The redesign of this model in 2010 added a lot of features and looks great!
Check out these awesome features:
- Confidence-pushing steel frame holds up to 500 pounds
- Oversized pulley fly levers handle a force of over 900 pounds for a great full body workout
- Convenient cable station spans 16 feet to provide a large range of motion
- Versatility to work your chest, back, arms and shoulders equally well
- Powerful free weight bench
- Effective, efficient, versatile and affordable design
Putting it together: a single person can put this together in under an hour without having to use any tools. The screws needed for assembly are included.
|Body-Solid Powerline PCCO90X Cable Crossover Machine||Best Overall|| |
1. Body-Solid Powerline PCCO90X Cable Crossover Machine
- Sturdy frame, very good quality machine.
- Great for Heavy Intensity Crossover Training, also double overhand grip for additional emphasis on Pec muscles.
- Leg Raise Boot also available for additional leg workout.
- Assembly can be a bit of a chore, can take up to an hour. (Be mindful of this, assembly isn’t fun)
- Not the most compact machine, measures 1m (39 inches) long, 75cm (30 inches) wide, 86cm (34 inches) tall.
This might be better known as the “Crossover Machine” but in recent years, this machine is used to supplement the Bench Press, Floor Press, and Push Press. The idea is to use the cables to keep constant tension on the muscle and to prevent cheating by doing a 1 arm Press.
The PCCO90X is a sturdy machine. The frame is 1.5 inch diameter steel. The Pulleys are mounted on ball bearings for smooth operation. The PCCO90X is built to last and will easily support safe repetition of exercises.
2. XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine
- Heavy duty all steel frame and structure
- User friendly guides and diagrams for quick setup
- Both cable stations are easy to use
- Can be used for knee raise to work out the abdominal region
- Product is extremely versatile, user can work on all muscle groups using just one machine
- A fantastic value in home gym equipment for the price
- The frame is made out of steel and is therefore pretty heavy, making this machine somewhat difficult to move from one place to another.
- Due to the nature of the machine, certain guides and assembly instructions can be a little difficult to follow, but this is to be expected with a product that is of a very high quality.
- No leg extension attachments are included with the machine. However, users can purchase attachments that are sold separately.
- The cable connection cables tend to be a little bit stiff and users may have some difficulty in adjusting the cables into the optimum position.
The XMark Functional Trainer is a great addition to any gym giving it tremendous versatility. One thing that makes this machine stand out from the crowd is the fact that it includes two weight stacks. This allows you to do the weight lifting portion of your workout at one station while a partner works separately at another station.
3. FreeMotion Dual Cable EXT Crossover
- High quality build
- Well priced
- Smooth motion
- Great for beginners
- For both men and women
This is a no-nonsense cable crossover machine that doesn't copy anyone else's design. It has modern features and a modern look.
It's here to stay.
4. Body-Solid GDCC200 Functional Training Center 200
- Extended weight range for serious lifting
- Heavy-duty construction is built to last
- Less expensive than Bowflex offering
- Convenient and attractive fold-down design
- Lower weight range than Bowflex model (only 20 pounds to 66 pounds)
- Weight increments are 5 pounds in 2.5-pound increments
- In some cases, have arrived damaged
The Body-Solid is designed for serious gyms and is a bit more affordable than the Bowflex as well. These are great adjustable dumbbells for serious lifters because they have weight increments of 2.5 pounds going from 20 to 66 pounds. They also have a large hand-grip that makes them easier to hold and control.
The Bowflex might lack this heavy-duty, utility-focused design, but it’s no slouch when it comes to quality, and its compact design means it’s a lot easier to integrate into any home gym.
The Bowflex is also more customizable, providing weight increments as low as 2 pounds and as high as 52.5 pounds. This makes the Bowflex may the best adjustable dumbbells for those who want both a more adaptable weight range and a customizable experience while lifting.
5. Valor Fitness BD-61 Cable Crossover Station
- Includes a unique LAT pull-up bar.
- Includes an easy-to-adjust multi-grip handle.
- Includes a built-in row station.
- Tight and sturdy frame
- Optional foot platform.
- Includes an aggressive display that keeps track of your progress.
- Constructed using durable steel and thick plastic
- The individual pulley cables are short
- Can be a little bit tricky to assemble
If you are looking for the best cable crossover machine, the BD-61 is definitely the one for you. It includes a built-in vertical row station, a LAT pull-up station, and a multi-grip pull-up station. The manufacturer allows adjustments to be made to the cable height, weight stack, and footplates.
You are guaranteed an aggressive workout as you exercise the pectoral muscles and biceps with higher intensity interval workouts. You can adjust the 3-position lower pulley system to maximize the muscular stimulation of your chest, arms, and much more. The machine also comes with a lat row attachment that allows you to do exercises with a wider range of motion.
