that works great for CrossFit training.
This shoe is intended for women who are serious about the fitness. It is designed with midsole and a stylish outsole that can look great while working out at the gym or kicking a bag around. The midsole is comfortable and shock absorbent.
This product has a padded foot bed that is not hard and gives your foot a nice cushioning. It has an air unit in the heel and an 1/8 inch midsole drop at the rear of the shoe. The soles are designed to be flexible so they can be used for a variety of aerobic and training exercises.
3. Reebok Women's CROSSFIT Nano 8.0 Flexweave Cross Trainer
- Comfortable, cushioned P.U. outsole with Nano technology for extreme durability
- Premium leather upper in black or white
- Low-profile midsole provides a firm platform for agility movements
- Lightweight shock-absorbing EVA midsole for a more comfortable ride
- Carbon rubber heel clip for secure lateral movements
- Precision-cut synthetic overlays for a contoured fit
- Compression-molded EVA foam collar for support and stability
- Extra stability through the midsole sidewall
- Not best for overpronating
- Reinforces stability, not durability.
This shoe is the most durable Reebok Nano CrossFit shoe. It is engineered for cyclical lateral movements and fast foot strikes. The flexible one piece mesh upper gives the ultimate in breathability, durability, support, and performance.
The CFT (Custom Fit Technology) is a proprietary technology, which means it is not used in any other CrossFit shoe. It allows flexibility and support in a wide foot while allowing the straight-forward, fast-paced cardio moves of CrossFit.
The Reebok Women’s Nano 8.0 Flexweave Cross Trainer is known for its durability. This says a lot considering how long it takes to put these shoes to the endurance test that CrossFit performance demands.
4. Inov-8 Women’s Fastlift 335 Powerlifting Weight Lifting Training Shoes
- You can do two things at once with the digital display for weight lifting
- Pairing a chest strap for a more accurate measurement
- Wide toe box to accommodate wider feet
- The material is sturdy yet comfortable enough to wear
- The Inov-8 In Flow of techology is amazing once you try it
- A little bigger shoe so you need to purchase your true size
- Heel of the shoe can be a little big and cumbersome but this is a matter of getting used to the shoe.
- As it is, the shoe is not meant for every day; it’s meant for lifting. So, is the comfort never meant to be compromised for.
If you are a women looking for the best weightlifting shoes that is built for durability, stability and traction, the Inov-8 Women’s Fastlift 335 Lifting shoe is the best for women. If you are a female who weights and exercises often, you will find a lot of features in this shoe. When you first look at this shoe, you can see that it’s definitely sturdy and rugged built with a technology that is built to last.
Strength and stability, the Inov-8 Women’s Fastlift 335 Lifting shoes have your back when it comes to weightlifting. The heel is high to provide stability. The heel is also made of a firm material. The upper part of the shoes is a little heavy but that is because it is heavy duty and it’s built to last for years. The interior of the shoe is a firm material that is rugged and leather that provides support and traction.
Overall, this shoe is comfortable even if you wear it for a long time at the gym. The shoe is not built for walking or for everyday wear. The white sole of the shoe offers plenty of grip on any floor of gym.
5. Under Armour Men's Micro G Pursuit Sneaker
- Durable nylon upper
- Breathable tongue
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Outsole has good traction
- High responsiveness
- No-sew material lines up perfectly for long-lasting durability
- Fully-cushioned comfort for marathon wear
- Water-resistant coating
- Arch and heel support are weak
- Might run a bit long, so choose a 1/2 size smaller
- Only 2 color options
This performance shoe is an offshoot of Under Armour’s successful Micro G series. It features Under Armour’s signature Micro G foam footbed, which provides lightweight cushioning. It also offers support for long days on your feet. An EVERUN topsole delivers energy-returning cushioning for comfort from heel to toe.
The shoe’s lightweight upper is constructed with a flexible uniform ripstop material for durability, and it also provides long-lasting support and stability. The shoe’s outsole is made of lightweight CMEVA foam and feature Ndurance durability, which makes it ideal for heavy-duty workouts.
6. New Balance Women's Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer
- Comfortable and moves seamlessly.
- Great for crossfit and weightlifting.
- Extremely lightweight; long-lasting sole; grooved outsole for traction.
