Stylish shoe? Not really,
Good looking? Not at all,
Durable, comfy, protective? Most definitely.
The 5 best CrossFit shoes for men in the image below are not just some of the best CrossFit shoes available on the market. They are the best of the best. The best pair of CrossFit shoes a great combo of stability and protection, and are backed by hundreds of reviews of people who have confirmed their dependability out in the CrossFit gym.
The training of a CrossFitter is always full of dynamic movements and uncertain surfaces. Sometimes the CrossFit shoes have to be enough for protection against rain, mud, hard ground, slippery icy roads and even snow.
Even under these conditions the CrossFit shoes are always reliable.
|Reebok Men's Nano 9 Cross Trainer||Best Overall|| |
|5.11 Men's Recon Trainer-M||Budget Pick|| |
|Nike Metcon 4 Mens Cross Training Shoes||Upgrade Pick|| |
1. Reebok Men's Nano 9 Cross Trainer
- So light they feel like you’re barefoot.
- These are fast, nimble shoes that stay with you even on the toughest CrossFit WODs.
- Ridiculously comfortable. Even after cranking out a few hundred burpees, we had no blisters or rough spots.
- Very good arch support.
- Sticky rubber bottoms stay in place on essentially any surface, gym or street.
- They have a nice springy feeling when you land on your toes for that truly barefoot feel.
- These shoes don’t breathe. They stayed wet with sweat even after a short workout, so if you’re going to be working out in them for a couple hours, you’ll probably be breathless.
- The barefoot feel of this shoe can take some getting used to. If you’re not used to a minimalist shoe, you may find yourself on your butt a few times until you learn to find your balance.
The Reebok Nano A.C.T.R. Fitness Shoe boasts a brand new nano composite that is light and flexible, providing maximum flexibility for your foot through the entire workout.
The Nano A.C.T.R. Men’s Cross Training Shoes are great for CrossFit training and HIIT workouts. Let’s take a closer look at the amazing features.
The Nano A.C.T.R. Fitness Shoe boasts a brand new nano composite that is light, flexible and durable.
2. Nike Men's Metcon 5 Training Shoe
- Silicone lines on outsole provides the shoe with the needed grip
- Mesh upper portion made of durable synthetic materials
- Has an inner sleeve that delivers a locked fit to your shoe
- Comes with ZoomX Rebound foam that absorbs energy and keeps you in the right form
- Dri-fit materials used for the upper portion of the shoe effectively wicks moisture away from your foot and maintains a dry environment
- Internal bootie comes with dual-density foam that delivers a comfort fit
- Removable foam sockliner keeps your foot comfortable throughout your workout
- Upper portion is durable and long lasting
CrossFit shoes should be lightweight, and this pair from Nike does exactly this. It is incredibly strong and features ZoomX foam that absorbs energy and is responsive for those quick movements.
You can rely on this pair to handle whatever the workout situation brings. Whether it’s the rope climbs or jumping, it’s a shoe you can count on.
You can count on this pair to perform well in various conditions like gravel, mud, pavement, hardwood, shoes, elastic resistance band play, and more. This means you will be able to workout with it no matter where you go.
3. York Athletics The Henry Lightweight Running Sneaker
- Great fit: no blisters, no rubbing.
- Very lightweight, stable, wide.
- Good grip and cushioning
- Very easy to break in.
- Good value
- Good looking
- The big toe fabric seems to get loose after almost 2 months of use of the shoes
- The fabric is a little bit scratchy, especially when you put on socks over it
The York Athletics The Henry Runners are one of the best athletic shoes you can get for weightlifting. They provide a wide toe box and they are much more plus sized than cross trainers. They are cushiony and lightweight, making them great for walking, running, sprinting, aerobic cross fit and cardio.
They work especially well for folks who have wide feet and enjoy a lot of comfort. The heel is a little higher than most cross trainers, so they are better for running or walking on road. Otherwise, they are equivalent to Asics Gel Nimbus or Nike Zero gravity.
