Looking for an incredibly effective way to workout before you hit the gym?
Then you need to start using Bosu Balls & Balance Trainers.
What Are Bosu Balls And Balance Trainers?
Bosu® was one of the first companies to make “core training” equipment. They are used for improving balance and stability during an exercise. Many times you’ll see them in boxing gyms or with professional bodybuilders. You may have seen them in the training scene of The Rocky movies!
Certain exercises will have you balancing on the ball, which in turn forces you to use your core to stay balanced and engaged as you exercise.
The best part is, you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank to get a Bosu Ball. As today’s guide will show, you don’t need a Bosu ball in order to do exercises that will strengthen your core.
|BOSU Pro Balance Trainer||Best Overall|
|Sagler Balance Ball||Budget Pick|
|Bosu Pro NexGen 65CM Balance Trainer||Upgrade Pick|
1. BOSU Pro Balance Trainer
- Great for improving balance and core training.
- Suitable for aerobic workouts, strength training, flexibility training and rehabilitation.
- Easy to use and can be used on a non-slip surface.
- Convenient wight storage.
- Quite heavy and difficult to move around.
If you are looking for the best Bosu balls, we can surely think of no better option than this model from BOSU. The pro variety from BOSU is a well-known item that a lot of gyms and fitness camps use during their sessions. So, you can be rest assured that you will be purchasing a product that has a long-time reputation of performance and quality.
The BOSU trainer is a great tool for improving your balance and core strength. The cushioned top of the trainer ensures that you can work your upper body without the shock from the ground affecting your workout.
The trainer is built tough. It can hold up to a maximum of 500 pounds. Durability is a high priority for this BOSU trainer. Also included is a top notch strap that ensures that you are safe even as you train on the most unstable surfaces.
2. Bosu Pro NexGen 65CM Balance Trainer
- Great for developing core stability and balance
- Sleek and stylish design includes multiple handles
- Durable construction
- Can be used for a variety of exercises
- Can boost cardiovascular performance
- Includes a 1 year warranty
- Can be a little unstable for some beginner users
- A bit pricey for some users
Want a simple and inexpensive way to help build core strength and balance? You need the Bosu Pro NexGen 65CM Balance Trainer.
This is a durable piece of equipment that is designed to boost muscle strength as well as provide an effective cardiovascular workout. It has been tested to withstand up to 350 lb, so you can do a variety of different exercises on it, such as squats, pushups, and crunches.
The Bosu Pro has a non-slip surface and the included tools can help you adjust it to your preferred height. It’s one of the best balance boards for providing an efficient low impact workout.
3. Bosu Balance Trainer
- Tried and tested design
- Stability is truly phenomenal
- Suitable for wide range of fitness levels
- Good value for the price
- Easy to use
- No strap for holding feet
- Somewhat unstable
- Difficult to use with back to the ground
- Name isn’t particularly imaginative
The Bosu Balance Trainer is the original Swiss-style Bosu ball. It’s made in Switzerland, and it has the same stable roundness as the standard Swiss balls, except with the inclusion of the flat base that lets you use the Bosu ball in all sorts of different ways.
The Bosu is a good value for the money. It’s made with high-quality materials and it has sturdiness and stability that will allow you to perform all sort of different exercises on it.
It has that classic Bosu semi-sphere shape, so you don’t have to worry about rolling off of it. You can use it on its side to support you while you’re doing crunches or ab workouts.
4. URBNFit Balance Trainer Stability Half Ball
- Cheaper than many other balls
- Exercise guide to follow
- Perfect for all-body home workouts
- Can be used as a weight bench
The second ball on our list is this one from URBNFit. As the name indicates, it’s not your everyday balance ball.
This ball has an exercise guide that comes with it. It also features 2 resistance bands, so you can add different levels of resistance to your workouts. The ball is a half ball but made from high-grade heavy-duty PVC material that makes it portable and lightweight for easy transport.
It weighs about 12 pounds so it’s not as easy to move around as the other balls on this list, but still much easier than a regular ball. It can be used for any exercise that requires a stability ball and is suitable for all fitness levels. You can use it as a balance trainer, a chair, and works great as a balance ball.
5. DEVEBOR Half Ball Sport Balance Trainer（2nd Generation）
- Good Stability for Adjustable Level
- Easy to Use Resistance Bands
- Smooth Surface and Slip Resistant
- Smaller Footprint than Full Size Half Balls
- Improved Design with Practical Additions
- Clear Display Panel
- User Friendly
- Easy to Use Pump
- Clear Instructions
- Footprint Is Smaller Than Full Size
- Harder to Find an Instructor
- It Is Loud
- Sale Price is High
NEW Apron Half Ball.