- Fantastic arch support and cushion.
- Smaller size runs a bit small
- Fit runs a little wide; not ideal for narrow feet.
The Minimus series has long been one of our favorites in the running world and we’re excited about their latest addition for 2019. New Balance has introduced the incredibly popular Minimus model in an exciting new color scheme for the new year.
They’ve also outfitted the Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer with a stylish V7 outsole that delivers enhanced traction naturally. You can expect a sturdy, long-lasting sole that’s perfect for platforms and treadmills. The midsole is designed to keep you stable throughout your stride.
The upper and heel collar offer a more engineered fit, so you can comfortably move during heavy lifting sessions. The design features a wider toe-box that allows your toes to splay naturally.
7. New Balance Women's WX608v4 Comfort Pack Training Shoe
- Has toe protection and thick sole for training.
- Has an eyelet for easy on/off access.
- The outsole is extremely durable and provides excellent traction.
- Not suited for extremely high impact athletes.
New Balance offers a wide range of shoes made for CrossFit, weightlifting, running, and general workouts. The WX608v4 has a thick, soft midsole cushioning that provides excellent support and comfort for all-day wear. It is incredibly durable and will give you years of performance. Most of all, it is lightweight and provides superior ventilation for all-day comfort.
The WX608v4 has a rubber sole for extra protection against stresses and scuffs. The outsole is designed for traction and it has an eyelet for easy on/off access.
8. Reebok Women's Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Lots of padding and comfort for long workouts
- Breathable mesh fabric on the top of the shoe
- Lightweight and flexible
- Smooth seams and noiseless tread
- Provides a lot of support.
- Feels tight on the top of the foot
- Small sizes don’t have enough room to accommodate the toes
This cross-trainer is advertised as a true-to-size fit, but in reality, it is a little bit narrow for some people. The fabric on top of the shoe has a space in the pinky toe area from the braiding and stitching so there is some concern about the long-term longevity of the shoe as the fabric unravels.
The shoe has some great arch support and is lightweight. It has been reported to feel wide at the front of the toe area and the toes have room to wiggle. This shoe is lightweight and comfortable.
Consumers love that it provides a lot of breathability since it doubles as a cross-trainer and sneaker. It is lightweight, flexible, and tough.
9. Vibram Women's KMD LS-W
- Good arch support.
- Sole grips.
- Neutral gait.
- Excellent durability.
- Strong materials and construction.
- Some sandal backs are too narrow for high insteps.
- Some versions don’t last.
- I.E.W is a little high on some models.
Are you looking for a better CrossFit shoe? Here is the list of 20 of the best shoes for the CrossFit that you can try out!
10. Inov-8 Women's Bare-XF 210 V2 Sneaker
- They are light as a feather in comparison with other brands.
- Great for those who run regularly and need to wear their shoes all day long.
- They are not ideal for those who practice CrossFit in warm weather.
They come in sizes varying from 5.5 to 13.
They are able to relax the muscles by drawing in heat, which will, in turn, help with your distribution of blood flow and the recirculation of it.
In winter, they can wick away the moisture. This is perfect for those who practice CrossFit during rainy days.
11. ASICS Women's GEL-190 TR Cross-Training Shoe
- Attractive style for women, many cute colors available
- Pockets and internal organization is plentiful.
- Excellent quality and great looks
This highly-rated shoe from the trusted athletic company Asics promises 12-hour comfort and a 3-year warranty. It has a breathable mesh upper and reinforced rubber soles. They fit like a glove and have a 7-inch ankle strap. The women who love them claim a size 6.5W fits like a 7. My foot measures exactly 7, so I’m glad I didn’t size up, as the shoe fits me perfectly.
These shoes fit very small. I normally wear a 7.5 to 8, and after reading the reviews I ordered a 9 in these.
I found them to be quite wide and deep. I think if your foot is average or wider than average, these shoes would be a good pick. The mesh adsorbs sweat quite well and doesn’t appear to have any trouble drying out. So far, I haven’t noticed any odor.
12. AVIA Women's Avi-Tangent Training Shoe
- Each shoe weighs just over 9 ounces.
- Double strap for maximum and secure fit.
- Laces are strong.
