Breathing through your nose alone during high-intensity exercises pushes your body through a bottleneck because sweaty air can't blow out.
This causes more mucous to build up in your nose and increase the chances of getting sinus irritation or other blow-related ailments.
Plus, breathing through the mouth increases your body temperature, shortening your training time and hindering your performance.
So, to keep your cool during exercise you either need to stop exercising or use a nose cooling towel.
|Alfamo Cooling Towel||Best Overall|
|Polygon Cooling Towel||Budget Pick|
|FROGG TOGGS Chilly Pad Cooling Towel||Upgrade Pick|
1. Alfamo Cooling Towel
- Perfect size for small to medium size heads.
- Works better than other brands.
- Has better quality material than other brands.
- Affordable price and great value for the money.
- The Cooling clow t liners are soft, comfortable, and have a non-irritating feel.
- It’s still not as absorbent as a traditional towel would be.
- The cooling effect doesn’t last as long as you would like for it to.
When you attend any activity that causes you to get sweaty and wet, you need to be sure to bring a towel to dry yourself off. The Alfamo cooling towel is one of the best towels available today to ensure that you are not exposed to bacteria and germs on towels and cause you to get sick. With this towel, you will feel refreshed and at ease. You can bring it along for any activity you’re attending and bring it as a gift for a friend or family member who is also involved in physical activity.
One of the best features is that it comes out of the packaging ready for use. You will not have to deal with any kind of heavy lifting to get the towel ready for your next activity.
2. SYOURSELF Cooling Towels Set
- Keeps You Cool Even in Extreme Heat! Just Add Water!
- There are two different ways to wear it. The first way is to easily wrap the towel around the neck and it can also be used as a bandana. Second, the towel is long enough to be wrapped around the whole head and face. Lightweight and Compact, Packable and Easy to Carry.
- This Lightweight and Compact Microfiber towel both absorbs sweat and keeps your body cool without weighting you down. It is slightly larger than a traditional hand towel (12"x40" for the waist/head, 42"x12" for head & neck). It can also be used as a scarf or a bandana. It is perfect for hiking, biking, running, camping, yoga, gym, golf, etc.
- Lightweight and compact design for easy carrying
- Stays cool for hours after being wetted
- The small size of the towel may be a little inconvenient to wrap your head.
- Some customers have reported that the towel is not big enough to wrap around the head and face.
- The towels shrink after the first wash
- It is not recommended to machine wash this towel.
If you are looking for a long lasting High Quality microfiber towel, SYOURSELF Cooling Towel is absolutely the best choice.
3. FROGG TOGGS Chilly Pad Cooling Towel
- Ideal for hot weather and outdoor activities
- Wet it with cold water or put it in freezer and you’ll have instant cooling
- Dry material is soft and very absorbent
- Zipper-lock bag makes the Chilly Pad a snap to carry
- No chemical smell and is environmentally friendly
- Can’t be tumble dried
- While the Chilly Pad is comfortable and versatile, it is somewhat pricey.
This is a large and versatile sports towel that can be used for almost anything. First, it dries quickly, so you will be ready to go quicker after your bout of perspiration. Next, it is lightweight and compact when packed.
The Chilly Pad can also be soaked in water to cool you down in the heat of summer or after a workout, or it can be toted in your workout bag. It can even be put in the freezer for a cool pick-me-up while you exercise. Whatever your activity, the Chilly Pad will keep you cooler so you can last longer.
This towel has both the ability to be frozen or just be warm. It is a great product that can be used by kids or adults. You can use it for camping or just for downtime on those hot days.
4. Chill Pal PVA Cooling Towel
- Keeps your body cool in any situation so you stay focused and get through your workout
- No ice necessary to keep cool, just wet this towel and wrap around your neck, shoulders, head, etc.
- A fantastic solution to the hot summer months, when doing outdoor activities, playing sports, exercising, or even better for sleeping.
- It is lightweight, doesn’t take up much room in your bag and can even be packed away when not in use.
- The towel is reusable and when you wash it it is just as good as new
After some time, the material gets a little bit more stiff. It’s nothing to worry about and doesn’t impact it’s functionality at all.
The Chill Pal PVA Cooling Towel is a genius product that can help you get through your workouts, easier and more comfortably. It feels just like a normal towel and is extremely portable and lightweight. It’s simple to use, and you simply wet if, and then twist and wind it around your head, neck, shoulders or even your arm, to keep you cool for hours.
5. Chill Pal Mesh Cooling Towel
- Extremely long-lasting. Recharged with ice cubes.
- Handy carry bag, easy to transport
- Absorbs and evaporates faster than most other cooling towels.
- Very useful for people who exercise outdoors during hot summers.