The look and feel of this pair of shoes is very classic. The grey and grey works well with jeans, cargo khakis, or anything in that vein. The grey and white would be good for dressier situations, but that is not what these shoes are made for.
4. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top
- 100% canvas upper to prevent rubbing and blistering
- EVA midsole to absorb shock
- Rubber outsole for traction on multiple surfaces
- Available in lots of attractive colors and designs
- Sturdy rubber toe cap to protect against accidental drops
- Shoe strings are lockable to avoid untying during workouts
- Insoles do not have arch support
- Sizing runs a 1/2 size large, so order smaller than normal
- Little to no support for the feet, ankles, and knees
- They are low to the ground and provide minimal ankle support
These “classic” Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars are considered to be one of the very best Crossfit shoes for men.
Chucks are extremely popular with Crossfitters because they are inexpensive, look great, and have a simple, no-nonsense design that doesn’t take up too much space.
The canvas upper is flexible, and the rubber outsole is sturdy and provides excellent traction on multiple surfaces. The shoe string is knotted and locked with an enamel-coated bobbin to prevent untying during workouts. The rubber toe cap protects against accidental drops.
5. Mizuno Men's TC-02 Cross Trainer
- Awesome fit and finish.
- Minimalistic running shoe-like design.
- Pleasing tongue design.
- Highly responsive, should be perfect for CrossFit.
- Nicely cushioned, but not overly so.
- Might feel a little heavy for some runners.
- Some would prefer a little more arch support than these shoes provide.
If you like minimalistic running shoes, Mizuno’s Men’s CP-300 Training Cross reminds you of a running shoe, with the toe box and the shape of it. It seems to be very minimalist. It is an athletic cross-trainer that is best suited for the gym, the pavement, and CrossFit workouts. This minimalist shoe will not protect against protruding objects, so watch your step. The shoe supports some foot protection, but not the best.
This shoe offers great traction and flexibility, both of which are needed when doing CrossFit. The shoe is best suited for rope climbs, probably not all the other movements, but for rope climbs. It does a great job at stabilizing the foot. For rope climbs, this shoe provides decent cushioning and is good at giving you that soft feel under the foot while you stand on those ropes.
The shoe is very responsive to your movements. This is an excellent pick for gym rats and people who do CrossFit. This shoe is perfect for CrossFit workouts at the gym, on the pavement, around the house, and everywhere else. It’s great for doing pull-ups, rope climbs, and even wall-walks. It’s a good shoe for short to medium runs too, if you head out for a short run before you hit the CrossFit gym.
6. adidas Mens Pureboost Trainer Training Casual Shoes,
- Large toe box for comfort and ease of movement
- Stylish design
- Lightweight and cushioned
- Perfect for CrossFit
This is the best shoe for CrossFit for trainers that is very comfortable and durable. They are the shoes that the pros wear to train in.
It’s hard to find a good shoe for CrossFit, because most of them are not flexible or lightweight enough to allow you to workout properly. This pair is wide enough to fit large feet and flexible enough for your foot to bend and flex in the right areas. Plus, the Pureboosts provide enhanced cushioning and comfort so that you can spend a lot of time in the gym without your feet hurting. It’s a popular shoe for CrossFit because it is well constructed and very fashionable.
It has a synthetic upper with a synthetic outer sole. The upper part of the shoe is made of functional stretchy material, allowing for an excellent fitting and a wide range of movement. There’s a big toe box that allows even athletes who have wide feet to move around. The mesh lining makes the shoes breathable and comfortable.
7. Inov-8 Mens F-Lite 235 V3
- Designed for CrossFit workouts
- Lightweight and flexible
- Barefoot feel
- Comfortable uppers
- Outstanding grip
- Easy to clean
- Can be worn for everyday use
- Double-layered mesh uppers are very breathable
- Good flexibility
- Vibram soles provide excellent traction
- Too thin soles
- Hot in summer months
- Little support at the arches
- Not good for long distances
- Narrow fit
100% Barefoot/Minimal (Weight: 8.2 oz / 230 g)
Express your passion for the sport while saving time with this ultimate solution from Inov 8.
