Below you will find two of the best ab workout machines available on the market reviewed and compared.
|Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial Multi-Workout Abdominal/Hyper Back Extension Bench||Best Overall|
|Dual Ab Wheel||Budget Pick|
|Inspire Fitness Ab Bench||Upgrade Pick|
1. Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial Multi-Workout Abdominal/Hyper Back Extension Bench
- A total body workout bench that is designed to support any weight you care to lift.
- Affordable alternative to some of the best ab workout machines on the market.
- Easy storage option. All you need is a door that it can be mounted on.
- Maximum user weight limit of 350 pounds.
- Lack of padding in some areas makes it uncomfortable to use if you are used to a padded bench.
- Heavy. Not appropriate as an off-the-floor exercise bench.
This adjustable bench is designed for an effective crunching and toning workout and has a wide five and a half foot base that accommodates users of all shapes.
It has a padded bench and back support area to make it more comfortable and easier to maintain correct posture, while the weight stack cage allows weights to be increased according to individual requirements.
The machine is designed for use as an abdominal workout bench and is also used for back extension exercises.
2. ABLE Push Up Stands
- Simple and effective push up stands.
- Suitable for beginners and intermediate users.
- Good price/quality ratio.
- Solid construction.
- They stabilize your body.
- Increase the intensity of the exercise.
- Perfect to train your abs, chest muscles, arms and back.
- They effectively reduce the load on your back.
- Good for different exercises, not only push ups.
- Sturdy and foldable.
- Needs a little bit of practice to get the best results.
3. PEXMOR Yoga Half Ball Balance Trainer Exercise Ball Resistance Band Two Pump Home Gym Core Training
- Variety of exercises possible.
- Helps strengthen abdominal and back muscles.
- Can improve balance and flexibility.
- Can improve posture and stability.
- Many exercises focus on upper body.
- Not sturdy for heavy people. A lot of weight causes the ball to roll out of place.
- Pump may break over time.
The PEXMOR fitness ball is an excellent fitness device for those of us who exercise at home. It’s inexpensive, easy to set up and comes with three resistance bands built-in for a wide variety of workouts.
The band gives it just enough resistance to challenge your ab muscles and offer a lot of variety to the exercises you can perform.
The balls are large enough to offer a good workout, but not so big as to be a problem if you are tight on space. And they are available in a nice assortment of colors.
4. STEALTH Core Trainer
- Exercises All the Major Muscle Groups in Your Arms and Core
- Assembly is Super Easy
- Soothing and Modern Design
- Winner of Best New Product at World Fit Exposition
- It Offers a Unique All-in-one Core Trainer Equipment
- It Combines a Get Fit, Get Strong, and Get Healthy Approach
- Supports Your Own Weight Meaning You Get the Most Out of Your Exercise
- Crowning Achievement in Activity Gear!
- Machine Takes up More Space Than We Would Like
- People Who are Tall May Feel That Their Arms Are a Bit Short Compared to the Rest of Their Body
- The Resistance Levels Are Way Too Easy
- Bulky Machine Makes It Hard to Store
The STEALTH core trainer is very unique. One thing that makes it special is that it is the only core training equipment on the market that uses a combination of resistance bands and stability ball.
By using these two methods in conjuction with 1,000 different exercises you can get the most out of your core training.
The machine features a multi directional resistance system that you can exercise in simply by moving the machine in a direction that is perpendicular to the machine. This helps to give that full body resistance to the user.
5. WONDER CORE Smart : Cardio+ Body Muscle Toning
- Workout in the comfort of your home.
- Exercise at your own pace, so you can get the body you've always wanted.
- Create your personalized fitness program with the Fitness app.
- Improve your overall flexibility and core strength.
- The Wonder Core Smart is able to track your exercise time and reps.
- With the 4x motivation feature, you will be able to monitor your progress quickly.
- No batteries needed.
- Keeps you safe with side grip handles to help stabilize your core.
- Simple, lightweight design to take on the go.
- The resistance can be difficult to adjust, but you can get a feel for which level of difficulty you prefer and then set the right resistance.
- The instructions can be a little hard to decipher, especially if you're doing this right out of the box without reading the instructions.
The Wonder Core Smart looks a little bit like a medieval torture device, but it's actually an innovative compression technology that gives you a full core workout.
6. Plankpad – Balance Board & Bodyweight Fitness Trainer
- Unique exercise resistance level system
- Highly effective plank exercises
- Built using durable, high quality construction
- Simple to use training app
- Works for arms, abs, and legs
- Built-in handles for easy transport
- App is supported by both Android and iOS
- Entertaining and effective workouts
- User-friendly app design
- No assembly required
- Assembling is required
- Only one resistance level available
- Swivels while in use
- App is designed for certain Android and iOS devices
- Works best in small spaces
This plank board is both effective and fun. It is a plank isometric exercise device for fitness enthusiasts and athletes. It has a maple wood frame and comes with a walnut, all-natural finish.
The unit includes an app with built-in functionality to the plankpad including 50+ exercises, more than 100 workouts, and a training leaderboard so you can compare your results with others.
The main board is is flat on each side and has two parallel handles on each end that help you stay centered on the board for effective workouts.