- As the towel is WRINKLED, it seems to be disappointing for some of the users.
- A few buyers said they are too small.
This one of the best cooling towels which will keep you cool and comfortable while you workout or do other activities. The Chill Pal is one of the most popular products on the market. This blue 1/8” Cooling Towel (12 x 40 inch) is activated simply by soaking the towel in cold water and wringing it just like you would wring water out of a wash cloth. It’s that simple. It can be recharged over and over again. For the best results, soak it in ice cold water, wring it, and then lie down and place the Chill Pal Mesh on your body. It can be reused over and over again. Charged in a cool down mode, the Chill Pal can cool for hours. Keep the towel cool for your whole workout then soak it in cool water once you’re done for a longer lasting effect.
6. Cooling Towel
- Towels are made from a durable microfiber that is both absorbent and soft.
- a hanging loop so it is easily accessible
- Useful travel pouch included in the package
- Towels may be too thin for some users.
Ok, it’s really hard to not just add a simple “yes” to this. But we’re going to give a bit more information anyway.
These cooling towels are cool, soft, and absorb the moisture that you would expect. Although they are thin, the material is as close as possible to regular towels so you can use them in much the same way, or as a replacement for regular towels.
It’s not like you get a thick or extra absorbent towel and then have to use it in the same way as a thinner one. These are very regular towels with one difference: the fibers are infused with the cooling technology.
7. Chill Pal 12 in 1 Multi Style Cooling Neck Gaiter Face Cover
- Easy to switch from one style to the next.
- Lots of different styles to choose from.
- Very durable, can be running in the wash weekly.
- Metal snaps can be a tad uncomfortable against your neck.
- Doesn’t quite fit snugly around your head/neck.
Normally there aren’t too many viable alternatives to sports towels as they are not known for their versatility and they are really only useful during a workout session. But that is not the case with Chill Pal’s 12-in-1 multi style cooling towel.
It has various different ways to wear it so you can easily integrate it into your daily routine and avoid overheating. It’s a great investment for those who are always looking to do more in the summer heat or workout often.
8. Ergodyne Chill-Its 6602 Evaporative Cooling Towel
- Great for keeping your head cool
- Fully adjustable
- Won't get soaked with sweat
- Quite expensive
- Only has one color- BLUE!
Although this towel is expensive, anyone that has used it before will be able to tell you that it is completely worth the money. It is incredibly helpful in keeping your head cool during your workout.
The Ergodyne towel can be used in various different ways so that you can find a way that is most comfortable for you. One way is to wear it around your neck like you would a scarf and have the cool surface keep your body cool as you work out. Another way is to wrap it around your head.
Either method will greatly help you in keeping your head cool so that you can work out longer and harder each time you go to the gym. As compaired to a hat, which can get sweaty as you work out, this towel won’t allow your head to get overly hot and will keep you cool all day.
9. Idefair Cooling Towel
- Now it becomes more cool and soft than before.
- Fashionable design and comfortable to wear.
- You can put it in the freezer before use or wash it cool water.
- Portable and lightweight, easy to carry and use.
- Adsorption of sweat in 1-2 second, Repeated use, guaranteed non-toxic, odorless and environmental friendly.
- Easy to wash, and can be used for multiple times.
- At first it smells bad. It’s normal and usually disappear after first use.
- When it first arrives it is totally dry. The towel does a really decent job of picking up moisture. It can leave your body slightly damp, but most of the sweat should be gone.
A cooling towel is an “all purpose” towel which can be used to wipe sweat, during your workout or after your shower. Even the scientists aren’t sure why cooling towels work, so it can’t hurt try one.
This cooling towel is 100% dry, so you can put it in the freezer for 3-4 hours before you use it. It is very thin and water absorbent.
10. Polygon Cooling Towel
- Extremely lightweight
- Large enough to cover all your needs
- Comfortable, light, and easy to carry
- One size that fits most. Also can be used as a travel pillow
- Can be used when wet or dry
- Machine washable
- Great overall quality for the price
- Very effective
- Extremely fast chilling
- Very safe and non-toxic
- A little large for gym bag use
- Needs to be exposed to air to work properly
- A little stiff at first
X 12", Black.
Overview: This cooling towel is an upgrade from the last reviewing design. It has a highly absorbent microfiber top. It can be used in a variety of ways. It can be draped around your neck to cool you down or your head. It can be placed on your forehead or ares of your face when sweating runs down.
If the towel is wet, simply wring it out and it will continue to cool your skin for about 30 minutes. It can also be used as a travel pillow.
11. Balhvit Cooling Towel
- Very attractive.
- Keeps you cool when hot.
- Stays cold a long time.
- Light weight and easy to carry.