We present you again with one of the best CrossFit shoes on the market, the Inov-8 Mens F-Lite 235 V3. They are made to be fast and lightweight, with a barefoot feel, and the upper is extremely breathable. These shoes are also good for light training and even everyday use, including yard work.
8. Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave Sneaker
- Great value for a good, neutral CrossFit shoe.
- Work well on the platform, at CrossFit classes, or in the box.
- Lightweight, flexible, and very comfortable.
- Would be an ideal introductory shoe for someone new to CrossFit.
- Superb traction on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Very good durability, despite the soft upper material.
- The sole employs one of the best tread patterns out there.
- Noisy on hard surfaces, but very quiet in the box.
- Sole will somewhat retain chalk, but won’t leave white flecks on your socks.
- Great arch support helps alleviate excessive foot fatigue.
- Fit is pretty narrow. They run short and narrow.
- Durability is questionable: perhaps due to the combination of materials in this shoe. The uppers did not hold up well during testing. However, the sole did very well.
- Lacing system tends to not lock in a secure fit.
- Not very good for very heavy Olympic lifts.
A quick overview:
For anyone looking for a responsive and sturdy shoe for CrossFit, the Reebok Nano 8.0 Flexweave is an excellent choice. It is not the best shoe for beginners, as it is quite a narrow fit. It is also not ideal for heavy Olympic lifting in CrossFit. However, it is an excellent shoe for anything else. It is great for gyms or classes that use a wide variety of movements, as you will find them to be responsive for anything. The nano 8.0’s also have a softer ride than many other shoes on the market, and are comfortably light. The sole works well on a wide variety of surfaces, including both indoor and outdoor ones. The traction on this shoe is one of the best on the market, and the sole pattern is aggressive, but the upper is smooth enough that it will not wear down the competition floor.
9. Vibram Men's V-Train Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Breathable Mesh
- No-sew material for better comfort, fewer blisters
- Maximum durability
- Lightweight and flexible
- Issue with sizing (suggest purchasing a half size up)
- Risk of rubbing and blisters if feet aren’t properly conditioned
This shoe is a problem solver. The V-Trail is one of the lightest and most flexible, yet durable shoes on the market. The midsole features a full-length Dynamic Fascia Band that provides structured support, bounce, and keeps your foot flexed through the gait cycle. This is great for CrossFit training and lifting.
But what may be the best feature about this shoe is the material. The sole has a breathable material that’s durable, long lasting, and can handle burpees, box jumps, and Olympic lifting movements. This material’s biggest advantage is the lack of durability issues that plague most CrossFit shoes.
The shoe’s upper is built with breathable mesh. This solves the biggest problem plaguing CrossFit shoes ‗ the fabric rubbing on the foot and forming blister. With these issues gone, you can focus on doing more complex, intense movements and spending less time resting between sets.
10. adidas Performance Men's Crazypower TR M Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Great, deep heel cup for support, stability and comfort.
- Size up 1/2 size to accommodate for thicker socks.
- Lightweight and flexible mesh upper is breathable and supportive.
- Boost midsole is super stable and comfortable for indoor gym use.
- Ideal for metcons, WODs, running, and more.
- Good traction for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Good price point.
- The mesh is prone to snags.
- Laces are quite long and hard to adjust while tied.
- Achilles tab is not padded and is not aligned with the Achilles tendon.
This is another super lightweight and flexible shoe from adidas. It’s a comfortable update to the previous Crazytrain model.
The metcon section of the adidas shoes has become very popular recently. The shoes have a super soft, comfortable feel. They have a breathable mesh upper to keep your feet cool and plenty of support in the midsole.
The heel cup is deep and secure. The Boost midsole continues to provide an effective combination of cushioning and support. The shoes are pretty wide, loosening the laces helps. Overall, for Crossfitters doing a variety of WODs, metcons, or running, these are an excellent choice.