- Support is strong.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Great for all major CrossFit movements: squats, running, burpees, jumping rope, box jumps, etc.
- Color combo is great.
- Sole is non-marking rubber.
- Cost is a little high.
- Small heel ridge.
- Not as breathable as mesh or select synthetic uppers.
Most women would agree that the Avi-Tangent training shoe from Avia is a very cute shoe with a function to match.
The color combo with this shoe is fantastic. Most women's shoes are pink or purple and occasionally you can find some white and black pairs. But in the Avia line, you can find shoes in a myriad of different colors so you can add a little style to your CrossFit workout.
The Avia Avi-Tangent training shoe is a minimalist training shoe that is very lightweight and very comfortable. These women's shoes are great for CrossFit training.
13. New Balance Women's 811 Training Shoe
- Lightweight, affordable, and durable.
- High grade mesh upper gives comfort and breathability all day.
- Great quality, stylish shoe with a nice amount of padding.
- Overall, a great shoe with great durability, traction, and support.
- Versatile, suitable for a variety of training purposes.
- Very well priced shoe.
- Not true to size, a half size down is recommended.
- Very tight at the instep.
- Soles wear faster than the sides.
- May need a wider width shoe.
New Balance has always been a company that offers high quality, affordable products for both men and women to use in their every day lives, and their workout shoes and clothes are no different. While there are cheaper, less high quality options available, New Balance understands the value of hard working, dedicated people that will push themselves and their bodies to the limits so that they can be the very best version of themselves.
New Balance’s CrossFit Women’s 811 training shoe is a good example of this. This model is obviously not top of the line, but is a great example of what quality you can get for a decent price.
New Balance was established in 1906, and they took their name from the fact that they are a New Balance. They are a new benchmark that was established back in 1906, but has gone through several changes in name and ownership over the years.
14. ASICS Women's Met-Conviction Cross-Trainer Shoe
- VaporRize construction with FLEXFILM technology.
- Engineered mesh upper provides a comfortable, breathable fit.
- Foot shape and structure optimized for mid-foot strike.
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning technology.
- Midsole flates out at toe for added comfort and flexibility.
- Heel support and dual-density midsole for shock absorption.
- Weight: 9.5 oz.
- Model year: 2016.
- Men's sizes: 7-12, 13, 14, 15.
These versatile shoes are popular among folks who do CrossFit at the gym or out in the wild.
They have a breathable and light design, so you can use them for almost any kind of workout. They have a mid-foot strike that will help you build strength and stability in your foot and ankle.
This model also has rear and forefoot GEL cushioning to protect your feet from impact and the shock of your workout. The midsole is flatter in the toe area, so your foot moves naturally and freely. The top grip outsole is thick enough to withstand the rigors of a hard workout, but not so thick that it interferes with natural foot motion.
15. Nike Women's Metcon 5 X Training Shoes
- Great look for women
- Flexible but strong
- Greater training experience thanks to lower profile
- Some found that the sizing is off
- Can feel light and unstable
This shoe is one of the best being offered by Nike. Reviewers said that they were soft on the inside, so comfortable that you can wear them all day long. They also felt they were stable enough for all kinds of movements.
These shoes, however, are a bit light, so they aren’t as good if you want something that’s a bit more stable. Other reviewers said they were amazing for squats and even deadlifts.
In addition, some reviewers thought they were too short, but other said they had just the right length. Still others thought they were excessively flashy.
16. Reebok Women's CROSSFIT Nano 6.0 Cross Trainer
- Highly supportive midsole
- Solid traction
- Nice fit, snug heel, roomy toe box
- Crisp white color
- Heavy (for women)
- Little support for lateral movements
- No in-shoe ballistecs system
This shoe does it all: CrossFit, running, training, and gym workouts. This is the shoe that I personally wear at the beach and as I head out to surf. It’s a little heavy, weighing 8.5 oz., so it’s naturally less than ideal for running. However, it does wear down pretty fast if you train daily.
The Reebok Nano 6.0 is made for CrossFit with one of the biggest selling points being that you can wear them in all areas of the gym, during the warm-up, after the warm-up, during lifting, and in-between lifts.
The Nano 6.0 is super stable and provides a good amount of support for lateral movements and weightlifting. It’s made out of simple and breathable materials that wick moisture away.