The DEVEBOR half ball is an improvement over the older design that actually makes it better than the more expensive models out there. For the price, you get a lot of value and a durable product that you can use for years to come. It will never wear out and it won’t break.
As such, the DEVEBOR is a worthwhile purchase for any gym, school, or fitness facility as it will bring variety to workouts and it can be incorporated with all kinds of equipment and exercises. It can be used to build core strength or to add balance to different strength exercises. It can also be used to add balance to agility training.
6. BELEBOOM Balance Trainer Ball
- You can balance and strengthen your core without a floor.
- It can be used for a range of exercises.
- You can do your balance training anywhere you want to.
- You’ll fit this into any tight space.
- The info on the ball is helpful too.
- The ball may deflate a little after being left for a while.
- The ball is small.
- The ball may be too small for some users.
Balancing on a ball has hundreds of health benefits. The balancers are great for building muscles. It also improves your stability. Balancing and strengthening exercises on the balancers improves your body’s coordination.
The ball is perfect for people who want to strengthen their core muscles. They can also improve balance. The ball includes a sturdy base, which adds stability.
This ball does what it claims. It improves balance and strengthens core muscles. You’ll feel safety with the ball due to its stability and durability. The ball is easy to hold and is perfect for anyone with a busy schedule. Anyone who wants to build muscles can do so with this ball.
7. Sportneer Balance Ball Balance Board
- Light and sturdy one-piece design
- Quality stitching and extra thick fabric for durability
- Flat side panels for sit-and-reach stability
- Convenient carry handle, comes with pump and bands
- Includes resistance bands for extra workout
- One-year warranty
- Not very good for short people
- Does not support heavy weights
This product comes highly recommended for its quality construction and durability. The Sportneer Anti-burst ball is made from top quality materials and has extra thick fabric to ensure durability.
Its flat side panels help provide you with sit and reach exercises that improve your balance and stability. Its durable PVC bladder has a maximum fill line to prevent overfilling. The ball comes with a convenient carrying handle and a bonus pump and tubing.
This workout tool also comes with a training guide, exercise guide and exercise videos. Your purchase also includes a one-year warranty. This helps to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your product.
8. Bosu Sport Balance Trainer
- Great for strengthening and conditioning.
- Useful for teaching sports and for preventative training.
- Can be used for Pilates and yoga.
- Well made
- Not good for balance training by itself.
- A great thing about the Bosu Fitness Ball is that it can be used for so many different exercises that you could almost call this one piece of equipment a full-blown workout station, but we will get into specific uses for it later.
- What makes the Bosu uniquely tough is the fact that you will need to rely on your core strength to maintain good posture when on it, and that is not something most people who aren’t working out at the gym do on a regular basis.
If you think about it, in our effort to make life easier for ourselves, we have made chairs that can come off the ground, and desks in which we can lay down and roll around. For the most part, those aren’t skills you need to survive.
But strengthening your core and improving your balance is a must in order to keep yourself safe and healthy, and these two things are accomplished when on the Bosu.
9. ZELUS Balance Ball Trainer Half Yoga Exercise Ball
- High quality
- Nice colors
- Perfect bounce
- Holds air well
- Resistance bands included
- It’s a little small
- Larger than you think (we found it too small for advanced workouts, but perfect for beginners)
This balancing ball is great for those of you who are just starting out with neutrally and balancing on a swiss ball. It’s consistently rated one of the best yoga balls for balance and stability for 12”-18” diameter yoga work.
The joints in your ankles, knees, hips, back, and shoulders will thank you if you use this for the workouts. Like a favourite yoga mat, it will get better with time and create a comfortable base for your workouts.
It comes with the pump some resistance bands. The manufacturer boasts a flat balance surface (about one-inch thick) which will support even the shakiest of knees.
10. Finer Form Half Ball Balance Trainer
This is the cheapest of the budget end options. It is great for beginners and to practice with.
It holds up great! You will be very impressed with how well this hunk of rubber can hold up, even under some beginner weight.
These are the most fun way to get in some fantastic workout plus ab work. For a very little price you can have a fantastic way to get in a lot of very effective ab, back, and other core work, plus the use of the rings for ups and dips is very effective.
11. PEXMOR Latest Version Balance Ball
Stretching and balance training.
Gym users and gym classes.
Easy to roll over on the ground.
12. 23 inch Half Balance Ball
13. Sagler Balance Ball
- Solid construction, good size for the budget option.
- Resistance bands will help with upper-body strength.
- Has black and red colors for different users.
- Air pump included.
- Pump makes inflating and deflating easy.