11. Nordic Lifting Weightlifting Shoes Ideal
- Great shoes for crossfit workouts
- Very comfortable – great for lifting weights.
- Lightweight and flexible – perfect for squats, deadlifts, and lateral lunges.
- Durable and long lasting.
- Low-top design is perfect for performing squats and deadlifts.
- Made of top quality and only high quality materials.
- High stability for perfect balance.
- Breathable mesh makes for unmatched comfort.
- 100% money-back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase.
- Manufactured in a facility that only uses the highest quality standards.
The padding inside is a bit narrow. But that's a common problem with most weightlifting shoes.
If you are into CrossFit or weightlifting and looking for a pair of weightlifting shoes, Nordic Lifting Weightlifting Shoes are a good choice. They are versatile shoes that not only can be used for CrossFit workouts or weightlifting, but also can be used as rugged walking shoes. They provide the comfort, stability, and performance required for even the most serious of weightlifting activities.
What really makes this pair of shoes stand out is the fact that they are created with maximum comfort in mind. The materials used are top quality, and the shoes are designed in order to maximize airflow. The shoes are also very light weight, which is perfect for maximizing your performance in CrossFit or during weightlifting sessions. The shoes are stylish and eye catching, and they are true to size.
12. Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 4.0 Training Shoe
- Extremely lightweight (only 8.6 oz for a size 12)
- Perfect for martial arts or boxing workouts, wrestling, and cross training
- Grippy sole for extra traction on all training surfaces
- Mesh top helps keep your feet cool.
- Adjustable lace garage with toggles for increased comfort
- Incredibly stable
- You can feel the seam on top if you take large steps
- Somewhat narrow for those with wide feet
Currently this is our favorite budget-friendly cross training shoe and one of the best athletic shoes overall. This shoe is insanely comfortable, covering all of the areas that are likely to cause discomfort.
For instance, the heel is lined with thick foam, which really helps to cushion the foot, making it ideal for those who suffer from Achilles tendon pain. Also, the heel of the shoe is extremely stable, which is what you want from a cross-trainer.
Whether you’re doing squats, burpees or box jumps, this shoe will serve you well. That said, there are a few caveats to this model. Firstly, the shoes are somewhat narrow and if you have wide feet, you may find that they are a bit too snug.
13. NOBULL Men's Training Shoes and Styles
- Solidly constructed shoes
- Unique design built for performance
- Breathable, waterproof shoe
- Lightweight design
- Advanced level shoe for CrossFit workouts
- High-quality construction
- Comes in two different styles
Whenever it comes to CrossFit shoes, one brand that pops into many people’s minds is NOBULL.
The NOBULL fashion has built a following in the CrossFit community with its unique minimalist design and attention to detail.
NOBULL has taken everything they learned about the sport and built footwear that supports your workouts in a safer and more effective manner than standard shoes.
14. Reebok CROSSFIT Lifter 2.0
- fits true to size
- equipped with a breathable mesh upper that is reinforced with leather overlays.
- Smooth-riding midsole with injection-molded CROSSFIT TECHWELL.
- Sticky rubber sole provides a great traction.
- Lightweight at 11.93 ounces.
- The rubber sole will wear out quickly if used on rough surfaces.
Reebok’s CROSSFIT Lifter 2.0 is a great looking shoe that also performs great.
It features a breathable mesh upper for extra breathability and it has a unique rubber midsole that is designed to stabilize and stop your foot from overpronating.
It has a sticky rubber outsole that provides you with excellent traction for those CrossFit WODs as you work out on the floors.
15. 5.11 Men's Recon Trainer-M
- 2 large compartments
- Can carry plenty of gear
- Front compartment has MOLLE webbing for versatility
- Hydration bladder compatible
- Can carry a laptop
- Limited storage for a hydration bladder
- Webbing for attaching modular pouches is limited
We're back with a 5.11 Tactical backpack review for another product that is very popular among Tactical athletes. In fact, the Recon series has five different options for your needs. All these options have a 4-star rating on Amazon from dozens of reviews.