17. Nike Women's Free Metcon 2 Training Shoe
- Textured leather upper
- High quality materials
- Perfect blend of function and fashion
- Great for lifting, crossfit training and HIIT
- Touch-screen compatible
- Deep and secure toe-box
- Wedge shaped heel
- Durable rubber and grip
- Easy thumb loops for a tight fit that won’t slip
- Mesh provides ventilation and support
- I have very narrow feet and these just aren’t wide enough for me 🙁 But they are very comfortable and supportive so I am planning on getting some insoles to add more width.
This is one of the best CrossFit shoes for women for all day comfort. They are perfect for any type of workout or training at the gym and are great for any sport. They are fashionable and highly comfortable.
This one is certainly a winner! It has a low profile that allows you to balance easily and the lace-free design allows for quick and easy entry and exit. They are a bit pricey, but they are definitely worth it.
18. Reebok Women's CROSSFIT Grace Tr Cross Trainer
- Supportive and comfortable.
- Eye-catching and attractive style.
- Breathable upper with open mesh.
- Extra thick sole for support and durability.
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Lace-up closure for a secure fit.
- Flat outsole for enhanced traction and comfort.
- Reflective heel for added visibility.
- Outsole produces a crunchy sound when on concrete.
For a pair of workout shoes to use for CrossFit, you want one that has support to prevent injuries as well as a lightweight construction to keep you mobile. This pair of Reebok Grace cross training shoes does just that.
These shoes have an eye-catching blue and white color and a comfortable cross training shoe to wear during a WOD. These shoes fit true to size and have a padded tongue and collar for added comfort. The flexible and lightweight upper will keep you comfortable and allow you to perform all your required movements.
The best feature of this shoe is the performance rubber outsole. This thick rubber outsole provides maximum traction, comfort, and durability. The upshot is you will get a lot of use out of this shoe.
19. 5.11 Tactical Women's Recon C Cross-Training Shoe
- Very good support
- Very comfortable
- Crush resistant
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Not suitable for the very wide footed persons.
- Please refer to the above given chart to choose the best shoes for your CrossFit exercise.
- Let’s have a detailed overview of the shoes for you to choose the better one.
These are best running shoes for cross training. These shoes are meant for mild to cardio workouts. They are made using the lightweight and breathable upper. It is comfortable to wear and offers the snug fit to the feet which offer great performance.
These shoes are best for runners who suffer from the conditions like plantar fascia, achilles tendonitis, shin splints, and other conditions which cause pain and discomfort during running. These are light in weight and provide you maximum comfort that you might expect from the shoes.
They are worth its price. They are available in men and women’s toe shoes and all the sizes are different for men and women.
20. PUMA Women's Tazon 6 WN's FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Lightweight mesh fabric
- Deep heel cup for great stability (there's an option with a wide toe box too)
- Great for muscle ups as the sole is wide
- Wider toe box than their other shoes
- Low to ground
- Wide range of colors available
- Great for tall and wide feet
- Rounded toenails allow for barbell work
- Lateral toe box is roomy enough for toe-to-toe work.
- Not good for aerobic workout
- Some have had issues with the fit
- Some have had issues with the ankle strap staying on
- Ankle wraps are difficult to remove
This is one of the best Crossfit shoes for weightlifting. It's a little wide, but the sole has a great arch and the toe box is roomy enough to accommodate almost any foot.
Most shoes have a moderately rounded toenail area, and everyone's toenails might not be perfectly even. This shoe has a converse-style toenail, which is actually the preferred type of toenail for barbell work, but some people have had issues with the shoe being too tight around the area.
Everyone’s feet are different, but if you have issues with your toenails and heel hitting the floor, this is an excellent shoe to consider. Several shoe reviewers mentioned that their particular fit was perfect, but had issues with other aspects of the shoe.
21. Nike Women's Flex Supreme Tr 4 Pr Training Shoe
- Lightweight yet very sturdy
- Extremely flexible, perfect for cross training or running
- Velcro strap for the best fit possible
- Excellent traction for outdoor use
- One of the best crossfit shoes for women
- Durable and well-constructed
- Great ventilation for active feet
The Nike Women’s Flex Supreme Tr 4 Pr Training Shoe is a lightweight, versatile, and durable cross training shoe that can be used by both men and women. With its lightweight upper, the shoe stays breathable and comfortable all day long.