6. BodyCraft HFT Functional Trainer Home Gym 150 lb Stack
- Durable wide steel frame that feels and looks premium
- Packed with features including, leg developer, back extension, preacher curl, and preacher pad
- Heavy duty, long life resistance cables that are covered by a Limited lifetime warranty
- Sturdy welded and powder coated base
- Comes with 12 built-in workout programs
- Space efficient and good for small home gym spaces
- Easy and fast assembly
- The rods that hold the seat-back do not look strong.
- Smooth motion pulleys tend to get stuck during reps.
It has a solid construction and it’s durable enough for most people and household use. This is a compact gym with a big feel. Assembly is fast and easy as well.
It’s not the quietest machine in the world, but plenty of people don’t seem to mind the noise, even at night.
The quality and usability of the BodyCraft HFT, in particular, impressed many users. It has a durable wide steel frame and it comes with a virtually indestructible high-quality weight stack that feels and appears premium. That makes it perfect for not just home use but for gyms as well.
7. Powertec Fitness Functional Trainer Deluxe
- Combines cable chest press and triceps pulldown.
- 8 positions of each pulley station.
- Affordable for price.
- Great design allows you to monitor your form.
- Compact design, fits nicely into home gyms.
- Pulley and weight stack are fully adjustable.
- Great for compound exercises.
- Can do more exercises than normal cable cross machines.
- Supports 350+lb.
- Pulleys are plastic, not metal.
- Does not take up much space in your house.
- Cable can get caught underneath weight plates.
- Low weight stack, only 350lb max.
- Plastic handle.
The Powertec Fitness Functional Trainer is an excellent pulley machine because you can get more variety of exercises from it than you can from cable cross over machines.
The pulley stations include a chest fly station which allows you to do flat, incline, and decline work, or pulldowns.
All together, you can do seated rows, standing rows, forward facing rows, chin ups, back and leg presses, shoulder presses, vertical row station, chest fly station, and standing barbell curls.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you build muscle with cable machines?
Building incredible amounts of muscle using machines can be very challenging. Because of the set nature of the machine your design although your end result is predetermined. The number of workouts that can be done on a cable machine is limitless but many times the amount of muscle building that can be achieved with machines is more limited.
What is the best exercise machine for all over toning?
Just because you prefer to focus on your chest, back and shoulder muscles doesn’t mean that you are limiting the benefits of a cable crossover or pulley machine.
When comparing all over toning machines to something like a seated row machine, you may think the seated row machine has the upper edge, but that isn’t always the case. In fact, a number of expert fitness trainers often recommend using a cable crossover machine for all-over toning instead of a seated row machine. It is also important to realize that all three of these pieces of equipment are not only suitable toning machines, but they can double as great aerobic equipment as well.
Which gym equipment is best for hips?
Remember there are different muscles that get worked when using different machines. If you want your hips to be worked you must use the machinery that is designed to work the hip muscles. The only truly leg targeting machines are the leg press and the leg extension machines. If you would like to get a good exercise program that targets your hips, it might be necessary to buy a home gym.
This is because you wont get to work your hips effectively in traditional gyms. Remember to pick machines that are actually designed for hip exercises, and make sure to include a variety of different machines in your routine. A good leg routine using weight training will include squats, leg presses, and leg extensions. You can also incorporate leg curl exercises and hip thrusts into your workouts.
Is it better to use dumbbells or machines?
Under most circumstances, it is better to use dumbbells over machines. However, programs designed to use machines are absolutely appropriate.
Dumbbells have a number of benefits over machines, including being more portable and versatile. That is much of their value. Machines, in theory, isolate a muscle better. While this is true, it is also much harder to do correct form when using a machine because you have an external structure to guide your motion.
Working out through machines allows you to recruit your muscles' full strength. To fully understand the mechanism – imagine a heavy duty machine with a push button that will move the entire machine down, taking the bar and back pad with it, upon you pressing the red button. If you push the red button as hard as you can, the machine of course won't move. But when you push against the machine and stop it from moving by resisting it, you multiply the strength of your muscles AND the machine.
Cable crossover machines are fairly inexpensive, will help you increase your muscle size, strength and power. Crossover-style exercises are great alternative to free weights. With this in mind, I did the research on the best cable crossover machines, and came up with the following cable crossover guide for you. The following machines are the best-reviewed, come highly recommended by us and our readers, and will help you achieve your goals.
There are numerous benefits one can get from buying a cable crossover machine. The most important benefits are improving posture, building core strength and increasing your muscle size.
|Body-Solid Powerline PCCO90X Cable Crossover Machine||Best Overall|| |