This review of the top All in One home gym reviews is not based on a comparison of all the gyms which we believe to be the best however it is based on our own personal experience and research into each home gym.
The following review is of our favourite all in one units. We believe they are the best all in one home gyms in 2020 as they allow you to get a full body workout without numerous pieces of equipment, all for a competitive price.
We also do not include home gym reviews that we believe to be poor quality as we believe there are simply better options out there and do not see the point in wasting your time or risking your safety on a poor quality product which might not even last you long before faults begin to appear.
At the top of the list we have the Bowflex PR1000, this is a well-established product and one of the highest rated home gyms in the market. It gives you a great deal of longevity in terms of workout options and allows you to train at home, watch a bit of TV and then hit the rack. It is one of the most flexible home gyms you can get as it allows you to train virtually all aspects of your body. We really liked this and checked out there individual reviews of the unit.
For the more serious bodybuilders out there you might want to look at the Bowflex PR3000. We personally like more of the cross trainer/individual piece workout type of home gyms but we do recognize the importance to many people of having a more traditional bodybuilding system. The Bowflex PR3000 is one of the best because it is compact yet very versatile. It allows for a full body workout and you can even get a good cardio and anaerobic workout out of it as well.
We also liked the Bowflex Selecttech 552 model. The main reason for this is due to the features of the model. It offers you more than 80 different workout options, which is an incredible amount and allows you to switch things up and keep things interesting. It also gives you cardio and aerobic training options as well, which is rare on many of the top home gym models.
|Total Gym XLS||Best Overall|
|Weider Ultimate Body Works||Budget Pick|
|ICON Fitness Weider PRO 8500 Smith Cage||Upgrade Pick|
1. Total Gym XLS
- Unique design
- Heavy-duty steel frame held together with over 200 bolts for greater durability.
- Smooth operation and solid construction
- Great workout for glutes, back, biceps, abs, quads, delts, calves, hips, and feet.
- Portable and easy to store
One of the most popular cross fit machines out there, the Total Gym XLS can be used by homeowner, personal trainers, and athletic coaches alike.
It is a no-nonsense but extremely effective home workout machine that is hands down one of the greatest innovations to grace the workout world in the past decades.
All you have to do is slide yourself into the Total Gym and position your body the way you want to use it. Then, just turn on the power and get a full working out done.
2. Marcy MWM-988 Multifunction Steel Home Gym 150lb Weight Stack Machine
- Sturdy frame, won't tip over.
- Easy to assemble.
- Padded seat and back rest, great for lean workouts.
- Great for beginner to intermediate users
- Most compact weight machine in the industry!!
- Chrome spring bars and cables for low maintenance, good quality.
- High weight stack of 800lbs
- Chrome Olympic bar with hooks and stoppers.
- Comes with leg curl and leg extension attachments for hamstring fitness.
- Includes a wider than normal lat bar with foam padding.
- Assembly instructions are a bit vague.
- The seat could be a little more comfortable.
- Foot pegs seem a bit flimsy.
If you''re looking for a compact home gym, with lots of functionality for a reasonable price, this is a great option for you. It can provide a lot of resistance training options without taking up a significant amount of floor space.
This Marcy Multi-function home gym comes with a chrome Olympic curl bar with weight stack, multi grip handles with two pulley attachments, a double pulley with lat bar, and an impressive 800 lb. weight stack.
It also comes with a high back seat, curved walk-in design, padded seat and back rest, and a leg curl attachment for your hamstrings. It has a full-sized seat at 30" wide, which is more comfortable than you''d expect, with foot pegs that are adjustable to fit your foot size.
3. Weider Ultimate Body Works
- Very versatile machine
- Despite low weight capacity, good for both males and females.
- Easy to assemble
- Can be folded for easier storage and handling.
- Small foot print
- No space for a water bottle holder.
- Fairly fragile
Weider’s line of Ultimate Body Works machines combines the functionality of a number of individual fitness machines into one simple machine. This is the Ultimate, which combines the functionality of a number of different machines into a single device.
Weider Ultimate Body Works can be a good option for a newbie home gym enthusiast as well as someone who wants to take their training to the next level.
Weider Ultimate Body Works is essentially a full body workout device that allows you to do pull ups, muscle ups, cable crossover, sit ups, abdominal crunches, leg raises, pull aparts, dips, and push ups.
4. ICON Fitness Gold's Gym XRS 50
- 350 lbs of resistance
- Fully adjustable resistance levels from 0-50 lbs in 5-lb increments
- Quick-Set dual pin safety system with top and bottom dual locking pins
- Push pin design for safe, sure and convenient setup
- Highly durable welded steel frame with sturdy supports
- Dual grip Olympic® Bar® with safety stopper pin
- Quick-connect preacher curl/ab pad
- Extra thick bench pad
- Durable 12" x 50" exercise/workout mat
- DVD and workout guide
The XRS50 uses spring resistance to provide up to 50 pounds of adjustable resistance on each of the 18 different exercises. This one machine can replace all your free weights, and it can do all of your cardio and most of your core work, plus back, chest, shoulder and arm workouts. It allows you to target the upper and lower body at the same time.