The midsole provides excellent support, and its wide forefoot design allows it to be used by people with wider feet. With the rubber sole and Pro-Lock front strap, the shoe provides outstanding traction for outdoor use. Its Velcro-fastening strap coupled with its foam tongue and heel helps offer a customized fit so that the shoe is comfortable and supportive enough to be used for intense CrossFit workouts.
Bottom line: The Nike Women’s Flex Supreme Tr 4 Pr Training Shoe is one of the best options for anyone looking for a lightweight, comfortable, and supportive shoe for running or other workouts.
22. ASICS Women's GEL Fit Tempo 2 Fitness Shoe
- GEL cushioning helps absorb impact
- Sock liner matches the color of the shoe
- Looks can be dressed up or down
- Very little wear and tear after several months
- No break-in time required
The ASICS Women’s GEL Fit Tempo 2 Fitness Shoe is a contender for some very popular cross training shoes. They are a little bit on the heavy side, but I believe the extra weight is the result of the superior cushioning that these shoes provide.
The cushioning in the heel, the midsole, and the ball of the foot may not be enough for natural distance runners who need more cushioning for less impact on the feet and joints.
However, for the majority of cross trainers, runners, and anyone in the world that wants a little bit higher impact, they are a great shoe for the price.
23. RYKA Women's Dynamic 2 Cross-Training Shoe
- Durable synthetic upper
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Extra padding in the heel for improved comfort
- Provides great support for your feet
- Very good trail running shoe
- Perfect for long runs
- A wide variety of size and color options
- Comes with a one-year warranty
This is a very versatile running shoe for women that is perfect for trail running. It is quite light for a running shoe and is very comfortable to wear. It is perfect for running, walking, and hiking on a variety of terrains and surfaces. It can also function as a gym shoe.
This model has been recommended by a number of users that have purchased it. The fit is usually great, but you may need to try them on before purchasing for the best fit. Some users have said that they do not last very long, but users that take care of their shoes have said that they last for a long time.
24. adidas Performance Women's Crazypower TR W Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Breathable mesh upper
- Wider fit
- Padded forefoot
- Flexible outsole
- Memory foam insole
- Wide width available
- Lacks support due to lack of stability elements
- Does not have a good fit balanced the form of a natural foot
- Heel is a bit too low to the ground
- Heel piece is loose
The AdiZERO Adios 3 SS is an update of the original AdiZERO Adios. It is designed for athletes who have a medium to wide fit, and people with low arches. This will work well for people who are just starting, and want to progress through various CrossFit movements. The AdiZERO Adios 3 SS is not only lightweight, but it is also quick and comfortable. This is a great stable shoe for beginners to advanced CrossFitter who want to do multiple types of workouts, including running, weightlifting, and general masters training.
You will get about two years of use out of this shoe; which is pretty standard for a CrossFit shoe.
CrossFit has taken the fitness industry by storm over the last decade. This new idea of high intensity cross training quickly became mainstream because of the amazing results and the low cost.
25. Nike Women's Metcon 4 Running Shoe
- 360 support system
- Shoe that provides stability
- Grooves for optimal traction
- Light on the legs
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Highly responsive
- Mesh fabric to keep feet from getting too hot
- Nicely cushioned ankle collar
- Great lateral support
- On top of the Nike Performance foam, you have a Duralon rubber, which is a very lightweight ventilated compound.
- Insufficient arch support for those with high arches
- Is somewhat narrow
- The toe box is a bit snug
- Doesn’t provide a lot of space for the toes
- A bit heavy at 15oz
Manufactured by the world famous American giant sports firm Nike, these cross-training shoes for women are a fantastic piece of technical footwear for all your exercises.
They are made of synthetic, with a vented nylon upper and a lightweight, soft and breathable mesh textile lining.
They are known for their comfort as you will never feel they are too tight. Your feet fit into these cross-training shoes for women like a glove.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best shoes for CrossFit?
CrossFit is a fast-paced, full-body workout. It involves a lot of fast, heavy lifting, jumping, running, pushing and pulling. It’s tough. And you need the right shoes to help you be as efficient and safe as possible throughout your workout.