- Keeps the sweat off your skin.
- You have to be careful to put it where you don’t trip.
- Must keep it wet to keep from drying out.
- Use with caution if you have had eye surgery.
Are you looking for an attractive yet functional way to help keep you cool during hot yoga sessions and while playing a workout? This 2 piece set includes two generous size towels that will put the chill back into your daily workout.
The towels are made with high quality material that allows it to absorb and release evaporative cooling water vapor. This process enables this towel to stay cool all the way through you workout. The fabric moves moisture and at the same time helps keep you cool, and helps keep the sweat off your body.
These cooling towels are very compact, lightweight and easy to carry. Each towel measures about 21 x 20 inches, and weigh only about 5.6 ounces. One shower and you’re set for any workout that comes your way. The towels are easy to clean, making them great for multi-use.
12. Mission HydroActive Max Full Body Recovery Cooling Towel
- Can stay cooler for longer
- Extra-large size is great for athletes
- Can be machine-washed
- Affordable price
- Quality control might not be perfect
- Not as heavy-duty as others reviewed
The Mission HydroActive Max Full Body Recovery Cooling Towel is extra-large and extra-absorbent, which is great if you’re a tall or large athlete. It can absorb up to 2 liters of water in just one minute, which is quite impressive.
It’s not the most stylish cooling towel, but it’s available in many colors, so you should have no problem finding one that’s to your liking. The best thing about it is the price. It’s among the least expensive items we’ve reviewed in this article.
It’s fairly big but can be folded into a medium-sized stack, so it’s easy to store and can also be brought to races and other competitions.
13. Mission Original Cooling Towel
- Great for hot summer days
- Excellent for golfing, running, biking, or hiking
- Actually great for all year round
- Does a very good job of cooling the body down
- You can use it for many sports activities to keep your body temperature down
- It is also most effective when you are doing physical activity
- Some complain that it leaves them very wet and cold, so just use it sparingly
- You can use it in a heated environment, just don’t expect it to keep you cool
- As with many cooling products, it only keeps you mildly cool
This towel has really good reviews. It is also very reasonably priced.
The Mission Original Cooling Towel is a very versatile product that can actually be used all year round, not just for the summer. There are actually a lot of people who used it to keep cool in the winter months. They were happy with how well it performed and kept them cool from getting sick.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do the cooling towels really work?
Yes they really work. Try it yourself. Keep a towel with you and use it during training and even during your run. Test the towel before your run to gage the effectiveness of the towel.
They don’t work the same for everyone, and it’s entirely possible to get a dud towel. But if you are a person who is sweating a lot and you are looking for a good way to cool down during training, these types of towels can be invaluable. And if you’re going to be outside, they can really make a big difference in how your training session goes overall.
What is the best cooling towel on the market?
We have recently reviewed the top 12 best cooling towels on the market and found that the best cooling towel is the Rehband Go Beyond Yoga and Workout Towel.
Rehband Go Beyond Yoga and Workout Towel has the best combination of size and the softness. It is an extra large beach towel that is also very soft and comfortable.
We were amazed by the wicking ability of this model. This towel will compact itself automatically several times, depending on the humidity of the air moisture. This is almost like a miracle that the towel will protect you from the worst in a hot workout. Of course, this high-end towel will provide enough water evaporation for it to evaporate.
Do you wet a cooling towel?
No cooling towel is good for wetting. Most athletes just use the towel to wipe off their faces and neck and then wring the towel out with their hands or drop it back in the duffel bag they keep their towels in to carry it to the next workout. A few athletes do wet their towels and apply the water to their face and hair to cool themselves off between sets.
If you love your cooling towel, then you may feel an affinity to a particular brand of towel. You may also want to keep your towel close to you when you train at the gym, so it’s better to have a towel that is bright red so you can identify it more easily.
Can you cut a cooling towel?
No, you cannot cut a cooling towel. They are made with PVA material, which will start to expand and become sticky if you put anything sharp on the towel. You should not cut a Cooling Towel, and it would be a waste of time to try.
A towel to keep you refreshed and cool during and after your workout is essential when it comes to getting the most out of your sweat sessions.
Towels from brands such as PolarCool and Nike are comfortable, lightweight and affordable. What’s more, you can easily attach them to your gym bag. Not only will you be able to cool yourself down during your workouts, you will also be able to wipe off any perspiration and sweat.
There are a variety of towels, but the best types are the ones that absorb sweat, are affordable, are quick drying, or have antibacterial properties. Below, we review the best towels for workouts and sports activities.
|Alfamo Cooling Towel||Best Overall|
|Polygon Cooling Towel||Budget Pick|
|FROGG TOGGS Chilly Pad Cooling Towel||Upgrade Pick|