It is a sturdy machine with large 5.2" columns with state of the art X-Bracing technology for maximum rigidity. It features a heavy gauge steel column with a foam padded 2"x3" welded steel anvil with center stabilizers and 8" centered crossmember for a rock solid feel.
The gold's gym XRS 50 machine also has foam padded bar supports for extra comfort and includes multi position handgrips, low pulley cable and adjustable preacher curl/ab pad. This is an exceptional quality multi-function fitness machine with many additional features.
5. Inspire Fitness Ft2 Functional Trainer
It includes a foot bar that allows you to place your feet or hook them to the handle for added stability. The foot bar is removable too, so you can use the machine without fully removing it.
You get a total of 20 different resistance levels which will keep you challenged as your strength increases.
There’s a plastic non-stick skid pad underneath the machine which helps it to stay in place while you train which is especially important if you have limited space or are training near a wall.
6. Powertec Fitness Lever Gym Work Bench
- Plenty of room to lie down and perform triceps dips
- High, durable weight capacity
- Stability, usability and easily adjustable
- Can withstand up to 300 pounds
- Heavy and stable
- Very hard to assemble
- No pre-drilled holes
This is a very solid investment in your health and fitness, and its user-friendliness makes it a top-choice in our book. Moreover, you can choose from three different weight capacities of 410 lbs, 550 lbs and the amazing 900 lbs! This is why we deem the Powertec Fitness Lever Gym as the best home gym on the market.
This is one of the best home gyms for a beginner to use and is very space-efficient. It is also easy to put away when you're not using it and is even portable for those who want to move it around the house. What we really like is that it does not require any tools to assemble and is designed with a strong steel frame. It's also very attractive when placed in the home.
It has 6 weight bars of 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 25 lbs, 35 lbs and 45 lbs. But what really makes the Powertec Fitness Lever Gym stand out is that it has a built-in preacher curl attachment that gives you even more functionality for your home gym. When you're not using it to strengthen arms, it's an excellent bench that supports up to 900 lbs!
7. Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym
- High standard of quality
- A large funtionality
- Circular motion of exercise
- Large variety of exercises
- High load capacity
- Reasonable price
- Side rails are lame
- Terrible service
- Longevity is unclear
The Body Solid EXM2500S Home Gym is a home multi-gym for large home gym use. The Body Solid EXM2500S is ideal for your home gym and your garage gym workouts.
The Body Solid EXM2500S comes with 2 military grade Olympic weight plates, a lat bar, flat/decline bench, chin up bar, curl bar, and a seat. The Body Solid EXM2500S Home Gym is feature packed and includes a pounding plate lifting system and cable with a pulley system for the most functional home gym made for complete upper and lower body workouts.
There is a lat pull down bar, an overhead cable pulley, a dip station, triceps extensions, and leg extensions and the Body Solid EXM2500S includes a thick-grip preacher curl bar, a leg-curl station, handle bars for bench-press, and a lat pull-down station with multi-grip pull up bar with arm rests.
8. Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym
- Quiet, smooth, and abundant of strength
- Provides an incredibly tough workout with plenty of variety
- Wide range of exercises, over 75, is easily manipulated
- Great for serious athletes, yet also good for beginners
- Most brands that offer machines with over 75 exercises are never this affordable
- True high-speed, high-pulley cable action
- Over-sized rail tubing, double carriageway, hand grip, and foot pegs
- Need a shorter workout or want to focus in on one area of the body? Don’t worry about that with this total gym
- Not designed for those smaller than 120 pounds
- This is a heavier machine
The Body-Craft Galena Pro Home Gym is a superb machine for just about anyone. It is outstanding for beginner and intermediate athletes, yet sturdy and tough enough to handle the workout routines of the most advanced. It is designed to take users all the way from those just beginning their fitness journey and those who are looking to whip their bodies into the ideal shape and form.
This is a versatile piece of fitness equipment with over 75 different exercises that can easily be combined to craft the body of your dreams. The Galena Pro Home Gym is true high-speed, high-pulley cable workout power and it provides a fantastic array of exercises that can be modified to fit the needs of virtually anyone.
This model serves as both a total body gym and also as a functional training tool for the upper and lower body. Features include a total carriageway design, over-sized rail tubing, a double carriageway hand grip, and features steel foot pegs to hold you firmly in place no matter how intense the exercise becomes. The piece is designed to be sturdy and extremely durable. It is made from top-of-the-line materials and boasts a powder coated steel and heavy-duty powder-coated tubing.