Now, of course, not all shoes are designed for CrossFit workouts. If you are looking to purchase some shoes specifically for your CrossFit workouts, you want to look for a few things.
The shoes should have SOLID rubber soles. A good, solid sole will let your foot pass through and through without shaking or sliding around.
Good traction areas. The shoes should have traction on the heels and the front of the shoe. You don’t want to have to worry about sliding all over the place when you’re trying to jump or lift. A good, stable, gripping shoe will do wonders for your safety when doing CrossFit.
Adjustable fit. The shoe should offer some support and come with some sort of lacing or straps. This will ensure a good, secure fit that gives you a little added stability and safety when lifting and jumping.
Air cushion on the heels.
Ones that are broken in with a smooth heel area. You don’t want to deal with blisters anymore than you need to.
A little extra ankle support will keep you safe when all the lifting and jumping kicks in.
These shoes are designed specifically for CrossFit, and for all the things you will be doing in a CrossFit workout.
What are the best Nike CrossFit shoes?
I have both the Nike Metcon and the Nike Free. Both are good shoes, and fit slightly different. In my experience, Nike Free Crossfit shoes fit more narrow than the Metcon. However, don't get me wrong, if you've got a wide foot you won't have a problem with either of these shoes.
The Nike Free performs great in the box, where my Metcon's have a little less flexibility. I currently own a pair of both, and use both different, depending on what I'm doing.
What are the best shoes for gym workouts?
Leather, synthetic and mesh materials are commonly used in athletic shoes. They can all be effective, but the first two should last longer and in the case of the leather shoes, be more comfortable.
There are also differences in the cushioning material in the soles and the toe-box of the shoes. Avoid those that use EVA material in the shoes. They absorb water and don’t have enough flexibility.
Air soles are very comfortable and give good support, but they can wear out very fast if you are hard on your shoes.
The best synthetics durable enough to be used in a gym are made of high-tech polymers. They are breathable, dust resistant and impact absorbing. The most popular CrossFit shoes are coming with this kind of material.
Lightweight and mid-cushioned shoes are good for high-impact sports like running or basketball, but for your workouts, the performance should be the main concern. CrossFit shoes should be firmly supportive and shock absorbing, but somewhat flexible to allow easy movements.
Should you run in CrossFit shoes?
As we already discussed why you would expect the role of running to change… crossfit shoes don’t make you run faster….the question is will crossfit shoes prevent you from running faster? In other words, will your everyday running shoe do the same job as a crossfit shoe. And the answer is a resounding no.
The truth is that if I were to go out today and buy the best running shoe I can find, and I were to do the exact same things I do in crossfit every day, then I would be doing myself a disservice and my feet would hurt a lot more….because my running shoe and my crossfit shoe are designed for different things.
You see, crossfit shoes are designed to help you lift and to run. Running in a crossfit shoe means that you are running in trainers that were made for your typical run at the park the other day….not for running hard and running fast.
Crossfit is fast paced running and lifting and crossfit shoes are not really made for that….they are just designed with a slightly more elevated heel. Think crossfit 7inches shoes have a heel that’s 5mm higher than a normal trainer. Because this minimal difference makes a huge difference when you’re doing box jumps.
Also, the traction and the confinement…..you’re going to do a great deal of running in your crossfit shoes and a great deal of it is going to be on carpet at the gym.
Crossfit specializes in high-intensity functional movements. The program uses various exercises such as gymnastics, weight-lifting, sprinting, and rowing to create a demanding interval training. CrossFit is an intense cardiovascular program that enhances stamina and strength.
If you are a Crossfit lover or want to take part in a Crossfit workout, then the best shoes for Crossfit are the most important factor to consider. If you are a beginner for Crossfit, then paired shoes with an advanced shoe may cause you physical injury.
You don’t want to compromise your gym performance because of the wrong shoe selection.
|Reebok Women's Nano 9 Cross Trainer Shoes||Best Overall|| |
|AVIA Women's Avi-Tangent Training Shoe||Budget Pick|| |
|Inov-8 Women’s Fastlift 335 Powerlifting Weight Lifting Training Shoes||Upgrade Pick|| |