The Recon M42 is a 35-liter pack with Molle webbing over most of its surface. So, you can add pouches or whatever else you want. The pack is designed to be light yet bombproof and it features a modern design which is popular among Tactical users.
The Recon M42 has two compartments which give you plenty of space for all your gear plus a hydration bladder. It also has a dedicated laptop compartment, an admin panel, and a lash tab with a bungee organizer. It weighs in around 3.5 pounds.
16. VIKTOS Men's PTXF Core Shoe Sneaker
- Water resistant lightweight shoe.
- It fits TTS.
- Breathable upper is very soft.
- Stylish design with athletic lines and a futuristic look.
- It is not very supportive.
- Shoe laces can get untied easily.
- The tread is not very good either.
VIKTOS Men’s PTXF Core Shoe Sneaker is sporty-looking, breathable, comfortable, and affordable all in one. It is made with synthetic soft fabric with mesh, a lightweight breathable fabric with breathable back mesh, cool Max…synthetic leather sole, and rubber sole. This shoe is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and versatile shoe.
It has an athletic style with a rounded toe, arch support, comfortable insole, and stylish design. The heel is very comfortable and the shoe is made with rubber soles. The shoe is light and it weighs about nine ounces. The shoe is also durable, durable, and comfortable. It is also a great pick for all kinds of sports.
The shoe is black and will be flattering for any foot size. It is available in medium sizes and that’s about it. There is limited availability in a variety of sizes. If you have a foot size that isn’t medium, you may want to look elsewhere.
17. Under Armour Men's Charged Ultimate 2.0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Lightweight and breathable design
- Excellent traction on most surfaces
- High quality shoe that’s well built to last
Numerous CrossFit athletes swear by the Under Armour line of shoes, and the Charged is one of their best. The shoe features a full-length Charged midsole which delivers incredible energy return and comfort. It also has a Micro G heel that lets the shoe hug your foot, so you get support when moving quickly or when you’re pushing up in a butterfly stretch.
The Charged has a sleek, low-cut design and it is built for people with narrower feet. If you have regular or wide feet, you’ll want a shoe that stays a little higher up on the foot. This one is slightly narrow, which is part of its appeal.
We liked that the toes have a lot of wiggle room, so you can flex and spread your toes during training. This is nice if you’re doing a repetitive pull or a burpee and your toes are bumping up against your shoe. It’s also great for helping you spread you toes during a butterfly stretch. The simple tread patterns around the toe are easy to keep clean as well.
18. NIKE Men's Train Prime Iron DF Cross Trainer Shoes
- Good traction and comfort for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Breathable upper with Dri-FIT lining to prevent sweating.
- Smooth transition with the Phylon midsole.
- Weight — 10.5 ounces.
- Compatible with a variety of shoe sizes.
- The zipper on the upper is poorly designed and difficult to use.
- Tends to run small, so size up!
These shoes are specially designed for CrossFit training and ideal for any gym workout.
It performs great on a variety of surfaces on both outdoor and indoor.
The knit-like upper is durable, water-resistant, and able to withstand both snow and the heavy-duty workouts.
19. Nike Metcon 4 Mens Cross Training Shoes
- Traction: The Nike Metcon 4 has a multi-directional pattern that will grip a variety of surfaces. The shoes also have a non-marking outsole and a high-abrasion rubber that helps grip the floor. Plus, this traction system works well on gym floors and on wood in general.
- Cushioning: The Metcon 4 has a crash pad feature that gives you some extra protection from the impact of doing burpees, plyos, and other high-impact movements.
- Support: While the rubber crash pad and other advanced cushioning features help absorb some of the impact, the shoe also has a supportive upper that’s quite durable.
- Breathability: While no shoe can be considered breathable due to its material, this shoe’s material has been upgraded in recent years and it does offer better ventilation than previous models of the Metcon.