9. ICON Fitness Weider PRO 8500 Smith Cage
- Should fit any barbell or weight set up to 210 pounds
- Comes with 2 pairs of adjustable benches for bench press and squats
- Crank adjust feature allows for more space to workout and perform lifts
- Quickly and easily fold up into a small space
The ICON Fitness Weider Pro Smith Cage (Box 1) is perfect for the home gym to act as a safe and secure storage space that can also be used to do some heavy lifting. Some folks even use this as a weight bench in their home. It’s anchored by a solid steel frame and can hold up to 210 pounds.
The rack is meant to be placed on top of your ICON Pro Smith machine which is sold separately, but you could use this stand with any weight bench and still get the benefits of having a safe place to store your barbell and weights.
This item also comes with a pair of adjustable benches which you can use in your flat and squat positions. It also includes four detachable feet so the rack doesn’t move around when you’re lifting. The benches pull out and adjust easily to the right height so you can get into proper position.
10. Body-Solid Bi-Angular Gym
- Lightweight construction
- Very easy assembly
- Made of sturdy components
- Resistance is smoothly adjustable
- Includes leg and calf press attachments and chest press attachments
- Very stable
- Not as adjustable as motorized units
- Does not include any kind of instruction manual
- No place to store the floor stabilizer
The Body-Solid Bi-Angular Home Gym is sturdy, inexpensive, and surprisingly effective. It includes a pulley system with a total 208 pounds of resistance and you can connect it to a power rack or any existing anchor point.
The pulley system doesn’t adjust automatically, so you have to set it up yourself. Thankfully, it contains very useful picture-based instructions. We love the smorgasbord of attachments it comes with, such as a leg curl station, chest press station, and attachments for shoulder and back exercises.
Another perk is that the Bi-Angular Gym is made of extremely sturdy components.
11. Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine Total Body Training Home Gym System
- System includes a complete weight stack
- Can perform virtually every type of exercise possible
- Good quality for its price point
- Comes with a number of accessories
- Doesn’t fold up easily
- Limited dumbbell weight range
Bar, Full Motion Upper and Lower Pulley System.
Get strong with curls, presses, lateral and shoulder raises, triceps and bicep curls, all with ease on this portable Grand View cage. It comes at a great price, offers a full range of motion, and can convert from pulleys to a straight bar for a full range of motion.
Contemporary Marcy fitness products have been around since 1895, making them one of the leading fitness equipment manufacturers of all time.
12. MiM USA Commercial Hercules 1001 Jumbo
- Covered with a limited manufacturer warranty
- Comes with a dual exercise Smith machine, free weights, pull up bars, leg press machine, power rack, bench press machine and dip station
- Offers a total of 745LBS of user weight
- Comes with a comfortable leg extension/curl station and a sit up station
- Comes with two Olympic barbells
- Comfortable molded foam padding on the ergonomic lat pull-down bar
- 180 degree grip rotation of pull-up station
- Comes with a height adjustable seat
- Features heavy gauge 2"x6" steel construction
- Comes with four 2.5" swivel casters and a 2" locking front caster
The MiM USA Hercules is a commercial grade weight lifting set that can accommodate multiple users at one time. The compact design of the weight bench and power rack makes it possible to use it in your home without sacrificing much in terms of space.
It is designed to provide a total body workout from beginner to advanced levels. It features a 40 inch lat pull down station. The bench also allows adjustability of the seat height. This ensures that you will be able to perform any calf raise, shoulder press, triceps extension and chin up that you might be interested in doing.
This rack is constructed using heavy gauge 2×6 steel tubing. It also features a 1/2 inch thick high density foam leg developer pad and seat.
13. Body-Solid SBL460P4 Free-Weight Leverage Gym
- Free-weight rack is very solidly built
- When properly assembled, it’s quite sturdy
- J-hooks can handle a lot of weight
- Allows for a lot of different exercises
- The directions for assembly are not very clear
- You will need a wrench or other tool to put it together
- The screws and bolts are not marked which makes the assembly more difficult
This is one of the best all in one home gyms and it features a free weight attachment, which makes it easy to get the maximum benefits of free weight exercises, as well as an Olympic leverage squat attachment and a flat, incline, and decline bench.
The unit is very solidly built and performs well. Assembly is time-consuming, but not difficult. Be sure to have a wrench or socket set, because those are stated as "tools for assembly" on the Amazon product page, but there is no indication that they are included with the kit.
The bench also comes with a hydraulic weight/resistance selector allowing the user to decrease or increase the weight for any of the exercises. The bench is also height and width adjustable, so you can not only create the angle of incline or decline you want, but also the pad adjusts for plenty of exercises.
14. Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym
- Easy setup and easy storage
- Leg extension and leg curl
- Over 40 built-in exercises
- Excellent warranty program
- Fantastic customer service by Bowflex
- Excellent weight capacity
- Lightweight design
- Great price for your dollar
- Additional leg attachment available
- Users will want to upgrade the standard bar
- Not suitable for very tall users
Bowflex knows their stuff and brand recognition is important for anyone just getting into working out. The Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym, (formerly they had the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym for Men and the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym for Women), like the Bowflex Revolution (which is basically the men’s version), is a compact piece of equipment that gives you an incredible amount of quality for your money.
It comes with a squat stand with a bar with a pad on it, that might be a little cheap but is tons better than those metal handles you see on other brands.
The Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym comes assembled so you can start lifting right out of the box. It lets you do over 40 exercises and comes with a lot of variety.
15. BodyCraft XPress Pro 200lb. Single Stack Gym
- Wide array of pre-programmed exercises
- Quiet operation
- Compact design
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable seat
- Seat feels a little cheap
- Extremely high weight capacity might be overkill for some (though this might be a pro for a big guy with big weights)
Nobody likes clutter, and that’s why this single stack is perfect for someone who wants to get in and get out.
Body-Craft has been in the game for a long time, and they’ve tuned in to how small spaces need to be accommodated. The XPress Pro, despite having a weight stack that’s been tuned to 200 pounds, only takes up 6” of space when not in use.
The seat and display are ergonomic (though a little cheap looking and feeling). If you want to do more than bench press, the XPress Pro stands out as it can do more than 130 exercises. With help from a variety of user-friendly programs, you’ll get firm abs, tight glutes, and a strong, lean upper body.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best all in one workout machine?
With an all-in-one gym you can mix and match a variety of exercises to work every muscle group in your body, with minimal space required. These gyms are comfortable and convenient to use for both beginners and pros. For the money, these top-rated all in one workout machines deliver the best value.
What is the best total gym machine?
The Iron Gym is one of the most popular all in available. In the package, you get a bar, a chin-up assist, a dip assist and a push-up assist. The dip assist and push-up assist are a nice addition, though the push-up assist is more of a novelty as you can make a push-up assist out of a chair.
The dip assist seems a lot more useful to me. It is also a great way to up the difficulty level and add variety to your workout.
However, because the foot pads are made of plastic, they can feel a bit wobbly and feel unstable under you.
The push-up assist also feels a bit flimsy, but it does its job.
I really like the fact that this exercise bar attaches to any door frame. You can install it in a doorway in your gym in no time at all. With the Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar, you will be able to get a lot done with very little space. More space is required if you are using the chin-up bar. This exercises bar takes up a lot more space than the dip and push-up assist.
The Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar is a useful and space-efficient piece of equipment that will help you with your workouts. Inexpensive and versatile, this gym bar is a great home gym addition.
Which brand is best for home gym?
We have compiled a list of leading brands for home gyms. You can check it home gym brands from amazon given below.
The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne bicycle is one of Schwinn's most popular home exercise equipment pieces, and one of the best aerobic machines on the market.
It is a fitness bike that actually gives you a workout instead of just being a piece of home exercise equipment that takes up space.
The bike features the fan-like action of the Airdyne, and a butterfly, clip-on style fan for a full-body workout.
A lightweight, aluminum frame is a durable bike with a fluid, smooth action for low maintenance and long life.
It is a bike that is easy for anyone to transition to and use. It is an exercise bike that is durable because it is not excessively heavy. While the bike is easy to use, it does take some assembly for the fan to work properly.
The maximum user weight is 350 pounds. It has an upper body workout, and the seat can be adjusted for height and comfort. Pedaling action is smooth and the fan is strong.
You will receive a leg and a full-body workout with this home exercise equipment. It features an intense cycling workout and yet is still easy to use.
It is a very affordable bike that is easy to assemble and use with the added bonus of an upper body workout, which is an added benefit.
The maximum user weight on this bike is 350 pounds so it will probably work for most adults. This upper-body challenging bike is a budget-friendly version of the true Airdyne, but some assembly is required.
What we like: 1. The bike is made by Schwinn. 2. Smooth, fluid motion thanks to a rear fan. 3. It is an exercise bicycle that provides an upper-body workout. 4. The bike is inexpensive compared to other bikes. 5. Easy to assemble.
What we do not like: 1. The assembly takes some time and effort. You'll need a screwdriver. 2. Airdyne bikes weigh a ton – this model is more lightweight. 3. It is a small foot print workout machine, so it's not a lot of space in your house.
Specifications: Monitor: Yes
Seat Height Adjustment: Yes
Stride Length: Yes
Levels Of Resistance: 22
Heart Rate Tracking: No
|Total Gym XLS||Best Overall|
|Weider Ultimate Body Works||Budget Pick|
|ICON Fitness Weider PRO 8500 Smith Cage||Upgrade Pick|