7. Marcy Adjustable Hyperextension Roman Chair / Exercise Hyper Bench JD-3.1
- Multiple angle adjustments
- Heavy-duty construction
- Assembles easily
- Utility for a range of exercises
- Easy to store
- Very comfortable
The Marcy Adjustable Hyperextension Roman Chair is the perfect solution to a hyper-extension exercise. It provides a full range of motion from 0 to 45 degrees to accomplish your specific exercises and help improve flexibility and mobility. The seat has a non-slip, contoured textured design and the footrest is made of heavy-duty steel.
This exercise bench comes with dual handles that can be adjusted, so you have more versatility for the exercises you can perform. It can also be folded and easily stored away for future use.
You can use this exercise bench in just about any workout routine, including back extensions, leg lifts, as well as dips. Simply adjust the seat lower to transform the bench into a total body workout machine.
8. Tristar Products Inc. AbCoaster MAX Ab Machine Exercise Equipment
- Long Lasting
- Can Be Used By Men and Women
- Bring Results
- Can Be Used By People with a Low Budget
- A Little Boring
- A Little Bit Hard
- Most People Don't Have Cardio Equipment To Connect It With So You Need To Get the Cardio for Free
Even though the AbCoaster is a useful home workout machine, that does not mean it does not come with some common complaints. These common complaints include poor customer service, hard to assemble, and can take a while to have results.
However, this machine is affordable for many people. Although this machine is hard to assemble, you can have almost immediate results from using it regularly. This machine is also good for people who do not have a lot of space in their home to get a full gym set up. This machine also works well for people on a low budget.
Bottom line: This machine is suitable for beginners and experts alike. It is affordable and easy to use. It also has a good number of benefits. The only major problem with the AbCoaster is that it is a little bit hard to assemble.
9. Weider Ultimate Body Works
- Comes with multiple attachments, weights, and a weight stack
- Features cable-style resistance for smooth and quiet use
- Features a large exercise selection
- Small, versatile, and easy to use
- Excellent for beginners and experienced lifters
- Features an adjustable durability monitor
- Some users report a defect with the air piston that can result in injury
The Bowflex Ultimate Body Works is the perfect option for anyone looking for a home gym machine that can offer both resistance and pullup/chin up options.
The Bowflex Ultimate Body Works has everything you need to build muscle, increase strength, burn fat, and get in amazing shape. This machine is also fantastic for seniors. You can even adjust it on the fly to change the difficulty level of the workout if you need to make it easier or harder.
What’s more, the Ultimate Body Works lets you choose from over 40 different resistance levels with its large weight stack range. It provides resistance based on the pull of a lever. This machine also includes 18 different exercises that can be performed with this machine.
10. Lifeline Power Wheel
- “Full body functional strength workout
- “Builds strength throughout the lower and upper body
- “Builds squats, lunges, back extensions, leg curls, and more
- “Randomizes strength levels and workouts for variety and challenge
- “Infinite resistance level possibilities give you a perfectly tailored workout experience
It is compatible with smartphone, tablet, or television for entertainment.
11. Body Champ VKR1010 Fitness Multi Function Power Tower/Multi Station
- Available in fantasy, black and grey.
- It’s 65 1/2 inches high.
- It weighs 50 pounds.
- It’s compact and portable.
- It includes a workout chart.
- It can handle 400 pounds, 180 pounds on main stand, 360 pounds on dip bars, and 290 pounds on pull-up bar.
- It can accommodate two users.
- The dip bars are about 8 inches wide.
- It provides an array of exercise possibilities.
- It has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- The dip bars can be unreliable.
- The pull up bar can break easily.
- It requires significant assembly time.
The product dimensions are 41 x 28.8 x 27 inches.
This is a great piece of equipment that offers a lot of bang for your buck. It will provide you with a variety of exercise options. It does require a decent amount of assembly time, though.
In terms of construction, it appears to be very durable, although the dip bars can be a little unreliable. Otherwise, it is a great option for those that want a compact, simple piece of equipment. It gives you a variety of training options, including cable pushdowns, pull-ups, and dips. The pull-up bar can even accommodate those that are 6’7”.
12. Core Coaster Abdominal Trainer
- Features 7 standard ab exercises
- Adjustable level of intensity
- Can be used in a seated or standing position
- Lightweight and portable design
- Includes 1 year warranty
- Quality build-quality
- Comfortable to use
- Relatively cheap
- Stability issues
- One user commented that it’s flimsy.
If you are looking for one of the best cheap ab machines for your home gym, then definitely consider the Ab Coaster Exercise Machine. The Ab Coaster is a multipurpose abdominal trainer that is used to strengthen and tone core muscles.
It is constructed of heavy-duty steel which has a weight capacity of 400 lbs. The machine features an adjustable ab pad that has an ergonomic design which allows for optimal comfort and performance. It also includes pedals with rubber feet to provide multiple movement patterns for maximum results.
This Ab Coaster model comes with 7 unique exercises that include standard rolls, knee raises, shoulder taps, and dips. It can be used in a sitting or standing position and it is perfect for use by beginners as well as for those who are experienced in working out.