- Comfort: Due to the design, the Metcon 4 can be used not only on the trail, but also in the gym. The wide “toe box” feels natural when doing movements, while the cushioning and ankle support provide plenty of comfort overall.
- Upper: The upper is easy to clean, but it has also been upgraded in recent years to feature a water resistant coating. The synthetic leather and layered mesh are also very durable and the tongue placement is good for keeping debris out.
- Support: The ankle collar is very well-constructed, as is the tongue and the lacing system. While the shoe is designed for lifting, it can certainly be used at the gym or on the trails.
- While the stability features are great for CrossFit, the design also has a lower toe box that will take some getting used to.
- The midsole has a plyometric bounce in it, but it doesn’t offer the same cushioning benefits as a shoe that has lost it. Some people have also reported a slightly shorter tread life and the rubber isn’t the most durable to begin with.
Overall, these are the Best CrossFit shoes for men. Lightweight, wide, and flexible, these shoes are excellent for working out at the gym or on the trails.
20. adidas Men's Powerlift 4 Weightlifting Shoe
- Great look and feel
- Stylish and functional
- Roomy toe box
- Perfect for olympic lifts
PowerLift model is an all-around great shoe for CrossFit athletes, both for weightlifting and indoor rowing. Still, all-around-ness comes in the cost of higher performance for weightlifting, as they don’t perform as well as dedicated weightlifting shoes.
But CrossFit athletes who want something more stylish can serve themselves well with these and would also be an excellent option as a general lifting and CrossFit shoe for those who don’t make weightlifting a huge part of their exercise routine.
The Adidas PowerLift 4 is well cushioned, providing superior comfort while lifting weight, but is definitely not the shoe you’re looking for if you make weightlifting an essential part of your gym routine.
21. LALO Men's Grinder Training Shoes
- Outsole is made of rubber for durability and superior traction.
- The shoe upper is lightweight and breathable, so your feet won’t get too hot inside the shoe.
- It has a comfortable and supportive insole. Also, the premium canvas upper lining does a good job of preventing moisture build up inside the shoe.
- The shoe’s aesthetic design features quality stitching.
- The outsole features multiple tread patterns for superior traction and foot stability.
- The rubber toe cap protects your foot by acting as a guard against hard blows and impact.
- The shoe’s tongue is also padded for additional comfort and support.
- The shoe’s upper can be tightened for a more secure and snug fit.
- The LALO Grinder features an additional midsole with heel and forefoot micro-cushioning for additional comfort and stability.
- The canvas fabric is not high quality and stretches out fairly quickly.
- The shoe’s lacing system is too loose.
- The shoe’s sole will wear out within 3 to 6 months with average use.
All in all, the LALO Men’s Grinder is a well made and comfortable training shoe that offers good stability and traction. However, the shoe’s imperfect high quality of material and sub-par durability keep it from earning a higher rating.
Designed to deliver comfort and support, these cross training shoes for men are a good choice for anyone who is serious about their training.
It is durable, lightweight, and comfortable. Also, it offers good traction and stability. Additionally, the shoe has some unique aesthetic design features and a reasonable price point.
22. Under Armour Men's Commit Tr Ex Cross Trainer Sneaker
- Breathable mesh uppers
- Grippy rubber outsole
- Soft, cushioned, comfortable
- Variety of color choices
- Heavy-duty stitching
The Under Armour Commit Tr is an excellent all-purpose workout sneaker. It’s great for CrossFit workouts, running, hikes, indoor workouts, and more.
These top rated CrossFit shoes feature a breathable mesh upper with a touch of DWR treatment, so your shoes will dry quickly. They have anti-microbial properties to help prevent odor, and you can hand-wash the uppers to keep them clean.
The rubber outsole is sticky and durable, plus it has a heel wedge for comfort and adding spring to your step. They fit like a standard CrossFit-style shoe: not too low and not too high, with a wider toe box than traditional running shoes, plus the heel is raised a bit to cushion your foot.
23. New Balance Men's Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer
- One of the best shoes for weightlifting, crossfit and any type of training. Comfortable with a strong sole.