- Pump and bands can also be used as free weights.
- Can be used for abdominal exercises.
- Doesn’t hold air very well.
- Pump has been known to break fairly easily.
- Other users have experienced the pump not inflating the ball well.
- Balls have been known to rip at the seams.
Very popular balance ball for people that are on a budget. It is cost effective and can be used to strengthen the core and upper body.
It is also one of the best balance training balls for kids. These balance balls are lightweight and easy to carry around. The bag with carry straps comes with the set and makes it easy to store.
The resistance bands on the ball can also be used as free weights for upper body exercises. In addition, they can be used to stretch stiff muscles. The ball works to strengthen the core muscles, abdominal muscles and glutes.
14. RitFit Premium Balance Ball Trainer
- Includes a foot pump, workout DVD, and measuring tape.
- Includes 2 resistance bands.
- Has an exercise guide included.
- Includes a carry bag.
- Very durable.
- The steps to use this ball are very easy to follow.
- Can be used for a variety of exercises.
- Impact absorption is superb.
- Can be used for both rehabilitative and strengthening exercises.
- The pump provided is not very good.
- The ball isn't very big. If you're a larger person, you might have an issue with the ball being too small.
The RitFit Premium is the best portable gym ball. You can do sit-ups, crunches, back extensions, planks, push-ups, and much more with this ball.
Its gym ball is made from high-quality material and is marked with low-impact zones that allow you to keep your spine aligned for safety. The RitFit Premium ball is available in three different sizes, which are the 55 cm, 65 cm, and 75 cm options.
If you're not sure which size is best for you, check out our buyer's guide below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best balance trainer?
Bosu ball, foam roller, balance or stability trainer are all common names for this tool. This simple tool is more of a modern piece of equipment that is used for balance training. The common denominator here is its use on the floor.
You can perform several different exercises with the Bosu ball. Push-ups, squats, lunges, calf-raises and more can be done. This allows you to greatly strengthen and tone your muscles over time.
If you have trouble with balance this is a great tool for you. Use it to improve overall balance and prevent falls down a flight of stairs or other falls that can cause injury.
Bosu ball is also good for use by people who play sports. Many teams have begun to use Bosu balls to help with agility. It is a great way to improve your balance for sports. You can improve your tennis, basketball, volleyball, life and other sports by using this simple tool.
Are Bosu balls worth the money?
Bosu balls are excellent balance trainers as well as bodyweight workout tools. Balance trainers are important because they challenge your center of gravity and you have to use yourself properly in order to maintain harmony. This causes forced development of muscle-memory, as well as physical strength, balance and stability.
The method of forced development is very effective, especially for people without too much experience in stability training. The reason for this is because of the change from an easy environment to a difficult environment. This decreases your ability to maintain balance and proper body mechanics. So you learn to stabilize yourself in a different manner than you would have in your normal environment. That is why Bosu balls and balance training is so effective.
What is the best Bosu ball?
The Bosu ball has been around for several years now and is a training tool that has been embraced by top-level athletes and those just looking for a challenge. The Bosu ball is like a force-exerting balance board with one hemisphere resting flat against the floor while the other hemisphere has a soft, round, stable platform for someone to stand on.
Physiotherapists have been prescribing Bosu ball exercises for decades, but it is in the last few years that the general public has really embraced it. And why not? If you want to get a good lower body workout without straining your knees, the Bosu ball is a solid and effective option.
What are Bosu balls good for?
And what is a Bosu ball?
The Bosu ball is a half ball with a flat bottom and a flat top. This makes it easy to walk on, or to balance on, and it gives you a place to rest your feet without falling over.
The Bosu ball is one of the most versatile pieces of resistance equipment that you could own. It works for sitting on, and it works for standing on. It works for your core, and it works for everything else.
The Bosu ball is used in a wide variety of athletic disciplines as well as non-athletic settings. It is used mostly for rehabilitation in physical therapy, though. Most often, this involves getting someone’s core back to being healthy and strong.
Best Nitroxic Magnesium Reviewed!
A lot of people start to misunderstand nitric oxide, as soon as it is called a part of the blood. it exists it is a universal part of the human body.
This is only half the story, however. Nitric oxide is a special chemical substance which is released by our body and is symbolized by the formula NO. This is not the only substance which is associated with this formula but it is the one we describe here.
Furthermore, we will classify nitric oxide and describe its structure and other useful details. This chemical is present in our blood and is responsible for some very important processes within our body.
|BOSU Pro Balance Trainer||Best Overall|
|Sagler Balance Ball||Budget Pick|
|Bosu Pro NexGen 65CM Balance Trainer||Upgrade Pick|