13. Daiwa USJ-804 Rodeo Core Compact Core Trainer Ab Workout Equipment
- Versatile design for your workout experience
- Overall compact, easy to put away in your bedroom, living room or at home
- Great equipment for legs, thighs, buttocks, as well as muscle strengthening
- No electricity needed, good for workout at home
- Chest press, flexing, joints for whole body exercise
- Heavy duty foot bar to keep your feet from slipping
- Adjustable seat with non-slip mat to adjust based on your height
- Not easy to assemble; with a little patience and following the manual, you can still manage it, but takes some time.
This equipment helps you build on your abdomen, as well as legs, thighs, buttocks. It is a great workout equipment for both upper and lower part of your body.
It is convenient to use, no need to put up with electricity and installation, you can put the gym equipment together on your own without any help.
And then we have the heavy-duty foot rest, which is a solid construction that keeps your feet from slipping, allowing you to keep your hands firmly on the handles to get a comfortable grip.
14. Inspire Fitness Ab Bench
- Adjustable, individual footrests.
- Produces a good amount of force.
- Sturdy construction.
- Can be difficult to use for some.
- Hard to completely flat out for some as the seat is too hard.
The Inspire Fitness Ab Bench is a workhorse for ab workouts. This is a well-designed and well-built ab bench for home use. It is used for sit-ups and crunches for an upper and lower abdominal workout.
The ab bench is comfortable and has a rubber bottom to set on top of a gym mat. It comes standard with 4 individual footrests and a decent amount of resistance.
Overall, it is a high-quality piece of equipment to have in your home gym for ab workouts as well as a good quality bench.
15. Dual Ab Wheel
- 1-year warranty
- Great way to target the abs
- Wide range of motion to target multiple muscle groups
- Lightweight and portable so you can take it with you
- Versatile, perfect for the home, gym or anywhere else
- Compact and light
- Great pricing for the value
- Requires a flat surface to use the product (no padded back on it)
- Padding on the handles could better
The Dual Ab Wheel is our top pick because you really cannot beat the value of this product. It’s super cheap and works great, and it’s super portable.
The versatile design allows you to use it in the gym, at home, on the road, almost anywhere. This is a great piece of equipment for just about anyone who wants to quickly target the abs and promote core strength. No matter how you use it, it’s always going to a great option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which gym equipment is best for abs?
Other than a weighted ab wheel, which you can easily use at home, you can’t beat the ab roller. Don’t be deceived by its small size. It is one of the most effective ab and core trainers. You exercise your entire core muscle group when using an ab roller wheel. When used with proper form, the ab roller will provide a good ab workout and strict abs with no excess fat, unlike a lot of these fad exercise machines for abs.
Ab rollers were the number one motivational tool for me to improve my six-pack and overall abdominal strength. The feeling you get as a little wheel rolls your abs out of shape is a very powerful incentive to work out regularly.
Which exercise machine burns the most belly fat?
If you want to know how to avoid fat and belly fat, you should think about a cardiovascular workout such for instance as going on a walk or taking the stairs. You should also change your diet and start to consume less calories than you need everyday and more nutritous food.
If you are interested in which abdominal muscle is used during an exercise, you should read this article full of information about eight best abdominal exercise machines.
Which Total Gym model is the best?
The Total Gym XLS is the most popular model for a reason. This model offers all the features that Total Gym owners want, and many use it every day.
Like the model below, this model is for the serious workout enthusiast. The additional seat, handgrips, leg stabilization bar, dip attachment, and the 200 pound weight capacity easily combine with the capabilities of the Total Gym to make it really ideal for the serious bodybuilder or physique competitor.
Is the Total Gym XLS worth the extra money? If your goal is to build muscle and increase your strength, this model will help you reach these goals.
This model is designed for the serious athlete and those that are going to use their Total Gym every day. For most people, the added features provide little additional benefit, and the extra cost is an unnecessary investment.
What gym equipment is best for a flat stomach?
A flat stomach is a primary motivator for a lot of people who join CrossFit and bodybuilding gyms. It’s on most people’s lists of most desirable physical attributes, right up with good muscle tone, good symmetry and a nice butt.
If you want flat abs in addition to good muscle tone, you will have to make some changes in your lifestyle and nutrition. When you get to the point where you are just exercising for your abs alone, you’ll probably never achieve them. Once you lean out, your abs will look flat, but you really need a toned body that is not overweight to pull this off.
Great exercise equipment comes from great designs, the exercise equipment are best designed and efficient, Technogym has all that a home needs. Technogym has a wide range of a superb quality of equipment, from bikes to treadmills to ellipticals to home gym equipment, Technogym's line tends to be high-quality and highly affordable.
It's always a good idea to check out the company that you're buying your exercise equipment from. Technogym is a well-trusted fitness brand, known for their intense focus on combining technology with activities to enhance your physical fitness. Technogym has one of the strongest reputations in the fitness industry.
|Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial Multi-Workout Abdominal/Hyper Back Extension Bench||Best Overall|
|Dual Ab Wheel||Budget Pick|
|Inspire Fitness Ab Bench||Upgrade Pick|