- Comfortable enough to train and run in.
- They provide excellent traction and they are extremely light.
- Great initial support for stability as you are going through the first couple of weeks with them. Good arch support.
- Significant although not overly steep heel-to-toe drop.
- Perfect forefoot width: neither too wide nor too narrow.
- Durability is a slight issue with this shoe. However, it could be due to the fact that we stomped through large amounts of snow while using them, so that could be a contributing factor.
- The heel cup does not lock your foot in. As a result, it can feel a bit insecure at times. Again, however, it could be because we were submerging the shoe in snow and water.
- A small percentage of people have complained about the seams coming apart. We have not had this issue ourselves.
All in all, this shoe is a great choice for almost any type of workout. It has a variety of uses; it is great for running, moderate weight lifting, and even crossfit. It is ideal for those who are just starting workouts, as it is very supportive, and it has a variety of qualities at an affordable price.
CHAPTER 17: Dogs are not O.K.
Begin with a careful study of canine history. Eliminate the subject of dogs from history. The dog is a decent creature, but it has not contributed anything. It is hard to imagine why man had to have so much experience to create the dog. In the entire range of metamorphosis, there is only one useful thing the dog does. When it brings you slippers, “you put them on, because it tried to bring them to you. The dog will run to death for “understandable reasons. Trying to understand the dog is the same as wandering around in a fog looking for a tin can that isn’t there. The dog is a device invented by man to make himself feel important, and also to help them look humble when they are standing up.
24. Reebok Men's CROSSFIT Nano 7.0 Cross Trainer
- Good Stability
- Versatile flat sole
- Form, fit, and function are excellent
- Good ankle support and stability
- Solid and quality build
Every man should own a pair of Bowf bok Nano 7.0s when it comes to CrossFit shoes. They are some of the best equipment for CrossFit for men.The Nano7.0s are the perfect blend of style and function. The U-FORM midsole isn’t just a cute marketing gimic, it really does contour to your feet and it somehow improves the stability of the shoe and helps with the form of your movements.
Another reason the Nano7.0s are a great pair of shoes is that they are laced up the front with a tough BOA lacing system. It offers a quick, simple and secure fit which makes them ideal for CrossFit. The upper part of the shoe is made of an Admiral Rubber material which is durable and flexible.
The Reebok CrossFit Nano 7.0 Cross Trainer has received some of the highest CrossFit shoe reviews from customers. This is in part due to it’s form fitting and performance driven design combined with the comfortable, flexible fit.
25. ASICS Men's Gel-Craze TR 4 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Great design and color options
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Ideal for CrossFit, HIIT, or strength training
- Doesn’t squeak
- Looks great
- Adequate structure
- Anti-friction threading
- Some sizes too small – go up a half-size or full size from your street shoe
- Some found these a bit heavy
- Unpadded upper
There are a lot of great CrossFit shoes on the market, but the ASICS Gel-Craze TR4 made the cut with its great look, lightweight, and structure design. This is a lightweight shoe that has good structure. It is made for running and light training.
Reviewers said they could feel their quads and the entire body working during high-intensity periods with these shoes. Many reviewers commented on how stylish the shoes were. The shoe design is classy and attractive. The colors are many.
Many loved the lacing design (hook and loop system) on this shoe because it is easier to take them on and off than it is with the traditional shoelace design.
26. New Balance Men's MX40V1 Gym Workouts Training Shoe
- Synthetic and mesh upper.
- Ventilation in the upper and a midsole which is infused with New Balance foam.
- A wide outsole with solid traction.
- Rubber pods on the heel for additional traction.
- Vibram outsole is very durable and is top rated.
- Narrower in width.
- Mixed reviews for the internal support system.
- Doesn’t offer as much underfoot protection as other shoes.
- Not as flexible as other shoes.
From the New Balance MX heel line, this crossfit shoe still offers traction and durability, but an overall more lightweight design. The upper is very similar to the MX20v2 with a mesh, textile, and synthetic upper.
Ventilation has always been a big selling point for this line and the MX40 is well ventilated throughout the entire upper. It still provides the ample protection and the internal support system is a plus with this shoe. The biggest differences from the MX20v2 is the outsole is more narrow and doesn’t have as much flexibility, even in the forefoot.
This shoe has a wider toe box than the MX20v2 as well. The midsole is also a bit firmer than the 20v2 and is less flexible. Many people, especially bad back sufferers, still prefer this shoe over the 20.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best shoes for CrossFit?
Shoes designed for CrossFit are best. There are a lot of shoes on the market that claim to be CrossFit shoes, but few live up to the claim. When looking for the best CrossFit shoes, the first thing to look for is the shoe’s ability to support your feet and ankles. If you have a weak foundation, your performance and exercise will suffer.
In addition to a solid base, a good set of CrossFit shoes will provide flexibility and mobility. CrossFit exercises often require quick turns, jumps, squats and high impact on your body. CrossFit shoes are not made to stand up to this kind of punishment over a long period of time. You will need to replace your CrossFit shoes every 3 to 6 months.
What are the best Nike CrossFit shoes?
The best Nike CrossFit shoes are the Nike Metcon 3. Nike shoe lines are popular because of their good value for money. They last long and are commonly used by the military, police, firefighter and even for CrossFit.
Nike Metcon 3 is our pick for the best Nike CrossFit shoe. It is stylish but it still looks like a functional gym shoe. The comfort of this shoe is top notch. It has been a favorite of CrossFitters at the Reebok CrossFit Games for the last three years. It is a well-designed shoe for CrossFit and the fit is very true to size.
The Metcon 3 is wide enough to fit your feet comfortably with no rubbing or blisters. It offers great ankle support and good traction so you do not slide around too much. The Metcon 3 is also a very durable shoe with good arch support and good cushioning for the heel. The soles are stiffer and the cushioning is medium-low so they are not the best for regular runners. Then again, they are not the best for runners to start with so you shouldn’t consider them shoes for running.
The Metcon 3 has some technical details that would make it more suited for CrossFit because of the cushioning that works better for CrossFit exercises.
What are the best shoes for gym workouts?
What's the best shoes for walking or running in the gym?
What are the best CrossFit shoes for women in 2019?
What CrossFit shoes are top rated for men?
The reason why runners like Asics gel trail shoes, Reebok or New balance trail shoes are excellent for CrossFit or HIIT workouts is that they provide superior support and shock absorption which is crucial for HIIT workouts.
What's the best shoes for running in the gym?
Here is a list of best shoes for crossfit athletes in 2018.
Is it bad to run in CrossFit shoes?
No. It’s acceptable to wear CrossFit shoes for running, just as it’s acceptable to wear them for wearing around the house.
We advise against running in CrossFit shoes, though, because they are designed for the rigors of the box. This means that they are stiffer than shoes you would normally use for running on a track, road, or trail. If you do decide to run in them, we recommend that you do so on a treadmill in the gym, first. Running outside is just too dangerous.
If you are looking for a pair of the best crossfit shoes for men, we've put together a list of some of the best options out there. Here, you can find out which ones are the best, comprehensively field-tested, reviewed and analyzed.
Our first entry is from Reebok. These shoes feature a lot of technology and come with an incredible price tag. They are a double black shoe with a stylish look.
The upper is made of a combination of high quality nylon and synthetic leather. The traction pattern that comes with these shoes is a full cement pattern.
The Reebok Nano 6.0 are also a good choice for people with severe flat feet. The midsole is heavily protected by the great wall technology. CrossFitters will be able to jump higher, run faster and have better endurance than ever before that's for sure.
Weight: 11.6 ounces/sizes 8-14
|Reebok Men's Nano 9 Cross Trainer||Best Overall|| |
|5.11 Men's Recon Trainer-M||Budget Pick|| |
|Nike Metcon 4 Mens Cross Training Shoes||Upgrade Pick|| |